Thinning hair has become a rather common problem in modern society nowadays.
Find out more on why your hair is falling out, what ingredients you should have in your shampoo and what harmful chemical ingredients you should avoid for healthier hair.
The Top 5 Most Common Causes of Hair Loss
Hair loss or hair thinning has been proven to occur from a number of causes. These causes can either be hereditary or come from your lifestyle.
- Nutritional Deficiency – those who have a nutritional deficiency, lacking a rounded healthy diet, may begin to lose hair or suffer from thinning hair.
- Kidney Imbalances – many people have hair thinning problems when their kidneys are severely overloaded, weakened or damaged.
- Malfunctioning Hair Follicles – sensitive individuals can suffer hair loss from synthetic cosmetics or shampoos. Hair follicles have been known to begin malfunctioning when exposed to enough toxicity.
- Scalp Infections – sometimes a rampant skin infection on the scalp can cause hair to fall out.
- Hormonal Imbalances – growth hormone and other hormones are required for the healthy regrowth of hair. Our hair can fall out or stop regrowing properly if our hormones are out of balance.
Damaging Ingredients to Avoid in Hair Thinning Shampoo
Look after your hair and scalp by avoiding these ingredients in your shampoo and conditioner:
- Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) – SLS is a known carcinogen. Above that, it dries hair out, makes it brittle, creates a dry and itchy scalp and encourages hair loss.
- PEG – also known as polyethylene glycol, polyoxyethylene or polyethylene, PEG is entirely toxic to us. PEG strips the hair of moisture, leaving it dry and also stripping it of keratin (an important component of hair growth).
- Parabens – parabens are a group of compounds (e.g., methylparaben) that are used to prolong the shelf life of shampoo. Parabens are dangerous to our health, however, destroying our hormonal balance and eventually promoting hair loss.
- Formaldehyde – formaldehyde is one of the most infamous of all synthetic compounds added to shampoo. Preservatives added to shampoo like Quaternium-15 release formaldehyde into the product, making it very toxic. Formaldehyde has been linked to the development of cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and more.
- Propylene glycol – This is a substance that is used in cars as antifreeze! For much the same reason one would not drink antifreeze, one should not be putting it on their heads and letting it seep through their skin (even if in daily microdoses).
The Best Organic Ingredients for Hair Growth
Fortunately, there are several hair restorative organic ingredients that tackle hair loss from the root of the problem!
- Stem Cells – stem cells have been shown to help regrow hair as well as restore skin and hair to perfection. Those who are nutritionally depleted will benefit from using this as a hair replacement therapy.
- Biotin – biotin is one of the primary nutrients needed by the body to maintain healthy hair, skin, and nails. When we are stressed or depleted of nutrition, our biotin reserves get depleted.
- Argan Oil – argan oil is fully loaded with soothing, hair restorative compounds that have shown to boost hair growth and even reverse hair loss completely.
- B Vitamins – organic extracts of fruits or vegetables with B vitamins in them will help your hair follicles to function optimally. They have also shown to contribute to improving the quality of hair. Pomegranates and blueberries are examples of fruit that are rich in B vitamins.
- Herbs – most herbs have antimicrobial properties that prevent scalp infections, which encourage hair thinning. Look out for rosemary, sage, tea tree, basil, thyme or origanum extract if you have an itchy scalp!
Reviews: Organic Shampoo for Thinning Hair
Here below we have a carefully selected list of shampoos that protect against thinning hair and hair loss.
- Strengthen and revitalise your hair with this wonderful argan oil based shampoo!
- The nourishing properties of argan oil will re-youth your skin and help your hair follicles to function optimally.
- Let your hair shine and indulge it with bilberry extract and oats for a very soft, luscious appeal.
- The shampoo contains organic lemon and orange citrus extract which is great for stripping excessive oils from your hair without drying it out.
- Cane sugar included in this recipe may sound dubious, but it also doubles as a nourishing scalp treatment, scrubbing away dandruff effectively.
