With so much marketing out there of all these “premium” hand creams or lotions, it can be easy to miss all the harmful chemical substances that are added to them.
Organic hand creams are the real premium hand lotions however because they only contribute positively to your health. Read more to find out why the organic option has the most benefits.
Why Use Organic Hand Cream?
A better version of the same question could be “why shouldn’t one use it?”
A common misconception about skin is that it is this impenetrable barrier that shields our bodies from the outside world.
While that is part truth, the skin is not impervious to absorbing things by a long shot!
You want to use organic skin care products to nourish your skin and your bodies and to put back what you are deficient in. This is the way always to have ultra radiant skin that feels smooth to the touch.
In-organic hand creams, on the other hand, feel good and are very useful regarding the moisturizing of hands.
However, they come with harmful chemical additives that cause allergic reactions or contribute to chronic lifestyle disorders.
If you suffer from eczema, asthma, allergies or even acne, it could simply be the result of the moisturizer you are using!
5 Skin Care Ingredients To Avoid
To understand what we mean when we say these additives are bad, we would ask that you read this section after taking out the moisturizer you already use (if artificial). Check the ingredients list to see if you can spot any of the following ingredients:
- Parabens – parabens are petrochemical by-products that mimic the effects of the hormone estrogen in the body. Initially used to prevent creams from growing bacterium and fungus, this chemical additive has recently been shown to encourage the growth of cancer, particularly breast cancer.
- Artificial Colours & Fragrances – if you see any ingredient stating FD&C or D&C, it is then referring to food, drug and cosmetic colourants. All of these have been associated with cancer growth as well as the progression of Alzheimer’s in seniors and ADHD in children. Fragrances are in the same boat but are usually not specified in the interests of protecting company secrets.
- Pthalates – this is a chemical that is used not only in skincare and cosmetics but in everyday plastic objects to soften the plastic. Our bodies are not made of plastic, so it makes sense that research in recent years has proven that these chemicals are also carcinogenic. On top of that, they are behind many skin reactions and respiratory problems.
- Triclosan – Another chemical used because of it’s antimicrobial properties in skin lotions. Triclosan should be reconsidered as anti-life, however, due to its high toxicity and potency as an endocrine system disruptor.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS or SLES) – this is a substance that has done more damage to the skin than anything else, used a base for many artificial creams. People are fooled into thinking it’s natural because it’s commonly extracted from coconuts, but it’s still an exceptionally volatile compound for our bodies. Research has proven time and time again that these chemicals will irritate eyes, noses, and ears, worsen asthma, cause rashes and so much more. This is the main culprit as to why shampoo burns our eyes.
If this is not enough to put you off using your inorganic hand cream, just look into the state of health of a factory worker who is exposed to any of these chemicals in immense volumes on a daily basis. While used in small amounts in skin creams, these chemicals accumulate in the body, increasing the damage over years of usage.
10 Surprising Natural Ingredients That Moisturise the Skin
On the brighter side of things, there are pure natural equivalents to these nasty chemicals that enhance the vitality of the body while keeping the skin soft as a baby’s backside!
- Argan Oil – argan oil has been used as an Eastern secret for healthy skin, radiant hair and beautiful nails for centuries.
- Grapefruit – grapefruit will tighten the skin, nourish it with many nutrients like vitamin C and also rehydrate the skin.
- Lavender – Lavender is an ancient remedy for burns, scarring and scar tissue. It soothes as well as softens skin.
- Lemon – similarly to grapefruit, lemon tones the skin and rehydrates it completely, leaving it shining and stripping away excess oils.
- Rosemary – rosemary will soften skin and also helps hair to grow better. Rosmarinic acid found in rosemary is also antibacterial and antifungal, helping to preserve other natural ingredients.
- Coconut Oil – coconut oil is one of those natural wonder ingredients. You can look up ‘100 uses of coconut oil’ and find them with ease! One of its many applications is skin softening, rehydration and sun protection.
- Olive – olive oil is the ancient Mediterranean’s way of keeping their skin smooth, silky and glowing. Olive is full of nutrients that the skin and hair love, like oleic acid.
- Vitamin E – without vitamin E, our body could not regenerate! Vitamin E can remove or reduce stretch marks and helps the skin to repair any damages. Avocado, sesame and almond oil are all rich sources of vitamin E.
- Shea Butter – very soft and velvety, shea butter confers these same properties onto the skin, moisturizing it till it feels like velvet.
- Honey – honey tightens the skin and puts back nutrients depending on the kind of honey used. Manuka honey is the most medicinal grade of honey used to this end in the whole world and will add additional soothing benefits into the skin.
