Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
If you consider that towels are one of those things that don’t need to be organic, then think twice.
With so many benefits that come alongside an organic lifestyle, using organic towels is one of the best things you can do for the planet and your health.
Please keep reading to find out why you should use them.
What are Organic Towels?
These towels are made with natural fibers and are not treated with chemicals or preservatives during the manufacturing process.
Normally regular towels are full of preservatives, fragrances, and stabilizers that dry out your skin and are not the best option for people with eczema or other skin conditions.
Fabrics that are Used on Organic Towels
- Bamboo – This is a flowering plant of the subfamily Bambu Soideae and is one of the fastest-growing plants globally. The bamboo that is used to produce the fabrics doesn’t require pesticides to grow. Bamboo is one of the most sustainable plants because it proliferates and doesn’t need chemicals or irrigation. It has antibacterial properties.
- Organic Cotton – This type of cotton grows on a method that doesn’t involve the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, and toxic chemicals. This fabric is also used in making organic yoga clothes.
- Hemp Fabric – This type of fabric is made from the fibers of the stalks of the Cannabis Sativa plant. It has a similar texture to cotton and is highly resistant to pilling. It feels soft but also lasts long. Its fibers are resistant and don’t degrade even after several washes.
- Flax Linen – It comes from the flax fibers. It can absorb water and release it easily. It becomes softer with every wash, and it is very durable and strong. It dries faster than cotton.
- Jute Fabric – This textile comes from a long, shiny vegetable that can be spun into coarse, strong threads. It is very versatile can mimic other fabrics like cotton or silk. It can be grown without the use of chemicals or synthetic fertilizers. It is inexpensive to grow and has a soft texture.
- Organic Wool – This type of fabric comes from a sheep that hasn’t been raised with toxins or harmful chemicals.
Benefits of Using Organic Towels
- Last Longer – Organic fabrics are very durable and last way longer than regular ones, which is beneficial for the environment and your budget.
- Safer to Use – Regular towels contain harmful chemicals, fragrances, and stabilizers that may trigger allergic reactions and are not recommended for people with sensitive skin or conditions like eczema. They also may irritate your skin and make it feel drier. Organic fabrics are very gentle on your skin and leave it soft and moist. Organic towels are hypoallergenic and won’t cause any allergic reactions.
- It is Better for the Environment – Organic farming emits way less CO2 than non-organic one. They are sustainable products that last a long, so you’ll be throwing them away less often, and you can recycle them once you can’t use them as a towel anymore. The lack of pesticides and other harmful chemicals results in better soil quality and reduced pollution from fertilizer.
- Absorb Better – One of the features that we are always looking at on a good towel is that it absorbs water well, and organic fabric like bamboo can absorb water four times better than water, and they also dry out very quickly.
- The Texture is Soft – When you think of the bamboo fabric, you may believe that it has a hard texture, but in fact, they are pretty soft and even become softer with every wash, like in the case of flax linen.
- Great Material – Organic towels are solid and do not degrade after washes, there is no need to use fabric softener, and they don’t wrinkle.
- Has Antibacterial Properties – Certain types of fabric like bamboo have antibacterial properties. In bamboo, it is thanks to an antimicrobial bio-agent called “bamboo Kun” which makes it an antibacterial, antifungal, and odor resistant fiber.
- There are Different Styles and Colors Available – Does organic has to mean boring? No way! Organic towels come in different shapes, colors, and styles, so you have a wide variety of options to choose from.
Reviews: Best Organic Towels
Reviewed down below are the best organic Towels for your use.
- This towel is made of 100% genuine Turkish high-quality cotton.
- The organic towels are imported from Denizli, Turkey.
- These hotel bath towels are super absorbent and soft to the touch.
- They are vat-dyed for more than 8 hours to ensure the bright white color.
- The soft and fluffy towels come with double-stitched hems for extra durability.
Magnolia Organics® Natural Organic Bath Towel
- The towels are made with 550 GSM organic terry cloth.
- These towels are soft to the touch and highly absorbent.
- The natural organic towels are prepared with high-quality stitching.
- It is made with certified organic cotton, which is grown without the use of pesticides and herbicides.
- This item is machine washable.
- It is prepared with heavy metal and Azo-free dyes and fair labor spinning, milling, sewing, and packaging.
Made Here® Luxury 100% Organic Towel
- This towel is made in the USA with 100% organic cotton.
- Each package contains a set of 2 luxury bath towels.
- The towel is prepared with two-ply combed cotton.
- It offers increases absorbency, durability and is ultra-soft to the touch.
Pinzon by Amazon® Sheet Organic Bath Sheet Towel
- The imported towels are made of 100% pure organic cotton.
