Would you give quizzical looks if we say, ‘it’s high time to try on some of the most renowned organic tea brands?’ Well, there’s a reason! A growing number of studies show high levels of carcinogens and pesticides in conventional tea brands!
Organic tea provides immense health benefits. Whether you’re replacing your morning cup of coffee or are simply looking for tea brands without pesticides, here are our top picks. Let’s get going!
Health Benefits of Best Organic Tea
Here are some of the potential health benefits of organic tea brands that you must know before buying one.
- Boost immunity: Organic tea from a trustworthy tea company shall boost immunity against cancer, heart problems, cardiovascular diseases, high cholesterol levels, rheumatoid arthritis, and more.
- Weight management: Another notable finding is that weight management aids in weight management by increasing metabolism due to zero calories and plenty of antioxidants.
- Oral health: Consuming natural tea promotes oral health and reduces decay and plaque.
- Improves brain function: Natural tea is beneficial for enhancing cognition. It also enhances certain levels of cognitive hormones in the brain.
- Good for type-2 diabetes: Organic tea is beneficial for diabetic patients as it aids in reducing blood sugar levels.
- Controlled Caffeine Intake: Just like organic chamomile tea, many teas offer decaffeinated versions, as well as those that are completely caffeine-free. This helps you enjoy your tea while not worrying about caffeine intake – especially if you have low caffeine tolerance.
Pesticides Found in Regular Tea Brands
More than half the regular tea brands are filled with pesticides beyond the allowable limit.
According to a 2018 survey, eight out of the ten popular tea brands contained more than 20 pesticide residues. And that is not good news!
In fact, two chemicals are present in abundance in regular tea leaves. One is Endosulfan and the other one is Monocrotophos.
If you aren’t aware, Endosulfan is one of the most toxic pesticides that may cause human developmental damage.
On the other hand, Monocrotophos is a banned chemical because it is toxic to humans and birds.
How Will You Know If Your Tea Brands Are Safe?
So, you want to ensure every cup of tea is healthy and good for you and your family. But how can you possibly tell which brands remain true to their labels and follow necessary ethics? Here are a few tips!
- Organic and non-GMO – Check if the tea brand holds these certifications; They indicate that your tea was cultivated without pesticides or chemicals are doesn’t contain genetically modified organisms. And this step is a must as not all are organic tea brands.
- Be careful about “added” or “natural” flavors – Look at the label, and as well as items such as corn starch to know how natural it is.
- Choose loose leaf over a ground, pre-made tea bag – It is always better to choose these types of leaves. The best loose leaf tea undergoes less processing and contains more nutrients.
- Fair trade practices – Also, try and look for brands that follow fair trade practices and bring the best blends without exploiting the real producers.
Reviews: Best Organic Tea Brands
We hope that you will find the following organic tea brands a great collection! Also, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page so that you know.
- Meet the exceptional tea brands that bring forth delicious fruity herbal teas to your table – Stash Tea! Founded in 1972, Stash Tea is known for its range of loose herbal teas, bagged teas, and bulk herbs, each with a suitable price.
- Blended in the USA, all their teas, herbal, black, green, white, or oolong, are of the finest quality and purest taste. To lock the delicious flavor and freshness, they wrap their tea bag in stay-fresh foil wrappers, so it stays much better than the loose variants.
- Fruity Herbal Tea Six Flavor Assortment has allowed tea lovers like us to get our hands on an assortment of flavors. And that’s why most people love this brand, whether loose or in a bag.
- The assortment contains six delicious fruity herbal teas – Lemon, Acai Berry, Wild Raspberry Hibiscus, Lemon Ginger, Mango Passionfruit, and Strawberry Pomegranate Red.
- It also has USA-based non-GMO certifications.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- USA-based Numi Organic Tea stands out as one of the top organic tea brands. It is a social enterprise and corporation committed to eco-friendliness and chemical-free teas to support your health.
