Vitamin “Sun-Shine” D is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps in the absorption of calcium, phosphate, magnesium, and other minerals in the intestine.
It is naturally present in only a few foods. To fulfill the requirement of Vitamin D in our body, it is available as a dietary supplement.
To know more about the necessity and benefits of Vitamin D and the best Organic Vitamin D supplements available, read on!
Health Benefits of Vitamin D
- Maintain Healthy Bones – Vitamin D is necessary for the body to absorb Calcium and other minerals. Calcium is essential in healthy bone formation and maintenance. Having strong bones saves us from Fractures, Osteoporosis, and Rickets.
- Regulate Immune System – Regular intake of Vitamin D cuts the risk of Respiratory Infections such as Pneumonia, Flu, Cold, or a Sinus Infection. It is also therapeutic for those with Auto-Immune Disease like Multiple Sclerosis and Lupus.
- Reduces Risk of Cancer – Studies show that Vitamin D may lower your risk of cancers such as Breast, Colon, Bladder, and Liver. It lowers the chances of beating the disease or getting it.
- Maintain Mental Health – Vitamin D deficiency causes a decrease in the production of Serotonin, which in turn puts you at risk for seasonal depression. It also plays a role in treating or preventing cognitive decline and diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes – Vitamin D may help increases Insulin sensitivity in the body. It also lessens Inflammation and boosts beta-cell function, which are factors for reducing and managing Diabetes.
Risk Factors for Vitamin D Deficiency
- Skin Type – The darker the skin, the higher the levels of melanin in the skin, and the less Vitamin D the skin can absorb from the sun. Sunscreen also prevents Vitamin D from getting absorbed in the sun.
- Location – Where you live plays an important role in how much Vitamin D you’re getting. In an area where buildings block sunlight or high pollution decreases Vitamin D absorption in the skin.
- Diet and Lifestyle – Having a diet that doesn’t include balanced organic food and a lifestyle where you spend more time indoors decreases your Vitamin D intake and production.
- Breastfeeding – Infants relying solely on breast milk need a Vitamin D supplement. Otherwise, the infant may develop Rickets or other such diseases.
- Diseases causing Fat malabsorption – Since Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, its absorption is based on the body’s ability to absorb dietary fat.
What Constitutes a Good Vitamin D Source
- It Is Present in Sea Food – Skins of fatty fish like Tuna, Mackerel and Salmon have a lot of Vitamin D in them. Cod Liver Oil is also an excellent source of Vitamin D.
- Dairy Products are a Great Source of Vitamin D – Fortified foods such as cereals, Oatmeal, Cow, and Soy Milk are all excellent sources of Vitamin D.
- It Is also Present in High Protein Foods – Foods such as Beef Liver, Cheese, Mushrooms, and Egg yolks are a great source of Vitamin D.
- Vitamin D Supplements are the Best Option – Since eating these foods does not satisfy the Vitamin D requirement of our body, it is advised to take Vitamin D supplements. Organic Vitamin D supplements have minimal amounts of harmful ingredients in them. Therefore, they are the best option. Organic Vitamin D supplements are available in Pill, Capsules, and Liquid forms.
Reviews: Best Organic Vitamin D Supplements
The product list below has the best products for an Organic source of Vitamin D.
- This product promotes cardiovascular, muscle and bone health. It also supports Immune function.
- This product is Lactose-free. It also has no BHT, BHA, Sorbic Acid or Sodium Benzoate.
- It is made primarily to support high-protein nutrition programs and is NSF Certified.
- It is free of Gluten and any other major allergens. This product is also Dairy, Soy, Yeast, and Fish free.
- This product contains the same form of Vitamin D which is naturally produced in the body.
- It is Soy, Wheat, Gluten, and Nut-free.
- It is a laboratory tested Non-GMO, and USDA Certified Organic Vitamin.
- Each tablet contains Vegan Vitamin D3 and includes Organic Sunflower Lecithin for maximum absorption of Vitamin D.
- This product is Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, and Soy free. It also has no artificial fillers or flavors.
- Combats seasonal depression, tiredness, muscle aches, and even high blood pressure by fulfilling your physical requirements of Vitamin D.
- Regular intake of this product enhances mood, improves skin and appearance, and helps you sleep better.
- This is a Plant-Based product which is Gluten, Wheat, Yeast-Free. It is also Paleo and Celiac friendly.
- These chewable Gummies are available in Peach, Mango, Apricot flavor, and only have 10 calories/serving.
- These products are Non-GMO verified.
- This product provides 2000 IU of Certified Vitamin D3 made from Lichen and 10 Mushrooms to support the Immune system.
- This Organic Vitamin D3 supplement boosts calcium absorption to maintain bone health.
- This product is available in a delicious Organic Raspberry Lemon flavor free of any added sugars or Stevia.
- It is Certified USDA Organic, and Non-GMO verified.
- This product provides the same active form of Vitamin D produced in the body by sun exposure.
- It supports over 3000 cells in the body and promotes Bone and Dental Health. It also supports the Immune System and healthy Muscle function. It also helps regulate Mood and Sleep.
- They are in soft gel form and easy to swallow.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Vitamin D Supplements
|1||Thorne Research Vitamin D-5000 - Vitamin D3 Supplement (5,000 IU)||Thorne Research||99.3|
|2||Bronson Vitamin D3 5000 IU - Organic Vitamin D Supplement||Bronson||96.4|
|3||Ora Organic Vitamin D3 2000 IU Tablets - Vegan Vitamin D3 Tablet||Ora Organic||96.1|
|4||MaryRuth Organics Vitamin K2+D3 Calcium Gummies - Organic Vegan (Plant Based) Vitamin||MaryRuth Organics||97.8|
|5||Garden of Life Vitamin D3 2000 IU - D Vitamin Whole Food Supplement||Garden of Life||98.2|
|6||Vital Natural Life Vitamin D3 5000 IU - Highly Active Vitamin D3 Formulation||Vital Natural Life||97.8|
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Vitamin D
- Risk Factors for Vitamin D Deficiency
- What Constitutes a Good Vitamin D Source
- Reviews: Best Organic Vitamin D Supplements
- Thorne Research® Vitamin D-5000 Vitamin D3 Supplement (5,000 IU)
- Bronson® Vitamin D3 5000 IU Organic Vitamin D Supplement
- Ora Organic® Vitamin D3 2000 IU Tablets Vegan Vitamin D3 Tablet
- MaryRuth Organics® Vitamin K2+D3 Calcium Gummies Organic Vegan (Plant Based) Vitamin
- Garden of Life® Vitamin D3 2000 IU D Vitamin Whole Food Supplement
- Vital Natural Life® Vitamin D3 5000 IU Highly Active Vitamin D3 Formulation
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Vitamin D Supplements