Almost everyone loves orange juice, and it isn’t hard to imagine why.
It has a delicious citrus flavor that makes everyone fall in love, but it is not the only thing that makes it so popular because it also has excellent benefits for your health.
If you need more reasons to keep drinking that juice, continue reading this article.
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Organic Orange Juice
- Chemicals that you May Find on Non-Organic Orange Juice
- What to Look for on a Good Orange Juice
- Reviews: Best Organic Orange Juice
- Lakewood® Pure Organic Orange Juice
- Uncle Matt's Organic® Fresh Organic Orange Juice
- Lakewood® 32 Ounce Organic Pure Orange
- Evolution Fresh® Cold-Pressed Organic Orange Juice
- Santa Cruz ORGANIC® Blend Organic Orange Mango Juice
- Apple & Eve® Organic 100% Orange Juice
- R.W. Knudsen® Healthy Organic Orange Carrot Juice
- Biona® Pressed Organic Orange Juice
- Langers® 100% Pure Organic Orange Juice
- O2 Living® Carrot Kick Organic Orange Juice Mix
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Orange Juice
Health Benefits of Organic Orange Juice
It Prevents Kidney Stones – It has been proven that orange juice increases the ph level of urine, making it more alkaline. The higher the ph level, the lower the risk of kidney stones.
It is Anti-Inflammatory – Orange juice can reduce important inflammatory markers such as CRP and IL-6. That effect may have benefits in the prevention of diseases.
It is Good for Your Heart – Orange juice LDL cholesterol (the bad one) and total cholesterol also increases the levels of HDL (the good cholesterol). It can reduce diastolic blood pressure. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
Anti-Aging – Orange juice contains nourishing ingredients like vitamins C and E that stimulate collagen production and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
It Improves Eye Health – Orange juice contains carotenoids, which are pigments that are mainly found in the macula, the center part of the retina, and absorb almost all of the blue light reducing the oxidative damage that happens to that part.
It Fastens the Healing Process – It contains flavonoids like hesperidin and anthocyanin that stimulate the cells’ regeneration and accelerate wound healing.
It Contains Essential Nutrients – Orange juice contains folate, which is needed to produce DNA and RNA and helps your body absorb energy. It also includes a high content of Potassium, which enhances muscle strength, balances electrolytes functions, and has positive effects on treating certain heart diseases.
It is an Antioxidant – Aside from orange juice, organic pomegranate juice also contains a high content of vitamin C, carotenoids, and flavonoids, which is known to be a powerful antioxidant that fights the damage from free radicals, which are compounds that destroy protein and damage the cell structure causing the appearance of premature signs of aging and an increased risk of degenerative diseases like atherosclerosis, and inflammatory joint disease.
Chemicals that you May Find on Non-Organic Orange Juice
Artificial Food Coloring – It is used to give the juice a more orange color, but it has been linked with hyperactivity, irritability, and allergies in children.
Cadmium – This is a natural element commonly used in batteries, metal coatings, and pigments. Long-term exposure to that chemical is associated with severe kidney problems and bone softening. It is also considered a carcinogen.
Arsenic – Long-term arsenic exposure is associated with skin, lung, bladder, and kidney cancer. It thickens the skin and causes hyperpigmentation.
Harmful Preservatives – Like sodium benzoate, sodium nitrite, sulfur dioxide, and propylparaben. They are associated with hyperactivity in children, asthma, and hypotension. Propylparaben is considered an endocrine disruptor and may reduce the levels of testosterone.
Artificial Sweeteners – Like aspartame, and high fructose corn syrup. Some juices claim to be “sugar-free,” but they use substitutes that are worst than regular sugar and increase the risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes.
What to Look for on a Good Orange Juice
Low Sugar Content – This is one of the most important features to look for on orange juice if it contains a high amount of sugar that will increase the risk of suffering diabetes, the other nutrients that it has will be worth nothing.
Low in Calories – Many orange juices contain a high amount of calories, which is not beneficial for people looking to lose weight.
Orange Juice Must be one of the Main Ingredients – If you are buying a juice that claims to be “100% organic,” but when you check the ingredients label, the fruit is one of the last ingredients, and the first ones a bunch of chemicals that you don’t even know what they are, please do yourself a favor and don’t buy it.
Organic – By drinking organic juice, you get all the fruit’s benefits, the juice is fresher, and the product doesn’t contain synthetic fertilizers or pesticides.
Reviews: Best Organic Orange Juice
The below list consists of the best Organic Orange Juices available for your use.
- This is a 100% pure and Organic Orange juice.
