If you are looking for the best organic sunscreen for your face, then you have come to the right place!
Knowing what organic ingredients to put on your face will help you to determine the best organic sunscreen for your face and skin type.
Find out more what natural ingredients will work to protect your skin and what to avoid in your sunscreen.
Oils Found in Good Organic Sunscreen for Face
Every skincare product needs a good base, even sunscreen.
These natural oils, in any quantity, will help to enhance the natural vibrancy of any skin type and are known to be the best carrier oils for organic skincare products.
- Coconut Oil
Organic coconut oil is the most beneficial natural facial skincare oil. It has anti-microbial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. Coconut oil is rich in vitamin E, vitamin K and a large variety of skin-enhancing minerals. Lauric Acid, Cetearyl Glucoside (from coconuts) and coco glucoside are safer synthetic compounds to use, derived from coconuts.
- Olive Oil
Organic olive oil is incredibly rich in polyphenols, phytochemicals, and vitamin E. In other words, olive oil is a potent source of perfect natural chemical ingredients that our skin requires. The best organic olive oil will contain decent amounts of hydroxytyrosol, a compound that repairs free radical damage to the skin, further protecting your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Sesame Oil
This oil contains a wealth of skin-nourishing compounds, such as linoleic acid and palmitic acids. Sesame oil also protects against UV radiation, forming a protective layer over the skin and repairing damaged skin simultaneously. Sesame would perhaps make for better essential oil, added to a neutral carrier oil like coconut oil, as sesame oil has a strong odor.
- Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil has been used as a skincare remedy ingredient since the 1800s, in recorded history. It rehydrates the skin as well as forms a sun-protective barrier.
- Argan Oil
Argan oil is indicated in aiding hair growth and repairs skin by being rich in the right oils and minerals to nourish the skin. Argan oil has also been known to treat skin infections.
These oils are all neutral oils and are hypoallergenic (except almond oil, if you have a nut allergy).
All of them will decrease inflammation, help your skin to absorb nutrients further, and build a UV protective layer for protection from the sun.
Ingredients To Avoid in Organic Natural Sunscreen
To choose the best sunscreen for your face, you ought to know what ingredients will harm you.
Synthetic sunscreen lotions and even some organic-synthetic sun lotion blends may contain some harmful compounds which will damage the skin.
Some of the biggest skincare offenders found in sunscreen are Homosalate, PABA, and PABA derivatives.
- HOMOSALATE: This is a chemical used in sunscreens to prevent the sun’s harmful rays from penetrating the skin. Unfortunately, homosalate has the tendency to absorb short-wave UVB rays, which are associated with skin DNA damage and increased risk of skin cancer!
- PABA: This was used more commonly in past sunscreen, but is still found from time to time, so beware! PABA is linked with causing allergic skin reactions, photosensitivity, and stains clothing. Studies have linked PABA with thyroid disruption.
The following synthetic ingredients should be avoided at all costs as they detract from the antioxidant properties of organic sunscreens, in some cases damaging your skin completely:
2-bromo-2 nitropropane-1,3-diol, Diazolidinyl Urea, DMDM hydantoin, Imidazolidinyl urea, Quaternium-15, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parabens (butyl, ethyl, methyl, propyl, isobutyl), Padimate-O, 1,4-Dioxane, and sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS).
Choosing a Natural Sunscreen For Your Skin Type
Knowing what skin type you have will help you to understand what is the best organic sunscreen for your face.
The main skin types are listed below with essential oils and organic ingredients that will benefit that skin type, respectively:
- Dry skin will benefit from lots of moisturizing to remedy tight and flaking skin. Dry skin will also need higher quantities than usual, of organic sunscreen for the face and other exposed areas.
Organic ingredients known to benefit dry skin include: Geranium, Lavender, Myrrh, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Cedar, Chamomile, Neroli and Cypress essential oils or extracts.
- Oily skin produces too much oil and needs organic ingredients that can help to tone and reduce oiliness in the skin. These constituents will also provide long-lasting skin protection and skin-repairing properties.
Oily skin will benefit from using: Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Rose, Grapeseed, Hazelnut, cedarwood, cypress, lilac, basil, rosemary, and eucalyptus.
- Sensitive skin needs special attention and usually can’t manage a large combination of ingredients or vast quantities of them either. You do not want to use abrasive oils and as few artificial substances as possible for sensitive skin types.
Organic sunscreen ingredients like chamomile, camellia, macadamia, and rosehip will help to soothe sensitive skin and gently form a UV protective layer.
Other organic ingredients to look out for in sunscreen that will impart a glow to your skin:
Calendula, Seabuckthorn, Beeswax, Aloe Vera
Shea Butter, Lavender, Grapeseed, Jojoba
Pineapple, Grapefruit, White Tea, Avocado,
Green Tea, Eucalyptus, Chamomile.
Reviews: Best Organic Sunscreen for the Face
Below we have a list of organic and nourishing sunscreen products, especially gentle for the face and sun protection for the skin.
- This very soothing sunscreen is made for very delicate and sensitive skin, suitable for babies and adults alike.
- The base is UV protective beeswax and organic sunflower oil, which contains skin-repairing vitamin E.
- Seabuckthorn, Calendula, and Chamomile are added for additional anti-aging skin nourishment and to soothe the skin.
- This product is 94% organic, and there are no metal oxides inside of it.
- It confers UV protection with an SPF of 30.
- Use every 40-120minutes to confer maximum protection, depending on sun exposure in your location.
- LureLux’s superior sunscreen is constituted by only organic ingredients for the healthiest results when protecting your skin.
- It is made up of 15% Zinc Oxide with vitamin D2 (from mushrooms) for additional anti-aging properties.
- Aloe vera leaf, Grapefruit, Pineapple, and coconut extract provide excellent moisturizing qualities to enhance this organic sunscreen for the face.
