Organic coconut water seems to be all the rage in health stores and at the gym nowadays, but what makes it so healthy for us?
This page endeavors to find out more about organic coconut water – how does it benefit us, does pulp make a difference and what exactly is in it that makes it such great sports drink?
Find out more below and order yours online today!
What Makes Coconut Water Healthier Than Other Sports Drinks?
Coconut water comes with a whole host of health benefits and has been marketed as “mother nature’s sports drink” by many athletes and celebrities for the following reasons and more!
- Electrolytes – Organic coconut water is great for rehydration as it contains five key electrolytes: sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. Electrolytes are charged particles that play an important part in just about all bodily functions, including nerve impulses and muscle flexes. When we are dehydrated, we are usually depleted of electrolytes too, which gives us a headache and can make us feel quite weak.
- Potassium – The potassium levels of coconut water are particularly impressive, containing more of this nutrient than a banana or than 15 sports drinks! Potassium is great for maintaining healthy muscle function and prevents cramping.
- Very Few Calories – Many have found organic coconut water to be highly beneficial when attempting weight loss as coconut water has very few calories when compared to other drinks.
What’s the Difference Between Coconut Water With or Without Pulp?
Coconut water with the pulp borders on being called coconut milk and is a lot more saturated in healthy fats, minerals, vitamins, and nutrients.
Some of the vitamins and nutrients include a whole host of B vitamins, which is ideal for a developing brain and healthy nerve endings.
Coconut pulp is also a rich source of vitamin E and vitamin C, which can aid in protecting your body from free radicals, stress, and metabolic problems.
Coconut flesh is also full of medium-chain fatty acids, which can support your metabolism. However, a small serving is loaded with calories and is not recommended for those with heart problems.
Coconut water, on the other hand, has less than 1% coconut pulp. It contains a smaller portion of the above-mentioned nutrients and rather has a concentrated amount of potassium and other electrolytes (or trace minerals, like calcium, magnesium, phosphate, and phosphorus).
Coconut water without pulp is the better choice if you have just been severely dehydrated after a strenuous exercise routine. If you want to include a rich source of nutrition back into your diet, coconut water with added pulp will do better for you!
5 Compounds Found In Excellent Coconut Water & Their Benefits
Here is a brief look at five compounds found in coconut water and what they do in your body:
- Selenium – Selenium is a potent nutrient that protects your heart. Selenium increases blood flow, decreases inflammation, as well as protects tissues in the body from free radical stress.
- Magnesium – Magnesium is essential for removing buildup of lactic acid and calcium from stiff and sore tissues. If you feel as though your muscles are sore and massaging them isn’t working, try drinking some coconut water! Magnesium sprays or an Epson salts bath can also aid your muscle pain quite a lot.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is a master anti-oxidant, working in multiple processes all over our bodies. It’s’s also one vitamin our bodies do not make ourselves, and many people are deficient in it. Vitamin C boosts our metabolism and can be used to lower sugar intake as it uses the same metabolic pathways as insulin in the body (i.e., having vitamin C will feel like having a sugar rush without eating any sugar).
- Copper – Copper is another essential trace nutrient our bodies need to function optimally. All your organs require copper to work optimally, particularly your metabolic organs. Coconut water can replenish your stores of copper, containing 11you’re your daily intake.
- Cytokins – Cytokines are a group of natural compounds found in many fruits and vegetables. They are also found in decent quantities in coconut water and have been scientifically proven to reverse tumor growth and prevent the onset of cancer.
Reviews: The Best Organic Coconut Water
A premium list of some of the best online organic coconut water available for your post workout consumption.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Full of natural flavor, Bai incorporates the pure feel of hiking up the Andes mountains inside this unique beverage.
- The best organic tropical coconuts were selected for this energy drink and sweetened with all-natural stevia powder.
- The natural lime flavor makes it delicious, backed up with a plethora of antioxidants that will boost your energy levels and make you feel great.
- This is the perfect way to rehydrate yourself after spending time in the sun or exercising for more than an hour.
- Bai solves the problem for all those that want to drink coconut water, but that does not enjoy the natural flavor – your new all-natural energy drink needn’t be a compromise now!
- This coconut water exhibits all the love of family selected coconuts from some of the purest farm regions in Thailand.
- Only coconuts used from pure organic farm grounds in Thailand have been selected, reflecting the purity of the product.
- Young fresh coconuts have been chosen for optimal nutritional content and deliciously sweet flavor.
- This organic coconut water has been packaged in glass and is free from additives or BPA.
- The coconut water is not concentrated, poured straight from organic coconuts with added pulp for extra vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants!
- Coco Libre makes their coconut water from a top selection of all organic GMO-free Philipines coconuts, imbibing the pure taste of the tropics.
- 100% cholesterol-free, this coconut water is perfect for all, including those watching their weight, calorie intake, or who have heart diseases.
