Shaving cream is a must-have for anyone that wants to make shaving an effortless experience. Its purpose is to retain moisture and provide lubrication, so the blade glides away smoothly, leaving a perfect finish.
You must choose a good shaving cream, and you probably have no idea of the number of harmful chemicals most ones have. Your best choice is an organic cream that contains natural ingredients.
Keep reading to find out why you need to get organic shaving cream.
Ingredients to Avoid on a Shaving Cream
Sulfates – You may check them on the ingredients label as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium Laureth sulfate (SLE). They are commonly used in the cosmetic industry because they are cheap and have a cleansing effect. The problem with them is that they can irritate the eyes, skin, and lungs. Sometimes they can get contaminated with a substance called 1,4-dioxane, which is known to cause cancer in laboratory animals.
Mineral Oil – It is a petroleum byproduct, it works as a moisturizer, but in fact, it blocks pores and is comedogenic. It has been associated with skin irritation, allergies, and cancer.
Formaldehyde – It is a chemical compound that works as a preservative and has antibacterial properties. It has been known as a human carcinogen since 2011, causes general damage to the nervous system. It is a respiratory irritant and increases asthma and allergies in kids.
Propylene Glycol – This is an additive that is commonly used on foods and cosmetics products. They have been linked with dry skin, rashes, dermatitis. It can also build up in the bloodstream of people with kidney or liver disease.
Fragrance – They are linked to irritated skin and allergies. They may also cause neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, and cancer.
Phthalates – They extend the life of fragrances and make products smooth. They are endocrine disruptors; when absorbed through the skin, it can enhance the adverse effects or other chemicals, leading to liver and kidney damage in young children.
Best Natural Ingredients to Look for on a Shaving Cream
Coconut Oil – It has antibacterial properties, reduces inflammation and relieves pain. It will allow a perfect shave, and your skin will feel smooth and soft.
Aloe Vera – It contains an enzyme called carboxypeptidase, which acts as a pain reliever. It has anti-inflammatory properties, helps retain moisture in the skin, and leaves the skin smooth and soft.
Essential Oils – They help relieve irritation, have antibacterial properties, are full of vitamins and nourishing ingredients, and improve skin texture. In addition to that, they have a natural, delicious smell.
Grape Seed Oil – It has a high content of vitamin E, it acts as an antioxidant reducing the damage of free radicals, fades dark spots, contains high levels of linoleic acid, which works wonders to moisturize the skin, and speed ups the healing process.
Hemp Oil – It moisturizes the skin without clogging the pores and regulates skin oil production. High gamma-linoleic acid content stimulates skin regeneration, relieves inflammation, and irritates. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, reducing the symptoms of dermatitis.
Jojoba Oil – It is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to nourish your skin. It balances the oil production while moisturizing your skin at the same time. Reduces inflammation and prevents the growth of bacteria on the skin.
Reasons to Switch your Regular Shaving Cream for an Organic One
It is Going to Deeply Moisturize your Skin – Most shaving creams promise to leave your skin soft and moisture, but they actually contain harmful chemicals that leave it dry and prone to irritation. When you use organic shaving cream, you know its natural ingredients will nourish your skin and leave it smooth.
No More Irritation – Harmful chemicals irritate your skin and may cause allergic reactions. Natural ingredients reduce irritation, repair your skin, and are less likely going to cause allergic reactions.
They Lubricate the Skin – They have a smooth texture that allows the blade to glide easily, and it reduces the chances of getting cuts. Your skin is going to feel moisture after you finish.
Reviews: Best Organic Shaving Cream for Women
The below list consists of the best Organic Shaving Cream for Women available in the market.
- This shaving cream is made with organic fair-trade sugar combined with organic white grape juice and a blend of organic coconut and hemp oil.
- It has a creamy Castile lather texture and leaves the skin nourished and moisturized.
- This multifunctional shaving gel allows a comfortable shave as well as cleanses and hydrates the skin all at once, whether it’s your face, underarms, or legs.
- It contains Shikakai powder, which has been in use for skincare in India for centuries.
- This product is free of synthetic preservatives or detergents and is made of completely plant-based ingredients.
- The organic sugar is fair-trade sourced from Brazil and results in caramel color and sweet aroma.
- This moisturizing shave cream is made with nourishing all-organic ingredients.
- It comes with a Pomegranate and Grapefruit scent that brings a refreshing feeling to the shaving experience.
- This product is Vegan, Cruelty-free, and does not contain any Parabens and Phthalates.
- The 4 in 1 cream formula soothes, smooths, softens, and hydrates the skin.
- It is packed with Vitamin E, olive oil, and moisture-rich botanicals such as Goldenseal, Lemongrass, and Aloe.
- This product is formulated with gluten-free ingredients.
- This shaving set includes a pre-shave body scrub and a shaving oil.
- It prevents nicks, cuts, bumps, dryness, and ingrown hair and gives you the smoothest skin.
- These products are rich in Vitamin E, which is especially good to treat and prevent stretch marks, acne, and eczema and polishing the skin.
- The all-organic ingredients work together to soothe, soften, hydrate, and moisturize the skin.
- The smooth shaving butter allows for a super close shave without any scraping, pulling, nicks or razor burns.
- This formula is latherless and non-clogging, making it suitable for all skin types and age groups.