- Grape Seed oil, beeswax, and horseradish add additional antioxidant compounds that aid the skin in repatriating from any UV damage, as well as protect from it.
- No artificial fragrances or chemicals were added to this sunscreen, which is ideal for sensitive skin and most other skin types.
- This organic sunscreen contains lavender for anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial effects.
- It contains Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, and Radish Root Natural Extract, all of which help to maintain healthy skin.
- Completely GMO-free, certified organic, nano-free, vegan, gluten-free, and eco-friendly.
- It is made by a company that is owned and run by women only.
- It contains Titanium Dioxide, used in combination with zinc to confer additional sun protection.
- Not suitable for skin conditions or damaged skin.
- This products contains absolutely no SLS, parabens, fragrances, dyes, DEA/MEA/TEA or phthalates.
- Babo Botanicals Sunscreen contains many beneficial plant extracts, including all-organic: white tea, avocado, sunflower, and shea butter.
- Perfect for very sensitive skin, allergies, and babies.
- It offers 100% active mineral ingredients for easy protection and absorption of nutrients.
- Packaged in a convenient squeeze tube and easy to store inside a handbag or carrier bag.
- This soft and soothing moisturising sunscreen is suitable for children, skin rashes, allergies or sensitive skin types.
- Complete with many organic products to make for incredibly radiant skin.
- Olive and olive oil is anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and have essential lipids that benefit our skin.
- DeVita included vitamin B5 in its formula. B vitamins are one of the keys to skin damage repair.
- It offers protection from UVB/UVA rays for 30 minutes at a time.
- Apply the night before for best results.
- Made from 100% pure organic natural ingredients including pure virgin coconut oil, green tea and vitamin E.
- Eucalyptus oil is also used in this product and is suitable for all skin types.
- The jojoba oil inside this product has a high antioxidant content and is full of lipids which ultimately repair skin.
- It is ideal for sensitive individuals with skin allergies or conditions.
- It contains no chemicals and is certified organic.
- Contains Titanium Dioxide.
- The organic sunscreen comes with a broad-spectrum SPF 30.
- MADE OF sunscreen is Rated one by EWG and NSF Organic Certified.
- Specially made for babies, this sunscreen is made from 75% organic and 25% natural ingredients like argan and coconut oil.
- These special ingredients are water-resistant and leave no greasy residue.
- This product is Gluten-Free, Leaping Bunny, USDA Biobased Product, and NSF Organic Standard Certified.
- The organic sunscreen is Non-nano zinc oxide worked as a physical block against UVA/UVB rays and made without harsh chemicals to protect your baby’s skin.
- It is Non-GMO, soy-free, phthalate-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and does not contain any synthetic fragrances or artificial ingredients.
- This velvety-soft organic sunscreen provides broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection without the shine.
- COOLA’s Farm-to-Face® formula features a universally-flattering tint and a mattifying finish that helps even out skin imperfections.
- It is boosted with antioxidant-rich Plant Protection Complex, natural rosehip oil, and calming evening primrose.
- These powder-weight powerhouse ingredients also help fight free radicals.
- This SPF 30 sunscreen is made with 70%+ certified organic ingredients and Non-nano Zinc Oxide.
- It is Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Reef-Friendly, Water-resistant, and Fragrance-Free.
- It comes in a 100% recyclable plant-based tubes sourced from sugar cane.
- This all-natural Mineral Sunscreen provides reliable broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection of SPF 50 to help keep skin healthy.
- It is Certified NSF Organic, and family-friendly.
- This formula contains 94% organic ingredients and no toxic chemicals that can cause irritation or environmental damage.
- Sky Organics’ non-Nano Zinc Oxide formula is as good for the environment as it is for your skin.
- This sunscreen is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes and safe for babies and kids as well.
- It is Fragrance-Free, Paraben-Free, and Cruelty-Free.
- Two Peas Organics all-natural sunscreen is made using highly effective plant-derived and certified organic ingredients.
- It provides superior sun protection while being biodegradable and coral reef safe.
- It provides reliable SPF 30 broad-spectrum UVA & UVB protection, as well as family-friendly by being gentle enough for a baby’s sensitive skin yet providing a strong enough coverage for kids and adults.
- The extra thick formula with 20% Zinc Oxide helps to prevent sunburns and helps decrease the risk of skin damage and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- It leaves a thin white layer allowing you to see where you’re covered.
- This product is Fragrance-free, ideal for delicate or sensitive skin, as well as water-resistant for up to 80 minutes.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Face Sunscreen
Table of Contents
- Oils Found in Good Organic Sunscreen for Face
- Ingredients To Avoid in Organic Natural Sunscreen
- Choosing a Natural Sunscreen For Your Skin Type
- Reviews: Best Organic Sunscreen for the Face
- Badger® Organic Baby Sunscreen Organic Facial Sunscreen For Babies
- LureLux® All-Natural Organic Sunscreen Natural Phytochemical-Enhanced Facial Sunscreen
- Goddess Garden® Organic Biodegradable Sunscreen Naturally Enhanced Eco-Friendly Facial Sunscreen
- Babo Botanicals® Unscented Organic Sunscreen Mineral-Rich Organic Sunscreen for the Face
- DeVita® Solar Body Moisturiser Nourishing Organic Vegan Facial Sunscreen
- True Natural® Enhanced Organic Sunscreen Green Tea Infused Organic Facial Sunscreen
- MADE OF® Broad Spectrum Baby Sunscreen Organic
- COOLA® Matte Tint Organic Mineral Face Sunscreen
- Sky Organics® All Natural Unscented Mineral Sunscreen
- Two Peas Organics® Family Friendly Organic Mineral Sunscreen Lotion
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Face Sunscreen