Hair wax is used every morning when we style the hair. Therefore, it is a good idea to choose a product without unwanted chemicals—i.e., organic hair wax.
Several brands offer 100% organic hair wax. None of the ingredients included will have adverse effects on your hair, your skin, or the environment in general.
Conventional Hair Wax: Side-effects
Everything has its hits and miss, and hair wax (read: ‘regular’, ‘conventional’) is no exception. Let’s have a look on the side effects of your regular hair wax which you may be unaware about:
Can cause hair loss: Using hair wax way too frequently might cause excessive hair loss. So use it in moderation.
Can damage your hair: Your regular hair wax is made from various chemicals, which can cause scalp and hair damage. The chemicals may damage hair follicles by altering the oxygen supply to the scalp.
Greasy hair: After applying hair wax, you will be left with a greasy and oily scalp. Wash it thoroughly to prevent hair damage.
Wax build up: Between washes, chemicals in the hair wax may oxidize and break down into potentially irritating substances. This, in turn, translates into the dry, itchy, irritated scalp.
Can disrupt endocrine system: Preservatives and chemicals in the hair wax can contribute to endocrine-disrupting effects, collectively known as the ‘cocktail effect’.
All About Applying Organic Hair Wax
Now that you’re well aware of the importance of avoiding regular chemical hair wax, here’s what you need to know while applying an organic hair wax.
Dry Your Hair – Your best bet when applying organic hair wax is to dry your hair completely while achieving the desired look. Applying wax to wet hair can cause dryness and reduce hair volume.
Use as little product as possible – You will still be able to achieve the style that you desire.
Heat It – Hair waxes usually have a harder consistency when you first open them, but the product will soften if you heat it.
Spread the Wax Thinly – Start with a dime-sized product and work spread it on your palms, fingertips, and between your fingers.
Keep the Wax Off Your Scalp – to avoid a greasy look.
What Makes a Good Hair Wax?
Good ingredients: You want to look for hair wax that is made of organic/botanical ingredients. For instance, try to get products that are rich in natural oils/amino acids, so your hair doesn’t get stripped of its’ natural oils. Avoid alcohol-containing product, as it dries up your hair.
Product Base: Petrolatum-based hair wax is too strong and can strip away your hair’s natural oils. Opt for soy wax or beeswax-based products that are softer, easier to wash off, and prevents wax buildup. This will save you from dandruff, hair loss, and itchy scalp.
Hold and finish: Hold can range from low to medium, high, super high, or industrial level hold. To determine the right level of hold you’d want.
Organic certifications: Certifications ensure your product has less or no harmful chemicals in the formulation.
Reviews: Best Organic Hair Wax For Men And Women
Whether you are sporting curly, wavy, straight, long or short hair, it doesn’t matter since an organic hair wax is the best bet. Having said that, get to know the five best organic hair wax brands in the market today by scrolling down.
- With Mister Pompadour Hair Wax, you can achieve even the most complex hairdos with ease. It offers high holding to keep your hair the way you want it to be.
- The key ingredients of Beeswax, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Lanolin Wax, Castor oil, and more make it one effective blend to use on your hair.
- Ideal for all hair lengths, types, and styles, it comes free of alcohol, parabens, and sodium chloride.
- With this wax, all it takes is one post-shower application, and you are done. And, it has amazing long-lasting results.
- For those of you who always have a ‘soft corner’ for pomades, this is one perfect brand. It contains four organically sourced ingredients (Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Carnauba Wax, and Pine Essential Oil) to grow strong and thick hair.
- With this product, no matter how unruly your hair gets, you simply need to apply a single coat, and you are done for the day.
- It contains no harmful or artificial chemicals and works as an all-rounder to improve the health of your hair.
- Other valid reasons to buy: it is 100% USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Cruelty-Free, Paraben-Free, Sulfate-Free,
- Preservative-Free and SLS-Free.
- More flexible hold, perfect finish! A blend of all-natural ingredients (like Beeswax, Lanolin wax, Coconut oil, and Argan oil) make this one as good for your hair.
- The herbal ingredients give every individual strand separation and coating, making your hair more manageable and stylish.
- The wax stays intact even in humid or windy weather, which means you can head out anywhere you like without worrying about hairstyle management.
- Suitable for both men and women, this product has no harsh chemicals, alcohol, paraben, or sodium chloride.
- With this product, you’ll have the confidence you need as it has a pleasant smell that’s not overpowering.
- When it comes to natural hair wax brands, there are few who have managed to maintain the level of standards and quality. And MaxWax Natural Hair Wax happens to be one of those products.
- It is perfect in the sense that it gives you a matte finish and uses herbal ingredients so that you never have to face any adverse effects.
