Aftershaves are an essential part of the shaving regimen.
Depending on your skin type and personal preference, you can get different kinds of aftershave products, from balms to lotions and oil.
Scroll down to find out why aftershave products are necessary and the best organic aftershave products available.
Aftershave and Its Types
- Aftershave – Aftershave is an astringent-based product used after shaving to minimize the risk of irritation and soothe any nicks, cuts, and the overall shaved area. It is also advisable to use organic shaving cream to eliminate cuts and nicks in the first place.
- Balms and Lotions – The most common type of Aftershave product is an aftershave balm or lotions. These balms are designed to be free of alcohol and usually come in a lotion-like consistency. They are mostly advised for winter use, or people with dehydrated skins, as they provide moisturization to the skin.
- Gel – Aftershave gels are mostly in this form to provide additional nutrients and benefits. The gel can contain nutrients such as fish oil, or it can be solely to provide a rich scent. Aftershave gels can be used either way by people with sensitive skin only if they contain soothing ingredients such as Aloe Vera, etc.
- Oils – Aftershave oils are a natural and organic way to take care of your shaved skin without involving any harsh chemicals or ingredients. Most oils absorb faster than a lotion, and you have more chance of getting rich nutrients. Use essential oils with soothing properties and antibacterial qualities for a perfect organic alternative to a chemical-based aftershave.
- Splash – Liquid, Alcohol-based aftershave was the first and foremost aftershave introduced in society. Traditionally, these types of aftershaves were used in barbershops. The alcohol in these products works as an antiseptic and may cause a burning sensation when applied.
Why You Need an Aftershave
- Kills Bacteria – When you swipe a previously used razor on your skin, especially if you have just showered and your pores are open, you are just inviting the bacteria. Aside from aftershave, applying an organic exfoliator for face can kill any bacteria on your skin and drastically reduce the risk of pimples, infections, and acne.
- Reduces Burns, Bumps, Ingrown Hair – Most aftershave products are designed to soothe and calm the skin. Depending on the ingredients, they soothe irritation and reduce the formation of razor burns, razor bumps, and ingrown hair. They also soothe and relieve any painful cuts caused by shaving.
- Provides Hydration and Moisture – Aftershave balms and lotions are designed to moisturize the skin to make up for moisture lost during shaving. Liquid-based products also provide hydration to the skin.
- Closes Pores and Soothes – The astringents and toners, the main ingredient of an aftershave, perform the job of closing off pores to reduce the risk of infections and irritation. The toning elements in the aftershave products bring the skin to balance.
- Makes You Smell Great – Depending on whether or not the aftershave product is scented, it may leave you smelling great post-shave. It is better for people with sensitive skin to go for an unscented product to reduce the risk of irritation.
What to Look for in a Good Aftershave
- Suits Your Skin Type – Before buying anything for your face, consider your skin type. Nowadays, there are many types of products available to cater to every skins’ needs. For dry skin, use a moisturizing aftershave. For sensitive skin, go for products that are unscented to reduce the risk of inflammation.
- Quality Astringent – The great debate regarding aftershave is Witch Hazel Vs. Alcohol. Each has its own set of benefits, as well as disadvantages. Witch Hazel is a natural astringent and has anti-inflammatory properties. Whereas alcohol is a little harsh, especially on dry skin. It aggravates the skin and may sting when applied.
- Organic, Natural Ingredients – These days, many organic aftershave products are made entirely of natural and organically processed ingredients. Choose such products to make sure you are protecting your skin as well as the environment.
- Scented Vs. Unscented – Aftershaves come in a variety of scents and some even without scents. The benefit of scented aftershaves is the fragrance it provides. Whereas unscented varieties may be better for damaged, sensitive skin types.
Reviews: Best Organic Aftershave
Reviewed down below are the best organic aftershaves available in the market.
- This formula of this aftershave is light and quickly absorbs into the skin.
- This aftershave lotion is packed with natural and certified organic ingredients, including Aloe Vera, Lavender, Vitamin E, A, and Sugarcane.
- It calms and hydrates the face while protecting from irritation, causing bacteria.
- It contains natural hydrating elements and is free from alcohol.
- The botanical extracts in this product prevent irritation and ingrown hairs.
Men's Soap Company® Organic Himalaya After Shave Balm
- The aftershave balm is made of completely natural, organic, and vegan-friendly ingredients.
- This product is formulated to be irritation-free and does not burn your skin at all.
- This aftershave is 1100% cruelty-free and comes in a recyclable package.
- This product is handcrafted in the USA and designed to allow for a perfect aftershave experience.
