For many people, acne is a continuous skin battle that results from unknown origins.
In this organic buying guide, we will go through the causes of acne and what ingredients you should include or avoid in your face wash to eliminate it!
What Causes Acne?
Acne occurs mostly in the areas that you have the most oil glands in your skin, such as the face, neck, chest, and back.
Acne is always connected to these oil glands and is usually attributed to the over or under-functioning of these glands, excess dead skin cells, clogged pores, or bacteria.
When the oil glands produce excess oils, they trap in the dirt or dead skin cells and build up inside a hair follicle.
If this mix is exposed to the air, it creates a blackhead, and if it’s sealed in, it forms a white head.
Acne can also result from bacterial infection, either when too much oil traps bacteria or when your body is trying to detox after an infection.
Our bodies can create acne when we need to remove by-products or when our pores become blocked, resulting in excess oils that form acne. Hormones, stress, and allergies can trigger acne, as well.
5 Acne Causing Ingredients in Face Wash
Many of the synthetic skincare products we use on our skin tend to worsen our acne, especially if they are oil-based, as they will block our pores. Organic extracts tend to protect our skin against the harmful effects of these synthetic ingredients.
- Alcohol – Alcohol is added to many face washes and skincare products to allow better absorption of the active ingredients and to make lotion more spreadable. Alcohol is one thing that will contribute to your acne problems immensely too. It destroys your natural oil barrier, which encourages the oil glands to produce oil in excess. Alcohol will also dry out and irritate the skin, fulfilling the recipe behind acne creation.
- Parabens – Parabens are used to preserve cosmetics but also irritate the skin and have been linked to cancer in various research papers. Parabens in combination with hormonal imbalance or allergies can easily create acne in your skin.
- SLS – Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a potent stripping agent used to create the foamy effect in your soap, shampoo, and skincare products; however,,, it is also used to strip grease off engines, garage floors, and cars! SLS works the same way on your skin, removing excess oils from the pores, which causes the glands to produce more oil than necessary to compensate. This can cause acne when infected or if combined with dead or irritated skin cells.
- Mineral Oil – Mineral oils blocks your pores and trap dirt or bacteria in them. These oils have been directly linked to increased acne. They are also derived directly from petroleum products and are not healthy for us to ingest or to be in contact with.
- Fragrance or Color – Most dyes and fragrance made from synthetic sources are skin irritants, increasing the number of dead skin cells we have.
5 Organic Face Wash Ingredients That Destroy Acne
These five ingredients will help to reduce acne, especially when used in combination with one another in your organic face wash.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera is a wonderful anti-inflammatory and contains many soothing components that will alleviate skin irritations or dry skin.
- Citrus – All citrus fruits have a few nutrients in common, including large doses of vitamin C. Citrus extract will help to remove excess oils without drying out the skin, working to rather keep it perfectly hydrated.
- Rosewood Oil – Rosewood oil contains tissue regenerative properties, able to keep your skin very smooth, healthy, and moisturized. Rosewood protects against acne, dandruff, skin irritations, and flaky skin.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil is one of the best natural antibacterial ingredients that you can use for your face wash. Tea tree will prevent your skin from becoming infected, which will cut out a significant portion of acne for many individuals.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil makes for one of the best natural moisturisers on the planet. Due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, olive oil will you’re your skin fight infections and ensure the oil glands do not overproduce oil.
Reviews: Best Organic Face Wash for Acne
Below we have selected some of the best organic face washes for clearing up acne, hydrating, and keeping skin clean. We would also like to inform you that for every purchase you make through the given links, we are subjected to get some credit for the sale.
- Enriched with the soothing properties of both manuka honey and aloe vera, your skin will never have an acne problem again!
- Manuka honey will additionally provide preservation and create an antibacterial layer over your skin that soothes inflammation.
- Includes vitamins A, B, C, D, and E, all of which will ensure your skin functions normally, has fewer allergic reactions and stays youthful in appearance!
- This organic face wash will correct the pH of your skin to 5.5 instead of many others with a pH of 10.
- Free from preservatives, chemicals, skin irritants, parabens, or artificial fragrances.
- For those men who can’t seem to escape acne or ingrown hairs after shaving, this facial cleanser can double your ideal aftershave.
- Packed with organic ingredients, the facial wash will remove dirt and excess oil while enhancing the function of your skin to keep itself in balance.
- The combination of Willow Bark and Burdock Root will keep your face feeling smooth and well-toned.
- The vitamin C in this formula will keep your skin hydrated all day long and strip away excess oils without irritating.
- Suitable for all skin types, including oily, dry, sensitive, damaged, or acne-prone.
- This face wash is certified organic and has been designed to eliminate acne, reduce flaking skin, promote skin repair, and keep your skin looking youthful!
- Organic aloe and peppermint oil both increase tissue repair, which allows the skin to regenerate fast and function normally.