- This coconut water supports just over 300 organic farmers in the Philipines, as well as their families and communities.
- This organic coconut water is rich in potassium for optimal electrolyte balance, relieving dehydration, and muscle restoration.
- Made in the US from imported organic coconut water, which is then concentrated to give you the most nutritional value possible.
- Naked Juice imbibes the philosophy that if one drinks good and does good, one will feel good, and that’s what this coconut water aims to achieve.
- This pure organic coconut water comes from a premium blend of GMO-free coconuts from all up and down the tropics.
- There is no added sugar, preservative, chemicals, stabilizers, enhancers, or allergens to this coconut water – it is 100% pure!
- Replenish your electrolyte balance after a thorough workout or simply after spending lots of time in the summer heat.
- Certified USDA organic as well as GMO-free for the best possible health benefits.
- Taste Nirvana take pride in their pure Thai coconut water which is not derived from a concentrate – each bottle is poured straight from a coconut!
- The organic coconuts used for this are grown infamous Thailand areas, renowned for fertility as well as the best-tasting coconuts.
- Only the sweetest, juiciest, young coconuts were selected for use to create this coconut water, making it rich in nutrients and low on calories.
- Shake well before drinking yours to get an even blend of the minimal coconut pulp and enjoy it the way mother nature intended.
- This product is packaged in glass for your benefit and is 100% recyclable.
- Mojo is a trusted and well-known brand used by many.
- It is pure and all-natural plant-based coconut water.
- Organically sourced coconuts are used.
- Never anything from concentrates just pure.
- It comes in a set of 24 water bottles.
- Pure and Raw Coconut Powder.
- The Coconut powder has a longer shelf life and easily dissolves in water.
- Unsweetened with electrolytes for real hydration.
- All-natural and organic ingredients only.
- A pure and organic Coconut Water made from natural and organically grown coconuts.
- No other ingredients.
- It is infused with pineapple flavors from natural pineapples.
- Added Turmeric helps with joint aches and other health issues.
- Coconut Water kefir is a probiotic with additional qualities such as Organic, unsweetened, Vegan, Non-GMO, Soy-free, Dairy-free, and Gluten-free.
- This fermented coconut water is a vegan alternative to dairy kefir.
- It is lower in sugar and has a higher probiotic count.
- This contains 15-30 billion CFUs per 2Oz.
- It is advised to keep it refrigerated.
- This frozen young coconut water is extracted hours after harvest.
- It is sourced from Organic “Nam Hom” coconuts in Thailand.
- Copra Inc. coconut water is 100% pure, single source and free of any concentrate, preservatives, or added sugar.
- It comes with a 90-day refrigerated shelf life unopened and needs to be consumed within seven days after opening.
- It is shipped and stored frozen to retain maximum taste and nutrition.
- It comes with a delicious taste that takes you right to tropical areas.
- This coconut water provides natural hydration and leaves you feeling refreshed.
- It is jam-packed with vitamins, nutrients, and electrolytes (including more potassium than a banana).
- It can be taken before a workout, with a meal, as an afternoon picked me up or after a night put.
- The Vita Coco is fat-free, gluten-free, and Non-GMO verified, with only 60 calories per bottle.
- This 100% organic coconut water is rich in Vitamin C.
- It is an antioxidant low-calorie drink, sourced from the finest organic Dominican coconut water.
- OCO agua de coco is a hydrating electrolyte drink and contains electrolytes.
- It is sugar-free, Non-GMO, and Gluten-free.
- The coconut water is perishable, ships cold, and advised to refrigerate after opening.
Comparison Table: Top Organic Coconut Water
Table of Contents
- What Makes Coconut Water Healthier Than Other Sports Drinks?
- What’s the Difference Between Coconut Water With or Without Pulp?
- 5 Compounds Found In Excellent Coconut Water & Their Benefits
- Reviews: The Best Organic Coconut Water
- Bai® Organic Coconut Water Infusion Ultimate Antioxidant Coconut Water Drink
- Taste Nirvana® Pure Organic Coconut Water Premium Organic Coconut Water With Pulp
- Coco Libre® GMO Free Coconut Water Pure Organic GMO-free Coconut Water
- Naked Juice® Potassium Boost Coconut Water Pure Organic Tropical Coconut Water
- Taste Nirvana® Organic Coconut Water Superior Thai Organic Coconut Water
- Mojo® 24 Pack Organic Coconut Water
- Powbab® Powder Organic Coconut Water Powder
- Pure Planet® Water Organic Coconut Water
- thirty-two degrees® Raw Organic Coconut Water Kefir
- Copra Inc® Frozen Organic Young Thai Coconut Water
- Vita Coco® Pure Organic Pure Coconut Water
- OCO agua de coco® Hydrating Organic Coconut Water
- Comparison Table: Top Organic Coconut Water