We shampoo our hair a few times a week and may not realize the toxic cocktail our skin and scalp absorb.
Plus, regular shampoos damage the dyed hair very quickly.
With that in mind, we have rounded up a handful of trustworthy best organic shampoo for color-treated hair below.
Why Choose Organic Shampoo for Color Treated Hair?
Is Organic Shampoo for colored hair better than regular shampoo? The shortest answer is ‘Yes, by all means!’ The best organic shampoo for color-treated hair offers a wealth of benefits to the blues, ombre, or balayage. The organic products gently infuse the hair follicles and skin cells with natural minerals, herbal extracts, and oils.
- Long Lasting – If you are looking to control premature fading and split ends, look for products with natural lupine botanicals.
- Protective – The best organic shampoo for colored hair will protect your hair from any sun damage.
- Nourishing – If your goal is to nourish the color-treated hair, you should choose aloe vera and coconut oil shampoo
- Natural Shine – You may use the best natural shampoo for color-treated hair for enhancing the shine of your colored locks, go for shampoo containing shea butter.
- It is also advised to choose the best organic hair spray and organic conditioners to retain the color and health of your color treated hair.
Chemicals To Look For In Your Regular Shampoo
Many ingredients in your daily shampoo cause cancer, respiratory and neurological problems, skin irritation, and more. Here are some additives to avoid.
- Parabens: Yes, they extend the shampoo’s shelf life, but they also become the prime reason for developing breast cancer. Wondering how? Parabens can mimic estrogen.
- Methylisothiazolinone (MIT): It is antibacterial but can severely damage your central nervous system.
- Fragrance: Synthetic fragrances are a cocktail of nasty chemicals. They can irritate the eyes, trigger inflammation, and cause respiratory issues.
- Persulfates: Sulfates of sodium, potassium, and ammonia are toxic to your lungs, eyes, skin, and many other vital organs.
- Triclosan: According to FDA, it is a pesticide, and upon chemical reaction, it forms dioxin, a potent carcinogen.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: It is a wonderful lathering agent. Unfortunately, it can cause skin allergies and dermatitis.
- Polyethylene glycol (PEG): It is a petroleum-based softener used in cosmetic products. PEG and its byproducts are carcinogens.
- Benzyl Alcohol: A preservative linked with contact allergies, skin irritation, and inflammation.
Key Botanical Ingredients In Organic Shampoo For Color Treated Hair
Here are some nourishing and moisturizing ingredients that constitute the best organic shampoo for color-treated hair.
- Lavender: Sweet scent, coupled with potent anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, make it a relaxing shampoo for colored hair.
- Rosemary: With loads of antioxidants and phytonutrients, it can protect the scalp from damage due to stressors.
- Mint: Another herbal ingredient used in shampoos for a good reason. It freshens up the scalp and wakes up the senses.
- Grapefruit: As an essential oil, grapefruit eliminates dandruff, promotes hair cell growth, and makes your hair shiny.
- Lime: The fresh, zesty aroma makes it a desirable ingredient in many organic shampoos.
- Almond Extract: It soothes a dry, itchy scalp, thanks to its excellent emollient properties.
- Sage: Sage is a potent antibacterial and anti-fungal agent that cleanses the scalp.
Reviews:Best Organic Shampoo For Color Treated Hair
Below are some of the best organic shampoo for colored hair when it comes to safeguarding your color-treated hair! Also, note that this article contains affiliate links.
- An absolutely pure vegan shampoo made with nothing but all-natural plant-based ingredients to preserve and prolong color.
- This organic shampoo is excellent for preserving the color and preventing discoloration thanks to Hibiscus extract and pea extract.
- Also included is rice extract that improves hair texture, locks moisture, and adds a healthy shine. The golden root extract offers antioxidant protection and fights off thermal stress.
- The paraben-, sulfate-, mineral oil-, gluten- and cruelty-free formula ensures all the protection your hair needs.
- Suitable for men and women alike.
- This shampoo from NatureLab is called the Perfect Smooth Shampoos and offers a bigger effect on your subtle highlights that keep fading with every wash.
- Combining bamboo stem cells, keratin, and a blend of Argan, marula, and Baobab oil provides enough nourishment, leaving the hair smooth and frizz-free.
- Forming a hydrating layer over your dyed hair, quinoa in the shampoo nourishes and moisturizes your hair without losing the external hue.
- You’ll also love the warm, soothing scent of freshly peeled Japanese yuzu.
- On top of that, it is free of harsh Sulfates, Parabens, Phthalates, Gluten, and Mineral Oil.
- It is a hydrating and thickening shampoo for color-treated hair.
- Reduces damage and breakage and clarifies dull hair.
- It has all-natural and organic ingredients.
