Many popular regular lotions are so chemical-laden that they contaminate the environment and wear down your skin. That simply means – It’s time to opt for organic lotions.
When we say organic lotions, it means lotions made of certified natural, plant-based, and organic ingredients. And, they should be cruelty-free as well.
Why Organic Lotions are Good For Your Skin?
Know this: not all body lotions are created equal. Some are chemical-based. Some are natural but still contain a couple of synthetic materials. Then some lotions are 100% organic – the one that fascinates us.
Onto why you should choose organic lotions:
Many conventional lotions contain synthetic oils, fragrances, and other harmful chemicals. Those unnatural components exacerbate skin dryness or irritation. Plus, they result in serious skin related problems – including skin cancer.
And, there come organic lotions! They are, of course, made with all-natural ingredients. Plus, they are packed with nutrients, essential oils, emollients, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory compounds. The result – you can easily fight dryness, dullness, and aging signs – without chemical fillers!
Dangers of Conventional Body Lotions
So, you try all body lotions under the sun to keep your skin soft and supple? But did you know what to avoid in the lotion? When you are shopping for your next body lotion (read: conventional), keep a lookout for any of these harmful names.
Fragrance: Beware of them. They can disrupt your endocrine system.
Benzyl Alcohol: Alcohols, in general, dry out your skin. Benzyl alcohol goes one step further and can cause cancer.
PEG-100 stearate: It pollutes both your internal organs and our external environment. Stay away from products containing PEG-100 stearate if you want to protect your lungs, kidneys, and brain.
BPA: This is another carcinogen that causes early puberty and metabolic disorders.
Triclosan: a banned chemical which disrupts your endocrine function.
Some more name to look for: PEG, Polyoxyethylene, Oxynol, Parabens, Phthalates Methylisothiazolinone (MIT), Toluene etc.
Now you know why we preach (and practice) ‘GO ORGANIC.’ If you’ve made up your mind to ditch chemical-laden lotions and embrace organic lotions, read on.
How To Choose A Natural Organic Lotions?
Choosing an organic lotion helps you go green. But with ‘n’ number of brands out there, how will you choose the right one? Here are some tips.
Nature of the ingredient: Skin absorbs everything that comes in contact with it. Thus, it is important to check the nature of the ingredient. When you scan the product labels, you can see ‘natural’, certified organic’, ‘100% organic’, or ‘100% pure’. Ensure what the manufacturer claims are true.
Plant-based ingredients: Fruits, essential oils, natural fragrances, and botanical extracts are healthy for you and the environment.
No animal fats, No animal testing: While you embrace all-natural products, you may also join the cruelty-free movement. Leaping Bunny Logo or the Certified Vegan Logo will ensure no animals are harmed while making the magic potion for your body.
Reviews: The Best Organic Body Lotions
Looking for an organic lotion to layer your skin with? Here are our top picks.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- A daily hand & body lotion that checks all the boxes. Organic – Check; Vegan – Check; Paraben-free – Check; Gluten-free – Check; Cruelty-free – Check; Biodegradable – Check.
- Packed with hydrating agents from Organic Shea Butter, Vitamin E, and botanical extracts, this organic lotion has everything your skin needs to remain soft and supple.
- Being fragrance-free and hypoallergenic, this is a must-try lotion for all skin types.
- A little goes a long way with this organic lotion. Just a dime-sized product is enough to moisturize both hands.
- The lotion is lightweight and has great absorbing power. To top it all off, it doesn’t leave a greasy residue behind.
- A true customer favorite, you can use it immediately after showering for better results.
- Dryness is the prime enemy of your skin. Meet the very definition of a moisturizing lotion – Alba Botanica Very Emollient Original Unscented Body Lotion!
- Formulated with aloe, cucumber extract, and chamomile, it promises an uber hydrating experience. Furthermore, it nourishes and locks moisture: the result – dewy, glossy skin.
- This cult-favorite has no harsh chemicals. It is unscented, hypoallergenic, and cruelty-free, too.
- The botanical emollients soothe the irritated, dry skin. Though it is better suited for overly dry skin, it is suitable for sensitive skin as well. Why? Because it has naturally soothing cucumber and chamomile oil.
- Choose this thick, rich formula for a grease-free, well-hydrated skin.
- If you think hemp oil is only an antidepressant, an anti-inflammatory compound, think again. This, when used as a skin lotion, can condition your dry, irritated skin. It doesn’t stop there: the hemp oil reduces signs of aging, too.
- The other key ingredients that form HEMPZ Pure Herbal Extract are Shea Butter and Ginseng. Vitamins, essential fatty acids, and other phytonutrients present in them provide hydration and nourishment.
- Not to forget, ginseng is prized for its incredible anti-aging properties. It doesn’t contain paraben, Gluten, and THC.
- The formula is naturally scented with flowers and banana. Not overly greasy and effortlessly seeps into the skin.
