The world of deodorants and antiperspirants is expanding day by day. Unfortunately, many of the cult-favorites contain chemicals and toxins – including aluminum, paraben, triclosan, and more. Thankfully, we have organic and all-natural deodorants.
Scroll down – Vegan to chemical-free deodorants are waiting ahead. After all, who doesn’t love aluminum-free pits that actually smell like lavender, roses, and citrusy?
Toxic Ingredients in Your Regular Deodorant
Did you know that the number of chemicals that go into your system in the name of personal care products? Countless! And, your regular deodorant is no exception. Here’s a list of toxic ingredients found in deodorants and antiperspirants.
- Parabens – A commonly used preservative, it is linked to disrupting hormonal levels, prostate cancer, and breast cancer.
Aluminum – Skin easily absorbs aluminum compounds in deodorant. The result -hormonal imbalance and increased risk of breast cancer.
Triclosan – According to the FDA, this is a pesticide. Yet almost all personal care products have this as one of the many ingredients. When combined with water, it forms chloroform.
Propylene Glycol – It can damage your central nervous system, heart, and liver. It is also a skin irritant. The chemical is harmful to even 2%. Did you know how much propylene glycol is present in many deodorants? It’s’s up to 50%.
Artificial Colors – They can cause skin irritations to skin cancer. Period.
Benefits of Natural Organic Deodorant
Compared to their non-natural counterparts, organic deodorants provide a chock full of benefits.
- They don’t block pores, so that good bacteria continue their job. That means, less odor even when you aren’t wearing any deo.
The natural ingredients kill the bacteria rather than stopping the sweating.
Unlike the regular deodorants, a natural deodorant doesn’t leave streaks on your tees or shirts.
Naturally, you become a part of eco-friendly practices. Many organic deodorants come in biodegradable, zero wastage packing.
Ingredients in a Good Natural Organic Deodorant
- Aluminum-free baking soda – It is best at neutralizing odors and absorbing moisture. But, you should look specifically for aluminum-free baking soda. That said, keep in mind that too much baking soda isn’t good for the skin’s pH.
Organic arrowroot powder – A great moisture absorber and a thickening agent, arrowroot powder is another ingredient that won’t harm your skin.
Organic essential oils – They are the star ingredients of many organic deodorants available in the market. The best essential oils to look for: bergamot, cypress, lavender, tea tree, clary sage, and rosemary.
Organic carrier oils – The majority of the carrier oils are anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial in nature. Plus, they’re great moisturizing agents. For example, coconut oil has lauric acid that kills odor-causing bacteria.
Organic hops – They fight the odor-causing bacteria to keep your armpits fresh. If you aren’t aware, they are a natural preservative, too.
Reviews: Best Organic Deodorants
Here are our top 5 organic deodorants to keep you feeling and – most importantly – smelling fresh all day.
- Unsure if natural/organic deodorants keep sweat at bay? Start with this all-natural deodorant by Green Tidings.
- It is filled with everything that absorbs perspiration, protects against bacteria, and odor stoppers. Some of the names you can find on the label are Organic Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Wildcrafted Candelilla Wax, Magnesium Oil, and 100% pure essential oils.
- It also has organic lavender essential oil, which acts as an antiseptic. Hence suitable for sensitive skin prone to acne or irritations.
- This deodorant is free from aluminum, parabens, phthalates, triclosan, and other potentially toxic ingredients.
- Great for men and women.
- This formula features coconut oil to block odors and arrowroot powder to absorb wetness.
- Natural candelilla wax, shea butter, and tea tree oil around the rest of this deodorant – making it great for dry, sensitive skin.
- It is free of chemicals that harm your skin – aluminum, paraben, toxins, and propylene-glycol.
- The deodorant stick is easy to maneuver across the underarms. Post-application, it gives an ”almost nothing feels” on the skin. No flakes and clumps, here.
- Certified vegan and cruelty-free, the product comes packaged in 100% recyclable plastic tubes.
- Sam’s Natural offers 17 divine combinations for you to explore.
- An organic and all-natural deodorant designed for men and women! It features a combination of kaolin clay, organic jojoba oil, vegan shelf stable probiotics, organic coconut oil, and organic arrowroot powder.
- Each stick is handcrafted without baking soda, aluminum, BPA, gluten, paraben, and alcohol. It is unscented, too.
- If you are sensitive to baking soda and gluten, this is the best bet to keep your underarm fresh.
- The brand claims to offer long-lasting protection of up to 24 hours. It actually goes on white. Hence, you may need to rub in well with your fingers.
- Best part – it comes with money back guarantee.
- 6 natural ingredients, no chemical fillers or additives – and, you get this long-lasting deo formula.
- The blend of essential oils that go into this product is lavender, citrus, rosemary, and Cyprus. Other ingredients used are certified organic arrowroot powder, shea, baking soda, and coconut oil.
- The natural lavender oil specifically fights odor-causing bacteria while shea and coconut oil gives plenty of hydration.
- This lightly lavender-scented formula is certified vegan and cruelty-free.
- Being non-sticky and non-greasy, this is a trusted formula for women. Safe enough for children, too.
