Here at Organic Aspirations, we made the switch to ‘all-things organic’ long ago – including the soaps. Because we know it is a no-brainer.
Plus, with organic soaps, there are no jazzes like, “Will the soap give me a rash or break me out?” or “Will it cleanse and nourish my skin?”.
Why Should You Use Organic Soaps
The chemicals in your regular antibacterial soaps are silent killers. You won’t experience skin irritations like rashes or itchiness. But in the long run, they’ll dry out the skin and cause adverse side effects. Here are a few reasons as to why should you choose organic soaps.
Cruelty-free: The organic soaps are cruelty-free. By embracing organic soaps, you are also becoming a part to halt animal testing!
Gentle for your skin: Unlike the regular chemical-filled soaps, organic soaps neither dry out nor strip down the skin.
Chemical-free: Organic soaps have no hazardous chemicals. That means unnatural chemicals stay out of your skin and life.
Environmentally-friendly: With no surfactants, pesticides, synthetic fragrances and chemicals, organic soaps are biodegradable.
What’s Hiding In Your Regular Soap?
Want to know what chemicals are hiding in your regular soap and how harmful they are? Read on.
- Fragrance: Be it one single artificial fragrance or a cocktail of a hundred varieties, it is not good your skin and organs. Period.
1,4 Dioxane: Dioxane is a carcinogenic chemical with a high hazard rating of 8, according to EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database. Plus, it can affect your eyes, respiratory tract, kidneys, and brain.
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS): Its role in soap is to act as surfactant and emulsifier. But when gets into the body, it causes skin irritation and organ toxicity. It combines with other chemicals in soap and produces nitrosamine, a potent carcinogen.
Triclosan: With a high hazard rating of 7, it can disrupt endocrine functions. The result – chaotic homeostasis and hormonal disorders.
Parabens: These preservative compounds mimic hormones in the human body. Plus, scientific evidence suggests its role in breast cancer and neurological disorders.
Healthy Ingredients Found in a Good Natural Soap
Now that you know what to avoid, let’s check what ingredients to look for.
All-vegan ingredients: There are soaps with animal-by-products like goat milk, honey, plant extracts, and fruit extracts.
Organic oils: Soaps made from single oil/fat or from a handful of organic oils are available on the market. Look specifically for organic virgin coconut oil, organic olive oil, organic avocado oil, organic lavender oil and more.
Beeswax: Besides adding hardness to the soap, beeswax gives it a pleasant smell. Remember, it isn’t vegan!
Organic Cocoa Butter: it is a powerhouse of moisture. Cocoa butter nourishes and protects the skin, too – all without stripping natural barrier.
Shea Butter: This is another moisturizing agent present in organic soaps.
Natural Antioxidants : Two antioxidants to look for: Grapefruit seed extract and Rosemary Oleoresin extract.
Essential oils : Look for Cedarwood oil, Patchouli oil, Balsam Fir Needle oil on the label.
Reviews: The Best Organic Soaps
Here are top 5 good-for-your skin organic soaps you should be washing with right now.
- True to name, this soap has no fragrances but loads of organic shea butter and organic virgin coconut oil.
- Shea butter offers plenty of moisture, prevents signs of aging, and promotes radiant, supple skin.
- With its natural SPF of 4-5, organic virgin coconut oil helps protect your skin from harmful sun rays.
- Contains only USDA certified organic ingredients rich in antioxidants and vitamins E, D, F, and A.
- It is an EWG verified natural formula free from GMOs, paraben, sulfates, triclosan, and phthalates.
- It involves no animal testing and no animal ingredients.
- A cult-favorite unscented formula for cleansing the skin without drying it out. Perfect for overly dry skin, it is suitable for sensitive, acne-prone skin, too.
- It is USDA-certified, vegan, and cruelty-free. Plus, made without harmful additives like fragrances, dyes, parabens, sulfates, or detergent.
- It uses organic oils of Coconut, Palm Kernel, Olive, Hemp, and Jojoba to nourish and moisturize the skin.
- Even users with super sensitive skin agree that it is gentle enough for everyday use.
- The brand claims it to be suitable for babies too. Please note that it isn’t a tear-free formula.
- Organic oats and honey are the star ingredients in this bar soap. It also contains goat milk, shea butter, and organic oils (of palm, castor, sunflower, and olive).
- Rich in saponins (a cleansing agent) and anti-inflammatory compounds, oats soak up excess oil and treat acne. Oats is a great natural exfoliant, too.
- With antibacterial and antioxidant compounds, honey helps achieve the radiant glow. Plus, it nourishes the skin.
- Goat milk rich in lactic acid is a savior of dry, itchy or irritated skin.
- It is free of skin irritants like parabens, artificial dyes and fragrances, SLS, and EDTA.
- Tom’s of Maine is an expert at infusing its products with all-natural, organic ingredients. And, this beauty bar is no exception.
- Made from shea butter and Rainforest Alliance Certified palm oil, this is a highly moisturizing formula.
- It gently exfoliates and cleanses well. The best part – it doesn’t strip the natural moisture barrier.
- It leaves the dry skin quenched, and dewy, thanks to the shea butter present in it. Shea butter also helps tone, condition, and soothe the skin.
- It is not tested on animals and doesn’t contain animal ingredients.
- Best of all, it is free of parabens, artificial fragrances, and dyes.
- The 100% vegan formula contains organic oils and plant extracts.
- There’s no dry feeling when you wash up with this 100% vegan formula. Organic oils of palm, olive, and avocado hydrates and nourishes the skin.
- It’s made with plant extracts, too, so it is gentle even on the sensitive skin.
- It has a nice, thick lather and leaves the skin squeaky clean.
- The soap doesn’t contain irritating ingredients like parabens, synthetic fragrances, and chemicals. Plus, it is gluten- and GMO-free.
- This set contains six different varieties: Avocado Grapefruit, Coconut, Eucamint, Lavender, Lemongrass, and Seaweed & Sea Salt.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Soap
|1||Makes 3 Organics Organic - Handcrafted Shea Butter Soap||Makes 3 Organics||97|
|2||Dr. Bronner's Vegetable-based - Pure-Castile Liquid Soap||Dr. Bronner's||97|
|3||Aspen Kay Naturals Organic - Oatmeal Soap Bar||Aspen Kay Naturals||98|
|4||Tom's of Maine Natural - Lavender Tea Tree Beauty Bar||Tom's of Maine||97|
|5||Crate 61 Organics Vegan Organic - Cold Press Bar Soap||Crate 61 Organics||98|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Why Should You Use Organic Soaps
- What’s Hiding In Your Regular Soap?
- Healthy Ingredients Found in a Good Natural Soap
- Reviews: The Best Organic Soaps
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Soap