You’ve probably heard a good thing or two about organic conditioner and are now wondering where you can get some.
Below we discuss why organic conditioner is the best for your hair, why synthetics are harmful, a few organic ingredients to look for as well as where you can purchase the best organic conditioner.
Why Organic Conditioner is the Best for Your Hair
Here are 5 good reasons why organic conditioner is better than synthetic conditioner:
- Chemical Free – When the ingredients are 100% organic, it means they were grown in an environment that did not use chemicals or sprays. Using non-organic herbal extracts and the like still contain all the sprays they used during the farming process. These chemical sprays have been linked to neurological disorders, dandruff and worse.
- Rich In Antioxidants – Organic conditioner contains many more antioxidants than non-organic conditioner. These are the compounds that your body needs to be on top of its game, including your hair! Antioxidants protect against radiation, stress, and illness, as well as repairing tissues.
- Promotes Hair Growth – Organic conditioner promotes healthy hair growth by replenishing nutrients back into the scalp that the body needs to achieve this.
- Healthy pH Balance – Many synthetic conditioners are either far too acidic or alkaline, which destroys the natural pH of the scalp. If the scalp is not at the right pH, dandruff or scalp infections are often the result. Luckily, organic conditioner and shampoo are usually at a perfect pH for the scalp and hair, maintaining a healthy environment up there.
- Prevents Scalp Problems – The harsh chemicals used in synthetic conditioners strip away natural oils of the scalp and cause skin irritation or dandruff. The organic hair conditioner does the opposite, working with your skin’s natural defenses and soothing any inflammation.
Synthetic Conditioner Ingredients To Avoid & Why
Now let’s take a closer look at why synthetic conditioner is the worst thing you could use on your hair…
- Preservatives – Preservatives such as parabens, sulfates, benzoates or even formaldehyde are all highly carcinogenic! Avoid artificial preservatives such as these and rather opt for Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) or natural oils to preserve your conditioner.
- Fragrances – Fragrances smell divine, but they are often a concoction of chemicals, heavy metals, and alcohols, all of which are damaging to your hair. There is a whole world of organic essential oils that smell even better and are exceptionally healthy when it comes to scenting your hair.
- Thickeners or Emulsifiers – Thickeners or emulsifiers are used as the base of conditioners, giving them their thick and easily spreadable appeal. These emulsifiers gunk up your pores and also cause your scalp to have irritations and problems. This is because they are often made of petrochemicals, which are quite carcinogenic.
- Alcohols – Alcohols (anything synthetic sounding that ends in -iol or -ol) are very damaging to hair and skin. They are used to strip away oils to “clean hair,” but they tend to strip away too much as well as burn or irritate the skin.
Best Organic Conditioner Ingredients
The below ingredients constitute some of the best features of organic conditioner, soothing and enriching your hair with a natural vibrancy that many of our ancestors knew about for thousands of years.
- Argan Oil – Argan oil is also known as ‘liquid gold’ because of its priceless ability to repair hair, skin, and nails. Having this in your conditioner will nourish all your hair follicles, strengthen them and allow for rapid hair growth.
- Sage – Any of the sage plants from clary sage to mint will help to keep your scalp free of infection as well as soothe any skin irritations you may have.
- Rosemary – Rosemary has been used in the Mediterranean region for centuries in hair remedies. The Romans and Greeks have long associated rosemary with remembrance and science has backed this up by showing how rosemary can improve memory. In conditioner, rosemary strengthens hair follicles, kills infections and promotes a natural sheen.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is one of the best oils and should be included in nearly all cosmetic products. Saturated with vitamin E, olive oil allows for all the other antioxidants in your conditioner to penetrate deep into your scalp where they will have the biggest effect on your hair. Oleic acid found in olive oil also has a profound softening effect on hair, making it feel silky smooth.
- Manuka Honey – All honey has a wonderful preserving effect, aiding the scalp from picking up infections. Manuka honey has especially potent medicinal effects and is recommended for those with scalp dermatitis and other similar conditions.
