Vitamin “Sun-Shine” D is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps absorb calcium, phosphate, magnesium, and other minerals in the intestine.
It is naturally present in only a few foods. To fulfill the requirement of Vitamin D in our body, it is available as a dietary supplement.
To know more about Vitamin D’s necessity and benefits and the best Organic Vitamin D supplements available, read on!
Health Benefits of Vitamin D
- Maintain Healthy Bones – Vitamin D is necessary for the body to absorb calcium and other minerals. Calcium is essential in healthy bone formation and maintenance. Having strong bones saves us from Fractures, Osteoporosis, and Rickets.
- Regulate Immune System – Regular intake of Vitamin D cuts the risk of Respiratory Infections such as Pneumonia, Flu, Cold, or Sinus Infection. It is also therapeutic for those with Auto-Immune Disease like Multiple Sclerosis and Lupus.
- Reduces Risk of Cancer – Studies show that Vitamin D may lower your risk of cancers such as Breast, Colon, Bladder, and Liver. It lowers the chances of beating the disease or getting it.
- Maintain Mental Health – Vitamin D deficiency causes a decrease in Serotonin’s production, which in turn puts you at risk for seasonal depression. It also plays a role in treating or preventing cognitive decline and diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes – Vitamin D may help increases Insulin sensitivity in the body. It also lessens Inflammation and boosts beta-cell function, which are factors for reducing and managing Diabetes.
Risk Factors for Vitamin D Deficiency
- Skin Type – The darker the skin, the higher the levels of melanin in the skin, and the less Vitamin D the skin can absorb from the sun. Sunscreen also prevents Vitamin D from getting absorbed in the sun.
- Location – Where you live plays an important role in how much Vitamin D you’re getting. In an area where buildings block sunlight or high pollution decreases Vitamin D absorption in the skin.
- Diet and Lifestyle – Having a diet that doesn’t include balanced organic food and a lifestyle where you spend more time indoors decreases your Vitamin D intake and production.
- Breastfeeding – Infants relying solely on breast milk need a Vitamin D supplement. Otherwise, the infant may develop Rickets or other such diseases.
- Diseases causing Fat malabsorption – Since Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, its absorption is based on the body’s ability to absorb dietary fat.
What Constitutes a Good Vitamin D Source
- It Is Present in Sea Food – Skins of fatty fish like Tuna, Mackerel, and Salmon have many Vitamin D in them. Cod Liver Oil is also an excellent source of Vitamin D.
- Dairy Products are a Great Source of Vitamin D – Fortified foods such as cereals, Oatmeal, Cow, and Soy Milk are all excellent sources of Vitamin D.
- It Is also Present in High Protein Foods – Foods such as Beef Liver, Cheese, Mushrooms, and Egg yolks are a great source of Vitamin D.
- Vitamin D Supplements are the Best Option – Since eating these foods does not satisfy our body’s Vitamin D requirement, it is advised to take Vitamin D supplements. Organic Vitamin D supplements have minimal amounts of harmful ingredients in them. Therefore, they are the best option. Organic Vitamin D supplements are available in Pill, Capsules, and Liquid forms.
Reviews: Best Organic Vitamin D Supplements
The product list below has the best products for an Organic source of Vitamin D.
- This product promotes cardiovascular, muscle, and bone health. It also supports immune function.
- This product is Lactose-free. It also has no BHT, BHA, Sorbic Acid, or Sodium Benzoate.
- It is made primarily to support high-protein nutrition programs and is NSF Certified.
- It is free of Gluten and any other major allergens. This product is also Dairy, Soy, Yeast, and Fish free.
- This product contains the same form of Vitamin D, which is naturally produced in the body.
- It is Soy, Wheat, Gluten, and Nut-free.
- It is a laboratory-tested Non-GMO and USDA Certified Organic Vitamin.
- Each tablet contains Vegan Vitamin D3 and includes Organic Sunflower Lecithin for maximum absorption of Vitamin D.
- This product is Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, and Soy free. It also has no artificial fillers or flavors.
- Combats seasonal depression, tiredness, muscle aches, and even high blood pressure by fulfilling your physical requirements of Vitamin D.
- Regular intake of this product enhances mood, improves skin and appearance, and helps you sleep better.
- This is a Plant-Based product that is Gluten, Wheat, Yeast-Free. It is also Paleo and Celiac friendly.
- These chewable Gummies are available in Peach, Mango, Apricot flavor and only have ten calories/serving.
