Has your skin been feeling dry or too flaky lately?
It’s time to switch to an organic moisturizer to help remedy the dry skin from the root of the problem.
Read further for more info on the most common causes of dry skin, how organic moisturizers can help alleviate it, and harmful ingredients that you should avoid to keep your skin in good condition.
Common Causes of Dry Skin
Dry skin is usually attributed to the malfunction of oil glands in the pores. There are several ways that our oil glands can malfunction and stop producing enough oil to keep our skin soft, including:
- Our Diet – what we eat can affect the way our skin looks quite dramatically. This is because our skins are there to help detoxify any excess waste that the liver and kidneys can’t manage. The more load we put on our skins, the more chance of either too dry or too oily skin. Eating a balanced diet will start to remedy acne, as well as how our skin functions.
- Infections – a skin infection can dry the skin out. This is why one should limit the number of times one touches their face in the day and wash their hands before they do to avoid any infections.
- Allergies – allergic reactions can produce dry skin and skin irritations. Make sure there isn’t anything in your vicinity that you are allergic to.
- Dehydration – If you are severely dehydrated, you might suffer from having dry skin. Drink as much water each day as possible if you don’t already drink your 6-8 glasses per day.
- Chemicals – chemicals can dry out the skin and cause rashes or burning. Read the section below to discern if you have any chemicals in your present moisturizer giving you a reaction.
Toxic Ingredients To Avoid For Radiant Skin
Toxic ingredients in your moisturizer can cause damage to your skin, either drying it out, leaving a rash, or worse! Here are a few you should avoid and why:
- Parabens – chemical compounds with the suffix –paraben have been linked to skin cancer, breast cancer, reduce sperm count, reproductive disorders, hormonal disorders, and endocrine disruption.
- Retinol – Retinol (and other derivatives including retinyl palmitate, retinyl acetate, and retinoic acid) are carcinogenic, particularly when exposed to sunlight.
- Artificial Colours & Fragrances – both of these have been listed as being one of the top 5 allergens in the world. Many of them contain hormone disruptors as well as skin irritation, rashes, and more.
- Triclosan – triclosan has been linked to increased cancer, hormonal disruption, endocrine disruption, weakened immune systems, and decreased muscle function. More commonly found in soaps, toothpaste, and deodorant, but occasionally found in body lotion.
While you are looking for the best organic moisturizers, I’m sure a body lotion without chemicals will also be helpful for your dry skin.
Best Organic Moisturizer Ingredients for Pampering Dry Skin
Organic cosmetic ingredients are brilliant at keeping the skin healthy, soft, and in the best shape possible.
Organic ingredients are full of protective phytochemicals, nutrients that protect the skin against damage, potentize the immune system, and help the skin function.
It’s best to use an organic oil carrier combined with other organic ingredients to ensure deep penetration into the skin.
This enables deep tissue regeneration to occur and takes the nutrients right to the causes of the problems, where it’s needed.
Some great natural ingredients to prevent dryness of the skin are:
- Olive Oil – olive oil contains oleic acids and other olive polyphenols, all of which soften the skin, soothe it, disinfect it from bacterial infections and work to restore the oil glands.
- Beeswax – beeswax has been used most commonly in lip balm, but it also will soften the skin anywhere it comes into contact with. Beeswax helps preserves liquid in the skin as well as acting as an antimicrobial.
- Coconut Oil – coconut oil is a powerful antibacterial, antifungal, skin rehydrating oil that acts as a potent anti-inflammatory. Coconut oil is very thick and penetrates the skin deeply.
- Argan Oil – Argan oil is a miracle oil for hair, nails and skin regrowth. The compounds present in it protect the skin from damage as well as restore a youthful glow.
- Aloe – aloe is soothing and protects the skin from free radical damage.
- Herbs – herbs like sage, rosemary, thyme, origanum, and mint all have something in common: rosmarinic acid. This natural phytochemical is a very potent antibacterial and antifungal.
- Green Tea – green tea is made of many wonderful polyphenols which contribute to regenerating skin. Green tea is also known to house many anti-aging compounds, which soften the skin, reverse dryness, and improve its overall quality.
Reviews: Best Organic Dry Skin Moisturizers
Below we have selected some of the best organic moisturizers for dry skin that are available for purchase online.
- All the organic moisturizer ingredients have been carefully selected by holistic Hawaiian beekeepers and are 100% organic.
- Feed your skin with eight entirely organic ingredients and feel your skin problems melt away in as little as a few days!
- The beeswax face of this moisturizer not only fends off dry skin but also promotes anti-aging, skin elasticity, suppleness, and smoothness.
- It comes included with organic olive oil rich in vitamins A and E and many more skin protective ingredients.
- Free from parabens and other synthetic additives, colorants, and flavorings.
- This facial moisturizer is made of 100% organic extracts, all of which are the most powerful portions of the plants that they come from.
- The main active ingredients are fulvic acid mineral components with over 80 nutritional minerals (including chelated gold and platinum).
- The combination of Kigelia, cucumber, and aloe vera all work to keep the skin looking gorgeous by keeping it clean and hydrated.
- MSM reduces pain, swelling, irritations, and improving immune function, blood flow, and energy levels!
- Ideal for all skin types, including damaged skin, sensitive skin, dry skin, oily skin, or aging skin.
- This organic moisturizer handles dry skin by keeping the skin protected from infections or allergies, which can rapidly dry out the skin.
- All three beeswax, olive oil, and coconut oil are excellent at regenerating tissue, trapping moisture in the skin, as well as repairing skin damage.
- Lemon essential oils strip away any excess oils if you have oily skin and prevent the skin from drying out by keeping it hydrated.