Reviews: Best Organic Hair Conditioner
Take your pick from our best selection of organic conditioners, all of which will keep your hair looking radiant and feeling soft!
- If your hair is falling out or becoming too brittle for your liking, then this organic conditioner ‘Fertile Roots’ is the one for you!
- Complete with a great selection of Ayurvedic herbs and antioxidants, this organic condition is designed to strengthen hair and promote hair growth.
- Clary Sage and Rosemary both work together to prevent itching, infection, and dandruff while simultaneously softening hair.
- Lavender and Ginger extracts used in this formula will soothe any scalp irritation as well as promote hair luster and sheen.
- Made with a wide selection of 100% organic ingredients, all of which are designed for sensitive skin and hair.
- This organic conditioner was specially formulated from 16 certified organic botanicals to help control and detangle frizzy hair.
- Ideal for hair that has been treated with color, this conditioner is sulfate free, making it more gentle than other conditioners.
- Indulge your scalp in the added vitamins and nutrients, all of which will strengthen your hair and give it a natural radiance.
- This organic conditioner is free from fragrance and has a pleasant mild scent.
- Perfect for those with sensitive scalps which are looking for an all-natural hair-enriching shampoo!
- Here is a conditioner that is 100% organic and natural, able to biodegrade into the garden after being used to wash your hair.
- Treat dandruff with the complex array of organic ingredients and plant extracts found inside this organic conditioner.
- Free from chemicals, GMOs, preservatives, parabens, sulfates, colors, dyes or fragrances, making it perfect for those who have multiple chemical sensitivity.
- This conditioner keeps hair at the right pH, encouraging fewer scalp infections and stronger hair.
- The inclusion of chamomile and other soothing flowers helps to reduce inflammation and scalp irritation.
- For those of you who suffer from dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis, then this is the ideal conditioner for your scalp type.
- Tested for the perfect pH balance, this conditioner sits at 5.5 which is precisely what sensitive skin requires.
- Manuka honey used in this conditioner is full of soothing, anti-inflammatory compounds which work to reverse dermatitis.
- The combo of Cehami and Aloe Vera extracts alleviates itching and redness as well as promotes healthy hair follicles.
- This organic conditioner is so gentle that even children and babies can use it and reap all the benefits.
- ArtNaturals specializes in crafting premium organic argan oil hair products, including this organic conditioner.
- The argan oil helps to regrow hair as well as strengthen hair follicles and imbed nutrients at a deeper layer of the scalp.
- Complete with rosemary and thyme, this organic conditioner also prevents scalp infections such as cradle cap.
- White willow bark and burdock root are full of antioxidants such as resveratrol which work together to protect your hair from stress and radiation.
- Aloe vera extract ensures your hair has just the right amount of natural oils that it needs and helps promote a healthy sheen.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Hair Conditioner
|1||Laritellle Fortifying Organic Conditioner - Organic Conditioner for Hair Growth||Laritellle||97|
|2||Nurture My Body Nourishing Conditioner - Organic Conditioner for All Hair Types||Nurture My Body||96|
|3||Avalon Organic Conditioner - Medicated Organic Conditioner for Weak Hair||Avalon||97|
|4||Wild Naturals Balance Organic Conditioner - Organic Conditioner for Skin Conditions||Wild Naturals||98|
|5||ArtNaturals Organic Argan Conditioner - Organic Conditioner for Hair Restoration||ArtNaturals||97|
Table of Contents
- Why Organic Conditioner is the Best for Your Hair
- Synthetic Conditioner Ingredients To Avoid & Why
- Best Organic Conditioner Ingredients
- Reviews: Best Organic Hair Conditioner
- Laritellle® Fortifying Organic Conditioner Organic Conditioner for Hair Growth
- Nurture My Body® Nourishing Conditioner Organic Conditioner for All Hair Types
- Avalon® Organic Conditioner Medicated Organic Conditioner for Weak Hair
- Wild Naturals® Balance Organic Conditioner Organic Conditioner for Skin Conditions
- ArtNaturals® Organic Argan Conditioner Organic Conditioner for Hair Restoration
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Hair Conditioner