Vitamin “Sun-Shine” D is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps absorb calcium, phosphate, magnesium, and other minerals in the intestine.
It is naturally present in only a few foods. To fulfill the requirement of Vitamin D in our body, it is available as a dietary supplement.
To know more about Vitamin D’s necessity and benefits and the best Organic Vitamin D supplements available, read on!
Health Benefits of Vitamin D
- Maintain Healthy Bones – Vitamin D is necessary for the body to absorb calcium and other minerals. Calcium is essential in healthy bone formation and maintenance. Having strong bones saves us from Fractures, Osteoporosis, and Rickets.
- Regulate Immune System – Regular intake of Vitamin D cuts the risk of Respiratory Infections such as Pneumonia, Flu, Cold, or Sinus Infection. It is also therapeutic for those with Auto-Immune diseases like Multiple Sclerosis and Lupus.
- Reduces Risk of Cancer – Studies show that Vitamin D may lower your risk of cancers such as Breast, Colon, Bladder, and Liver. It lowers the chances of beating the disease or getting it.
- Maintain Mental Health – Vitamin D deficiency causes a decrease in serotonin production, which in turn puts you at risk for seasonal depression. It also plays a role in treating or preventing cognitive decline and diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes – Vitamin D may help increases Insulin sensitivity in the body. It also lessens Inflammation and boosts beta-cell function, which are factors for reducing and managing Diabetes. Moreover, we have these organic creatine supplements that may also help you reduce the risk of diabetes because they are paired with exercise, which will make sure to control your sugar levels.
Risk Factors for Vitamin D Deficiency
- Skin Type – The darker the skin, the higher the levels of melanin in the skin, and the less Vitamin D the skin can absorb from the sun. Sunscreen also prevents Vitamin D from getting absorbed in the sun.
- Location – Where you live plays an important role in how much Vitamin D you’re getting. In an area where buildings block sunlight or high pollution decreases Vitamin D absorption in the skin.
- Diet and Lifestyle – Having a diet that doesn’t include balanced organic food and a lifestyle where you spend more time indoors decreases your Vitamin D intake and production.
- Breastfeeding – Infants relying solely on breast milk need a Vitamin D supplement. Otherwise, the infant may develop Rickets or other such diseases.
- Diseases causing Fat malabsorption – Since Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, its absorption is based on the body’s ability to absorb dietary fat.
What Constitutes a Good Vitamin D Source
- It Is Present in Sea Food – Skins of fatty fish like Tuna, Mackerel, and Salmon have many Vitamin D in them. Cod Liver Oil is also an excellent source of Vitamin D.
- Dairy Products are a Great Source of Vitamin D – Fortified foods such as cereals, Oatmeal, Cow, and Soy Milk are all excellent sources of Vitamin D.
- It Is also Present in High Protein Foods – Foods such as Beef Liver, Cheese, Mushrooms, and Egg yolks are a great source of Vitamin D.
- Vitamin D Supplements are the Best Option – Since eating these foods does not satisfy our body’s Vitamin D requirement, it is advised to take Vitamin D supplements. Organic Vitamin D supplements have minimal amounts of harmful ingredients in them. Therefore, they are the best option. Organic Vitamin D supplements are available in Pill, Capsules, and Liquid forms.
Reviews: Best Organic Vitamin D Supplements
The product list below has the best products for an Organic source of Vitamin D.
- This product promotes cardiovascular, muscle, and bone health. It also supports immune function.
- This product is Lactose-free. It also has no BHT, BHA, Sorbic Acid, or Sodium Benzoate.
- It is made primarily to support high-protein nutrition programs and is NSF Certified.
- It is free of Gluten and any other major allergens. This product is also Dairy, Soy, Yeast, and Fish free.
- This product contains the same form of Vitamin D, which is naturally produced in the body.
- It is Soy, Wheat, Gluten, and Nut-free.
- It is a laboratory-tested Non-GMO and USDA Certified Organic Vitamin.
- Each tablet contains Vegan Vitamin D3 and includes Organic Sunflower Lecithin for maximum absorption of Vitamin D.
- This product is Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, and Soy free. It also has no artificial fillers or flavors.
- Combats seasonal depression, tiredness, muscle aches, and even high blood pressure by fulfilling your physical requirements of Vitamin D.
- Regular intake of this product enhances mood, improves skin and appearance, and helps you sleep better.
- This is a Plant-Based product that is Gluten, Wheat, Yeast-Free. It is also Paleo and Celiac friendly.
