Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
How often do you say, “I’m stressed out,” or “Life is one big stress”? Stress is hard to define and harder to rule out from our ‘busy’ life.
Luckily, the health and wellness world understands the effects of stress on the body and human behavior. And that’s where medicinal herb like organic Ashwagandha comes into play. Want to know more about Ashwagandha? Keep reading!
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), also known as “Indian winter cherry” or “Indian ginseng,” is a medicinal herb that has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years. The root has a horsey smell (in Sanskrit, ashva = ‘horse’ and gandha = ‘smell’) and is said to provide the strength and virility of a horse.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, which means it can protect the body from stress. It has been used as an anthelmintic, astringent, thermogenic, stimulant, aphrodisiac, diuretic, and everything in between.
The wonder herb’s list of superpowers goes on, but we’ll dig into a few of Ashwagandha’s most notable health benefits below.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
Regular consumption of Ashwagandha can help with
- Stress and Anxiety: It is obvious! Numerous animal studies found that Ashwagandha can block the stress pathway in the brain. Similar results were observed in human studies as well.
- Blood sugar reduction: Ashwagandha has direct links with insulin secretion and improved insulin sensitivity in muscle cells, says the scientific studies. That means consuming Ashwagandha can reduce blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Cancer protection: Both animal and test-tube studies have shown that Ashwagandha promotes the death of tumor cells. Though it is not yet confirmed in humans, this encouraging result can come in handy in preventing cancer invasion and metastasis.
- Reduce cortisol levels: Cortisol, the stress hormone, increases in response to stress or anxiety. Unfortunately, this will spike up blood sugar levels and promotes belly fat deposition. Luckily, studies have shown that Ashwagandha can significantly reduce cortisol levels.
- Increase testosterone: Evidence suggests that Ashwagandha helps increase testosterone levels. Additionally, it can also boost sperm quality and fertility in men.
- Reduce inflammation: Several animal studies concluded the anti-inflammatory potential of Ashwagandha. According to a human study published in the Journal of Phytotherapy Research, Ashwagandha increases natural killer (NK) cells’ activity. (NK cells are the immune cells that fight off infection).
How Is Ashwagandha Taken?
The most popular form of Ashwagandha is its root extract, but leaf extracts are also consumable. You can purchase Ashwagandha root and leaf extracts in capsule and powder forms. Speaking of the nutrients in Ashwagandha root powder, a 1000 mg dehydrated ashwagandha root powder contains,
- 2.5 calories
- 0.04 g protein
- 0.032 g fiber
- 0.05 g carbohydrates
- 0.03 mg iron
- 0.02 mg calcium
- 0.08 microgram carotene
- 0.06 mg vitamin C
Other potent compounds include flavonoids and antioxidants, such as catalase, superoxide dismutase, glutathione, tryptophan, sterols, tannins, lignans, triterpenes, and more.
The dosage and how it is used depends on the health benefit you’re trying to reap. Before adding the Ashwagandha supplement, discuss the dosage with your doctor, especially if you are on other medications.
Reviews: Best Organic Ashwagandha
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Organic India’s Ashwagandha capsules are sourced from pure Withania somnifera herb extract. Vegetable cellulose is the only additional ingredient it contains.
- Each capsule has 800 mg of organic Ashwagandha root, with 90 capsules in the bottle for a fair price.
- Loaded with all-good phytonutrients, these organic Ashwagandha capsules will calm stress, lower free radical formation, and bodily balance functions.
- The vegan-friendly formula is USDA-certified organic, gluten-free, and non-GMO-free. It is kosher and Halal certified, too.
- It is formulated for bio-availability and fast absorption, meaning you can witness effective and quick results.
Banyan Botanicals® Ayurvedic Ashwagandha Root Powder
- If you want to integrate Ashwagandha into your tea, protein shake, smoothies, or other mixtures, Banyan Botanicals’ Ayurvedic Ashwagandha powder is the way to go.
- Sourced from sustainably grown Ashwagandha root, the loose powder is certified organic and comes in a 1-pound bag.
- Its taste and texture are also on point, proving that it is 100% natural and has no fillers or flavoring agents.
- Not only does it come in handy as a stress buster, but it strengthens muscles and bones, sustains energy levels, and promotes sleep.
- Though the brand advises mixing it with warm water, it tastes better (it’s medicine, so you gotta live with the taste!) if mixed with almond milk or coconut milk.
Nature's Answer® Vegan Ashwagandha Root Extract
- We’ve listed organic Ashwagandha capsules and powder, and now it’s time to talk about a tincture.
- Made from 2,000 mg of pure Ashwagandha extract, the 4 oz bottle is sure to reduce all anxiety and irritability. Plus, it will regulate your sleep-wake cycle, give you energy, boost immunity, and everything in between.
- To consume, add two to three drops per cup of warm water (use nut milk if you don’t like the taste) and take it two times a day.
- The pocket-friendly buy will give 30-40 servings per bottle, depending on how much you take and how many times you use it daily.