- Lavender and Calendula oils will soothe the skin, especially in the case of eczema or dermatitis.
- Ideal for those with dehydrated, sensitive skin but works for all skin types to maintain healthy glowing skin.
- This is another truly inspiring all-organic moisturizer that includes over ten organic ingredients that help keep your skin young and radiant.
- Included in this powerful anti-aging array of natural ingredients lies apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, and aloe vera, all of which protect the skin from cancer and more!
- Argan oil, avocado oil, and macadamia nut oil are deep penetrating, and both have calming skin reparative properties.
- Neroli extract helps to prevent skin infections and imparts a divine natural scent to this moisturizer.
- If you are not satisfied, you can get 100% of your money back.
- Free from cruelty, synthetic compounds, or animal testing.
- Emu Oil is an oil extracted from a gland that the emu possesses, and it happens to be full of stem cells, amongst other organic anti-aging compounds.
- Emu Oil has been proven to tighten skin and pores, protect the skin from damage, and repair scar tissue.
- If you suffer from skin rashes, allergies, eczema, dermatitis, or any other inflammatory skin disorder, emu oil will not only soothe the symptoms but eliminate them!
- This organic moisturizer doubles as a fantastic hair spray, decreasing split ends and keeping hair in great condition.
- It comes in the form of a spray bottle for convenient application to any afflicted skin area.
- Along with Organic Moisture Botanicals, this cream nourishes and calms the most inflamed skin, leaving moisture without residue, and works especially well on dry, dehydrated skin.
- It contains organic Shea Moisture, Cocoa Butter, soothing Oatmeal, Aloe Vera, and Chamomile, making it ideal for rough skin like eczema or seborrheic dermatitis.
- Tree To Tub offers gentle skincare harvested from nature, with no added fragrance.
- This unscented Lotion is free from Toxins, Sulfates, SLS, Parabens, Silicone, DEA/MEA, Gluten, and Artificial Fragrance, as well as Dermatologist Recommended, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Fair Trade, and Sustainably harvested in eco-reserves in Taiwan, protecting local habitat.
- This cream feeds your skin the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids it needs for optimum health with its special robust 10-in-1 natural formula that’s over 86% organic.
- This extra nourishing facial cream is made with organic Aloe Vera, Manuka Honey, MSM, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Blue-Green Algae, Olive Oils, Cocoa Butter, and Hemp Seed Oil with vitamins A, B, C, E.
- It moisturizes down to the base of your skin and lasts up to 8-12 hours.
- The non-greasy formula fully absorbs and leaves no residue on the skin and is ideal for dry skin.
- This anti-aging face cream contains ingredients shown to repair damaged cells, stimulate new cell growth, stimulate collagen production, strengthen fibers, improve elasticity, and protect from damaging free radicals while reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- It is free of toxins, fragrances, fillers, alcohol, or parabens.
- This fast-acting moisturizing skin cream is best for dry, itchy skin, diaper rash, bug bite, after sun, feet, hands, cuticle, elbows, legs.
- The proprietary plant-based healing ointment contains essential fatty acids, calming and nourishing natural oils that rapidly penetrate the skin to repair and protect.
- It instantly restores moisture to dry skin, goes on smooth, absorbs quickly, and results in soft, smooth skin.
- This cream is made in the USA with natural and organic ingredients and is paraben and cruelty-free.
- It contains four natural raw ingredients, including Extra Virgin Olive, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, Vitamin E & Lavender Essential Oil.
- It is Organic, Unrefined, with cold-pressed oils, Vegan, Non-GMO Project Verified, and Gluten and Paraben free.
- This anti-aging moisturizer hydrates for visibly softer and smoother skin and corrects uneven skin tone and minor skin discoloration, calms skin irritation, hives, and cystic acne.
- It nourishes the skin, restores the moisture after damage, and reduces fine lines, age spots, and wrinkles.
- This oil moisturizer is ideal for Psoriasis, Rosacea, and Eczema as well.
- This face lotion is made with organic Aloe Vera, Jojoba, Cocoa, Green Tea, and other all-natural, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and analgesic ingredients to soothe and moisturize irritated or dry areas.
- It helps relieve multiple conditions such as Eczema or Psoriasis.
- This Aloe Vera cream is non-comedogenic and fragrance-free, made with high-quality, organic materials, making it ideal for damaged, dry skin.
- This organic face moisturizer for dry skin is made in the USA and is cruelty-free and free of artificial fragrances, coloring, or parabens.
Comparison Table: Top Organic Moisturizers for Dry Skin
Table of Contents
- Common Causes of Dry Skin
- Toxic Ingredients To Avoid For Radiant Skin
- Best Organic Moisturizer Ingredients for Pampering Dry Skin
- Reviews: Best Organic Dry Skin Moisturizers
- Bee Friendly Skincare® Organic Face & Eye Cream Organic Beeswax Facial Moisturizer
- My Skin’s Friend® Organic Facial Moisturizer Potent Antioxidant Facial Moisturising Cream
- Fysio® Olive Oil Honey Bee Moisturizer Soothing Organic Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Botanical Green Care® Moisturizing Skin Cream Anti-Aging Wrinkle-Proof Dry Skin Care Moisturizer
- Azure Naturals® Ultimate Spray-On Skin Moisturizer Pure Organic Spray-On Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Tree to Tub® Lotion Organic Dry Skin Moisturizer
- Era Organics® Extra Nourishing Organic Face Moisturizer
- THENA Natural Wellness® Healing Dry Skin Moisturizer Cream
- Ancient Greek Remedy® Oil Natural Oil Blend Moisturizer
- Avera Organics® Dry Skin Face and Body Moisturizer
- Comparison Table: Top Organic Moisturizers for Dry Skin