Anyone who’s using hair care products knows how the umpteen chemicals can hurt the health and damage hair. And, hair gels aren’t any exception. Common chemicals found in hair gels are parabens, propylene, formaldehyde, and phthalates.
Thank goodness there are several organic hair gels on the market! Here, we have rounded up some of the best organic hair gel brands – they are chosen for the naturalness and safety.
Why Choose Organic Hair Gel Products
Organic hair gels have a few advantages over their synthetic counterparts, beginning with little or no chemicals.
By replacing chemicals with essential oils and botanical ingredients, you’ll decrease the risk of eye and scalp irritation.
When it comes to the consequences of using regular hair gels, dull and lifeless hair is just the tip of the iceberg.
Since gentler plant-based ingredients are used in place of nasty fillers, most organic hair gel brands are cruelty-free, and many are vegan.
As with organic hair gels, the fragrance comes from essential oils and botanical extracts. Most importantly, the methods used to grow or harvest these plants are environmentally-friendly.
Ultimately, choosing an organic hair gel shows your commitment to a wide variety of eco-friendly, socially responsible, and healthy practices.
The Many Benefits of Organic Natural Hair Gel
You’re Helping out the Environment: Whatever excess chemicals aren’t absorbed by your hair, are washed down the drain, where they can contaminate the environment. Since they are mostly biodegradable and all-natural, organic hair gel is safe for the environment and won’t pollute water or oil when they are used or disposed of.
Safer to use: Unlike chemically enhanced hair gels, organic hair gels are safer to use as they do not cause skin irritation, itchiness in scalp or hair loss, which in this case we also recommend an organic shampoo for hair loss.
No chemicals: Being enriched with essential oils, fruit extracts, aloe vera, and chamomile, natural hair gels have no preservatives or chemicals that may affect your health.
Better value: Organic hair gels come with a hefty price tag compared to the non-organic counterparts. However, when you weigh the pros with the cons, you’ll find that organic hair gels are more bang for your buck.
Promote hair health: chemical-laden hair gels help adding volume to hair, but they are damaging for hair health in the long run. Natural hair gels give the hair plenty of nutrients it needs to grow healthy, strong hair.
Factors to Consider While Buying Natural Hair Gel
You don’t want to apply something to your hair only to find out that it causes dullness, dryness, or hair fall. That is why it’s important to choose your hair care product with great care and consideration.
- Ingredients: The best safe organic hair gels would contain natural, nourishing ingredients that are completely safe your health. Some examples of safe ingredients include coconut oil, chamomile, aloe vera, jojoba, witch hazel, etc.
Your hairstyle: The next thing to consider is the hairstyle you’re planning to do with your hair. When looking at different brands, think about the style you want to achieve.
Your Hair type: Knowing the hair type is essential to choose the organic hair gels that work best for you. The most common hair types include wavy, straight, kinky, and curly.
Your hair texture: Last but not least, it is crucial to consider your hair texture (coarse, medium or fine). Generally, it’s easy to pick hair gels for medium-textured hair. For fine hair, you need a gel with a good hold whereas for coarse hair, choose one that offers proper moisturization.
Gel’ Hold: hair gel’s hold refers to its strength for keeping your hair in place. An organic hair gel with a stronger hold will ‘set’ your style in place, so the need for restyling is less. A weaker hold means that you can restyle the way you want. Meanwhile, a medium hold indicates that you can’t do complicated styling.
Reviews: Best Organic Natural Hair Gel Brands
One of the best in hair care, Andalou Naturals, has managed to create this fantastic product called Sunflower & Citrus Brilliant Shine Styling Gel, and it ultimately manages to live up to the promises it makes.
First of all, it supports shine, strength & smooth hair, and lessen the look of split ends or frizz. Thanks to the sunflower oil, citrus & vitamin E combo.
Secondly, it is entirely safe – it’s organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, Sustainable, Fair Trade, cruelty-free & nature derived.
Furthermore, it is suitable for all kinds of hair types. It doesn’t matter whether you have curly, wavy, or straight wavy hair.
Also, it can just as easily be used by women as by men and happens to provide a stronghold without having stiff, crusty hair. You’ll love its light, pleasant smell.
While GIOVANNI Eco Chic L.A. Natural Styling Gel may qualify as a budget choice, there’s nothing cheap about it. Instead, it’s one of the best vegan hair gels available today.
What makes it so good? A lot of reasons, really, including its extraordinary ingredients, durable holding power, and of course, Eco-Chic-Technology.
We will be remiss if we don’t mention it’s frizz-fighting effects – thanks to Grapefruit seed extract and Aloe Vera leaf juice. It also comes packed with vitamins and antioxidants to alleviate dryness and add shine to your hair.
Giovanni hair gel contains no parabens, no sodium lauryl/Laureth sulfate, or other chemicals typically used in conventional hair gel brands.
Max Green Alchemy’s Scalp Rescue Styling Gel gets high marks from a variety of reviewers – and users – for many reasons, not the least of which is its versatility.
This safer and organic hair gel is formulated to work with all hair types and thicknesses, curly or straight, and is especially beneficial for those with dry or oily scalps.
And once you get your favorite style, you don’t have to worry about it falling out of place. Thanks to the firmness and control it gives.
