If you are a green tea person like us, you should know a little more about Organic Vs. Non-Organic Green Tea. What are the benefits? How is green tea sourced? How to choose the best green tea brands?
To help guide you toward choosing the best organic green tea, we’ve rounded up the best organic green tea brands below.
Organic Vs Non-Organic Green Tea
Harmful chemicals, unsanitary tea fields, and unsafe harvesting and processing are the bitter reality of many tea plantations. Studies show that regular consumption of pesticide-contaminated tea does more harm than good.
So, naturally shifting to ‘organic’ is a safe and wise decision. You may be wondering, “what does ‘certified organic’ means in the case of green tea?” It means the green tea brand has met all standards for safety and Eco-friendliness.
Plus, it also means that no pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers are utilized while growing, harvesting, or processing the leaves.
Additionally, it also ensures the nutrient profile of soil remains intact.
Health Benefits of Organic Green Tea
Processed from the leaves of Camellia Sinensis, organic green tea is loaded with Catechin Polyphenols, which contribute to its bitter taste and astringency. Examples: Catechin, Epicatechin, Epicatechin Gallate (ECG), Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), and Proanthocyanidins.
- Acts as an immune-booster: Organic green tea boosts immunity against a large number disease including cancer, heart problems, cardiovascular diseases, high cholesterol levels, rheumatoid arthritis and more.
Organic green tea for weight loss: Green tea has zero calories. It aids in weight management by increasing metabolism.
Improves your brain function: Natural green tea is good for enhancing cognition. It also enhances levels of dopamine and norepinephrine in your brain. In addition, L-theanine is said to have anti-anxiety effects in humans.
Good for Type 2 Diabetes: It is a good drink for diabetic patients as it aids in reducing blood sugar levels.
An elixir for your skin: Due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities, green tea fights off signs of aging.
Tips For Choosing The Best Brand
- Antioxidant content: Depending on the brand you choose, Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) content differs. Some studies, in fact, showed that loose leaf tea contains more EGCG.
No added sugars: You could see added sugar in some iced green tea brands. If your aim is to cut down the sugar intake, you are wasting money on such green tea brands.
Freshness: Shelf life is very much important because green tea doesn’t stay fresh for longer than six months.
First harvest tea is the best: Another factor that affects the quality of the green tea. The highest quality comes from the leaves that are picked between March and April.
Organic label: Well, this is obvious!
Reviews: Best Organic Green Tea
- For an authentic, USDA-Certified Organic sipping experience, look no further than Numi Organic tea. A certified B Corp, this green tea is pocket-friendly, eco-friendly, and health-friendly.
- Smooth and bold, a healthy cup of Numi Organic tea is flavorful, too – thanks to its unique, organic sencha and the flavors of toasted rice.
- If you don’t prefer the nutty, savory Matcha Toasted Rice Sencha flavor, you could also try their black, green, white, rooibos, herbal, and turmeric teas as well.
- With loads of bioflavonoids, this is a great alternative to coffee or soda.
- Vegan green tea is free of carbon and gluten. Plus, it is halal, kosher, USDA certified organic, and non-GMO verified.
- Perfect for an evening revival after a tiring day at work! Grown in the Himalayas, these tea leaves are full of antioxidants and flavonoids. It also has fewer caffeine content.
- Loose-Leaf green tea is 100% pure. Sourced complying all the fair-trade standards, it is handpicked and shipped within 24-72 hours of production.
- It has no added ingredients or flavors. In the vacuum-sealed bag, you’ll get only the pure leaf—total servings per bag – 50 cups.
- Relax, even more, knowing that you are supporting the education of Vahdam Tea’s employers. Yes, 1% of its revenue goes for children’s education.
- For those looking to indulge in authentic Japanese Matcha flavor without having to dig into chemicals or pesticides!
- Sourced directly from organic farms in Uji, Japan, the Matcha leaves are shade-grown for up to 4 weeks, carefully handpicked, and stone-ground into a powder.
- It comes in airtight packets to prevent oxidation. The ground Matcha green tea powder is 100% USDA Organic with zero added flavor, chemicals, and gluten. It is vegan-friendly, too.
- Rich in antioxidants and natural caffeine, it effectively boosts metabolism and aids your weight loss journey.
- You could also add this to smoothies, baking mixes, or lattes for a quick ‘pick-me-up.’
- For those looking for a fresh and flavorful cup, turn to this organic tea blend infused with lemon and honey.
- The citrusy lemon and sweet honey not only add a flavorful punch but doubles your metabolism.
- It has 1/4th of the caffeine content of one cup of coffee, making it a healthy, nutritious replacement for your morning/evening coffee.