- It contains Jojoba oil, sea buckthorn, and shea butter, all of which work together to nourish and protect the skin.
- The cream comes with natural anti-inflammatory properties.
- It does not contain any Parabens, preservatives, synthetic ingredients, and Gluten.
- Gaffer & Child shave butter is Non-GMO, Vegan, and is a PETA partner.
- The shaving cream shields from razor burns and irritation and is ideal for sensitive skin.
- It is free of any harsh chemicals and comes with an EWG rating of 0.
- This product is rich in lubricating emollients, ensuring the skin is moisturized.
- It rinses away completely and leaves the skin smooth to the touch.
- Nurture My Body shave cream is fragrance-free, non-foaming, and long-lasting.
- This is a concentrated and non-lathering shaving cream.
- It minimizes nicks and cuts and cushions against razor burns and irritation.
- The sublime texture, robust natural aroma, and extraordinary performance will make this your favorite shaving cream in no time.
- It naturally nourishes the skin due to the naturally-derived ingredients such as hydrating shea, soothing aloe, conditioning willow bark, and toning Birch sap.
- The natural cream is free of parabens, petrochemicals, sulfates, glycols, silicones, or PEGs, as well as any synthetic fragrances or dyes.
- It is cruelty-free and organic.
- The cream’s natural fragrance has hints of ginger, grapefruit, vetiver, and bergamot, making it light and refreshing.
- It contains Bentonite Clay that wicks toxins and impurities away from the skin and ensures that the beneficial oils and extracts stick to the body long enough to work their magic.
- It also contains Calendula, Rosemary, and Vetiver, all of which reduce irritation and inflammation.
- The Aloe, Saponified Oils of Coconut, Olive, and Sunflower added lather and lubrication.
- All the ingredients result in a fresh, earthy scent that stays with you long after shaving.
- It takes only a small quantity of this shower gel to allow the razor to slide over every bump and cranny and result in a smooth, painless shave.
- It is made in the USA in small batches and cruelty-free and environmentally friendly.
- It is made with 100% Natural ingredients, Vitamins, Essential Oils, and is Vegan.
- This product is Cruelty-free, toxin-free, Organic, and Alcohol-Free, Paraben-Free, Paba Free, Fragrance-Free, and does not contain any Sulfates.
- The all-natural, organic combination of Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Macadamia Nut Oil and Soybean Oil
- offers a cushion of protection against razor burn, irritation, nicks, and cuts.
- It leaves skin hydrated and refreshed with a touch of relaxing lavender and invigorating orange.
- This is a zero waste organic shaving soap made especially for women.
- This gentle soap is Cold Processed (no heating of the ingredients) to retain maximum nourishment from the ingredients.
- It is an economical option as it lasts longer than shaving foam.
- This shaving soap is certified Vegan and Organic and free of any Sulfate or harsh ingredients.
- It is handmade by Artisans in France.
- It is created by wet shavers and for wet shavers.
- The soap-based shaving cream produces a thick lather to lubricate the skin and soften the hair.
- This cream allows for a super close shave and minimizes razor burn and irritation.
- It allows the razor to work perfectly.
- Mid Century Shaving cream is made using fewer than ten ingredients, making this safe for everyone.
- The vegan formula is completely plant-based, cruelty-free, and does not contain any harmful chemicals like Parabens or Triethanolamine.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Shaving Cream for Women
|1||Dr. Bronner's Soothing - Organic Shaving Soap||Dr. Bronner's||98.9|
|2||Kiss My Face Moisturizing - Pomegranate Grapefruit Shave||Kiss My Face||99.1|
|3||Bikini Soft Shave Set - Coconut Joy Shave Oil||Bikini Soft||96.2|
|4||GAFFER & CHILD Natural - Organic Shave Butter||GAFFER & CHILD||98.1|
|5||Nurture My Body Organic - Natural Shave Cream||Nurture My Body||97.8|
|6||Ursa Major Stellar - Natural Shaving Cream||Ursa Major||97.5|
|7||Fieldworks Another Close Shave - Natural Shave Gel||Fieldworks||97.2|
|8||Simply Radiant Glimmer Goddess - Organic Shave Cream||Simply Radiant||96.9|
|9||BALADE EN PROVENCE Artisan - Organic Shaving Soap||BALADE EN PROVENCE||96.6|
|10||Mid Century Shaving Soap - Organic Shaving Cream||Mid Century Shaving||98.6|
Table of Contents
- Ingredients to Avoid on a Shaving Cream
- Best Natural Ingredients to Look for on a Shaving Cream
- Reasons to Switch your Regular Shaving Cream for an Organic One
- Reviews: Best Organic Shaving Cream for Women
- Dr. Bronner's® Soothing Organic Shaving Soap
- Kiss My Face® Moisturizing Pomegranate Grapefruit Shave
- Bikini Soft® Shave Set Coconut Joy Shave Oil
- GAFFER & CHILD® Natural Organic Shave Butter
- Nurture My Body® Organic Natural Shave Cream
- Ursa Major® Stellar Natural Shaving Cream
- Fieldworks® Another Close Shave Natural Shave Gel
- Simply Radiant® Glimmer Goddess Organic Shave Cream
- BALADE EN PROVENCE® Artisan Organic Shaving Soap
- Mid Century Shaving® Soap Organic Shaving Cream
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Shaving Cream for Women