Skin toner is commonly perceived to dry skin out and just does not seem to work at all for many people.
This article is here to prove that both right and wrong: it’s not skin toner that’s the problem, it’s inorganic skin toner!
Read for more information on why that is, what toners do and what the best organic skin toners are.
What Does a Skin Toner Do?
Many people don’t know what a toner is good for, aside from knowing it makes for healthier-looking radiant skin. The primary functions of skin toner are as follows:
- Shrinks and Tightens the Pores – Facial toners will tighten the skin and remove dirt. This means that each of the little pores on your skin will also shrink, which can cause blackheads to diminish in size and number. Organic toner not only does this but does not add any harmful toxins back into your skin, reducing the chance of skin irritations or allergic reactions.
- Removes Excess Oils – Toner also strips the skin of excess oils and is recommended for those who have very oily or pimply skin. The problem with normal toner in this regard is that the chemicals used are too harsh, stripping the skin too vigorously. This creates a skin reaction whereby the skin secretes more oil to compensate, which will make you dependant upon your toner on a daily basis. Organic toner has the added advantage however of adding back beneficial nutrients to the skin, avoiding this result and creating healthy radiant skin.
- Restores the Skins Natural pH – toner is responsible for rejuvenating skin back to its natural mildly acidic pH. In general, our skins have an acidic layer that protects us from dust, dirt, irritations, and infections. This layer also locks moisture into our skins, preventing it from drying out. Those with sensitive skin may have noticed ordinary toner to be too aggressive in this regard. Organic toners keep this layer healthy and active, often full of antimicrobial natural ingredients that restore the rightful balance.
Organic Ingredients That Make The Best Natural Toners
Ever wondered how to protect your skin from acne, wrinkles, dehydration and more?
These natural ingredients will sure help you to do just that! Keep a lookout for them inside your skin toner the next time you are looking to buy.
- Witch Hazel – Witch Hazel is an excellent facial toner on its own or inside a toner due to the tannins it has. It nourishes dry skin, removes oils from oily skin, reduces inflammation and puffy eyes, removes acne and protects your skin from the environment. Witch Hazel even helps to protect your skin from sunburn!
- Rose Water – renowned for being the best organic toner one can buy, Rose Water helps to keep the pH of your skin perfect, also fighting acne as well as eczema and any form of dermatitis. It feels very soothing on the skin and has anti-bacterial properties, helping to strengthen and protect skin cells from damage. Rose Water even repairs skin damage and imparts a natural sheen to your skin.
- Vitamin C – this is an essential vitamin that we do not make ourselves inside our bodies, and yet it helps us to replenish other essential nutrients in our bodies such as Vitamin E. Vitamin C is anti-inflammatory and contributes to protecting the skin from free radicals, as well as restore the skin to its former glory. Often used in organic anti-aging formulas, vitamin C is also found present in many skin formulas and natural ingredients that are used for the same purposes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Organic apple cider vinegar will tighten your pores as well as restore the pH balance of your skin. It’s highly acidic by nature and will also destroy any bacteria that may cause reactions in the skin. It is only needed in minuscule amounts on the skin, or it can burn sensitive individuals.
Toxic Ingredients to Avoid in your Skin Toner
Many of the same toxic ingredients for skin can be found in nearly all skin products. This includes sunblock, moisturizer, deep cleansers, face masks, and skin toner. These harmful chemicals are likely to cause damage to your skin over time and usually just end up worsening the problem. When that begins to happen, these toxic toners seem to be needed to abate the problem. However, they are just causing counter-reactions in the skin.
Examples of these toxins include:
- Alcohol or alcohol derivatives
- Petroleum based ingredients
These ingredients are claimed to dissolve dead skin cells, keep moisture in and tighten pores.
All of them are highly carcinogenic, dissolving living skin cells as well as dead ones.
Many reports have been released on their toxicity and how they cause skin, eye, nose and throat irritations too. You would be better off not using a toner than purchasing an inorganic skin toner.
Reviews: The Best Organic Toners
Take your pick from the below selection of natural organic toners for healthy wrinkle-free skin that glows!
