Vitamin C, also known as Ascorbic Acid, is a water-soluble vitamin. It is an essential nutrient for skin, bone, and production of some Neurotransmitters. It also functions as an Antioxidant.
Our body is unable to synthesize Vitamin C endogenously. It occurs naturally in some fruits and vegetables and is available as a dietary supplement.
Read about the benefits and uses of Vitamin C in detail down below.
Functions of Vitamin C
- Repairs Body Tissues – It is necessary for the growth, development, and repair of all body tissues because of its role in collagen formation. It also plays a role in the production of Norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter.
- Protects Bones & Cartilage – Cartilage is a type of firm tissue that covers bones. Vitamin C reduces the risk of cartilage loss in Osteoarthritis and hence protects the bones from fractures or breaks.
- Makes Nerves Strong – It is essential for the Enzymatic Production of Neurotransmitters.
- Acts as an Antioxidant – It fights free radicals in the body, which helps prevent or delay diseases like Cancer, Arthritis, and Heart problems and promotes healthy aging. It also inhibits damage to cells. It strengthens the barriers of the skin.
Benefits of Vitamin C
- Protects from Cardiovascular Disease – People with high concentrations of Vitamin C in their system have a 42% lower stroke risk. It also reduces the risk factors of heart disease like High Blood pressure, High Cholesterol, etc. It also widens the blood vessels.
- Helps in Healing & Infections – It reduces the duration of the common cold. It also lowers Histamine levels in the body, which reduces Inflammation.
- Improves Skin – Higher Vitamin C intake lowers the likelihood of wrinkled appearance and dryness, and also somewhat repairs it if it has already happened. This is because it produces Collagen in the body, which keeps the skin firm and supple.
- Prevents and Cures Scurvy – Scurvy is a physical condition that occurs because of extreme Vitamin C deficiency and is characterized by swollen joints. Bleedings gums, tiredness, etc. You can recover from Scurvy by bringing your Vitamin C levels up.
- Strengthens Immune System – It is very beneficial to individuals whose Immune System is weakened due to stress or otherwise. It does so by contributing to the immune defense of both innate and adaptive cellular functions in the Immune system by encouraging the production of white blood cells. It is the first nutrient to be depleted in Alcoholics, Smokers, etc.
- Helps in Cases of Anemia – It lowers the risk of Anemia as it enhances the absorption of Iron in the blood and body.
Organic Vs Synthetic Vitamin C
Vitamin C usually comes in two forms, namely L-Ascorbic Acid and D-Ascorbic Acid. Vitamin C Supplements usually contain L-Ascorbic.
It is naturally present in some fruits and vegetables like Citrus fruits, Kiwi, Strawberries, Broccoli, and Raw bell peppers.
- Organic Vitamin C – For a Vitamin C product to be Organic, it needs to be made from a real food source or an organic whole food blend. Vitamin C is most commonly made organically from Acerola extract, fresh Berries, and Cherries.
- Synthetic Vitamin C – Vitamin C made synthetically is made from Ascorbic Acid.
Reviews: Best Organic Vitamin C
Given below are some of the Best Organic Vitamin C products available.
- It promotes Tissue and Skin Health and also supports the Immune System.
- It contains Amla Berry powder, which is rich in Vitamin C.
- It includes Bioflavonoids and co-nutrients for better absorption.
- It does not have any added sugar and is available in Cherry and Orange flavor Liquid Spray.
- It is USDA Organic and Non-GMO verified.
- It is made from Organic Wild berries including Camu Camu, Acerola & Amla.
- It does not include any Synthetic Ascorbic Acid.
- It has 100% berry-sourced Flavonoids.
- It strengthens the Immune System and provides extra support. It also promotes Antioxidant activity.
- It is made from Organic Superfoods like Amla, Camu Camu berry and unripe Acerola cherry.
- It contains unripe Acerola cherries, which include 120 times more Vitamin C than Orange.
- It helps vital functions in the body like Nutrient absorption and Energy level regulation.
- It is free of Synthetic fillers and gluten. It is also Non-GMO verified.
- It is derived from the finest Whole Food Organic ingredients.
- It includes Lemon-Lime citrus bioflavonoids to help absorption.
- It has the added benefit of Organic Antioxidant Berry Blend to fight free radicals.
- This rich natural and organic Vitamin C supports the Immune System and has strong Antioxidant properties.