- These chewable Gummies are available in Peach, Mango, Apricot flavor and only have ten calories/serving.
- These products are Non-GMO verified.
- This product provides 2000 IU of Certified Vitamin D3 made from Lichen and 10 Mushrooms to support the Immune system.
- This Organic Vitamin D3 supplement boosts calcium absorption to maintain bone health.
- This product is available in a delicious Organic Raspberry Lemon flavor free of any added sugars or Stevia.
- It is Certified USDA Organic, and Non-GMO verified.
- This product provides the same active form of Vitamin D produced in the body by sun exposure.
- It supports over 3000 cells in the body and promotes Bone and Dental Health. It also supports the Immune System and healthy Muscle function. It also helps regulate Mood and Sleep.
- They are in soft gel form and easy to swallow.
- This supplement contains 2 vitamins in 1 bottle.
- It offers 5000 IU (125mcg) of Vitamin D3 and 100 mcg of Vitamin K2 MK-7.
- It promotes bone health and immune support.
- This supplement is Non-GMO Verified, Vegan Certified, 100% Plant-Based Vitamin K2+D3 softgel available.
- This supplement is free of animal ingredients such as Lanolin and Bovine Gelatin.
- The Vegan Vitamin D3 is sourced from Lichen, and Mk-7 Vitamin K2 is sourced from Chickpea and comes encapsulated in a Non-GMO Tapioca softgel capsule.
- Vitamin K2 & D3 are both fat-soluble and difficult for the body to absorb if not taken with fat. Therefore, to help absorption, this product comes blended with Coconut Oil.
- This Vitamin D3 5000 supplement comes enhanced with USDA Organic, Cold-Pressed, extra virgin Avocado Oil.
- This Vitamin D3 5000 IU delivers the same biologically active form of Vitamin D produced by the body due to sun exposure, without exposure to UVB rays.
- It supports over 3000 cells in your body for smarter nutrition, Bone Health, Healthy Muscle Function, Immune Support, as well as Dental and Teeth Health.
- SmarterVitamins Vitamin D3 5000 IU is free of Artificial Colors, Gluten, Corn, Eggs, Milk, Wheat, Peanut, Sugar, Starch, Sodium, Lactose, Preservatives, and Soy.
- This pack contains one bottle of 80 Vitamin D3 gummies and is available in strawberry, lemon, and orange flavors.
- It contains 25 mcg (1000 IU) Vitamin D3 per serving (1 gummy).
- This supplement supports strong bones and immune health.
- It is suitable for kids aged two or more. It is advised to chew the gummy thoroughly.
- This product is USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project certified, gluten-free, and vegetarian.
- These Vegan Vitamin D2 Capsules are made from handpicked organic mushrooms exposed to UV light, increasing vitamin D levels.
- Unlike Vitamin D3, which is typically made from extracting lanolin (sheep’s wool), Vitamin D2 sourced from hot-water extracted medicinal mushrooms is vegan friendly.
- The Agaricus mushroom extract powder in these capsules is from whole mushrooms (fruit bodies) grown organically and sustainably.
- This Vegan Vit D2 supplement is Organic, Kosher, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Dairy-Free, and Nut-Free.
- Along with Vitamin D, you also get beta-glucans, ergosterol, ergothioneine, glutathione, and many other nutrients, and your body gets immunity boosters, antioxidants, and brain health vitamins as well.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Vitamin D Supplements
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Vitamin D
- Risk Factors for Vitamin D Deficiency
- What Constitutes a Good Vitamin D Source
- Reviews: Best Organic Vitamin D Supplements
- Thorne Research® Vitamin D-5000 Vitamin D3 Supplement (5,000 IU)
- Bronson® Vitamin D3 5000 IU Organic Vitamin D Supplement
- Ora Organic® Vitamin D3 2000 IU Tablets Vegan Vitamin D3 Tablet
- MaryRuth Organics® Vitamin K2+D3 Calcium Gummies Organic Vegan (Plant-Based) Vitamin
- Garden of Life® Vitamin D3 2000 IU D Vitamin Whole Food Supplement
- Vital Natural Life® Vitamin D3 5000 IU Highly Active Vitamin D3 Formulation
- Sports Research® Plant-Based Organic Vitamin K2 + D3
- SmarterVitamins® Soy-Free Organic Vitamin D3
- Mama Bear® Amazon Brand Organic Kids Vitamin D3
- Real Mushrooms® Vegan Mushroom-Based Vitamin D2 Supplement
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Vitamin D Supplements