NUTRAHERBALS® Organic Ashwagandha Supplement
- Falling into the bracket of the most effective and potent organic Ashwagandha powder, this one comes with black pepper extract for better bioavailability.
- The vegan capsules also contain non-GMO plant cellulose and non-GMO gluten-free rice concentrate.
- It uses the purest form of Ashwagandha root, so you can expect to get better stress relief. It may also support vitality, reduce pain, and energize you.
- This 1200 mg per serving formula has no additives or fillers. Plus, it is GMO-free and vegan-safe.
- If you are unsatisfied with the result, there is a money-back guarantee.
Vostok Nutrition® Organic Ashwagandha Capsules
- This is just for you if you are looking for a potent version of the organic Ashwagandha capsule. Vostok Nutrition offers 1300mg of Ashwagandha and 10 mg of black pepper extract in one serving.
- The easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules do not contain artificial binders or fillers, harmful chemicals, or artificial ingredients.
- Rather, the capsules are made from pure Ashwagandha under strict GMP guidelines in the USA.
- Additionally, each batch of organic Ashwagandha capsules is tested by FDA registered laboratory for purity, potency, accuracy, and safety.
- Use this potent adaptogen formulation to calm the nervous system and manage anxiety and stress.
Healths Harmony® Vegetarian Organic Ashwagandha
- Organic Ashwagandha reduces stress hormones, which, in turn, allows your immune system to function optimally. In addition, it helps maintain already healthy blood sugar levels, combat fatigue, and boost energy and mood.
- This Ashwagandha supplement is sourced from the root, resulting in a 100% organic powder certified by ICS and bolstered with 10mg of black pepper to help your body absorb it most effectively.
- Ashwagandha is one of the rare adaptogenic herbs that contain unique properties that promote properly balanced thyroid, cortisol, and adrenaline levels.
- This organic ashwagandha supplement is made in the USA in an FDA-registered and inspected facility, which strictly adheres to CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
NutriFlair® Extra Strength Organic Ashwagandha Capsules
- This premium Ashwagandha comes in 120 capsules, each containing 1300mg/serving.
- This product is Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, and all-natural.
- It is made with Organic Ashwagandha root powder and comes in 100% vegan safe vegetable capsules.
- This product is made in the USA and third-party tested.
Physician's CHOICE® Powder Extract Organic Ashwagandha Root
- This Ashwagandha is made with 100% USDA-certified organic ashwagandha root powder and made from pure ashwagandha root with black pepper extract.
- Ashwagandha is a powerful adaptogen that provides a quick natural way to help fight stress and negativity. Ashwagandha has also been shown to help with forgetfulness and alertness.
- These 90 veggie ashwagandha capsules employ black pepper for increased absorption.
- Ashwagandha helps stabilize mood swings and boosts adrenal health. Ashwagandha reduces feelings of stress, irritability, and negativity.
- This Ashwagandha is 3rd-party tested for purity and manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients in a cGMP-certified registered facility.
Himalaya® Energy Boosting Organic Ashwagandha
- Himalaya Organic Ashwagandha helps to rejuvenate the adrenal function.
- This Organic Ashwagandha is USDA Certified Organic, NON-GMO Verified, and does not contain ingredients of animal origin. Each caplet is also additive, gluten, wheat, corn, soy, and dairy, and contains no artificial fillers, binders, or excipients.
- Each Himalaya Organic Ashwagandha caplet is equivalent to 4,630 mg of powder.
- Himalaya Organic Ashwagandha uses a combination of organic Ashwagandha root powder, organic Ashwagandha root extract, and organic Ashwagandha supercritical C02 extract.
Happy Healthy Hippie® Extra Strength Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder
- This ultra-potent 2100 mg ashwagandha root contains adaptogen and antioxidants to promote relief from Anxiety, Stress, Cortisol, as well as Thyroid and Adrenal fatigue.
- This dietary supplement supports adrenal health instead of adrenal fatigue, a great way to improve overall mood. It also defends against mental and physical stressors by supporting normalized CORTISOL.
- This organic Ashwagandha also boosts immunity support with powerful antioxidants and promotes balanced Thyroid hormones.
- It offers 2100mg of Ashwagandha organic powder extract per serving, is grown 100% naturally and organically, and is NON-GMO and vegan-friendly.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Ashwagandha
Table of Contents
- What is Ashwagandha?
- Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
- How Is Ashwagandha Taken?
- Reviews: Best Organic Ashwagandha
- ORGANIC INDIA® Certified Organic Ashwagandha Herbal Supplement
- Banyan Botanicals® Ayurvedic Ashwagandha Root Powder
- Nature's Answer® Vegan Ashwagandha Root Extract
- NUTRAHERBALS® Organic Ashwagandha Supplement
- Vostok Nutrition® Organic Ashwagandha Capsules
- Healths Harmony® Vegetarian Organic Ashwagandha
- NutriFlair® Extra Strength Organic Ashwagandha Capsules
- Physician's CHOICE® Powder Extract Organic Ashwagandha Root
- Himalaya® Energy Boosting Organic Ashwagandha
- Happy Healthy Hippie® Extra Strength Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Ashwagandha