- On top, the brand truly lives up to its motto, “well-being of mind, body, and spirit through the simple art of tea.”
- You’ll be glad to know that this one product right here is the best organic black tea and is sourced from sustainably grown leaves.
- One of the best tea brands, you will find a vast array of flavors in the form of tea bags, loose dried leaves, or flowering teas to keep you energetic. It also has the necessary non-Gmo certifications in place.
- Numi also follows fair and good trade practices and charts high ethics, from sourcing to packaging.
- Apart from the fair trade, the brand is also popular for its assorted flavors, including Gunpowder green, Moroccan Mint, Turmeric Three Roots, Aged Earl Grey, and more. We’d recommend trying Numi’s collection of fruity-flavored teas.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- For people who love herbal beverages the most, Rishi Tea’s Chai Concentrate is the right choice. The Rishi tea brand’s reputation for producing organic teas comes directly from sustainably grown plantations.
- Apart from Asian countries, these teas have a fan following in most other parts of the world. It is the brand’s quality that makes it stand out in the crowd.
- When you buy this product, you will get a pack of Turmeric Ginger tea and welcome the wisdom of Ayurveda into your kitchen.
- It is also one of the best tea brands because its Turmeric Ginger concentrate is dairy-free, gluten-free, organic, and kosher.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- At the core of this organic tea lies traditional medicinal herbs. And, every blend of this brand meets stringent criteria to match all-natural standards.
- All herbs used are chosen carefully by trained professionals to ensure purity and sustainability, making it count among the top tea companies.
- Backed with more than 30+ years of experience, the creators at Traditional Medicinals formulate their teas to inspire and serve wellness enthusiasts out there.
- Their popular tea blends, Organic Dandelion, Nettle leaf, Healthy Cycle, Licorice Root, and Raspberry Leaf, are popular names.
- If you ask our fave, it is always the Organic Hibiscus Herbal Tea. It is a true treat to the taste buds and your body. On top of that, these hibiscus herbal teas are naturally caffeine-free and rich in antioxidants.
- Plus, these teas offer plenty of health benefits – treat high blood pressure, high cholesterol, digestive issues, and inflammation.
- This product is also fair trade certified and certified for being kosher, organic, and caffeine-free.
- Organic India Tea holds a great reputation for its organic, premium quality tea varieties. For many years, the brand has been the go-to for health-conscious tea lovers.
- With organic certifications from the USDA and Control Union, you can get a cup every morning, knowing that it has no chemicals and added flavors.
- Tulsi Tea Classic deserves a special mention among various flavors like homey-chamomile, ginger, tulsi, tulsi-ginger-turmeric, and more.
- It is naturally caffeine-free, reduces stress, enhances stamina, and brings your body and mind back to their full energy levels.
- If that’s not sounding awesome, you must also know that this tea blend is full of antioxidants, so that’s one easy way to get glowing skin and a healthy body.
- You can also reap weight-loss benefits with the teas from this label, and that’s another reason to keep a complete stock of this tea.
- An organically sourced Green tea brought by the whole foods market with fresh packaging whenever you buy it.
- These are the best organic green tea leaves and are picked from the lush mountainsides in China and are gently steamed to retain their flavor.
- Besides, this green tea by 365 is a natural source of protective antioxidants and boosts immunity.
- Lastly, these are all-natural and certified organic and Kosher teas.
- This organic tea from Heavenly Tea Leaves is available in different flavors for you to choose from.
- A gourmet selection of the 9 best organic loose leaf teas & herbal tisanes.
- Besides, there are ten servings of tea per can, and you can purchase a variety pack.
- The package is delivered in eco-friendly boxes by the tea company, which are also great for gifts.
- However, the best part is that it is an organic and Kosher-certified tea.
- This natural, herbal, and caffeine-free chai blend tea is available in different pack sizes.
- It contains chamomile tea, mint tea, and rooibos tea, making it an all-in-one pack of tea.