- Each pack contains a set of 2 plush and soft bath sheet towels.
- These towels are GOTS certified.
- It is made with 700 GSM for a thicker and heavier feel and offers excellent absorbency.
- Organic bath sheet towels are made in India.
Portico® Slub Organic Slub Bath Towel
- The slub bath towels are made with 100% certified GOTS organic cotton.
- The imported towels come in a large size with dimensions 30″W x 54″L.
- These towels are suitable for machine wash with similar colors in a gentle cycle.
TexereSilk® Textured Organic Cotton Bath Towels
- This bath towel is made with certified 100% organic Cotton terry with 700 GSM.
- The imported towels are textured and stylish.
- It comes with a beautiful diamond pattern and ribber hemmed edges with a diagonal twill weave.
- The towels are free of any harmful chemicals and are non-toxic.
- These towels are soft to the touch, highly absorbent, and suitable for machine wash.
Madison Park® Seafoam Organic Towel Set
- This towel set is made with organic Cotton.
- The Madison Park towel set brings an all-natural, modern style to your bathroom décor.
- These 650 GSM towels are exceptionally thick and soft, creating the perfect spa-like look and feel.
- The Organic 6 Piece Cotton Towel Set is highly absorbent.
- This set includes 2 Bath Towels, 2 Hand Towels, 2 Wash Towels.
- These towels are machine washable.
Tia & Fey® Face Cloth Organic Bamboo Towels
- These organic towels are made from 100% bamboo fiber.
- These skin-soothing face washcloths feel softer and plusher than cotton and offer the perfect combination of softness and strength.
- Bamboo Washcloths are more absorbent than cotton and are designed to provide maximum absorbency and ensure quick drying.
- These hand towels are the perfect small-sized 10″x10″ can be used as a makeup remover, baby washcloths, and face towel to keep in the bathroom or any place where a larger size towel is unnecessary.
Welhome® Hudson Organic Cotton Bath Towel Set
- These towels are made from 100% Organic Cotton.
- The imported towel set includes two bath towels (30″ x 54″), two hand towels (16″ x 30″), and two washcloths (13″ x 13″).
- Towel density is 651 grams per square meter (GSM), and the weight of a towel is a great indicator of quality and performance. This 651 GSM-density towel will soak up water fast for noticeable absorbency.
- It is woven with 100% Organic Cotton to be softer than traditional cotton.
- These towels are specially loomed with the finest Organic fibers, making these luxe towels the ultimate loft and performance.
Elite Home® 100% Organic Cotton Towel
- This is a 100% Certified Organic Cotton.
- This 6 Piece Set comes with two washcloths, two hand towels, and two bath towels.
- Elite Homes towels are extra-soft, highly absorbent towels.
- The bath towels are 30×54″, the hand towels are 16×28,” and the washcloth size is 13×13″.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Towels
|1||SALBAKOS Turkish - Organic Hotel Bath Towel||SALBAKOS||99.1|
|2||Magnolia Organics Natural - Organic Bath Towel||Magnolia Organics||98.7|
|3||Made Here Luxury - 100% Organic Towel||Made Here||98.4|
|4||Pinzon by Amazon Sheet - Organic Bath Sheet Towel||Pinzon by Amazon||98.1|
|5||Portico Slub - Organic Slub Bath Towel||Portico||97.6|
|6||TexereSilk Textured - Organic Cotton Bath Towels||TexereSilk||97.3|
|7||Madison Park Seafoam - Organic Towel Set||Madison Park||97.9|
|8||Tia & Fey Face Cloth - Organic Bamboo Towels||Tia & Fey||97.4|
|9||Welhome Hudson - Organic Cotton Bath Towel Set||Welhome||97.1|
|10||Elite Home 100% - Organic Cotton Towel||Elite Home||96.5|
Table of Contents
- What are Organic Towels?
- Fabrics that are Used on Organic Towels
- Benefits of Using Organic Towels
- Reviews: Best Organic Towels
- SALBAKOS® Turkish Organic Hotel Bath Towel
- Magnolia Organics® Natural Organic Bath Towel
- Made Here® Luxury 100% Organic Towel
- Pinzon by Amazon® Sheet Organic Bath Sheet Towel
- Portico® Slub Organic Slub Bath Towel
- TexereSilk® Textured Organic Cotton Bath Towels
- Madison Park® Seafoam Organic Towel Set
- Tia & Fey® Face Cloth Organic Bamboo Towels
- Welhome® Hudson Organic Cotton Bath Towel Set
- Elite Home® 100% Organic Cotton Towel
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Towels