The best baby wipes are made from safe, natural ingredients that do not cause skin irritations.
Read further to find out more on how conventional baby wipes cause rashes, what ingredients in baby wipes you should avoid and why organic baby wipes are so much better for your child!
The Difference Between Organic & Non-Organic Baby Wipes
Non-organic baby wipes are usually made from materials that are not biodegradable, adding to environmental problems like acid rain.
They are also infused with a whole host of synthetic chemicals.
Many of these synthetic chemicals cause noticeable reactions in sensitive-skin, and often these compounds have been clinically proven to cause cancer or skin irritation.
These ingredients are used to provide antimicrobial properties, cleaning the baby well, but also killing skin cells in the process.
By contrast, organic baby wipes are made from environmentally friendly materials that can compass well (which is a blessing when you realize how many you will go through while raising your child).
Organic baby wipes also do not use chemicals to ensure that they can clean your newborns, but rather use a host of natural ingredients to promote healthy skin regeneration, cleaning, and softness.
Organic baby wipes are a much safer route for a parent to take when raising their infants.
Common Baby Wipe Ingredients To Avoid
These ingredients are commonly found in ordinary baby wipes and can cause allergic reactions or worse in developing children.
- Alcohol – While alcohol kills bacteria, it can also burn newborn skin and cause irritation. Pure alcohol will destroy healthy skin cells on top of bacteria.
- Fragrance – Synthetic fragrances are made up of plastic compounds that have been linked to endocrine and hormonal disruption, skin reactions and even skin cancer.
- Chlorine – Chlorine is a highly acidic compound that is very similar to bleach and will cause burning on sensitive infantile skin.
- Dyes – Artificial dyes and colorants are a disaster for newborn skin. To get the vast array of color in dyes, manufacturers of dyes often need to use 25 or more harmful chemicals to produce the desired effect, all of which will end up being absorbed through your baby’s skin.
- Parabens – Parabens are carcinogenic plastic compounds that have been linked to breast and prostatic cancer. This is because they imitate estrogens in the body and ruin our hormonal balance. For a developing child, this can cause mood swings and digestive problems at the very least.
Top Ingredients Found in Good Organic Baby Wipes
These natural alternatives to the ingredients they usually add to baby wipes will help your child to grow in a stable and healthy way!
- Chamomile – Chamomile acts to soothe skin rashes and reactions. It is also one of the most potent herbal remedies for calming anxiety, spasms and for putting infants to sleep.
- Organic Cotton – Organic cotton is hypoallergenic and produces far less allergic reactions than GM cotton. Organic cotton is also not sprayed and lacks all the pesticides and other chemicals that are present in the GM varieties.
- Bamboo – Bamboo is biodegradable and highly durable. It also will not produce a rash or skin irritation in the majority of children.
- Lavender – Lavender has been used for thousands of years throughout many cultures for its soothing properties. It reduces scarring, burn marks, infections and also boosts the immune system.
- Tea Tree – Tea tree is one of the most potent natural antimicrobial extracts available. It also aids in preventing dry, damaged or flaky skin and scalp.
Reviews: The Best Organic Baby Wipe
Below are some of the best organic baby wipes, available for your purchase or perusal.
- These organic baby wipes are made from the softest superior quality organic cotton for sensitive skin.
- Enhanced with linden, apricot and chamomile essential oils for soft, soothed skin as well as many antioxidants for healthy skin development.
- These wipes are free from all toxic chemical additives or ingredients, making them safe to use on even the most sensitive skin.
- You can dispose of and compost these wipes in your garden as they are 100% biodegradable.
- These baby wipes were not tested on animals, nor were they made using animal products, making them ideal for vegans.
- These organic baby wipes are made with natural ingredients to boost your child’s skin and health.
- Entirely unscented and free from artificial chemicals to ensure no skin rashes or irritations break out.
- These soft baby wipes have been infused with aloe vera to calm sensitive skin and repair damaged skin.
- The Vitamin E added to these wipes will help your child’s skin to remain smooth and perfect.
- Free from chlorine, alcohol and entirely hypoallergenic.
- Includes a choice between 30 and 72 wipes per pack.
- These gentle baby wipes have been especially formulated for sensitive skin, such as those who suffer from eczema.
- Made extra soft and double-thick, these organic wet wipes are perfect for use on the hands, face and entire body.
- Free from chlorine, bleach, fragrance, dyes and artificial additives, ensuring your child’s safety comes first.
- Includes Vitamin E which is vital for healthy skin repair and protection against free radicals.
- These wipes are ideal for infants as well as adults and can be used for the whole family if desired.
- Has a soothing effect on all skin types and works even for those with chicken pox or severe skin infections.
- These baby wipes have been organically infused to protect the skin from harmful chemicals.
- All organic aloe vera is known to prevent scarring, soothe skin and repair dry or damaged skin as well.
- Chamomile is ideal for those who have children that have a tough time getting to sleep, as it can calm and soothe them.
- Calendula extract used in these wipes is a potent immune system booster and can aid in keeping your child’s skin radiant.
- One wipe from the pack will last for multiple wipes over your baby’s skin without wearing out or leaving a residue.
- Free from bleach, chlorine, and fragrance, as well as being eco-friendly.
- These organic baby wipes have been made from ultra soft rayon which is spun from natural bamboo and is eco friendly.
- Highly durable, these are made not to wear and tear as quickly as other baby wipes will.
- Lavender and tea tree oils infused into these wipes will allow for easy cleaning without causing a rash.
- Organic chamomile is perfect for soothing baby’s nerves and helps to make the wipes smell good.
- Free from harsh chemicals that may damage skin such as parabens, Phenoxyethanol, chlorine or sulfates.
- These were specially formulated by a pharmacist, a herbalist, and a naturopath to produce the best organic results possible.
Index Table: The Top Organic Baby Wipes
|1||Natracare Natural Cotton Wipes - Organic Extract Infused Cotton Baby Wipes||Natracare||98|
|2||Earth’s Best Premium Baby Wipes - Organic Baby Wipes for Delicate Skin||Earth’s Best||97|
|3||Earth’s Best Eco Friendly Baby Wipes - Mild Formula Organic Sensitive Skin Baby Wipes||Earth’s Best||96|
|4||California Organics Organic Baby Wipes - Safe Organic Infusion Baby Wipes||California Organics||95|
|5||Aleva Naturals Bamboo Baby Wipes - Organic Baby Wipes with Antioxidant Protection||Aleva Naturals||96|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- The Difference Between Organic & Non-Organic Baby Wipes
- Common Baby Wipe Ingredients To Avoid
- Top Ingredients Found in Good Organic Baby Wipes
- Reviews: The Best Organic Baby Wipe
- Natracare® Natural Cotton Wipes Organic Extract Infused Cotton Baby Wipes
- Earth’s Best® Premium Baby Wipes Organic Baby Wipes for Delicate Skin
- Earth’s Best® Eco Friendly Baby Wipes Mild Formula Organic Sensitive Skin Baby Wipes
- California Organics® Organic Baby Wipes Safe Organic Infusion Baby Wipes
- Aleva Naturals® Bamboo Baby Wipes Organic Baby Wipes with Antioxidant Protection
- Index Table: The Top Organic Baby Wipes