Shaving cream is a must-have for anyone that wants to make shaving an effortless experience. Its purpose is to retain moisture and provide lubrication, so the blade glides away smoothly, leaving a perfect finish.
It is important that you choose a good shaving cream, and you probably have no idea of the number of harmful chemicals most ones have. Your best choice is an organic cream that contains natural ingredients.
Keep reading to find out why you need to get organic shaving cream.
Ingredients to Avoid on a Shaving Cream
Sulfates – You may check them on the ingredients label as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium Laureth sulfate (SLE). They are commonly used in the cosmetic industry because they are cheap and have a cleansing effect. The problem with them is that they can irritate the eyes, skin, and lungs. Sometimes they can get contaminated with a substance called 1,4-dioxane, which is known to cause cancer in laboratory animals.
Mineral Oil – It is a petroleum byproduct, it works as a moisturizer, but in fact, it blocks pores and is comedogenic. It has been associated with skin irritation, allergies, and cancer.
Formaldehyde – It is a chemical compound that works as a preservative and has antibacterial properties. It has been known as a human carcinogen since 2011, causes general damage to the nervous system. It is a respiratory irritant and increases the risk of asthma and allergies on kids.
Propylene Glycol – This is an additive that is commonly used on foods and cosmetics products. They have been linked with dry skin, rashes, dermatitis. It can also build up in the bloodstream of people with kidney or liver disease.
Fragrance – They are linked to irritated skin and allergies. They may also cause neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, and cancer.
Phthalates – They extend the life of fragrances and make products smooth. They are endocrine disruptors, when it is absorbed through the skin, it can enhance the adverse effects or other chemicals, and it can lead to liver and kidney damage in young children.
Best Natural Ingredients to Look for on a Shaving Cream
Coconut Oil – It has antibacterial properties, reduces inflammation and relieves pain. It is going to allow a perfect shave, and your skin is going to feel smooth and soft.
Aloe Vera – It contains an enzyme called carboxypeptidase, which acts as a pain reliever. It has anti-inflammatory properties, helps to retain moisture in the skin, and it leaves the skin smooth and soft.
Essential Oils – They help to relieve irritation, have antibacterial properties, they are full of vitamins and nourishing ingredients, and can improve the skin texture. In addition to that, they have a natural, delicious smell.
Grape Seed Oil – It has a high content of vitamin E, it acts as an antioxidant reducing the damage of free radicals, fades dark spots, contains high levels of linoleic acid which works wonders to moisturize the skin, and speed ups the healing process.
Hemp Oil – It moisturizes the skin without clogging the pores, regulates the skin oil production, it has a high content of gamma-linoleic acid which stimulates the skin regeneration, relieves inflammation and irritation. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and it can reduce the symptoms of dermatitis.
Jojoba Oil – It is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to nourish your skin. It balances the oil production while moisturizing your skin at the same time. Reduces inflammation and prevents the growth of bacteria on the skin.
Reasons to Switch your Regular Shaving Cream for an Organic One
It is Going to Deeply Moisturize your Skin – Most shaving creams promise to leave your skin soft and moisture, but they actually contain harmful chemicals that leave it dry and prone to irritation. When you use organic shaving cream, you know its natural ingredients are going to nourish your skin and leave it smooth.
No More Irritation – Harmful chemicals irritate your skin and may cause allergic reactions. Natural ingredients reduce irritation, helps to repair your skin, and are less likely going to cause allergic reactions.
They Lubricate the Skin – They have a smooth texture that allows the blade to glide easily, and it reduces the chances of getting cuts. Your skin is going to feel moisture after you finish.
Reviews: Best Organic Shaving Cream for Women
The below list consists of the best Organic Shaving Cream for Women available in the market.
- This shaving cream is made with organic fair-trade sugar combined with organic white grape juice as well as a blend of organic coconut and hemp oil.
- It has a creamy Castile lather texture and leaves the skin nourished and moisturized.
- This multifunctional shaving gel allows a comfortable shave as well as cleanses and hydrates the skin all at once, whether it’s your face, underarms or legs.
- It contains Shikakai powder, which has been in use for skin care in India for centuries.
- This product is free of any synthetic preservatives or detergents and is made of completely plant-based ingredients.
- The organic sugar is fair-trade sourced from Brazil and results in caramel color and sweet aroma.
- This moisturizing shave cream is made with nourishing all-organic ingredients.
- It comes with a Pomegranate and Grapefruit scent that brings a refreshing feeling to the shaving experience.
- This product is Vegan, Cruelty-free, and does not contain any Parabens and Phthalates.
- The 4 in 1 cream formula soothes, smooths, softens and hydrates the skin.
- It is packed with Vitamin E, olive oil as well as moisture-rich botanicals such as Goldenseal, Lemongrass, and Aloe.
- This product is formulated with gluten-free ingredients.
- It is created by wet shavers and for wet shavers.
- The soap-based shaving cream produces a thick lather to lubricate the skin and soften the hair.
- This cream allows for a super close shave and minimizes razor burn and irritation.
- It allows the razor to work perfectly.
- Mid Century Shaving cream is made using fewer than ten ingredients, making this safe for everyone.
- The vegan formula is completely plant-based, cruelty-free, and does not contain any harmful chemicals like Parabens or Triethanolamine.
- The smooth shaving butter allows for a super close shave without any scraping, pulling, nicks or razor burns.