- It has a light scent that is not overpowering, and the creamy formation allows for soft and smooth skin.
The Art of Shaving® Shave Balm Organic Aftershave Oil for Men
- This aftershave oil is made of 100% organic ingredients such as Argan Oil and Jojoba Oil.
- This unscented aftershave product is oil-based.
- It is suitable for sensitive and dry skins.
- Use a few drops of this aftershave oil right after shaving for a moisturized and smooth face.
ACARAA® Natural Aftershave Balm For Women
- The ACARAA aftershave balm is designed for both men and women.
- It is an organic treatment of razor bumps.
- This product is designed by Dermatologists and contains Vitamins A and E, as well as organic Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, and other natural ingredients.
- This sensitive formula reduces ingrown hairs and pimples.
- It is silicone-free and does not contain parabens, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances as well as cruelty-free.
Sweetsation Therapy® Refreshing Organic Aftershave Splash
- This soothing aftershave is made with all organic and natural ingredients.
- The peppermint included in this aftershave makes it refreshing and cooling.
- This splash is made of a unique blend of plant extracts.
- It leaves behind a light minty scent.
Jivi® Healing Organic After Shave Moisturizer
- This product soothes inflammation and shows a visible reduction in redness immediately after you apply.
- It speeds up healing in case of minor nicks and cuts caused by the razor blade. In addition, it even lessens the appearance of razor burns.
- This aftershave is suitable for both men and women.
- It moisturizes the skin and leaves it soft, smooth, and irritation-free.
- The manufacture of this aftershave is done using 100% natural and organic ingredients.
- Jivi cares about the people. Therefore, every purchase of a bottle of this aftershave results in the donation of a free meal. Thus, Jivi is playing its part in alleviating hunger in the community.
- This product is made in North Carolina, USA.
SheaMoisture® Nourishing After Shave Elixir
- This aftershave elixir tightens and invigorates the skin.
- It is made with organic Tea tree oil and Shea Butter, making it nourishing and refreshing for the skin.
- The aftershave lotion can be used by anyone and is suitable for all skin types.
- You can use this aftershave daily, and a dime-sized amount is enough to do wonders.
Herbal Choice Mari® Nature's Brands Organic Aftershave Balm
- This product is USDA Certified organic and does not contain any petroleum-based ingredients, gluten, soy, dairy, Non-GMO
- Cruelty-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- It is made without beeswax, petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances, dyes, phthalates, parabens, or preservatives.
- This organic aftershave comes packaged in an eco-friendly glass bottle and is hexane-free, cold-pressed, non-refined, and non-deodorized.
- The aftershave comes with a soothing emollient base that moisturizes the skin and leaves it refreshed and smooth.
- It is made with moisturizing plant-based ingredients and is made in the USA.
M MÜHLE® Rasurbalsam Organic Aftershave Balm
- This Organic Shaving Balm is formulated with Argan Oil to nourish and protect the skin, whereas the Aloe Vera is included to support the elasticity and regeneration of the skin.
- It is BDIH certified organic and 100% Vegan.
- Rasurbalsam aftershave does not contain any synthetic preservatives, aromatic substances, or colorants.
- The Calendula extract has an antiseptic and soothing effect.
- This aftershave also contains Bisabolol obtained from chamomile, anti-inflammatory, and supports the healing process.
Cella Milano® Extra Bio Organic After Shave Balm
- Cella Bio Organic After Shave Balm advertizes Aloe Vera as its key ingredient.
- It is a product from the latest line of this famous Italian brand.
- This aftershave is suitable for sensitive skin because of its natural and organic ingredients.
- The innovative, creamy, light texture of this aftershave hydrates and protects the skin all day after wet shaving, as well as calming redness and post-shave irritations.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Aftershave
|Force Skin care Balm–USDA - Instant Relief Organic Aftershave
|Force Skin care
|Men's Soap Company Organic - Himalaya After Shave Balm
|Men's Soap Company
|The Art of Shaving Shave Balm - Organic Aftershave Oil for Men
|The Art of Shaving
|ACARAA Natural - Aftershave Balm For Women
|Sweetsation Therapy Refreshing - Organic Aftershave Splash
|Jivi Healing - Organic After Shave Moisturizer
|SheaMoisture Nourishing - After Shave Elixir
|Herbal Choice Mari Nature's Brands - Organic Aftershave Balm
|Herbal Choice Mari
|M MÜHLE Rasurbalsam - Organic Aftershave Balm
|Cella Milano Extra Bio - Organic After Shave Balm