Dogs are man’s best friend. Therefore, we should treat them as such and provide them with as much love and care as we can.
Having a dog bed is very important to your dog, as it can be a safe space for them. Dogs’ beds come in different shapes, sizes and fulfill specific requirements.
Read on to find out all there is to know about Dog Beds and the Best Organic Dog Beds available.
Why a Dog Bed is Important
- Provides a Safe Space – Dog beds are the one place that belongs solely to the dog. It is a place of safety and comfort and offers them privacy.
- Offers warmth – Sleeping on the floor can expose your dog to all kinds of temperatures. That may prove to be harmful, especially during the winter. A dog bed helps immensely in this regard.
- Keeps Them Comfortable – Dogs, like everyone else, try to find the most comfortable position to sleep in. For this reason, they may get used to unhealthy postures, trying to get comfortable on the hard floor, which can lead to health problems and sleep deprivation. Dog beds solve this problem.
- Prevents Injury – Dogs, specifically small dogs, spend years jumping onto sofas or beds. This puts them at risk of injuring themselves. Having their bed on the floor takes away the need to jump on other soft places.
- Provides Cushion – Obese or Old dogs get to the point where their bone structure becomes weak and unable to support their weight. Having a bed that provides cushioning can give immense relief to your pet.
Types of Dog Beds
- Mats – Mats are inexpensive, readily available and easily fit in crates. They are the easiest way to make a dog bed.
- Snuggle Beds – Snuggle beds are like beanbag chairs and provide a snuggle-like feel to the dog. They are usually preferred by smaller dogs who love curling up.
- Donut-Shape Beds – Donut-Shape beds come in the shape of circular bolsters and have a removable pillow in the center. Large dogs usually prefer this kind of bed.
- Orthopedic Beds – These types of beds are most suitable for old or obese dogs. They offer support to old joints. They are usually made from medical-grade foam.
- Heated Beds – Heated beds are optimal for cold winter months as they help maintain body warmth. This quality can also be beneficial for dogs that get cold easily or have joint problems like arthritis, which flares up in the cold.
How to Choose the Best Dog Bed
Some of the most important things to keep in mind before buying a dog bed are discussed below.
- Good Fit – The pet bed needs to fit all your pets’ requirements. The weight and size of your dog need to be considered, as well as weather conditions.
- Environment-Friendly – What’s better than keeping your dog happy and saving the environment at the same time? Choosing Organic, Eco-friendly dog beds is the best option for everyone.
- Maintenance and Upkeep – The dog beds must be easy to wash and clean.
Reviews: Best Organic Dog Beds
Reviewed down below are some of the best Organic Dog Beds for your buying consideration.
- NaturoPets’ bed is made of 100% natural virgin Wool and Organic Cotton. It is breathable, repels moisture, and helps your pet regulate their body heat.
- The handcrafted product provides unmatched natural comfort to your pet. The sustainable organic cotton covers are incredibly soft and soothing for your pet’s skin.
- This bed is durable and chew-resistant.
- The elevated dog bed offers comfort to aging pets, helps relieve tension and pressure points, cushions the body, and provides orthopedic support.
- It is available in 3 sizes and can support pet weight up to 120 lbs.
- The pet bed comes with two easily inner and outer organic cotton covers. The outer cover can be unzipped and is suitable for machine wash.
- This LIFEKIND organic dog bed is an eco-friendly alternative to synthetic dog beds.
- The filling of the pet bed is GOTS-certified organic Cotton and Natural Buckwheat Hulls. Both of these materials are sewn into separate chambers inside the mattress.
- It comes with a removable and washable cover made of color-grown Certified organic Cotton. (color may vary)
- All Lifekind products are free of hazardous chemicals or toxins.
- The pet bed comes with a faux-sherpa cushion made of luxurious Polyester fleece. It keeps your pet warm in winter and cold on hot summer days since it is breathable but cozy.
- This long-lasting premium donut shape bed has thick cotton walls that maintain its shape. The bottom of the bed is non-skid, which prevents sliding.
- It also comes with a side pocket for small pet toys.
- It is easy to use and clean since it is suitable for machine wash or spot cleaning with a damp sponge.
- The dimensions of the pet bed are 18 “x18″ x4.7” approx.
- This product is 100% organic and the best choice for your pet and the environment.
- These pet beds are made from Latex Foam, which is the only type of foam you can wash.
- The bed comes with durable covers that offer moisture-resistance and soil damage.
- Research proved that these beds are Antimicrobial, Hypoallergenic and stop mold, fungus, or bacteria from growing.
- The removable covers of these pet beds are easy to launder and will remain soft and comfortable even after years.