- Shea butter will restore a natural glow to your skin, reducing the chance of acne or allergic reactions surfacing in the skin.
- Acai extract found in this face wash will rehydrate your skin and remove excess oils and tone your pores.
- Chamomile extracts are used in this face wash as an anti-aging formula, protecting the skin from bacteria, radiation, and irritation.
- This extract is made using some of the most potent organic skincare ingredients for healthy, flexible, and radiant skin.
- Olive oil and coconut oil will go a long way in moisturizing the skin and ensuring the ingredients reach a deeper layer than the surface.
- Rosemary is used in correcting flaky, irritated skin, being both soothing and antimicrobial when applied to the skin or the scalp.
- Aloe vera in this product will soothe any skin irritations, having a very calming effect on eczema, allergies, or severe acne.
- The citric acid inside this facial cleanser will strip away excess oils very gently while maintaining the skin’s natural protective oil barrier.
- This face wash is one of the most cleansings, soothing, and deeply penetrating compared to other organic products.
- Loaded with antioxidants, this face wash will help your skin cope with UV rays and improve skin reactions and reduce acne drastically.
- The combination of argan, olive, coconut, and aloe vera oils will soon soothe even the most severe skin irritations, allowing the skin to bounce back in no time.
- Rosehip and Sea Buckthorn extracts are rich in vitamin C, which will tone your skin, hydrate it and enhance its elasticity.
- Peppermint oil, lemongrass, and green tea extract are brilliant at keeping skin soft and eliminating any possibility of bacterial infections.
- The Dr. Organic gentle face wash is balancing for oily skin to prevent any regular breakouts.
- It has tea-tree oil to act as an anti-inflammatory agent for any ongoing acne on the skin.
- Moreover, the face wash has a purifying effect of cleaning the pores and closing them from clogging.
- Your skin will get a deep clean-up without it drying too much with this gentle cleanser.
- The cleanser is free from any kind of parabens, SLS, phthalates, petroleum, glycols, mineral oils, and silicone.
- You can minimize the appearance of pores on your skin with this Chic Republic face wash with a smoothening effect on the skin.
- The face wash has coconut oil in it as a natural moisturizing agent to keep the skin hydrated.
- Additionally, it has activated charcoal to absorb any dirt and grime from the skin without stripping its natural oils.
- The product has triple tea extracts of Rooibos Tea, White Tea, and Green Tea to prevent inflammation in the skin.
- It also has vitamin C and B5 to prevent the early onset of aging in the skin.
- This TEENA Skin Care face wash has salicylic acid, which helps prevent cysts and acne on the skin.
- Moreover, the salicylic acid dries out the present acne on the skin to heal them faster.
- It gives a deep pore cleansing to the skin to clear it off any blemishes and scars.
- Your skin will have a brightening effect from the regular effect of the face wash.
- It also has hemp seed extracts to calm the skin down and remove any redness from it.
- The facewash has a smooth and gentle formula to have a softening effect on the skin.
- It has no added sulfates in the formulation that are known to cause aging and dryness.
- The vitamin C in the face wash helps build collagen in the skin to prevent lines and wrinkles.
- It does not have any synthetic fragrance that is responsible for causing allergic reactions in the skin.
- The combination of aloe juice and citric essential oil is calming and refreshing for the skin.
- InstaNatural’s Anti-Acne Cleanser clears away dead skin cells to reduce buildup, pore irritation, blackheads, cystic acne, and redness.
- This face wash is a nourishing and oil-free blend of vital ingredients that quenches dry and dehydrated skin to result in fresh, glowing skin.
- It is made to cleanse skin, slough excess oil effectively, and dulling skin cells, and have a brightening effect on facial discoloration.
- This face wash is enhanced with Lemon, Apple, Sugar Cane, Willow Bark, Chamomile, and Vitamin E.
Index Table: Top Organic Face Washes for Acne
Table of Contents
- What Causes Acne?
- 5 Acne Causing Ingredients in Face Wash
- 5 Organic Face Wash Ingredients That Destroy Acne
- Reviews: Best Organic Face Wash for Acne
- Era Organics® Aloe Honey Face Wash Organic Aloe Honey Acne-Free Face Wash
- Rugged & Dapper® Organic Face Wash Organic Tea Tree Face Wash for Men
- Tree to Tub® Nutritional Face Wash Anti-Aging Face Wash for Acne
- Christina Moss Naturals® Organic Acne Remover Organic Facial Wash for Acne Prone Skin
- Beauty By Earth® Organic Facial Cleanser Natural Face Wash for Sensitive Acne Skin
- Dr.Organic® Purifying Gentle Face Wash
- Chic Republic® Pore-reducing Smoothening Face Wash
- TEENA Skin Care® Refreshing Face Wash
- Fifth & Skin® Brightening Softening Face Wash
- InstaNatural® Anti-Acne Organic Glycolic Acid Facial Cleanser
- Index Table: Top Organic Face Washes for Acne