Sometimes breastfeeding is not always possible.
That is when you have to make the best possible choice as a mother for your infant’s best organic formula.
Read further for more information on why you ought to resort to infant formula, different kinds of baby formula, and what your child needs for the best possible start to their development.
When Do Mothers Use Formula Powder To Feed Their Babies?
Mothers use a formula for infants when they can’t breastfeed themselves. Experts recommend using breast milk as nature intended to avoid complications in the infant’s growth and development. However, there are a few cases where the mother can’t:
- Medical Conditions – Certain medical conditions or severe trauma can lead to an inability to produce breast milk. Some mothers had to have their mammary glands removed for various reasons, including breast cancer prevention. In either of the above scenarios, one will need to resort to infant formula.
- Time – Many mothers do not have the luxury of being able to breastfeed due to work constraints and pressure. Since the formula is more difficult to digest than breast milk for the baby, it needs to eat less to keep sustained for the same duration. This enables working moms to spend less time feeding their infants.
- Comfort – Some mothers do not feel comfortable to breastfeed their infants, and in some cases, breastfeeding can be painful.
Different Types of Organic Formula for Infants
Not all infant formulas are the same, and some formulas may cause an allergic reaction in your baby. We discuss the differences in brief here; however, it is best to consult with your local pediatrician before considering going onto infant formula.
- Dairy – The majority of infant formula is made synthetically from altering ingredients found in cow’s milk. If an infant formula does not specify what it’s made from, you can bet it will have dairy in it. Many infants are allergic to dairy, even if the formula was made using organic, free-range ingredients.
- Lactose Free – In response to dairy allergies, lactose free infant formula was made. This infant formula is not 100% dairy-free, but it is free of one of the major dairy components that cause allergic reactions in children: lactose. The formula may still contain casein, which your child may still react to.
- Soy – If your infant is incredibly allergic to dairy and all of the proteins associated with it, then the alternative you can try is organic GMO-free soy formula. Soy contains a lot of beneficial proteins for development and is not derived from animal products. On average, fewer children are allergic to soy, but not if the soy is genetically modified or has been doused in pesticides and other harmful sprays!
Beneficial Components of Organic Infant Formula
In human breast milk, tons of nutrients are there to encourage the perfect development of the baby. Many of these nutrients can be missing in infant formula, so it’s a good idea to know what’s required and check the ingredients list for the below compounds!
- DHA – Docosahexaenoic Acid, commonly referred to as DHA, is one of the main components in a mother’s milk, which aids healthy neurological development. Neuro growth involves the brain and includes the heart, the gut, and all of the five senses. Keep your eyes open for DHA in your infant formula for healthy growth!
- ARA – Arachidonic Acid is another component of breast milk that is critical to your child’s development. Like DHA, ARA is a fatty acid that aids in a child’s neurological growth.
- Lutein – Lutein is a carotenoid that boosts growth of eyesight and hearing. Having this in your infant formula will ensure your infant gets a good head start in life.
- Iron – As everyone knows, iron is one of the main nutrients needed for healthy blood cells and a strong immune system. The iron-fortified formula is not the same as breast milk, but it will help to improve your child’s defenses right from early on.
- Prebiotics – Prebiotics are fantastic when used inside infant formula, as they aid in digestion. Infant formula is structured differently from breast milk and is not as easily digestible by the baby. Added prebiotics lines the infant’s gut and break down these larger particles, making the formula more easily available. It also aids healthy gut development and strengthens the immune system’s front-line defenses.
Do you know that having organic baby mattresses are also essential? They offer much comfort to your baby while you giving them an organic formula for their bedtime.
Reviews: Best Organic Infant Formula
Below we have chosen different organic baby formulas which had the best results for children under one year of age.
- This organic infant formula was made for babies with sensitive tummies who are prone to gas or being extremely fussy with their food.
- It contains Lutein and iron for a healthy immune system as well as a strong heart and lungs.
- It includes DHA, ARA, omega-3s, and omega-6s in the correct proportions for the best possible beginning to your infant’s life.
- The reduced lactose content combined with the added prebiotics aid digestion and reduces allergy or bloating.
- This product is 100% Organic, free-range, and GMO-Free, allowing you to care for your baby in the best possible way.
- Earth’s Best is one of the best organic brands for infant formula and has a dedicated range of formulas, including their dairy breast milk equivalent.
- Full of beneficial ingredients that aim to emulate the mother’s milk precisely, this powder is all your child needs in their first year.
