Would you give quizzical looks if we say, ‘it’s high time to turn your back on some of your favorite tea brands’ ? Well, there’s a reason: a growing number of studies show high levels of carcinogens and pesticides in conventional tea brands.
Whether you’re replacing your morning cup of coffee or are simply looking for a flavorful organic tea brand, here are our top 5 picks.
Health Benefits of Organic Tea
The organic tea provides immense health benefits when consumed regularly. Here are some of the potential health benefits.
- Boost Immunity: Organic tea boosts immunity against cancer, heart problems, cardiovascular diseases, high cholesterol levels, rheumatoid arthritis, and more.
Weight management: Due to zero calories and plenty of antioxidants, it aids in weight management by increasing metabolism.
Oral health: Consuming natural tea promotes oral health and reduces decay and plaque.
Improves brain function: Natural tea is good for enhancing cognition. It also enhances levels of dopamine and norepinephrine.
Good for Type 2 Diabetes: Organic tea is good for diabetic patients as it aids in reducing blood sugar levels.
Pesticides in Regular Tea Brands
More than half the regular tea brands are filled with pesticides beyond the allowable limit. According to a 2018 survey, eight out of the ten popular tea brands contained more than 20 pesticide residues. And that is not good news!
In fact, two chemicals are present in abundance in regular tea leaves. One is endosulfan and the other one is Monocrotophos.
If you aren’t aware, Endosulfan is one of the most toxic pesticides that may cause developmental damages in humans. Monocrotophos, on the other hand, is a banned chemical because it is toxic to humans and birds.
How Will You Know If Your Tea Is Safe?
So, you want to ensure every cup of tea is healthy and good for you and your family. But how can you possibly tell which brands remain true to their labels? Here are a few tips.
Check if the tea brand holds these certifications: organic and non-GMO. They indicate that your tea was cultivated without pesticides or chemicals are doesn’t contain genetically modified organism.
Look at the label, and be careful about “added” or “natural” flavors, as well as items such as corn starch.
It is always better to choose loose leaf over ground, pre-made tea bags. Because loose leaf undergoes less processing and contains more nutrients.
Reviews: Best Organic Tea Brands
We hope you love the tea products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- At its core, Traditional Medicinals tea is all about premium quality and taste. And, every blend of this brand meets stringent criteria to meet ‘all-natural’ standards.
All herbs used are chosen carefully by trained professionals to ensure purity and sustainability.
- Backed with more than 30+ years of experience, the creators at Traditional Medicinals formulate their teas to inspire and serve wellness enthusiasts out there.
Speaking of their popular tea blends, Organic Dandelion, Nettle leaf, Healthy Cycle, Licorice Root, and Raspberry Leaf are some of the tea-lover favorite names.
If you ask our fave, it is always the Organic Hibiscus Herbal Tea. It is a true treat to the taste buds and your body. The hibiscus herbal tea is naturally caffeine-free and rich in antioxidants. Plus, they offer plenty of health benefits – treat high blood pressure, high cholesterol, digestive issues, and inflammation.
- Numi stands out as one of the best organic tea brands. It is a social enterprise B corporation committed to eco friendliness, and chemical-free teas to support your health.
The brand truly lives up to its motto “well-being of mind, body, and spirit through the simple art of tea.”
The great-tasting tea is sourced from leaves that are sustainably grown, and they use only fair trade materials for harvesting and processing. Not to mention the eco-friendly packaging.
Numi Organic Tea offers a vast array of flavors that come in tea bags, as loose dried leaf, or as flowering tea.
Popular flavors of the brand include Gunpowder green, Moroccan Mint, Turmeric Three Roots, Aged Earl Grey, and more. We’d recommend trying Numi’s collection of fruity flavors organic tea blends and teasans.
- If you are someone who loves herbal beverages the most, Rishi Tea’s Chai Concentrate is for you. The brand has its reputation for producing organic teas that come directly from sustainably grown plantations.
Not only in Asian countries, has the brand had a fan following in other parts of the world, too. It is the quality of the brand that makes it stand out in the crowd.
Pick up a pack of Turmeric Ginger Chai and welcome the wisdom of Ayurveda into your kitchen.
The Turmeric Ginger concentrate is dairy-free, gluten-free, organic, and kosher.
- Meet the exceptional brand that brings forth delicious fruity herbal teas to your table – Stash Tea! Founded in 1972, Stash Tea is known for its range of loose herbal teas, bagged organic teas, and bulk herbs.
All their teas, herbal, black, green, white, or oolong, are of the finest quality and purest taste. To lock the delicious flavor and freshness, they wrap their tea bags in stay-fresh foil wrappers.
With Fruity Herbal Tea Six Flavor Assortment, they have given an opportunity for tea lovers like us to sip an assortment of flavors.
The assortment range contains six delicious fruity herbal teas – Lemon, Acai Berry, Wild Raspberry Hibiscus, Lemon Ginger, Mango Passionfruit, and Strawberry Pomegranate Red.