- This toner is made with suffusions of organic Bulgarian rose water and aloe vera for the ultimate tone and repair formula.
- It comes in a convenient spray bottle that can be carried around in your handbag.
- Simply spray a bit here and there before applying makeup to protect your skin from developing acne!
- Fantastic for all skin types, this will tighten the skin, remove blackheads and prevent excessive oil secretion.
- 100% antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic.
- Smells like delicate Bulgarian roses and will leave you feeling uplifted all day long.
- This product is paraben-free, as well as free from phthalates, sulfates, artificial fragrances, and petrochemicals.
- This is a bottle of pure rose water, making for one of the ultimate skin toners on it’s own or added to your toner for extra protection.
- Rose water can also be added to shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, and any other skin or hair products for a healthy luster.
- When applied to the skin, it rehydrates very efficiently, restoring pH and reversing damages done.
- No chemicals are added to this pure rose water extract which is hand made in Morocco using traditional methods of extraction.
- Say goodbye to dry, oily, pimply skin and hello to a new radiant you!
- This hydrating rose water skin toner was crafted from purely organic small scale Lebanese farmers for the finest quality available.
- The handbag-sized spray bottle can be taken everywhere with you and is easy to apply.
- This skin toner will not cause an allergic reaction, having the opposite effect and soothing the skin.
- Rose Water is anti-microbial, destroying any foreign invaders on your skin’s surface as well as re-establishing a protective layer.
- The pH of the skin improves greatly when applied with organic rose water, allowing for a natural balance of oil and less dust to be trapped on top.
- Are you ready to have tightened skin, fewer wrinkles, minimal scar tissue and skin that shines like the sun?
- Once again, organic rose water skin toner tops our charts with this pure product from Teddie Organics.
- Look no further for a complete set of skincare functions, as rose water will reduce acne, oil, scars and so much more!
- Healthy skin needs cleansing now and then and this organic toner is here to do just that.
- When used in combination with a moisturizer, your skin will feel 100% alive and youthful.
- Suitable for every skin type rose water never fails to improve complexions of naturalists everywhere.
- If you have a rash, this toner can double as a soothing rash inhibitor, removing the irritation from your skin within a few days.
- Here is a toner that contains several potent skin toning ingredients to balance the skin and bring about an impressive anti-aging effect that lasts!
- Contains organic aloe vera which hydrates the skin deeply and makes it incredibly soft to the touch.
- The rose water in this toner is the main active ingredient for tightening pores and soothing irritations.
- Organic witch hazel also makes an excellent skin toner, reducing acne, wrinkles, and scarring.
- Green Tea extract is a potent anti-inflammatory agent that softens skin and penetrates very deeply.
- Add this to any of your cosmetic products as desired for fabulous results and a youthful appearance.
- Free from parabens, preservatives, propylene glycol, synthetic fragrances and more.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Organic Toners
|1||Passport to Organics Rosewater Toner - Organic Rosewater Toner Spray Bottle||Passport to Organics||95.8|
|2||Poppy Austin 100% Pure Rose Water - Pure Organic Rose Water for Healthy Skin||Poppy Austin||96|
|3||Sky Organics Pure Rose Water Toner - Organic Rose Toner for Clear Skin||Sky Organics||98|
|4||Teddie Organics Chemical Free Toner - All Natural Pure Organic Skin Toner||Teddie Organics||97|
|5||Christina Moss Naturals GMO Free Toner - Organic Toner for Flawless Skin||Christina Moss Naturals||95|
Table of Contents
- What Does a Skin Toner Do?
- Organic Ingredients That Make The Best Natural Toners
- Toxic Ingredients to Avoid in your Skin Toner
- Reviews: The Best Organic Toners
- Passport to Organics® Rosewater Toner Organic Rosewater Toner Spray Bottle
- Poppy Austin® 100% Pure Rose Water Pure Organic Rose Water for Healthy Skin
- Sky Organics® Pure Rose Water Toner Organic Rose Toner for Clear Skin
- Teddie Organics® Chemical Free Toner All Natural Pure Organic Skin Toner
- Christina Moss Naturals® GMO Free Toner Organic Toner for Flawless Skin
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Organic Toners