Reviews: Best Organic Hand Creams
Here is our best selection of organic hand creams for you to choose from without compromising anything.
- This skin lotion has been enriched with vitamin E, B5 and shea butter for ultimate skin softness.
- Formulated by doctors with purely organic ingredients and placed inside a user-friendly container for ease of convenience.
- This product was not tested on animals and is vegan and cruelty-free.
- Puracy pride themselves in giving you a purely organic enriching hand cream that will keep your hands hydrated without any oily residues.
- You only need apply this Puracy organic hand cream once a day, even if you wash your hands multiple times!
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Free of silicones, parabens, dyes, fragrances, phthalates, formaldehyde, PEG and much more.
- Made with love in the US.
- Keomi Skincare is proud to present it’s deep hydration citrus and lavender hand cream.
- Suffused with natural ingredients to keep dry skin at bay.
- Enrich the state of your hands by using this cream to moisturize, which has also been enriched with skin-protecting antioxidants.
- Keomi only uses pure organic essential oils to scent their products with, leaving them free of artificial fragrance.
- With the deeply penetrative nature of shea and cocoa butter, this skin lotion will not allow any hands to remain dry!
- Free from harmful chemical additives.
- Ideal for eczema, skin reactions, dry skin or extra sensitive skin.
- This organic hand cream was made by hands for hands with lots of natural ingredients to bolster the moisturising action.
- A lovely organic arsenal including argan oil, macadamia oil, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid help to quickly reverse skin damage and saturate the skin with softness.
- This hand cream is free of any chemicals additives such as parabens, stearate, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, PEG’s, formaldehyde, phthalates and more.
- Not only will this help protect fragile or aging skin, but it will also contribute to keeping your nails in great condition too.
- Customers using this skin care lotion reported a huge difference in a matter of days.
- Enrich your hands and your world by applying this moisturizer every single day!
- This handcream boasts an impressive ingredients list full of softening luxurious organic ingredients, such as coconut oil, grapefruit, aloe vera, lavender, green tea, pomegranate and more!
- Feel the rehydration as this cream revolutionizes the way your hands feel the moment you use it.
- Thyme, Rosemary, and Origanum are all known for their natural and harmless antimicrobial properties.
- Vitamin E and C both help to repair, rehydrate and nourish the skin with precisely the attention it needs.
- Green tea and a few of the other ingredients will soften skin, but also ease aching joints or arthritic hands.
- This is a premium hand cream that should not be overlooked – try it out!
- This organic hand, body and face lotion is great for all skin types and can be used by anyone, whether you have sensitive skin or allergies.
- Manuka honey make this product exceptionally soothing and can calm down any skin irritations.
- Blue-green algae are full of nutrients such as chlorophyll, minerals, and rehydrating substances that work wonders on a cellular level in the body.
- Enhance your skin with this MSM-enriched moisturizer to also reduce inflammation, pain or swelling in the hands and joints!
- Coconut oil, shea butter, and aloe vera allow for deep penetration into the skin to get all the other nutrients to where it needs to be to repair skin damages.
Comparison Table: Top Organic Hand Cream
|1||Puracy Unscented Organic Hand Cream - Soft Skin Organic Hand & Body Cream||Puracy||98|
|2||Keomi Skincare Citrus Lavender Hand Cream - Deep Penetration Organic Hand Moisturiser||Keomi Skincare||97|
|3||Lu’Lu Naturals Anti-Aging Hand Cream - Optimally Enriched Organic Hand Cream||Lu’Lu Naturals||95|
|4||100% Pure Chemical-free Skin Cream - Organic Grapefruit Buttercream for Hands||100% Pure||98|
|5||Honeyskin Organics Face and Body Cream - Organic Sensitive Skin Hand and Face Cream||Honeyskin Organics||96|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Why Use Organic Hand Cream?
- 5 Skin Care Ingredients To Avoid
- 10 Surprising Natural Ingredients That Moisturise the Skin
- Reviews: Best Organic Hand Creams
- Puracy® Unscented Organic Hand Cream Soft Skin Organic Hand & Body Cream
- Keomi Skincare® Citrus Lavender Hand Cream Deep Penetration Organic Hand Moisturiser
- Lu’Lu Naturals® Anti-Aging Hand Cream Optimally Enriched Organic Hand Cream
- 100% Pure® Chemical-free Skin Cream Organic Grapefruit Buttercream for Hands
- Honeyskin Organics® Face and Body Cream Organic Sensitive Skin Hand and Face Cream
- Comparison Table: Top Organic Hand Cream