- Besides, it has teabag units in convenient packages and is easy to use with full leaf quality.
- Premium organically sourced tea leaves are used and blended with real fruits and ingredients.
- This tea brings you flavor and health benefits in various styles.
- The brand also has requisite certifications for being a B Corporation and social enterprise and follows fair trade procedures.
- The sweet and spicy organic tea is a classic blend of flavors like cinnamon, lemongrass, and grapefruit in a fair amount.
- The pack contains eighteen tea bags of different flavors, from peppermint to ginger to anise seed.
- There are many benefits of drinking this herbal tea, yet the best one boosts your immune system.
- No artificial flavors or preservatives have been used to make this tea.
- Besides, this tea is gluten-free, decaffeinated, and will light up your taste buds with its mind-blowing taste.
- Organic India is known for its world-class herbal tea, and this tulsi flavor will mesmerize you with its amazing taste.
- This herbal tea has a fair amount of health benefits for your physical and mental body.
- Counted among the top tea companies, it increases your stamina, boosts the immune system, and is highly rich in antioxidants.
- This tea’s adaptogenic properties will help you rejuvenate instantly with its consumption.
- All the different flavors in this pack have different taste, smell, and look to make your tea experience memorable.
- Taste the awesomeness of fresh herbal tea with this Traditional Medicinals organic tea.
- This delightful tea is purely organic and is made from high-quality herbs.
- The tea is highly efficient in stimulating the liver and providing healthy digestion.
- Each pack features six different boxes with sixteen tea bags, each at the listed price.
- It has a pleasant roasted taste that will open up all your taste buds at once.
- The IMoZai made organic tea has tea leaves handpicked from the Anxi, China, making tea.
- It has a bright golden color and a mild flavor that provides a delicious taste to the drinker at a reasonable price.
- This company’s tea is semi-fermented from the best qualities of black and green tea leaves.
- This pack consists of a total of 100 tea bags in the package.
- It also features caffeine in a small amount of 30-40mg to make the tea a little strong.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Tea Brands
|1||Stash Fruity - Organic Herbal Tea||Stash||98.5|
|2||Numi Aged Earl Grey - Fair Trade Organic Tea||Numi||97.5|
|3||Rishi Organic - Turmеric-Gingеr Tea||Rishi||96|
|4||Traditional Medicinals Top Organic - Herbal Tea||Traditional Medicinals||98.1|
|5||Organic India Herbal - Tulsi Moringa Tea||Organic India||98|
|6||365 Everyday Value - Organic Green Tea||365||97|
|7||HTL Loose Leaf - Organic Tea||HTL||97|
|8||Numi Organic Tea - Rooibos Chai||Numi||96|
|9||Good Earth Decaffeinated - Organic Tea||Good Earth||97|
|10||Organic India True Wellness - Tulsi Tea||Organic India||98|
|11||Traditional Medicinals Best Organic - Natural Teas||Traditional Medicinals||96|
|12||IMoZai Oolong - Refreshing Teas||IMoZai||96|
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Best Organic Tea
- Pesticides Found in Regular Tea Brands
- How Will You Know If Your Tea Brands Are Safe?
- Reviews: Best Organic Tea Brands
- Stash® Fruity Organic Herbal Tea
- Numi® Aged Earl Grey Fair Trade Organic Tea
- Rishi® Organic Turmеric-Gingеr Tea
- Traditional Medicinals® Top Organic Herbal Tea
- Organic India® Herbal Tulsi Moringa Tea
- 365® Everyday Value Organic Green Tea
- HTL® Loose Leaf Organic Tea
- Numi® Organic Tea Rooibos Chai
- Good Earth® Decaffeinated Organic Tea
- Organic India® True Wellness Tulsi Tea
- Traditional Medicinals® Best Organic Natural Teas
- IMoZai® Oolong Refreshing Teas
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Tea Brands