Almost everyone loves orange juice, and it isn’t hard to imagine why.
It has a delicious, citrus flavor that makes everyone fall in love, but it is not the only thing that makes it so popular because it also has excellent benefits for your health.
If you need any more reasons to keep drinking that juice, then continue reading this article.
Health Benefits of Organic Orange Juice
It is an Antioxidant – Orange juice contains a high content of vitamin C, carotenoids, and flavonoids, which is known to be a powerful antioxidant that fights the damage from free radicals which are compounds that destroy protein and damage the cell structure causing the appearance of premature signs of aging and an increased risk of degenerative diseases like atherosclerosis, and inflammatory joint disease.
It Prevents Kidney Stones – It has been proven that orange juice increases the ph level of urine, making it more alkaline. The higher the ph level, the lower the risk of suffering kidney stones.
It is Anti-Inflammatory – Orange juice can reduce the levels of important inflammatory markers such as CRP and IL-6. That effect may have benefits in the prevention of diseases.
It is Good for Your Heart – Orange juice LDL cholesterol (the bad one) and total cholesterol, it also increases the levels of HDL (the good cholesterol). It is able to reduce diastolic blood pressure. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
It is Anti-Aging – Orange juice contains nourishing ingredients like vitamin C and Vitamin E that can stimulate collagen production and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
It Improves Eye Health – Orange juice contains carotenoids, which are pigments that are mainly found in the macula, the center part of the retina, and absorb almost all of the blue light, reducing the oxidative damage that happens to that part.
It Fastens the Healing Process – It contains flavonoids like hesperidin and anthocyanin that stimulate the regeneration of the cells and accelerates wound healing.
It Contains Essential Nutrients – Orange juice contains folate, which is needed to produce DNA and RNA, and it helps your body carbohydrates into energy. It also includes a high content of Potassium, which enhances muscle strength, balances electrolytes functions, and has positive effects on the treatment of certain heart diseases.
Chemicals that you May Find on Non-Organic Orange Juice
Artificial Food Coloring – It is used to give the juice a more orange color, but it has been linked with hyperactivity, irritability, and allergies on children.
Cadmium – This is a natural element that is commonly used in batteries, metal coatings, and pigments. Long-term exposure to that chemical is associated with severe kidney problems and bone softening. It is also considered a carcinogen.
Arsenic – The long-term exposure to arsenic is associated with cancer in the skin, lungs, bladder, and kidneys. It thickens the skin and causes hyperpigmentation.
Harmful Preservatives – Like sodium benzoate, sodium nitrite, sulfur dioxide, and propylparaben. They are associated with hyperactivity on children, asthma, hypotension. Propylparaben is considered an endocrine disruptor and may reduce the levels of testosterone.
Artificial Sweeteners – Like aspartame, and high fructose corn syrup. Some juices claim to be “sugar-free,” but they use substitutes that are worst than regular sugar and increases the risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes.
What to Look for on a Good Orange Juice
Low Sugar Content – This is one of the most important features to look for on orange juice if it contains a high amount of sugar that will increase the risk of suffering diabetes and all the other nutrients that it has will be worth nothing.
Low in Calories – Many orange juices contain a high amount of calories, which is not beneficial for people that are looking to lose weight.
Orange Juice Must be one of the Main Ingredients – If you are buying a juice that claims to be “100% organic” but when you check the ingredients label the fruit is one of the last ingredient and the first ones a bunch of chemicals that you don’t even know what they are, please do yourself a favor and don’t buy it.
Organic – By drinking organic juice, you are getting all the benefits of the fruit, the juice is fresher, and the product doesn’t contain any synthetic fertilizers or pesticides.
Reviews: Best Organic Orange Juice
The below list consists of the best Organic Orange Juices available for your use.
- This is a 100% pure and Organic Orange juice.
- It is freshly pressed and does not contain any concentrate.
- This product is USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO.
- The pasteurized juice does not contain any added sugar or preservatives.
- Lakewood’s organic orange juice is Kosher, Non-toxic, and free of any allergens.
- This juice is a delicious blend of Hamilin and Valencia oranges.
- All oranges used to make this juice are organically grown without the use of pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
- This product is Certified USDA Organic and is free of any added sugars.
- It is high in Vitamin C, B Vitamins, as well as Potassium.
- The pulp-free orange juice is Vegan, Kosher, and does not contain any concentrate.
- Each pack contains twelve bottles containing twelve ounces of Organic Orange Juice.
- Purity Organic offers 100% orange juice without any concentrate.
- This product is Certified USDA Organic, Kosher, Non-GMO, and does not contain Gluten or any added sugar.
- Purity Organic works with organic farmers to sustainably cultivate juicy oranges that are ideal for bottling.
- This organic orange juice is made via a cold-pressed method using high-pressure processing.
- Evolution Fresh uses fresh and juicy oranges at the peak of their sweet flavor for juicing.
- It is USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO project verified.
- The juice is made from a combination of five different types of oranges.
- It is free of any added sugars and comes with a fresh citrusy taste.
- This unique juice is made by combining Apple, Banana, Orange and Mango juices and concentrates.
- It is Gluten-free
- This product is Certified USDA Organic and Non-GMO.
- It contains all-natural ingredients and flavors.
- The juice mix is high in Vitamin A and C and does not contain any Trans fat.
- The Apple & Eve product is 100% organic and pure Orange juice.
- Each package is a pack of 15 12 ounce bottles.
- This product is a Non-GMO Project verified and Certified USDA Organic.
- It does not contain any added sugars, artificial flavors or colors.
- This company chooses to harvest and squeezes only organically grown oranges for your health.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Orange Juice
|1||Lakewood Pure - Organic Orange Juice||Lakewood||98.7|
|2||Uncle Matt's Organic Fresh - Organic Orange Juice||Uncle Matt's Organic||98.2|
|3||Purity Organic 100% - Organic Orange Juice Drink||Purity Organic||97.4|
|4||Evolution Fresh Cold-Pressed - Organic Orange Juice||Evolution Fresh||96.6|
|5||Santa Cruz ORGANIC Blend - Organic Orange Mango Juice||Santa Cruz ORGANIC||95.8|
|6||Apple & Eve Organic - 100% Orange Juice||Apple & Eve||94.4|
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Organic Orange Juice
- Chemicals that you May Find on Non-Organic Orange Juice
- What to Look for on a Good Orange Juice
- Reviews: Best Organic Orange Juice
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Orange Juice