- It may look expensive but know this: it is gluten-free, sugar-free, carb-free, and has zero calories. Plus, you can seep 250 cups from one packet.
- To unleash the antioxidants and lovely flavors, steep the tea bag in hot water for 1 to 3 minutes. Drink it hot, cooled down, or over ice.
- Oriarm Jasmine Green Tea Maofeng from Emei Mountain – a World Natural and Cultural Heritage site is exactly what we’re looking to stock up every time.
- A perfect blend of Mao Feng tea and jasmine flowers, it is refreshingly sweet, nutritious, and tasty.
- In fact, it boosts immunity, prevent skin allergies, and eliminate tooth decay. All thanks to its polyphenol content and less caffeine.
- When consumed regularly, it boosts metabolism, helps to stay active and alert, and also relaxes your body and mind.
- Optimum serving size: 3 grams (about 0.1 oz) for every 150 ml (approx. 5.3oz) water with a temperature of around 80℃ (176℉).
- This organic green tea is USDA Certified Organic.
- It is a non-GMO project verified.
- It is fair trade certified.
- It is mellow, but still the most refreshing green tea you would have had.
- Traditional Medicinals lemongrass green tea is mildly tannic with refreshing lemony notes.
- This organic tea is nutritious and delicious att he same time.
- It comes in a 16oz tin pack, which is rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, amino acids, and flavor.
- It is 100% USDA certified organic and lab-tested for lead and other harmful chemicals.
- Matcha DNA organic green tea provides a 100% money-back guarantee to the unsatisfied costumers.
- This organic green tea provides taste and nutirtion at the same time with requirted antiorxidants and minerals.
- It can be used as a hot tea or ice-tea.
- It always comes in the form of individually wrapped foil pouches full of flavor, freshness, and aroma.
- It is 100% gluten-free, calorie-free, and Kosher certified.
- Bigelow Tea is a leading tea brand since 1945.
- This loose grean tea is one of the best-selling highest quality green tea for grean tea lovers.
- It provides great taste and aroma, which provides freshness and lifts you and your mood up.
- It keeps you warm in winter and boosts your energy in summer.
- It stimulates brain activity through caffeine.
- Tealyra organic green tea makes a great gift option for your tea-loving friends, colleagues, relatives, and neighbors.
- Choice Organic Teas Premium Japanese Green tea imparts a clean flavor profile with sweet, grassy notes and a savory sea vegetable aroma.
- There is approximately 35 mg of caffeine per tea bag.
- This product is USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- The compostable tea bags are made with unbleached, natural fibers.
- Each tea bag comes in an individually labeled paper envelope, whereas, the carton is 100% recycled, made with 65% post-consumer content.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Green Tea
|1||Numi Organic Tea Organic - Matcha Green Tea||Numi Organic Tea||98.7|
|2||VAHDAM 100% Natural - Himalayan Green Tea||VAHDAM||98.2|
|3||Jade Leaf Matcha All Natural - Japanese Matcha||Jade Leaf Matcha||97.6|
|4||The Republic of Tea Organic - Green Tea With Honey Lemon||The Republic of Tea||97.1|
|5||Oriarm Natural - Jasmine Green Tea||Oriarm||96.7|
|6||Traditional Medicinals Herbal Supplement - Organic Green Tea with Lemongrass||Traditional Medicinals||95.4|
|7||Matcha DNA Matcha Tea - Certified Organic Green Tea||Matcha DNA||94.8|
|8||Bigelow Tea Classic - Caffeinated Organic Green Tea||Bigelow Tea||94.1|
|9||Tealyra Dragon Pearls - Organic Jasmine Green Tea||Tealyra||93.7|
|10||Choice Organic Teas Japanese - Premium Green Tea||Choice Organic Teas||93.4|
Table of Contents
- Organic Vs Non-Organic Green Tea
- Health Benefits of Organic Green Tea
- Tips For Choosing The Best Brand
- Reviews: Best Organic Green Tea
- Numi Organic Tea® Organic Matcha Green Tea
- VAHDAM® 100% Natural Himalayan Green Tea
- Jade Leaf Matcha® All Natural Japanese Matcha
- The Republic of Tea® Organic Green Tea With Honey Lemon
- Oriarm® Natural Jasmine Green Tea
- Traditional Medicinals® Herbal Supplement Organic Green Tea with Lemongrass
- Matcha DNA® Matcha Tea Certified Organic Green Tea
- Bigelow Tea® Classic Caffeinated Organic Green Tea
- Tealyra® Dragon Pearls Organic Jasmine Green Tea
- Choice Organic Teas® Japanese Premium Green Tea
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Green Tea