- Organic India Tea holds a great reputation for its organic, premium quality tea varieties. For many years, the brand has been the go-to for health-conscious tea lovers.
With organic certification from the USDA and Control Union, you can sip a cup every morning, knowing that it has no chemicals and added flavors.
Among a variety of flavors like homey-chamomile, ginger, tulsi, tulsi-ginger-turmeric and more, Tulsi Tea Classic deserves a special mention.
It is naturally caffeine-free, reduces stress, enhances stamina, and revitalizes your body and mind.
- If that’s not sounding awesome, it is full of antioxidants that give glowing skin and a healthy body.
- Also, you can reap weight loss benefits, too.
- An organically sourced Green tea.
- High-quality product from a top brand.
- The green tea leaves are picked from the lush mountainsides in China and are gently steamed to retain its flavor.
- All-natural and certified organic and Kosher.
- Organic tea in different flavors to choose from.
- A gourmet selection of 9 loose teas.
- There are ten servings of tea per can, and you can purchase a variety pack.
- Eco-friendly boxes that are great for gifts.
- Organic certified tea and flavors.
- A natural Herbal and d Chai tea available in different pack sizes.
- Bagged and easy to use with full leaf quality.
- Premium organically sourced tea leaves are used and blended with real fruits and ingredients.
- A caffeine-free delicious alternative.
- The sweet and spicy organic tea is a classic blend of flavors like cinnamon, lemongrass, and grapefruit.
- The pack contains eighteen tea bags of different flavors from peppermint to ginger to anise seed.
- There are many benefits of drinking this herbal tea and the most significant benefit is that it will boost your immune system.
- No artificial flavors or preservatives have been used in the making of this tea.
- It is gluten-free, decaffeinated, and will light up your taste buds with its mind-blowing taste.
- Organic India is known for its world-class herbal tea and this tulsi flavor will mesmerize you with its amazing taste.
- This herbal tea has plenty of health benefits for your physical and mental body.
- It increases your stamina, boosts the immune system, and is highly rich in antioxidants.
- The adaptogenic properties of this tea will help you rejuvenate instantly with its consumption.
- All the different flavors in this pack have different taste, smell, and look that will make your tea experience memorable.
- Taste the awesomeness of fresh herbal tea with this Traditional Medicinals organic tea.
- This delightful tea is purely organic and is made from high-quality herbs.
- The tea is highly efficient in stimulating the liver and providing healthy digestion.
- The pack comes with six different boxes that have sixteen tea bags each.
- It has a pleasant roasted taste that will open up all your taste buds in once.
- The IMoZai made organic tea has tea leaves that are handpicked from Anxi District of Fujian, China that is known for its tea making.
- It has a bright golden color and a mild flavor that provides a delicious taste to the drinker.
- The tea is semi-fermented from the best qualities of black and green tea leaves.
- This pack consists of a total of 100 tea bags in the package.
- It also contains caffeine in a small amount of 30-40mg to make the intensity of the tea a little powerful.
Index Table: Best Organic Tea Brands
|1||Traditional Medicinals Organic Hibiscus - Herbal Tea||Traditional Medicinals||98.6|
|2||Numi Numi’s Collection - Organic Tea||Numi||97|
|3||Rishi Chai Cоncеntratе - Turmеric Gingеr||Rishi||97|
|4||Stash Fruity - Herbal Tea||Stash||98|
|5||Organic India Organic - Tulsi Tea||Organic India||98|
|6||365 Everyday value - Organic Green Tea||365||97|
|7||Heavenly Tea Leaves Loose Leaf - Organic Tea||Heavenly Tea Leaves||97|
|8||Numi Organic - Organic Rooibos Tea||Numi||96|
|9||Good Earth Sweet & Spicy - Organic Tea||Good Earth||97|
|10||Organic India Tulsi Herbal - Best Organic Tea||Organic India||98|
|11||Traditional Medicinals Dandelion Root - Herbal and Organic Tea||Traditional Medicinals||96|
|12||IMoZai Refreshing - Best Organic Tea||IMoZai||96|
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Organic Tea
- Pesticides in Regular Tea Brands
- How Will You Know If Your Tea Is Safe?
- Reviews: Best Organic Tea Brands
- Traditional Medicinals® Organic Hibiscus Herbal Tea
- Numi® Numi’s Collection Organic Tea
- Rishi® Chai Cоncеntratе Turmеric Gingеr
- Stash® Fruity Herbal Tea
- Organic India® Organic Tulsi Tea
- 365® Everyday value Organic Green Tea
- Heavenly Tea Leaves® Loose Leaf Organic Tea
- Numi® Organic Organic Rooibos Tea
- Good Earth® Sweet & Spicy Organic Tea
- Organic India® Tulsi Herbal Best Organic Tea
- Traditional Medicinals® Dandelion Root Herbal and Organic Tea
- IMoZai® Refreshing Best Organic Tea
- Index Table: Best Organic Tea Brands