- If you are in ”Team Eco-friendly”, this is for you. The container is recyclable, BPA Free, and label is tree-free.
- Have you tried organic deodorants before, but weren’t happy with the way they control sweat and odor? Meet your new organic deodorant – Baking Soda Free Lavender Deodorant Cream by Meow Meow Tweet.
- Made just for the sensitive skin types, it’s’s long-lasting and doesn’t strip natural skin pH levels.
- Instead of baking soda, it has dietary magnesium to neutralize odor. Organic arrowroot powder is also included to absorb perspiration.
- Other certified organic ingredients that make this formula are shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and a variety of other organic essential oils.
- The vegan and the cruelty-free formula doesn’t contain aluminum, palm oil, parabens, sulfates, and gluten.
- Bonus points: biodegradable, eco-friendly packaging.
- This natural deodorant provides a clean formula without any harmful ingredients such as Baking Soda, Parabens, Aluminum Chlorohydrate, Zirconium, or any synthetic preservatives GMO-Free. It is also Phthalate-Free, Triclosan-Free.
- This effective deodorant is without the stickiness for comfortability.
- The ‘Original Essence’ scent of this deodorant blends fresh, floral, and zesty tones, creating a unique, well-balanced scent.
- The ingredients for our deodorant grow organically under a warm tropical sun, in harmony with nature.
- This deodorant is made with Magnesium, zinc oxide, & hemp seed oil. Magnesium topically helps deodorize the body more efficiently, Zinc oxide reacts with the short fatty acids responsible for body odor & converts them into odorless salts.
- This stick will last 2-3x longer than other natural deodorants. Simply apply 3-4 swipes to your underarm and then gently massage into the tissue.
- Baking soda can change the pH of your pits and cause painful rashes. That is why instead of baking soda, we use magnesium, zinc oxide, bentonite clay & arrowroot powder, which is more effective at fighting odor from your released sweat and toxins.
- Primal Life Organics All Natural Deodorant is free from all chemicals, fragrances, aluminum, toxins, parabens, and BPA.
- This deodorant comes in a biodegradable, eco-friendly cardboard.
- Our naturally fresh deodorant has the perfect essential oil blend and provides 24 hour freshness.
- Priority Organics is an aluminum-free deodorant, as well as paraben, sulfate, phthalate, and talc-free.
- The eco-friendly deodorant comes in an easy-to-use push-up plastic-free deodorant container.
- This deodorant is formulated with the perfect amount of coconut oil and does not leave behind any stains on your clothes.
- This unique formula is made with all organic ingredients and uses vital magnesium instead of baking soda or aluminum.
- This non-toxic deodorant also contains fresh Organic Aloe Leaf for its many benefits, including being rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory qualities, and is also packed with vitamins A and C.
- It contains the highest grade therapeutic essential oils from locally sourced manufacturers. Lavender oil paired with Organic Coconut Oil is the perfect combination for a subtle and sweet scent.
- This deodorant is certified Organic, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, and B Corporation.
- This deodorant is completely natural, edible, and free from aluminum, phthalates, and parabens.
- It is also USDA certified organic, certified vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, cruelty-free, BPA free, paraben-free, and sulfate-free.
- North Coast Organics deodorant is B Corporations certified. B corporations are required to meet rigorous third-party standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
- It is handmade in the USA, using therapeutic grade essential oils to leave you feeling fresh all day.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Deodorants
|1||Green Tidings Natural - Lavender Deodorant||Green Tidings||99.1|
|2||Sam’s Natural Natural - Deodorant Stick||Sam’s Natural||98.7|
|3||Island Deodorant Organic - Island Deodorant||Island Deodorant||98.4|
|4||Botanik Natural/Organic - Deodorant||Botanik||98|
|5||Meow Meow Tweet Natural - Lavender Deodorant||Meow Meow Tweet||97.7|
|6||Bali Secrets Natural - Original Essence Deoderant||Bali Secrets||97.3|
|7||Primal Life Organics Stick Up - Natural Vegan Deodorant||Primal Life Organics||96.9|
|8||Priority Organics Natural - Eco-friendly Organic Deoderant||Priority Organics||96.5|
|9||Bright Earth Organic Natural - Coconut Lavender Organic Deodorant||Bright Earth Organic||96.2|
|10||North Coast Organics Vegan - Coconut Organic Deodorant||North Coast Organics||95.8|
Table of Contents
- Toxic Ingredients in Your Regular Deodorant
- Benefits of Natural Organic Deodorant
- Ingredients in a Good Natural Organic Deodorant
- Reviews: Best Organic Deodorants
- Green Tidings® Natural Lavender Deodorant
- Sam’s Natural® Natural Deodorant Stick
- Island Deodorant® Organic Island Deodorant
- Botanik® Natural/Organic Deodorant
- Meow Meow Tweet® Natural Lavender Deodorant
- Bali Secrets® Natural Original Essence Deoderant
- Primal Life Organics® Stick Up Natural Vegan Deodorant
- Priority Organics® Natural Eco-friendly Organic Deoderant
- Bright Earth Organic® Natural Coconut Lavender Organic Deodorant
- North Coast Organics® Vegan Coconut Organic Deodorant
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Deodorants