Nowadays, there is a never-ending list of baby bath products out there. Unfortunately, many of them come with harmful chemicals that you probably wouldn’t want anywhere near your little ones.
That’s exactly why we want you to Go Organic. The Organic Baby Shampoos are non-toxic. They are gentle, non-irritating, and are the safe bets.
Nasty Chemicals To Look For In Baby Shampoos
Your baby’s skin (and yours too!) absorbs everything. Just imagine the situation of using chemical-filled baby products. The chemicals go straight into their growing internal system.
The occasional chemical invasion may not cause serious troubles. But, over time, continued exposure may result in chronic health conditions including nervous disorders and cancer. Thus, it is necessary to keep your child away from,
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS): You can find this surfactant/emulsifier in many personal care products. But science confirmed it a carcinogen, many years ago.
- Chemical Fragrance: Fragrance industry uses ‘n’ number of chemicals we never heard of. So, avoid buying baby shampoos with artificial fragrances – even if they smell divine.
- Parabens: Watch out for these names: ethylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, and isobutylparaben. They are all paraben compounds disrupting hormonal functions.
- Formaldehyde: It is a preservative used in medicines, cosmetics, and even in food products. Studies showed that they can cause cancer and damage the nervous system.
- Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate: A preservative + formaldehyde releaser. It is a potent skin irritant, too.
- Polyethylene glycol (PEG): They are the petroleum-based softeners used in cosmetic products. PEG and its byproducts are listed as human carcinogens.
- Benzyl Alcohol: Another preservative associated with contact allergies, skin irritation, and inflammation.
Benefits of Using Organic Baby Shampoos
Let’s go over all the important benefits an organic baby shampoo offer.
All-natural ingredients: Because it contains all-natural herbal infusions, organic shampoo is safe for sensitive baby skin. Plus, they offer these extra benefits: tear-free, non-allergenic, or non-irritant.
You will avoid toxic chemicals: Among the many benefits, this one tops the list. With no paraben, no petroleum, no SLS, no propylene glycol, your kids will get chemical-free bathing.
Keeps the scalp clean and healthy: The infused botanical extracts, essential oils, vitamins, and other nutrients ensure a healthy scalp. Also, they promote hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles.
Environmentally-friendly: Organic baby shampoo contains biodegradable materials rather than harsh toxins. Hence they are environmentally friendly.
Tailored fit: When it comes to organic baby shampoo, you can find many tailor-fit names. Some shampoos double as a body wash. Some are meant only for dry scalp. And, some others work well as shampoo + oil conditioner.
Key Ingredients In a Natural Organic Baby Shampoo
Now, let’s take a look at the ‘good’ ingredients in natural/organic baby shampoo.
Carrier oils: All baby shampoo formulations with essential oils will contain any one or two carrier oils. For example, Almond oil, Avocado oil, Argan oil, Coconut oil, and Jojoba oil. They are crucial for diluting the concentrated essential oils.
Vegetable glycerin: It is a natural moisturizer used in body wash and shampoos. It gives baby wash a thicker consistency and good lathering.
Organic Cocoa Butter and shea butter: They are the moisture bombs! They also nourish and protect the skin – all without stripping skin’s natural barrier. The vitamins and fatty acids present in Shea butter are essential for healing the dry skin.
Plant extracts: The list of herbal extracts used in baby shampoos is quite long. You may check the label for Organic Aloe, Chamomile, Calendula, Lavender, Tea tree, Sunflower, and Hibiscus. They are good for baby skin.
Reviews: Top 5 Organic Kids Shampoos
With all that said, let’s focus on the top rated organic kids shampoos you can buy in 2019. And yes, they are the safest suds to keep your kid’s scalp fresh and clean!
- An affordable tear-free formula to gently clean your little one’s hair and body.
- This Hypoallergenic formula uses 100% organic Calendula. With it’s anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and anti-bacterial properties, it helps relieve diaper rashes.
- The calendula baby shampoo is paraben-, mineral oil-, colorant-, phthalate-, and phenoxyethanol-free.
- It blends into rich later to remove all impurities without stripping away natural oils.
- Dermatologist-tested and extremely gentle on kids’ skin. Plus, it doesn’t break out the sensitive skin.
- Available in a squeeze bottle for easy handling.
- Oatmeal is the secret behind this organic baby shampoo. Being a natural moisturizer, it treats dry and itchy scalp.
- Tea tree oil is another key ingredient. It is loaded with antioxidants and essential nutrients to nourish the hair follicles.
- The aloe vera and organic shea butter moisturize the scalp without stripping away the natural oils. They also provide essential vitamins and fats for healthy follicles.
- It also contains vitamin E, organic flower extracts, and amino acids to improve blood circulation and promote hair growth.
- Bonus points for making the baby shampoo phthalate- and tear-free
- The pump bottle with its ergonomic size makes for easy handling.
- Phthalate-free. Check. Tear-free. Check. Petrolatum-free. Check. Paraben-free. Check. Soothing smell everyone loves. Check.
- Burt’s Bees Baby Shampoo is a mild baby wash formulated with 99.9% botanical ingredients and soy protein.
- The soy protein moisturizes the skin and promotes collagen production. The result – naturally soft, supple skin even during dry summers and winter months.
- This natural baby shampoo is non-irritating and clinically proven, too. Hence, safe for daily use.
- A little goes a long way with this baby shampoo. A capful is enough to produce a great batch of bubbles.
- It comes in a user-friendly 12-oz bottle, so the product will last through many baths.
Made with botanical extracts and essential oils, you can rest assured that it is harmful chemical-, paraben- and SLS-free.
- Aloe leaf juice, cucumber fruit extract, and Calendula flower extract are the key to a well-moisturized, clean skin.
- It contains no animal ingredients. Hence, it’s the best choice for any Vegan family.
- Naturally fragranced with Coconut Pineapple. Don’t worry, the fabulous scent is not overpowering for your kid.
- All you need is a dime-sized pump for a bubbly scrub that easily rinses off. Plus, it doesn’t leave any residue.
- Remember, this baby shampoo does not clearly mention any tear-free claims.
- Tear-free formula made with organic calendula extract, chamomile, almond and sesame oils to moisturize baby’s skin and hair as it cleanses. Additionally, chamomile and calendula promote better sleep.
- Almond oil contains high amount of unsaturated fatty acids. They soothe and replenish the dry, sensitive skin.
- It also contains amino acid cleanser obtained from coconut and fermented sugar.
- The presence of naturally fragranced essential oils gives it a divine smell that soothes the senses.
- The mild shampoo is also free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and mineral oil.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Baby Shampoo
|1||Cetaphil Baby Organic - Calendula Baby Shampoo||Cetaphil Baby||98|
|2||Bella B Bee Gone Cradle Cap - Organic Shampoo||Bella B||96|
|3||Burt's Bees Baby Plant-based - Natural Tear-free Shampoo||Burt's Bees Baby||98|
|4||Nature's Baby Organics Vanilla Tangerine - Natural Baby Shampoo||Nature's Baby Organics||96|
|5||Weleda Natural - Tear-free Shampoo and Body Wash||Weleda||97|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Nasty Chemicals To Look For In Baby Shampoos
- Benefits of Using Organic Baby Shampoos
- Key Ingredients In a Natural Organic Baby Shampoo
- Reviews: Top 5 Organic Kids Shampoos
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Baby Shampoo