- Fortified with prebiotics for easy digestion and enhanced immunity, help your baby become fighting fit in their first year of life.
- It contains Vitamins and minerals such as Lutein for healthy ears and eyes.
- Certified GMO-Free, 100% Organic, and free of hormones for the best results!
- This naturally lactose-free soy formula has a complete set of proteins that your infant needs to grow steadily.
- Packed with twice as many healthy fatty acids DHA and ARA than in other leading formulas, this organic formula intends to boost your child’s neurological development.
- It contains all the right amounts of easily digestible carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals for your infant.
- Convenient to make on the go – add water!
- GMO-Free, Organic, and free from preservatives, chemicals, flavors, and colorants.
- Ideal for a baby’s first year to get ahead in life from the very foundations.
- This organic baby formula offers a solution to those infants who are allergic to both soy, dairy, and lactose.
- It is made from plant-derived proteins for babies with highly sensitive stomachs or extreme allergies for a calm beginning of life.
- Uses DHA and ARA from organic free-range egg yolks, which act similarly to the mother’s breast milk.
- Unlike some other infant formula, this organic formula is free from gluten, lactose, and hexane.
- GMO-Free certified organic and easily digestible for sensitive infants under 12 months of age.
- All ingredients of this infant formula are organic and chosen specially to nourish your child as though they have breast milk.
- This organic soy-based baby formula powder is made entirely of plant-derived protein sources and suitable for vegan families.
- Includes iron, choline, and other important growth factors found in breast milk for healthy brain and body development.
- It contains DHA, ARA, and a few other fatty acids to aid with strong neurological capacity and cognitive function.
- GMO-Free and free from pesticides, sprays, chemicals, growth hormones, lactose, animal products, and gluten.
- This semolina infant porridge is made by carefully selecting grains to ensure the baby’s health.
- The goodness of the whole grain is unlocked using warmth and moisture.
- It allows for multiple preparation options to help give your child a varied diet during weaning.
- This product is dairy and wheat-free, vegan-friendly as well as certified organic.
- It does not contain any soy, wheat, eggs, gluten, milk, peanuts, celery, nuts and is suitable for lactose intolerant people and those following a vegetarian lifestyle.
- This creamy porridge provides a healthy balanced diet packed with minerals and vitamins.
- It comes in a delicious flavor to help the baby adjust to a solid diet after weaning.
- This great infant food mix variety includes Sweet Potatoes, Pears, Pears & Kale, Apples & Blueberries, Apples & Spinach, bananas, blueberries & beets, Pears, Mangos & Spinach, bananas & sweet potatoes, apples, oats & cinnamon, bananas & strawberries.
- It is convenient for spoon-feeding.
- These infant food jars offer a wide variety of flavors to make it easier for your baby to adjust to solid foods.
- It is a hypoallergenic formula, especially designed for infants that are prone to allergies.
- This infant food takes care of your infants’ dietary requirements and fulfills them all.
- It is made entirely of wholesome and natural ingredients.
- This product is a non-GMO Project verified.
- This formula is modeled after Breast milk and made with organic lactose, the principal carbohydrate found in breast milk.
- It is made using carefully sourced premium quality ingredients that are rich in key vitamins and nutrients.
- This formula delivers two prebiotics, GOS & FOS, and fibers that mimic the function of prebiotics found naturally in breast milk, which promotes healthy gut bacteria in infants.
- It contains no corn syrup solids or carrageenan.
Index Table: Top Organic Formula for Infants
Table of Contents
- When Do Mothers Use Formula Powder To Feed Their Babies?
- Different Types of Organic Formula for Infants
- Beneficial Components of Organic Infant Formula
- Reviews: Best Organic Infant Formula
- Earth’s Best® Sensitivity Infant Formula Easily Digestible Organic Formula for Infants
- Earth’s Best® Organic Infant Formula Breast Milk Equivalent Infant Formula
- Earth’s Best® Organic Soy Formula GMO-free Soy Derived Formula for Infants
- Baby’s Only® Lactose Free Formula Organic Formula for Sensitive Infants
- Vermont Organics® Soy Based Baby Formula Lactose Free Soy Infant Formula
- Holle® Cereal Organic Semolina Infant Porridge
- HIP Interactive® Breakfast Organic Creamy Porridge Infant Food
- Happy Family Brand® Clearly Multi-flavor Organic Infant Food
- Gerber Good Start® Powder Organic Infant Formula with Iron
- Happy Baby® Milk-Based Organic Infant Formula Powder
- Index Table: Top Organic Formula for Infants