- This formula is latherless and non-clogging, making it suitable for all skin types and age groups.
- It contains Jojoba oil, sea buckthorn, and shea butter, all of which work together to nourish and protect the skin.
- The cream comes with natural anti-inflammatory properties.
- It does not contain any Parabens, preservatives, or synthetic ingredients as well as Gluten.
- Gaffer & Child shave butter is Non-GMO, Vegan, and is a PETA partner.
- The shaving cream shields from razor burns and irritation and is ideal for sensitive skin.
- It is free of any harsh chemicals and comes with an EWG rating of 0.
- This product is rich in lubricating emollient, which ensures the skin is moisturized.
- It rinses away completely and leaves the skin smooth to the touch.
- Nurture My Body shave cream is fragrance-free, non-foaming, and long-lasting.
- This is a concentrated and non-lathering shaving cream.
- It minimizes nicks and cuts and cushions against razor burns and irritation.
- The sublime texture, robust natural aroma, and extraordinary performance will make this your favorite shaving cream in no time.
- It naturally nourishes the skin due to the naturally-derived ingredients such as hydrating shea, soothing aloe, conditioning willow bark, and toning Birch sap.
- The natural cream is free of parabens, petrochemicals, sulfates, glycols, silicones, or PEGs, as well as any synthetic fragrances or dyes.
- It is cruelty-free and organic.
- The natural fragrance of the cream has hints of ginger, grapefruit, vetiver, and bergamot, making it light and refreshing.
- It contains Bentonite Clay that wicks toxins and impurities away from the skin and ensures that the beneficial oils and extracts stick to the body long enough to work their magic.
- It also contains Calendula, Rosemary, and Vetiver, all of which reduce irritation and inflammation.
- The Aloe, Saponified Oils of Coconut, Olive, and Sunflower added to provide lather and lubrication.
- All the ingredients result in a fresh, earthy scent that stays with you long after shaving.
- It takes only a small quantity of this shower gel to allow the razor to slide over every bump and cranny and result in a smooth, painless shave.
- It is made in the USA in small batches, as well as cruelty-free and environmentally friendly.
- It is made with 100% Natural ingredients, Vitamins, Essential Oils, and is Vegan.
- This product is Cruelty-free, toxin-free, Organic, as well as Alcohol-Free, Paraben-Free, Paba Free, Fragrance-Free, and does not contain any Sulfates.
- The all-natural, organic combination of Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Macadamia Nut Oil and Soybean Oil
- offers a cushion of protection against razor burn, irritation, nicks, and cuts.
- It leaves skin hydrated and refreshed with a touch of relaxing lavender and invigorating orange.
- This is a zero waste organic shaving soap made especially for women.
- This gentle soap is Cold Processed (no heating of the ingredients), to retain maximum nourishment from the ingredients.
- It is an economical option as it lasts longer than shaving foam.
- This shaving soap is certified Vegan and Organic, as well as free of any Sulfate or harsh ingredients.
- It is handmade by Artisans in France.
- This shaving set includes a pre-shave body scrub and a shaving oil.
- It prevents nicks, cuts, bumps, dryness as well as ingrown hair and gives you smoothest skin.
- These products are rich in Vitamin E, which is especially good to treat and prevent stretch marks, acne, and eczema as well as for polishing the skin.
- The all-organic ingredients work together to soothe, soften, hydrate, and moisturize the skin.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Shaving Cream for Women
|1||Dr. Bronner's Soothing - Organic Shaving Soap||Dr. Bronner's||98.9|
|2||Kiss My Face Moisturizing - Pomegranate Grapefruit Shave||Kiss My Face||99.1|
|3||Mid Century Shaving Soap - Organic Shaving Cream||Mid Century Shaving||98.6|
|4||GAFFER & CHILD Natural - Organic Shave Butter||GAFFER & CHILD||98.1|
|5||Nurture My Body Organic - Natural Shave Cream||Nurture My Body||97.8|
|6||Ursa Major Stellar - Natural Shaving Cream||Ursa Major||97.5|
|7||Fieldworks Another Close Shave - Natural Shave Gel||Fieldworks||97.2|
|8||Simply Radiant Glimmer Goddess - Organic Shave Cream||Simply Radiant||96.9|
|9||BALADE EN PROVENCE Artisan - Organic Shaving Soap||BALADE EN PROVENCE||96.6|
|10||Bikini Soft Shave Set - Coconut Joy Shave Oil||Bikini Soft||96.2|
Table of Contents
- Ingredients to Avoid on a Shaving Cream
- Best Natural Ingredients to Look for on a Shaving Cream
- Reasons to Switch your Regular Shaving Cream for an Organic One
- Reviews: Best Organic Shaving Cream for Women
- Dr. Bronner's® Soothing Organic Shaving Soap
- Kiss My Face® Moisturizing Pomegranate Grapefruit Shave
- Mid Century Shaving® Soap Organic Shaving Cream
- GAFFER & CHILD® Natural Organic Shave Butter
- Nurture My Body® Organic Natural Shave Cream
- Ursa Major® Stellar Natural Shaving Cream
- Fieldworks® Another Close Shave Natural Shave Gel
- Simply Radiant® Glimmer Goddess Organic Shave Cream
- BALADE EN PROVENCE® Artisan Organic Shaving Soap
- Bikini Soft® Shave Set Coconut Joy Shave Oil
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Shaving Cream for Women