- Given its effectiveness and ingredients, we have no regret in saying this: there are a few organic lotions that can compete with Everyone Lotion.
- This 3-in-1 lotion has coconut and lemon essential oil. For the starters, these two essential oils are superb in replenishing the luster of the dull, dry skin. They also soothe irritated skin.
- Other key ingredients used in this formula are aloe vera and Vitamin E. Together, these ingredients leave your skin visibly softer, young, and radiant.
- You can generously use this on the face, body, and hands. Biggest bonus: you’ll get two 32oz bottles of product.
- Other reasons to invest in this product – it is cruelty-, paraben-, polysorbate-, EDTA-, and gluten-free.
- When it comes to silky skin and glowy radiance, this Rejuvenating Magnesium Lotion is hard to beat. Seven Minerals has used future-proof micro-technology to bring this lotion alive.
- It’s thick, extremely moisturizing, and keeps your skin hydrated for a long time. It doesn’t like oily residue behind.
- The star ingredient is pure magnesium chloride sourced from 250-million-year-old Permian Seabed. From skin regeneration to improving skin elasticity, circulation, and collagen production, it does only good things to your skin.
- You can also see organic Shea Butter, avocado butter, lavender oil, and lemon oil on the label.
- This formula is free from hormone disruptors, carcinogenic chemicals, and artificial fragrances & colors.
- Each package contauns 1 12Oz. bottle of Avalon Organics Unscented Aloe Hand & Body Lotion.
- It deeply nourishes and moisturizes dry, sensitive skin.
- This product is certified organic, plant-based, and formulated with organic botanicals and essential oils.
- It does not contain GMOs, parabens, harsh preservatives, synthetic colors or fragrances, phthalates, or sulfates.
- It is Cruelty-free and Organic.
- This lotion contains Aloe, Shea butter, and Vitamin E to nourisher, soothe and hydrate dry and damaged skin.
- This hydrating organic lotion provides all-over hydration.
- It deeply nourishes the skin because of the vitamin and essential fatty acid-rich Shea butter in it.
- This lotion also contains 100% Coconut Oil blends with Murumuru Butter to replenish skin, leaving it soft and hydrated.
- The hydrating lotion is rich in Vitamin A, C, and Omega 3,6,9 fatty acids.
- The shea butter used in this lotion is fair-trade sourced.
- This product is free of Sulfates, Parabens, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, and Petroleum.
- It is not tested on animals.
- This lotion is formulated with USDA Organic and Fair Trade ingredients.
- It contains Jojoba oil to heal and soothe, Coconut oil to moisturize as well as Hemp and Avocado oils to keep skin smooth and supple.
- Only the finest, fragrance-free essential oils are used in this lotion.
- It is suitable for all skin types and can be used all over the body and face.
- This lotion is highly emollient, so you only need a small amount.
- This gentle body lotion nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
- It contains only the most essential ingredients.
- This product is water-free, gluten-free, and naturally preserved.
- This lotion is long-lasting and relieves dry and irritated skin quickly.
- Ecco Bella employed a unique technique to replace the water with aloe vera and seven organic oils and butter.
- It comes with an enticing vanilla scent.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Body Lotions
|1||Puracy Organic - Hand & Body Lotion||Puracy||98.1|
|2||Alba Botanica 100% Vegetarian - Unscented Body Lotion||Alba Botanica||97|
|3||Hempz Pure Herbal - Hemp Seed Oil Moisturizer||Hempz||98|
|4||Everyone Natural - Coconut and Lemon Lotion||Everyone||98|
|5||Seven Minerals Natural - Magnesium Body Lotion||Seven Minerals||97|
|6||Avalon Unscented - Organic Hand & Body Lotion||Avalon||96.4|
|7||SheaMoisture All-over - Organic Hydrating Body Lotion||SheaMoisture||95.8|
|8||Dr. Bronner's Soothing - Organic Face and Body Lotion||Dr. Bronner's||95.1|
|9||Ecco Bella Herbal - Vitamin E Organic Body Lotion||Ecco Bella||94.4|
Table of Contents
- Why Organic Lotions are Good For Your Skin?
- Dangers of Conventional Body Lotions
- How To Choose A Natural Organic Lotions?
- Reviews: The Best Organic Body Lotions
- Puracy® Organic Hand & Body Lotion
- Alba Botanica® 100% Vegetarian Unscented Body Lotion
- Hempz® Pure Herbal Hemp Seed Oil Moisturizer
- Everyone® Natural Coconut and Lemon Lotion
- Seven Minerals® Natural Magnesium Body Lotion
- Avalon® Unscented Organic Hand & Body Lotion
- SheaMoisture® All-over Organic Hydrating Body Lotion
- Dr. Bronner's® Soothing Organic Face and Body Lotion
- Ecco Bella® Herbal Vitamin E Organic Body Lotion
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Body Lotions