Another thing to like about this organic hair styling gel is that it’s vegan, and its list of ingredients includes essentials oils of lavender, geranium, tea tree, lemon tea tree, and rosemary.
Safe for color-treated hair, it supports dandruff treatment, psoriasis of the scalp, and dry and itching scalps. With zero ‘nasty’ ingredients, this is the safest choice to style your hair.
The favorite of many, many men and women, you owe it to yourself to give this organic hair gel a try.
There’s a lot to like about it, including its gluten, dairy, soy, and GMO-free composition, organic herbs, essential oils, and more.
USDA Certified Organic with zero petroleum-based ingredients; it is also free from PEG, ceteareth, polyethylene, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, or Coco-Betain.
This organic gel is excellent for molding your hair into your preferred style and provides all-day resilience. And yes, it doesn’t leave a white residue on the hair. Win-win!
You can apply Nature’s Brands organic hair gel to wet or dry hair. Blow drying your hair after you apply it will help you get the best-ever styling results.
People who use Simple Suds Co. natural hair styling gel swear by them, and it is only because of its clean ingredient list. Also, the product is alcohol-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, dye-free, and free from synthetic fragrances.
This lightweight formula is a casual hold gel and is especially perfect for that carefree and relaxed look that goes for all kinds of occasions.
Furthermore, it is perfectly suitable for all hair types and is, in fact, a non-greasy, non-sticky, and non-drying formula. It is very gentle and is more of an anti-frizz gel than something with a super strong hold.
Designed, developed, and made in the USA, this contains practically no nasties and is cruelty-Free and Vegan by PETA. And yes, it is Dermatologist tested to be Hypoallergenic and Safe for Sensitive Skin, as well.
- All-natural vitamin-enriched and conditioning hair gel.
- It offers a firm to medium hold and protects your hair from heat damage.
- It contains protein-rich Chia seed oils and Quinoa proteins.
- The antioxidant tea blend protects color-treated hair.
- PVP free, vegan, Gluten-free, and Silicone-free.
- It offers a hard and extreme hold to resistant fly-aways and frizz.
- It is humidity and wind-resistant.
- It is made with natural and organic ingredients that also nourishes the hair.
- An excellent choice for the treatment of dandruff and psoriasis.
- Made with 90% natural organic ingredients and is completely chemical-free.
- It will provide you with a strong and flake-free hole and smooth flyaways and frizz.
- Ideal for all hair types and even children’s hair.
- Natural and nourishing for your hair.
- A Nourishing and conditioning hair Gel that also helps to smooth out split ends.
- It offers excellent shine and strength along with a light hold.
- It is made from all-natural and organic plant-based ingredients.
- Non-GMO project verified and safe.
- This hair gel comes in different quality and pack options to choose from.
- Paraben and sulfate-free all-natural and organic ingredients are used.
- A natural light holds hair gel that is also safe for children.
- No Fragrances or chemicals are used in this product.
- This is a strong holding Gel made from natural and organic materials.
- Add body and a finished look to all hair types.
- The antioxidant tea in the ingredients helps to protect color-treated hair and prevents fading.
- PVP, Silicone and Gluten and Paraben free, made from vegan ingredients that are cruelty-free.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Natural Hair Gel
|1||Andalou Naturals Sunflower & Citrus - Brilliant Shine Styling Gel||Andalou Naturals||97|
|2||GIOVANNI Natural - Styling Gel||GIOVANNI||98|
|3||Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue - Organic Unisex Hair Gel||Max Green Alchemy||98|
|4||Nature's Brands Herbal Choice Mari - Organic Hair Gel||Nature's Brands||97|
|5||Simple Suds Co Natural - Styling Gel||Simple Suds Co||97|
|6||Aubrey Chia - Organic Hair Gel||Aubrey||98|
|7||Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue - Organic Hair Gel||Max Green Alchemy||96|
|8||Majestic Pure Aloe - Organic Aloe Vera Gel for Hair||Majestic Pure||98|
|9||Andanou naturals - Organic Hair Gel||Andanou||96|
|10||Little Roseberry Kids - Kid’s Organic Hair Gel||Little Roseberry||97|
|11||Aubrey Organics Chia - Certified Organic Hair Gel||Aubrey Organics||97|
Table of Contents
- Why Choose Organic Hair Gel Products
- The Many Benefits of Organic Natural Hair Gel
- Factors to Consider While Buying Natural Hair Gel
- Reviews: Best Organic Natural Hair Gel Brands
- Andalou Naturals® Sunflower & Citrus Brilliant Shine Styling Gel
- GIOVANNI® Natural Styling Gel
- Max Green Alchemy® Scalp Rescue Organic Unisex Hair Gel
- Nature's Brands® Herbal Choice Mari Organic Hair Gel
- Simple Suds Co® Natural Styling Gel
- Aubrey® Chia Organic Hair Gel
- Max Green Alchemy® Scalp Rescue Organic Hair Gel
- Majestic Pure® Aloe Organic Aloe Vera Gel for Hair
- Andanou ® naturals Organic Hair Gel
- Little Roseberry® Kids Kid’s Organic Hair Gel
- Aubrey Organics® Chia Certified Organic Hair Gel
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Natural Hair Gel