- It uses Hydrolyzed wheat protein, which is not just great for repairing but also moisturizes and prevents breakage.
- The wax also contains Aloe Vera, which is a revolutionary product since it hydrates hair, stimulates blood circulation, and improves oxygen transportation.
- There are certain things which you must expect from your hair wax brand. And Kenra Platinum manages to check all boxes on that list.
- The product is safe to use, and at the same time, it is also not tested on animals.
- The hair wax is specialized to bring out soft, movable feel. Plus, it also gives that long-lasting matte look that every woman craves for.
- And with this best natural hair wax for women, it isn’t just about a single style, for it lets you experiment many, many styles each passing day.
- This hair pomade is made with 11 certified organic ingredients and contains no petroleum products.
- It prevents environmental damage and protects against heat from styling tools employing Mango butter that provides moisture as well.
- This hair wax prevents dryness with Olive oil and Babassu oil that stimulates and moisturizes the hair shaft.
- Mango butter and pure essential oils were chosen for their potent conditioning and styling power.
- It moisturizes using all-natural ingredients to tame dry, frizzy hair.
- This product is hand ccrafted in the USA.
- Organic beard wax is used for hair control.
- It is made with all-natural and organic ingredients that soften and conditions to tame unruly beard hairs.
- This salon-quality product is non-toxic, Chemical Free, Vegan, GMO-Free, Gluten Free, as well as cruelty-free.
- It provides a light hold on the hair, adds shine, and naturally enhances curls.
- This product is made in the USA.
- This certified Organic and 100% Natural Hair Pomade is handcrafted in Denmark.
- It provides medium hold with a great shine.
- This hair wax is made with oil and wax, so it could be a little greasy.
- It provides a medium-soft hold and is suitable for all kinds of hair, long or short.
- This handcrafted product is free from any chemicals or synthetic ingredients.
- It contains Organic Argan, Jojoba, and Almond Oil, as well as Organic beeswax, Lanolin, Organic Shea Butter, and Organic Coconut Oil and some essential oils (Organic Lime, Patchouli, Orange, tee tree), to nourish and tame the hair.
- It carries the USDA Organic seal, that guarantees that this organic pomade contains at least 95% organic ingredients and meets the highest processing standards as defined by the USDA.
- All ingredients used in this pomade are certified organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Cruelty-Free, and Handcrafted. This organic pomade does not contain any mineral oil.
- It is also free of any toxic chemicals, Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, Petroleum, Preservatives, or any Artificial Coloring or Fragrances.
- This Organic Hair Pomade helps with dry scalp, healthy hair growth as well as scalp maintenance and promotes shiny and soft hair.
- It is light and not heavy on the scalp.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Hair Wax
|1||Mister Pompadour Natural - Beeswax Paste||Mister Pompadour||98.9|
|2||Chronos And Creed Certified Organic - Hair Pomade||Chronos And Creed||98.5|
|3||Black Widow Executive Brand Razor Natural - Matte Finish Hair Styling Wax||Black Widow Executive Brand Razor||98.1|
|4||MaxWax Natural - Hair Styling Wax||MaxWax||97.6|
|5||Kenra Platinum Natural - Texturizing Taffy||Kenra Platinum||97.2|
|6||John Masters Moisturizing - Organic Hair Pomade||John Masters||96.8|
|7||Honest Amish Extra Grit - Organic Beard Hair Wax||Honest Amish||96.3|
|8||Shear Miracle Organics Salon Quality - Bee Wax Hair Pomade||Shear Miracle Organics||95.9|
|9||Golden Beards Medium Hold - Wax & Oil Base Hair Pomade||Golden Beards||95.4|
|10||Earth's Enrichments Hair Growth - Scalp and Root Wax Pomade||Earth's Enrichments||95.11|
Table of Contents
- Conventional Hair Wax: Side-effects
- All About Applying Organic Hair Wax
- What Makes a Good Hair Wax?
- Reviews: Best Organic Hair Wax For Men And Women
- Mister Pompadour® Natural Beeswax Paste
- Chronos And Creed® Certified Organic Hair Pomade
- Black Widow Executive Brand Razor® Natural Matte Finish Hair Styling Wax
- MaxWax® Natural Hair Styling Wax
- Kenra Platinum® Natural Texturizing Taffy
- John Masters® Moisturizing Organic Hair Pomade
- Honest Amish® Extra Grit Organic Beard Hair Wax
- Shear Miracle Organics® Salon Quality Bee Wax Hair Pomade
- Golden Beards® Medium Hold Wax & Oil Base Hair Pomade
- Earth's Enrichments® Hair Growth Scalp and Root Wax Pomade
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Hair Wax