- Wholesome botanicals and deep cleaning Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It is a pure and gentle Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and coconut conditioner for your color-treated hair.
- Clarifies and enhances the color of your hair.
- The conditioner nourishes and moisturizes dry and damaged hair.
- Also ideal for dandruff and an itchy scalp.
- The herbal Moisturising shampoo and conditioner set nourishes the Color-treated hair.
- It contains natural and organic honey and Vitamin-B with Jasmine and vanilla essential oils.
- The natural organic shampoo for colored hair has a lovely scent and deep moisturization.
- It is ideal for color-treated dry and damaged hair types.
- A wake-up therapy for the color-treated hair! Fans call it the best organic shampoo for color-treated hair because the organic castor oil and other nutrients maintain the salon-style hue for longer.
- Castor oil is essentially well hydrating and nourishing. That means it will tame frizzy hair, moisturize your scalp, and keep it strong and shiny.
- The Ricinoleic acid in castor oil is known for strengthening the strands, which protects them against damage, breakage, and hair loss.
- The organic shampoo has a nice lather and is gentle enough for everyday use.
- Choose this one if you want your hair to be clean, manageable, shiny, and weightless.
- From gentle cleansing to revitalizing the color, Innersense’s Color Awakening Hairbath does it all.
- The key ingredients in this organic shampoo are coconut and rice bran oil (for protecting and hydrating), pumpkin seed oil (increase circulation), sunflower seed oil (prevents color fading), Rooibos tea (healing and antioxidant), and cranberry seed oil (emollient).
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, and cruelty-free, this gentle formula is safe for sensitive skin.
- Fans of this natural organic shampoo for color-treated hair love that it doesn’t leave a film or weighs the hair down.
- A perfect solution for your color-treated hair, Argan oil best natural shampoo for color-treated hair, and conditioner fortify and replenishes rough-colored hair while cleansing your scalp.
- Enriched in phytonutrients from argan oil, jojoba oil, and green tea protects the colored hair from damage, frizz, and color fading. Plus, it has vitamins, protein, and phytochelatin to promote hair health.
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. This hypoallergenic best organic shampoo formula for color hair is fragrance-free with no artificial colors. It is sulfate-free, paraben-free, and silicone-free as well.
- Pure argan oil shampoo gives better results when used with its conditioner. Strengthening your hair can even prevent hair loss to a certain extent.
- It is a mild formula that is suitable for both men and women.
- Consider this strengthening and nourishing shampoo and conditioner that is safe on color-treated hair.
- The organic shampoo for color-treated hair contains all-natural and organic ingredients.
- Biotin and keratin are enriched to strengthen the hair follicles.
- It Will not strip the color from your hair and will preserve the color and hair treatments.
- Get this all-natural and organic shampoo and conditioner that is certified and approved.
- It has hair growth enhancing ingredients that will also strengthen your hair and prevent breakage.
- The best natural shampoo for color-treated hair protects your hair color and is also great to use on curly hair.
- It detoxifies and cleanses hair without stripping the color.
- Juice Organics is the best organic shampoo for color-treated hair as it is rich in antioxidants.
- It is the best natural shampoo for color-treated hair, which contains organic linseed oil.
- The blueberry and rice bran extracts of the organic shampoo for colored hair protect from sun damage.
- Moreover, it comes with a conditioner duo to keep the color-treated hair shiny and bouncy.
- Help protect against color fade with antioxidant-rich fig. This special duo blend helps nourish against
Index Table: Top Organic Shampoo For Color Treated Hair
Table of Contents
- Why Choose Organic Shampoo for Color Treated Hair?
- Chemicals To Look For In Your Regular Shampoo
- Key Botanical Ingredients In Organic Shampoo For Color Treated Hair
- Reviews:Best Organic Shampoo For Color Treated Hair
- R+CO® Gemstone Organic Color Shampoo
- NatureLab® Smooth Vegan Orgnic Shampoo
- Pura D’Or® Apple Cider Vinegar Thickening Organic Shampoo for Colored Hair
- Majestic® Pure Best Organic Shampoo and Conditioner
- Herbal Essences® BioRenew Organic Shampoo and Conditioner Set for Color Treated Hair
- Shiny Leaf® Cator Oil NaturaL Shampoo for Color Treatment
- Innersense Organic Beauty® Hairbath Organic Color Awakening Shampoo
- Maple Holistics® Argan Oil Best Natural Shampoo Set
- Luxeorganix® Biotin Organic Shampoo for Color Treated Hair
- Shiny Leaf® Castor Oil Organic Shampoo for Color Hair
- Juice Organics® Duo Organic Shampoo for Colored Hair
- Index Table: Top Organic Shampoo For Color Treated Hair