- It is freshly pressed and does not contain any concentrate.
- This product is USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO.
- The pasteurized juice does not contain any added sugar or preservatives.
- Lakewood’s organic orange juice is Kosher, Non-toxic, and free of any allergens.
Uncle Matt's Organic® Fresh Organic Orange Juice
- This juice is a delicious blend of Hamilin and Valencia oranges.
- All oranges used to make this juice are organically grown without pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
- This product is Certified USDA Organic and is free of any added sugars.
- It is high in Vitamin C, B Vitamins, and Potassium.
- The pulp-free orange juice is Vegan, Kosher and does not contain any concentrate.
Lakewood® 32 Ounce Organic Pure Orange
- Each pack contains twelve bottles containing twelve ounces of Organic Orange Juice.
- Purity Organic offers 100% orange juice without any concentrate.
- This product is Certified USDA Organic, Kosher, Non-GMO, and does not contain Gluten or any added sugar.
- Purity Organic works with organic farmers to sustainably cultivate juicy oranges that are ideal for bottling.
Evolution Fresh® Cold-Pressed Organic Orange Juice
- This organic orange juice is made via a cold-pressed method using high-pressure processing.
- Evolution Fresh uses fresh and juicy oranges at the peak of their sweet flavor for juicing.
- It is USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO project verified.
- The juice is made from a combination of five different types of oranges.
- It is free of any added sugars and comes with a fresh citrusy taste.
Santa Cruz ORGANIC® Blend Organic Orange Mango Juice
- This unique juice is made by combining Apple, Banana, Orange, and Mango juices and concentrates.
- It is Gluten-free
- This product is Certified USDA Organic and Non-GMO.
- It contains all-natural ingredients and flavors.
- The juice mix is high in Vitamin A and C and does not contain any Trans fat.
Apple & Eve® Organic 100% Orange Juice
- The Apple & Eve product is 100% organic and pure Orange juice.
- Each package is a pack of 15 12 ounce bottles.
- This product is a Non-GMO Project verified and Certified USDA Organic.
- It does not contain any added sugars, artificial flavors, or colors.
- This company chooses to harvest and squeezes only organically grown oranges for your health.
R.W. Knudsen® Healthy Organic Orange Carrot Juice
- This juice is made with Filtered Water, Organic Orange, Organic Pineapple, Organic White Grape, Organic Carrot Juice Concentrates, and Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Citric Acid, and Brewed Organic Cinnamon.
- Each 8 FL OZ cup of this organic juice provides the goodness of approx. One cup serving of fruit.
- This juice does not contain any added sugar and is not a low-calorie food.
- It is USDA Certified Organic as well as Non-GMO Project Verified.
Biona® Pressed Organic Orange Juice
- Biona Organic Orange Juice is pressed from succulent, juicy, organic oranges.
- It does not contain any fruit concentrate, added sugars or preservatives, and is rich in Vitamin C.
- Biona Orange Juice is delicious when taken on its own and can also be added in cooking to give your food a zesty orange flavor.
- It is advised to shake it well before use and refrigerate after opening.
Langers® 100% Pure Organic Orange Juice
- This is 100% pure orange juice, made from concentrate.
- Each package contains 12 bottles, with 15.2 oz of juicy goodness per bottle.
- This is a 100% Pure organic Orange juice and goes well with any meal or on its own.
- It is Gluten-free as well as Kosher Approved.
O2 Living® Carrot Kick Organic Orange Juice Mix
- This juice is made with Organic oranges, along with the added benefits of Organic carrots and Yellow Beets.
- The colorful juice has a delicious flavor and is filled to the brim with Beta Carotene, essential vitamins, and nutrients.
- It is made by pressing fresh fruits and vegetables to ensure the maximum amount of nutrients are extracted.
- This juice is made without any heat to process it, resulting in a light, delicious, and fresh flavor.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Orange Juice
|Lakewood Pure - Organic Orange Juice
|Uncle Matt's Organic Fresh - Organic Orange Juice
|Uncle Matt's Organic
|Lakewood 32 Ounce - Organic Pure Orange
|Evolution Fresh Cold-Pressed - Organic Orange Juice
|Santa Cruz ORGANIC Blend - Organic Orange Mango Juice
|Santa Cruz ORGANIC
|Apple & Eve Organic - 100% Orange Juice
|Apple & Eve
|R.W. Knudsen Healthy - Organic Orange Carrot Juice
|Biona Pressed - Organic Orange Juice
|Langers 100% Pure - Organic Orange Juice
|O2 Living Carrot Kick - Organic Orange Juice Mix