Vitamin C, also known as Ascorbic Acid, is a water-soluble vitamin. It is an essential nutrient for skin, bone, and production of some Neurotransmitters. It also functions as an Anti-Oxidant.
Our body is unable to synthesize Vitamin C endogenously. It occurs naturally in some fruits and vegetables and is available as a dietary supplement.
Read about the benefits and uses of Vitamin C in detail down below.
Functions of Vitamin C
- Repairs Body Tissues – It is necessary for the growth, development, and repair of all body tissues because of its role in collagen formation. It also plays a role in the production of Norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter.
- Protects Bones & Cartilage – Cartilage is a type of firm tissue that covers bones. Vitamin C reduces the risk of cartilage loss in Osteoarthritis and hence protects the bones from fractures or breaks.
- Makes Nerves Strong – It is essential for the Enzymatic Production of Neurotransmitters.
- Acts as an Antioxidant – It fights free radicals in the body, which helps prevent or delay diseases like Cancer, Arthritis, and Heart problems and promotes healthy aging. It also inhibits damage to cells. It strengthens the barriers of the skin.
Benefits of Vitamin C
- Protects from Cardiovascular Disease – People with high concentrations of Vitamin C in their system have a 42% lower stroke risk. It also reduces the risk factors of heart disease like High Blood pressure, High Cholesterol, etc. It also widens the blood vessels.
- Helps in Healing & Infections – It reduces the duration of the common cold. It also lowers Histamine levels in the body, which reduces Inflammation.
- Improves Skin – Higher Vitamin C intake lowers the likelihood of wrinkled appearance and dryness, and also somewhat repairs it if it has already happened. This is because it produces Collagen in the body, which keeps the skin firm and supple.
- Prevents and Cures Scurvy – Scurvy is a physical condition that occurs because of extreme Vitamin C deficiency and is characterized by swollen joints. Bleedings gums, tiredness, etc. You can recover from Scurvy by bringing your Vitamin C levels up.
- Strengthens Immune System – It is very beneficial to individuals whose Immune System is weakened due to stress or otherwise. It does so by contributing to the immune defense of both innate and adaptive cellular functions in the Immune system by encouraging the production of white blood cells. It is the first nutrient to be depleted in Alcoholics, Smokers, etc.
- Helps in Cases of Anemia – It lowers the risk of Anemia as it enhances the absorption of Iron in the blood and body.
Organic Vs Synthetic Vitamin C
Vitamin C usually comes in two forms, namely L-Ascorbic Acid and D-Ascorbic Acid. Vitamin C Supplements usually contain L-Ascorbic.
It is naturally present in some fruits and vegetables like Citrus fruits, Kiwi, Strawberries, Broccoli, and Raw bell peppers.
- Organic Vitamin C – For a Vitamin C product to be Organic, it needs to be made from a real food source or an organic whole food blend. Vitamin C is most commonly made organically from Acerola extract, fresh Berries, and Cherries.
- Synthetic Vitamin C – Vitamin C made synthetically is made from Ascorbic Acid.
Reviews: Best Organic Vitamin C
Given below are some of the Best Organic Vitamin C products available.
- It promotes Tissue and Skin Health and also supports the Immune System.
- It contains Amla Berry powder, which is rich in Vitamin C.
- It includes Bioflavonoids and co-nutrients for better absorption.
- It does not have any added sugar and is available in Cherry and Orange flavor Liquid Spray.
- It is USDA Organic, and Non-GMO verified.
- It is made from Organic Wild berries including Camu Camu, Acerola & Amla.
- It does not include any Synthetic Ascorbic Acid.
- It has 100% berry-sourced Flavonoids.
- It strengthens the Immune System and provides extra support. It also promotes Anti-Oxidant activity.
- It is made from Organic Superfoods like Amla, Camu Camu berry and unripe Acerola cherry.
- It contains unripe Acerola cherries, which include 120 times more Vitamin C than Orange.
- It helps vital functions in the body like Nutrient absorption and Energy level regulation.
- It is free of Synthetic fillers and Gluten. It is also Non-GMO verified.
- It is derived from the finest Whole Food Organic ingredients.
- It includes Lemon-Lime citrus bioflavonoids to help absorption.
- It has the added benefit of Organic Antioxidant Berry Blend to fight free radicals.
- This rich natural and organic Vitamin C supports the Immune System and has strong Antioxidant properties.
- It is USDA certified, Non-GMO verified, and Vegan-friendly.
- It can be mixed into a Smoothie or Shake using the given measuring scoop.
- It can be taken in Powder form for higher concentration and better absorption.
- It is made of Organic products.
- It is a combination of vitamin C rich organic foods like Camu Camu berry, Acerola berry, Amla berry, Rosehips, and Goji berry.
- It is hand-made and free of fillers, flavors, and chemicals.
- It is Fresh, Gluten-free, and Non-GMO verified.
Index Table: Top-Rated Best Organic Vitamin C
|1||Garden of Life Vitamin C with Amla - mykind Organic Whole Food Supplement Spray||Garden of Life||98.1|
|2||Pure Synergy Pure Radiance C - 100% Natural Vitamin C||Pure Synergy||97.5|
|3||Paleovalley Essential C Complex - Vitamin C Supplement||Paleovalley||96.8|
|4||Garden of Life Vitamin C Supplement - Living Vitamin and Antioxidant Caplets||Garden of Life||96.2|
|5||Micro Ingredients Pure Acerola Cherry Powder - Natural and Organic Vitamin C Powder||Micro Ingredients||95.9|
|6||Green Organic Supplements Vitamin C-1000 Plus - Immune Enhancer, Antioxidant, 90 VCaps||Green Organic Supplements||95.3|
Table of Contents
- Functions of Vitamin C
- Benefits of Vitamin C
- Organic Vs Synthetic Vitamin C
- Reviews: Best Organic Vitamin C
- Garden of Life® Vitamin C with Amla mykind Organic Whole Food Supplement Spray
- Pure Synergy® Pure Radiance C 100% Natural Vitamin C
- Paleovalley® Essential C Complex Vitamin C Supplement
- Garden of Life® Vitamin C Supplement Living Vitamin and Antioxidant Caplets
- Micro Ingredients® Pure Acerola Cherry Powder Natural and Organic Vitamin C Powder
- Green Organic Supplements® Vitamin C-1000 Plus Immune Enhancer, Antioxidant, 90 VCaps
- Index Table: Top-Rated Best Organic Vitamin C