- The organic latex provides five times the regular latex density, which promotes quality sleep for the pets regardless of any temperature changes. It also provides support to the pet.
- This pet bed is made from very dense fabric, which allows for more loft and comfort to the pet.
- The IntelliLoft Fiber and fill is made with eco-friendly IntelliLoft, which comes from recycled plastic.
- This product is easy to clean and maintain.
- The large size of this pet bed comes in 35 “x22″ x3” size.
- West Paw Designs’ pet beds are handcrafted with love and care in the USA.
- This bed comes in a chic design made from certified workmanship.
- This long-lasting bed is cozy yet breathable, keeps your pets fresh during summer, and provides warmth on chilly nights.
- The luxurious pet bed has soft organic cotton walls, specially made for pets who enjoy sticking their paws out and rest the way they want.
- The lounging bed comes with a non-skid bottom that prevents sliding.
- You can easily clean it in a washing machine or with a damp sponge.
- This is an eco-friendly dog bed made with organic cotton, hemp, and recycled PET (vegan fur).
- It easily converts from a carry tote to a pet bed in seconds and is designed so for your convenience.
- While in tote form, it is useful for carrying pet toys or small pets.
- Tote dimensions are 17″ x 11.5″ and bed dimensions are 23″ x 32″.
- This product is made in Portland, OR, USA.
- This Organic dog bed is suitable for machine wash.
- This plush self-warming pet bed is designed for dogs and cats.
- It comes covered in faux sherpa fleece and supple corduroy.
- This pet bed is suitable for use in crates, kennels, carriers, and other sleeping areas.
- This pet bed’s round shape offers a safe, cozy place for a cat or small dog to snooze.
- The soft flannel top surface offers supreme softness, while the polyester canvas sides and bottom provide strength.
- It has a curved, slightly raised edge for added structure and a pillow-like surface.
- This dog bed is suitable for breeds of tiny-sized and medium varieties.
- It comes in two sizes, i.e., small and medium, so that you can choose the perfect fit for your pet.
- This dog bed is made of Organic Cotton, as well as Oxford cloth.
- It is easy to clean, removable, and washable.
- It provides a soft and cozy feel so your pets can rest safely and comfortably.
- This dog bed comes with a 100% Polyester coral fleece top.
- The underside of this dog bed is made of 100% heavy-duty cotton canvas for strength and durability.
- It comes with a removable cover with a zip closure.
- This dog bed has a printed top with a khaki-colored bottom.
- The dye sublimation printing on this dog bed adheres to the ink to the long life material and durability.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Dog Bed
|1||NaturoPet Orthopedic Dog Bed - Soft Cushion Pet Mattress||NaturoPet||98.8|
|2||LIFEKIND Organic Dog Bed - With Removable Cover||LIFEKIND||98.5|
|3||IPETJOY Pet Round Bed for Cats & Dogs - With Plush Sherba Lining||IPETJOY||98.2|
|4||Back Support Systems Orthopedic Pet Bed - Pet Support Systems Organic Latex||Back Support Systems||97.9|
|5||West Paw Design Montana Nap - IntelliLoft Fiber, Fill Durable Lightweight||West Paw Design||97.6|
|6||Smiling Paws Pets Dog and Cat Lounge Bed - Washable Bed with Soft Sides||Smiling Paws Pets||97.3|
|7||Petsetter Sleeper Tote Travel - Organic Bed Blanket||Petsetter Sleeper Tote||96.8|
|8||BTIR Mat - Organic Pet Dog Bed||BTIR||96.5|
|9||MUJING Premium - Premium Dog & Cat Bed||MUJING||96.1|
|10||Dia Noche Blue - Dog Pet Beds||Dia Noche||95.7|
Table of Contents
- Why a Dog Bed is Important
- Types of Dog Beds
- How to Choose the Best Dog Bed
- Reviews: Best Organic Dog Beds
- NaturoPet® Orthopedic Dog Bed Soft Cushion Pet Mattress
- LIFEKIND® Organic Dog Bed With Removable Cover
- IPETJOY® Pet Round Bed for Cats & Dogs With Plush Sherba Lining
- Back Support Systems® Orthopedic Pet Bed Pet Support Systems Organic Latex
- West Paw Design® Montana Nap IntelliLoft Fiber, Fill Durable Lightweight
- Smiling Paws Pets® Dog and Cat Lounge Bed Washable Bed with Soft Sides
- Petsetter Sleeper Tote® Travel Organic Bed Blanket
- BTIR® Mat Organic Pet Dog Bed
- MUJING® Premium Premium Dog & Cat Bed
- Dia Noche® Blue Dog Pet Beds
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Dog Bed