- Here is a fantastic organic shampoo that has been enriched meticulously with only the best quality hair growth nutrients.
- Vitamin B5, biotin and zinc all work hand in hand to get your hair follicles active again.
- Olive and coconut oil in this shampoo protect against harmful toxins, as well as destroying any fungal infections your scalp may have.
- Soften up your hair with jojoba oil, found inside this shampoo’s gorgeous blend of complementary ingredients.
- Tea tree oil helps to destroy any fungus or bacteria, controlling for dandruff by cleaning and protecting the scalp.
- Evening primrose oil added here is perfect for soothing an irritated scalp and contributes to a healthy hormonal balance in the body.
- This shampoo is so rich in natural ingredients that not only will your hair return to great shape after prolonged usage, but your skin and mind are likely to become clearer too!
- Enhanced with more than just biotin, this shampoo has natural biotin carriers to help deliver the biotin efficiently to where it’s needed the most!
- The combination of eucalyptus, rosemary, sage, and other herbal oils promote a healthy scalp and oil secretion.
- Ginger, lavender and other soothing floral extractions have been used to reduce all inflammation and protect against the sun.
- Comes included with many more vitamins and minerals to restore the hair back to radiance!
- PhytoWorx have specially formulated an incredible hair regrowth formula, tackling the problem deeper than your roots!
- Rare plant stem cells from Switzerland rapidly work to allow hair to grow back on its own!
- Nourishing extracts such as pomegranate and green tea are full of phytochemicals that re-youth, revitalize and restrengthen hair.
- Cucumber extract helps to keep moisture in the hair and prevents drying out as well as dandruff.
- Ginger root is a fantastic antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory compound for those with very sensitive or itchy scalps.
- Free from any toxic ingredients.
- If you have seriously damaged hair or hair that is drier than sand on a hot day, this is the organic shampoo made for you!
- An impressive array of volumizing and nutrient dense oils work together in this product to repair your hair, maintaining it in a perfect condition.
- Strengthen your hair naturally with argan, avocado, and almond oil, all of which are rich in hair protective vitamin E.
- Camellia seed oil acts to soothe the scalp and reduce all skin or hair irritations you may have.
- Keep your hair from falling out as well as moisturized and strong with Baebody’s keratin enhanced organic shampoo.
Comparison Table: Top-Rated Organic Shampoo for Thinning Hair
|1||LT Organics Nourishing Organic Argan Shampoo - Hair Protective Organic Hair Growth Shampoo||LT Organics||95|
|2||Honeydew Anti Dandruff Hair Growth Shampoo - Organic Biotin Shampoo for Thinning Hair||Honeydew||97|
|3||Avalon Organics B Complex Organic Hair Shampoo - Organic Biotin Vitamin B Hair Thickening Shampoo||Avalon Organics||98|
|4||PhytoWorx Organic Hair Recovery Shampoo - Organic Plant Stem Cell Hair Regrowth Shampoo||PhytoWorx||96|
|5||Baebody Argan Oil Shampoo for Thinning Hair - Restorative Organic Argan Oil Shampoo||Baebody||95|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- The Top 5 Most Common Causes of Hair Loss
- Damaging Ingredients to Avoid in Hair Thinning Shampoo
- The Best Organic Ingredients for Hair Growth
- Reviews: Organic Shampoo for Thinning Hair
- LT Organics® Nourishing Organic Argan Shampoo Hair Protective Organic Hair Growth Shampoo
- Honeydew® Anti Dandruff Hair Growth Shampoo Organic Biotin Shampoo for Thinning Hair
- Avalon Organics® B Complex Organic Hair Shampoo Organic Biotin Vitamin B Hair Thickening Shampoo
- PhytoWorx® Organic Hair Recovery Shampoo Organic Plant Stem Cell Hair Regrowth Shampoo
- Baebody® Argan Oil Shampoo for Thinning Hair Restorative Organic Argan Oil Shampoo
- Comparison Table: Top-Rated Organic Shampoo for Thinning Hair