Roses are woody, perpetually flowering plants of the Genus ‘Rosa’ in the family ‘Rosaceae.’ There are hundreds of Species of Roses and just as many uses of them.
Rose Water comes from mixing Water and Roses. It has numerous culinary and medicinal uses. There are many different techniques for making Rosewater.
Read on to find out all there is to know about Rose Water, and the best Organic Rose Water options available.
Different Ways of Making Rose Water
- Simmering Method – This is the easiest and quickest way of getting Rose Water. This type of Rose Water comes from simmering rose petals (dried or fresh) in distilled water for a while until the petals lose their color. Doing this results in fragrant, rose-colored water. It does not have a long shelf life.
- Steam-Distilling Method – This type of Rose Water is the more traditional option. It comes from steaming rose petals with distilled water. The resultant Rosewater is clear, has a longer shelf life, and has more enriched benefits compared to the simmered Rosewater.
- Crushing Method – In this method, half of the rose petals are crushed to extract the juice. After letting it sit for a while, they are simmered in distilled water with the remaining petals. This type of Rose-water has better coloring and added benefits from the juice.
Benefits of Rose Water
- Protects and Soothes Skin – Rosewater contains Anti-oxidants that help protect the skin from Free radicals and UV damage. Rosewater also has anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial in soothing irritated skin.
- Treats Eye Conditions – Rosewater can be used as Eye drops and has been proven beneficial in treating conditions. Some such diseases are Conjunctivitis or dry eye, Degenerative conditions such as Pterygium or Pinguecula, and Cataracts.
- Eases Respiration – Rosewater can be taken to relieve a sore throat due to its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps relax the throat muscles.
- Cures and Prevents Infections – Rosewater is a natural Anti-septic and encourages the Immune System to produce Histamine. Because of these qualities, Rosewater can be used to prevent and treat infections.
- Promotes Better Mental Health – Inhaling Rosewater relieves stress and tension from the mind and body.
- Fixes Digestive Problems – Rosewater increases Bile flow which helps in a lot of digestive problems.
Uses of Rose Water
Some common ways to use Rosewater in everyday life are mentioned below.
- As a Facial Toner – Rosewater balances the skins’ pH, unclogs pores, removes excess oil from the face without drying. Its natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties make it excellent for the skin to keep it looking plump and youthful.
- To Moisturize Hair – Rosewater can moisturize and hydrate split-ends and the scalp. It also works well to protect the hair from heat damage.
- In Sweet Dishes – Rosewater is added in Desserts and Sweet beverages to add depth of flavor and fragrance.
Reviews: Best Organic Rose Water
The below list consists of some of the best Organic Rose Waters available.
- This finest spa-grade Rose Water Toner contains 100% pure distilled, organic, and unrefined Moroccan Rose Water.
- Poppy Austin Pure Rosewater is full of Antioxidants for naturally glowy skin.
- This Rosewater toner rejuvenates the skin and provides instant hydration to the face, making it look more plump and youthful.
- Since its a Rosewater toner, it balances the skin’s pH. Additionally, it absorbs any excess oils on the face and soothes inflammation and pimples. It also helps to unclog stubborn pores.
- This Moroccan handmade facial toner is distilled using natural and traditional processes. It is given the proper time to mature to improve its quality and purification.
- The Teddie Organics Rosewater toner spray is 100% pure and Organic and does not contain any chemicas, preservatives or artifical fragrances.
- This balancing toner instantly freshens up the skin and hydrates it, giving it a more plump and youthful look. It also absorbs any excess face oil without causing dryness.
- This Pure Rosewater spray can be used to unclog pores and prep the skin for serums and moisturizers.
- This product is Witch hazel free and suitable for all skin types.
- The organic rose water spray has anti-inflammatory properties and calms the skin and soothe any burns or cuts. It can also provide hydration to the scalp.
- This Rose petal water is 100% Pure and USDA Certified Organic and does not contain any additives or Alcohol.
- It naturally hydrates, revitalizes & moisturizes the skin for a refreshed look. It can also work as a makeup setting or removing spray.
- Agua de Rosas is rich in antioxidants and provides great Anti-aging benefits. It is also Anti-inflammatory and can, therefore, help soothe any irritations.
- Its a naturally balancing toner and controls excess oil on the skin by cleaning pores.
- Simplified Skin’s Rosewater toner can also be used in hair care and as a heat protection spray. It can provide moisture and hydration to the hair and scalp.
- This Rosewater is cruelty-free, Paraben-free, Sulfate-free, Gluten-free, artificial Fragrance-free, and packed in a glass bottle for sustainable packaging.
- This Rosewater comes from steam-distilled fresh Bulgarian Rosa Damascena blossoms.
- The Alteya Organic Toner mist is moisturizing, rejuvenating, and stimulating.
- It works excellently in cleaning and detoxifying the skin and has a natural therapeutic fragrance.
- This product is USDA Certified Organic.
- InstaNatural’s Rosewater toner is All-natural and free of any chemicals, fillers, artificial fragrances, or irritants.
- This 100% pure rosewater toner is multipurpose. Use it to prime, set, refresh, and remove makeup for an endless glow and a bright complexion.
- Use it as a hair care product by spritzing it on to nourish & provide deep hydration to damaged split ends or dry scalp.
- This calming toner helps soothe, brighten, and refresh the skin.
- Sweet Essential’s 100% Moroccan Rosewater is Food Grade and widely used to add a subtle flavor in desserts and drinks in North African countries.
- This Rosewater is slightly astringent, which makes it an excellent toner. It balances and cleans the skin and unclogs the pores.
- It is Anti-inflammatory and soothes any irritation or redness on the skin.
- This rosewater can be used to moisturize and restore the hair and to protect from heat damage.
- This product is suitable for all skin types.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Rose Water
|1||Poppy Austin Pure Rose Water Facial Toner - Triple Purified Moroccan Rosewater||Poppy Austin||98.8|
|2||Teddie Organics Organic Rose Water - Facial Toner Spray||Teddie Organics||98.3|
|3||Simplified Skin Organic Bulgarian Rose Water - Hydrating Organic Facial Toner||Simplified Skin||97.7|
|4||Alteya Organics Bulgarian Rose Water Toner - Thermal Distilled Organic Toner Mist||Alteya Organics||97.1|
|5||InstaNatural Rose Water Facial Toner - Hydrating Primer Setting Spray & Tightening||InstaNatural||96.4|
|6||Sweet Essentials Premium Organic Moroccan Rose Water - Reviving Rejuvenating Rosewater||Sweet Essentials||95.9|
Table of Contents
- Different Ways of Making Rose Water
- Benefits of Rose Water
- Uses of Rose Water
- Reviews: Best Organic Rose Water
- Poppy Austin® Pure Rose Water Facial Toner Triple Purified Moroccan Rosewater
- Teddie Organics® Organic Rose Water Facial Toner Spray
- Simplified Skin® Organic Bulgarian Rose Water Hydrating Organic Facial Toner
- Alteya Organics® Bulgarian Rose Water Toner Thermal Distilled Organic Toner Mist
- InstaNatural® Rose Water Facial Toner Hydrating Primer Setting Spray & Tightening
- Sweet Essentials® Premium Organic Moroccan Rose Water Reviving Rejuvenating Rosewater
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Rose Water