- It is USDA certified, Non-GMO verified, and Vegan-friendly.
- It can be mixed into a Smoothie or Shake using the given measuring scoop.
- It can be taken in Powder form for higher concentration and better absorption.
- It is made of Organic products.
- It is a combination of vitamin C rich organic foods like Camu Camu berry, Acerola berry, Amla berry, Rosehips, and Goji berry.
- It is hand-made and free of fillers, flavors, and chemicals.
- It is Fresh, Gluten-free, and Non-GMO verified.
- Peak Performance employs Non-GMO ingredients that are derived from real Raw, Organic Whole Food Acerola Cherry – for maximum absorption and immune effectiveness. This product is certified USDA Organic Vitamin C Powder.
- All ingredients in this Vitamin C are sourced from clean and safe environments.
- This brand avoids artificial processing to preserve its maximum mineral nutrients.
- This Vitamin C powder is sourced from organic, Non-GMO Acerola Cherry, which is a natural whole-food ingredient well-known for being extremely rich in vitamin C and designed specifically to support your immune system and contains phytonutrients like carotenoids phenolics, anthocyanins, and flavonoids.
- This product is free of Soy, Milk, Egg, Shellfish, Corn, Wheat, and Peanuts. It also contains no Gluten or Preservatives.
- It is manufactured under the highest quality GMP and NSF regulations and USA STandards.
- This product is Vegan, Allergy-free, and made in the USA.
- This is a natural source of vitamin C and does not contain any synthetic ascorbic acid.
- It is made with organic berry blend and 270% DV per plant cap.
- This project is Non-GMO Project verified, certified kosher, and Vegan, as well as Soy-free, Gluten-free and verified free of allergens.
- It contains no harmful additives, magnesium stearate, residual solvents, residual pesticides.
- This is a 100% raw, natural, and whole-food Vitamin C.
- It is made from 11 premium Whole Food Organic Berries such as Acai, Acerola, Amla, Cranberry, Goji, Jabuticaba, Mangosteen, Maqui, Pomegranate, Strawberry, and Schisandra.
- Vitamin C can prevent Collagen loss, leading to wrinkles, aging, weakened arteries, and immune system deficiencies.
- The body has a better chance of absorbing these natural full spectrum citrus Bioflavonoids, Polyphenols, and Antioxidants.
- It absorbs as much as it can to boost your Immune System to protect you.
- It is free of Fillers, Magnesium Stearate, Dioxides, Silica, Maltodextrin, Carrageenan, Soy, Milk, Egg, Corn, Tree Nuts, Artificial Colors, Or Preservatives.
- Acerola Cherries are one of the richest sources of Vitamin C found in nature.
- This Vitamin C contains added Citrus Bioflavonoids from Organic Orange and Lemon to enhance the bioavailability of vitamin C. Studies have shown that bioflavonoids increase the absorption of vitamin C by as much as 35%.
- This Vitamin C is released gradually over time to allow your body to absorb more of it.
- Vitamin C stimulates antibody production to aid the immune system in reducing the severity and duration of colds.
- This plant-based, natural supplement is free of GMOs, soy, gluten, yeast, dairy, eggs, nuts, caffeine, coloring, preservatives, or flavoring.
Index Table: Top-Rated Best Organic Vitamin C
Table of Contents
- Functions of Vitamin C
- Benefits of Vitamin C
- Organic Vs Synthetic Vitamin C
- Reviews: Best Organic Vitamin C
- Garden of Life® Vitamin C with Amla mykind Organic Whole Food Supplement Spray
- Pure Synergy® Pure Radiance C 100% Natural Vitamin C
- Paleovalley® Essential C Complex Vitamin C Supplement
- Garden of Life® Vitamin C Supplement Living Vitamin and Antioxidant Caplets
- Micro Ingredients® Pure Acerola Cherry Powder Natural and Organic Vitamin C Powder
- Green Organic Supplements® Vitamin C-1000 Plus Immune Enhancer, Antioxidant, 90 VCaps
- Peak Performance® Whole Food Organic Vitamin C
- Nutrigold® Gold Organic Vitamin C
- SmarterVitamins® Berry Sourced Whole Food Vitamin C
- NATURELO® Premium Organic Vitamin C
- Index Table: Top-Rated Best Organic Vitamin C