Yoga is a combination of Physical, Mental, and Spiritual practices or disciplines that originated in South Asia thousands of years ago. In the modern world, Yoga is a popular form of exercise and is done to keep the mind and body healthy.
Yoga Mats are an essential part of the full Yoga experience. They provide stability to the joints and cushion the feet and body while helping to balance in every kind of Yoga pose.
To find out why Organic Yoga mats are essential, what to look for in an Organic Yoga Mat, and the Best Organic Yoga Mats available, keep reading!
Health Benefits of Yoga
- Decreases Stress and Anxiety – Most types of Yoga involve meditation and focused breathing. This is known to ease stress, promote relaxation, and lower anxiety levels.
- Improves Heart Health – Yoga lowers the Blood Pressure and slows down the heart rate. This can be beneficial to people who suffer from High Blood Pressure and Heart disease or have had a stroke.
- Provides Breathing Benefits – Yoga involves paying attention to breathing and controlling the breathing using techniques and exercises. It promotes mindful breathing.
- Improves Flexibility and Balance – Most Yoga poses work by stretching the muscles. By making Yoga a part of your regular routine, you can improve muscle tone and flexibility.
Benefits of Organic Yoga Mats
Non-Toxic Yoga Mats are the better option for many reasons. Some of the reasons are explained below.
- Eco-friendly – Organic Yoga Mats are Recyclable, sustainable, and Bio-degradable, which makes them Eco-friendly.
- Free of PVC – Organic Yoga Mats are free of PVC. PVC has major Health and Environmental impacts. It is non-recyclable and has been known to leak chlorides and carcinogens in soil and air within landfills.
- Offer Improved Performance – Organic Yoga Mats are mostly made from Natural Rubber, Cork, or Jute. All of these materials offer better grip and stability.
What to Look for When Buying Organic Yoga Mats
- Must be Environment-Friendly – Organic Yoga Mats must be Environment-friendly and made of Bio-Degradable materials. It is also better to find a Yoga Mat that is completely free of Single-use Plastic.
- Offer Grip and Stability – It must offer a firm grip and provide stability to the joints while doing any Yoga exercises.
- Must have an Appropriate Thickness – It must be appropriately thick to provide cushion and comfort while still being lightweight enough to carry around easily.
- Slip-free Surface and Bottom Texture – It must have a SLip-free texture for a good Yoga experience. It must be sticky enough on the bottom and provide traction, so there is no risk of falling.
Reviews: Best Organic Yoga Mats
The below list consists of the Best Organic Yoga Mats available.
- Ajna Wellbeing’s Natural Jute Mats are 100% Biodegradeable and made from premium Organic Natural Fibers. It is safe and sustainable and repels sweat stains and smells. It also does not stretch or slide.
- It uniquely combines Organic Jute and PER, making it functional and comfortable while providing support to knees and joints.
- It is lightweight and contains a carry strap, which makes it easier to transport.
- It is free of harmful chemicals, BPA, 6P Phthalate, latex, and other heavy metals. Instead, it is Sustainable, Recyclable, and Biodegradable.
- It is suitable for all kinds of Yoga, Stretching, Pilates, Exercise classes, or just relaxing.
- This mat has a sweatproof surface which makes it completely slip-resistant. Infact, the grip of the Cork yoga mat increases when its moist.
- It is made of recyclable TPE, giving it a soft elastic underside with strong traction. The surface is made of natural cork. It does not contain any PVC, latex, or plasticizers.
- It is self-cleaning and odor repellant.
- It is really light and easy to transport.
- It is made of Natural Rubber and specially engineered Eco-Polyurethane. It is Non-Slip.
- It is designed using “AlignForMe,” a Body Alignment System which helps you focus and adjust your hands and feet to the accurate position to keep the body properly aligned and provides the best foundation for a workout.
- It is PVC-free and Biodegradable in 1-5 years in normal landfill conditions.
- It is made using high-quality non-toxic materials that keep the mat Clean and Hygienic.
- It is available in extra-large size (72.8″) with a 4.2mm thickness for a comfortable and stable experience, while still being lightweight.
- It also comes with an exclusive Liforme Yoga Mat Bag.
- This Jade mat, made of natural rubbers, provides superior traction and more cushion than any synthetic rubber made mats.
- It is 3/16″ thick and provides excellent stability for any activity and pose.
- It is made using Sustainable, High-quality materials.
- It is a 71″ x 24″Yoga Mat that brings cushioning and comfort.
- It provides support, protects the joints, and offers dense Cushion.
- It has a closed-cell surface, which prevents absorption and does not allow bacteria to breed inside.
- It is guaranteed not to peel, flake, or fade.
- It has been created via Emission-free manufacturing and is Latex and toxicity free.
- It has a proprietary dot pattern at the bottom, which prevents it from sliding.
- It is perfect, All-natural surface to pratice on.
- It is naturally Odor-free and inhibits the growth of bacterias.
- It is Eco-friendly and made by removing the bark of the Cork Oak tree, which makes it release more O2 in the atmosphere.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Yoga Mats
|1||Ajna Eco Organic Yoga Mat - Natural Jute Yoga Mats, 72 Inch, 5mm||Ajna||98.9|
|2||Lotuscrafts Cork Yoga Mat - Eco Friendly Non-Slip Yoga Mat||Lotuscrafts||98.2|
|3||Liforme Original Yoga Mat - The World's Best Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat||Liforme||97.5|
|4||Jade Yoga Harmony Yoga Mat - Made of Natural Rubber||Jade Yoga||96.9|
|5||Manduka PROlite Yoga Mat - Eco-Friendly, High-Performance Yoga Mat||Manduka||95.7|
|6||Urbivore Cork Yoga Mat - Best Non-Slip Yoga Mat||Urbivore||95.1|
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Yoga
- Benefits of Organic Yoga Mats
- What to Look for When Buying Organic Yoga Mats
- Reviews: Best Organic Yoga Mats
- Ajna® Eco Organic Yoga Mat Natural Jute Yoga Mats, 72 Inch, 5mm
- Lotuscrafts® Cork Yoga Mat Eco Friendly Non-Slip Yoga Mat
- Liforme® Original Yoga Mat The World's Best Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat
- Jade Yoga® Harmony Yoga Mat Made of Natural Rubber
- Manduka® PROlite Yoga Mat Eco-Friendly, High-Performance Yoga Mat
- Urbivore® Cork Yoga Mat Best Non-Slip Yoga Mat
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Yoga Mats