- These products are Non-GMO verified.
- This product provides 2000 IU of Certified Vitamin D3 made from Lichen and 10 Mushrooms to support the Immune system.
- This Organic Vitamin D3 supplement boosts calcium absorption to maintain bone health.
- This product is available in a delicious Organic Raspberry Lemon flavor free of any added sugars or Stevia.
- It is Certified USDA Organic, and Non-GMO verified.
- This product provides the same active form of Vitamin D produced in the body by sun exposure.
- It supports over 3000 cells in the body and promotes Bone and Dental Health. It also supports the Immune System and healthy Muscle function. It also helps regulate Mood and Sleep.
- They are in soft gel form and easy to swallow.
- This supplement contains 2 vitamins in 1 bottle.
- It offers 5000 IU (125mcg) of Vitamin D3 and 100 mcg of Vitamin K2 MK-7.
- It promotes bone health and immune support.
- This supplement is Non-GMO Verified, Vegan Certified, 100% Plant-Based Vitamin K2+D3 softgel available.
- This supplement is free of animal ingredients such as Lanolin and Bovine Gelatin.
- The Vegan Vitamin D3 is sourced from Lichen, and Mk-7 Vitamin K2 is sourced from Chickpea and comes encapsulated in a Non-GMO Tapioca softgel capsule.
- Vitamin K2 & D3 are both fat-soluble and difficult for the body to absorb if not taken with fat. Therefore, to help absorption, this product comes blended with Coconut Oil.
- This Vitamin D3 5000 supplement comes enhanced with USDA Organic, Cold-Pressed, extra virgin Avocado Oil.
- This Vitamin D3 5000 IU delivers the same biologically active form of Vitamin D produced by the body due to sun exposure, without exposure to UVB rays.
- It supports over 3000 cells in your body for smarter nutrition, Bone Health, Healthy Muscle Function, Immune Support, as well as Dental and Teeth Health.
- SmarterVitamins Vitamin D3 5000 IU is free of Artificial Colors, Gluten, Corn, Eggs, Milk, Wheat, Peanut, Sugar, Starch, Sodium, Lactose, Preservatives, and Soy.
- This pack contains one bottle of 80 Vitamin D3 gummies and is available in strawberry, lemon, and orange flavors.
- It contains 25 mcg (1000 IU) Vitamin D3 per serving (1 gummy).
- This supplement supports strong bones and immune health.
- It is suitable for kids aged two or more. It is advised to chew the gummy thoroughly.
- This product is USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project certified, gluten-free, and vegetarian.
- These Vegan Vitamin D2 Capsules are made from handpicked organic mushrooms exposed to UV light, increasing vitamin D levels.
- Unlike Vitamin D3, which is typically made from extracting lanolin (sheep’s wool), Vitamin D2 sourced from hot-water extracted medicinal mushrooms is vegan friendly.
- The Agaricus mushroom extract powder in these capsules is from whole mushrooms (fruit bodies) grown organically and sustainably.
- This Vegan Vit D2 supplement is Organic, Kosher, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Dairy-Free, and Nut-Free.
- Along with Vitamin D, you also get beta-glucans, ergosterol, ergothioneine, glutathione, and many other nutrients, and your body gets immunity boosters, antioxidants, and brain health vitamins as well.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Vitamin D Supplements
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Vitamin D
- Risk Factors for Vitamin D Deficiency
- What Constitutes a Good Vitamin D Source
- Reviews: Best Organic Vitamin D Supplements
- Thorne Research® Vitamin D-5000 Vitamin D3 Supplement (5,000 IU)
- Bronson® Vitamin D3 5000 IU Organic Vitamin D Supplement
- Ora Organic® Vitamin D3 2000 IU Tablets Vegan Vitamin D3 Tablet
- MaryRuth Organics® Vitamin K2+D3 Calcium Gummies Organic Vegan (Plant-Based) Vitamin
- Garden of Life® Vitamin D3 2000 IU D Vitamin Whole Food Supplement
- Vital Natural Life® Vitamin D3 5000 IU Highly Active Vitamin D3 Formulation
- Sports Research® Plant-Based Organic Vitamin K2 + D3
- SmarterVitamins® Soy-Free Organic Vitamin D3
- Mama Bear® Amazon Brand Organic Kids Vitamin D3
- Real Mushrooms® Vegan Mushroom-Based Vitamin D2 Supplement
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Vitamin D Supplements