Organic baby lotion and other baby products have been gaining an increasing amount of attention lately.
Read further down to find out more about why, and what organic ingredients work best for your child’s infantile skin and our selection of the best organic baby lotions available.
Why Organic? The Story Behind Commercial Baby Lotion
More parents these days are being made aware that organic products are the best for their infants, especially when it comes to skincare. The skin is not an impenetrable barrier that keeps the good in and the bad out.
Nearly everything you apply topically to your child will enter through the skin and into the bloodstream.
Many commercial baby lotions have synthetic ingredients, such as parabens, phthalates, glycerides, and artificial fragrances, all of which contribute to conditions such as Eczema, allergies, nappy rash, and even SIDS! (Sudden Infantile Death Syndrome).
While these ingredients may help the lotion apply evenly or last longer than organic lotions, they are too harsh and highly damaging for fragile infantile skin.
Organic ingredients have been used for many more centuries than synthetic ingredients, and they confer many more benefits than moisturizing skin.
Organic extracts and essential oils act by enhancing your child’s immune system, often dealing with dry skin or rashes at the root of the problem.
These natural ingredients also confer protection against the harmful effects of synthetics and often aid the child with healthy growth and development.
Common Baby Skin Allergies & What Works Best
Here are some of the most common skin reactions or allergies found in infants and what organic ingredients work best to help reverse the situation:
- Eczema – many people suffer from Eczema, and for the majority, synthetic skin products simply do not work. In your baby’s case, synthetic products could do much more harm than good! The best organic ingredients for Eczema would be either lavender, coconut oil, olive oil, or shea butter. These ingredients are soothing while also simultaneously act to moisturize dry, flaky skin.
- Dermatitis – the most common cause of dermatitis tends to be synthetic chemicals or organisms that are inhabiting the baby’s skin. The best way to deal with dermatitis is to switch to organic baby lotion and try to find a lotion that uses rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, or any similar Italian herbs. These herbs all have polyphenols in them that bolster the immune system, soothe the skin, as well as protect the skin from infections.
- Respiratory Issues – sometimes skin irritations come with respiratory problems, particularly from using artificial baby lotions. The best ingredients to search for to be included in your organic baby lotion would be both mint and Echinacea. Mint soothes the skin, opens the airways and kills off bacteria while Echinacea provides full immune system support.
- Blisters & Cold Sores – most organic ingredients will help blisters and cold sores, which are usually the result of a burn or an infection. Chamomile is likely one of the most effective ingredients against either scenario, being very soothing, cooling, and calming the baby down if in shock. Pomegranate and other fruits rich in antioxidants are also useful for all-rounded immune support.
Also, try some of the best organic disposable diapers to ensure that your little one stays safe from the above-listed baby allergies.
Ingredients Found in Good Organic Baby Lotion
For an all-purpose baby lotion, the below ingredients are some of the best! Protect your child’s skin, improve their immune function, and promote healthy growth and development throughout their youth with the following natural ingredients:
- Argan – argan oil is one of the best skin care oils for healthy skin growth, repair, development, and removal of scars. Argan also encourages the same for hair and nails, making it ideal for mother and child both to benefit from.
- Pomegranate – pomegranate is one of the healthiest fruits known to man, is loaded with hundreds of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Your child will certainly benefit from its abundance of B vitamins, skin rehydrating properties as well as extra immune support.
- Chamomile – Chamomile has always been one of the most popular floral ingredients in baby products, largely known for its incredibly soothing characteristics. It also helps to improve the immune system, keep the skin clean, soothe spasms or cramps and even can put an unsettled baby right to sleep.
- Olive Oil – olive oil is a world-renowned Mediterranean secret for luxuriously soft and radiant skin. In infants, it can keep skin moisturized, destroy scalp infections, and eliminate dandruff.
- Manouka Honey – honey is one of the oldest natural preservatives used on the planet today. Manuka honey is a special type of honey that has the most medicinal properties, being soothing, antimicrobial and perfect for sensitive infantile skin.
Reviews: Best Organic Baby Lotion
Here below are some of the best organic baby lotions, all of which are free of artificial fragrances and colorants.
- This organic baby lotion by Puracy was initially developed and approved by doctors for sensitive infantile skin.
- Lavender is one of the best anti-inflammatory organic extracts for children, calming rashes, burns, and preventing scarring.
- Grapefruit is used in this lotion to gently rehydrate the skin as well as allow for deeper penetration of all the other organic ingredients.
- This lotion is suitable for all baby skin types from sensitive to dry skin.
- Unlike other organic skincare products, this lotion is grease-free, leaving no oily trails after being absorbed by the baby’s skin.
- The container contains 12 ounces and has a pump top for convenient use.
- Hypoallergenic, non-toxic, cruelty-free, vegan, and certified to be free of artificial fragrances.
- The gentle combination of natural oil extracts used in Lafe’s Organic Baby Lotion are excellent for keeping your child’s skin soft.
- Organic Hemp Oil is a rich source of omega oils (that are necessary for healthy development), as well as a potent soothing ingredient for irritated skin.
- Organic Virgin Olive Oil will protect your child’s skin from infection as well as eliminate dandruff, rashes, or flaking skin.
- Organic Sunflower Oil includes a large variety of antioxidants, such as astaxanthin, which help bolster the baby’s immune system and keep skin from drying out.
- The Pump Dispenser bottle is easy to use and is baby-friendly, being free from BPA, phthalates, and other toxic ingredients.
- Caution: This product contains Wheat Starch and is therefore not Gluten Free – make sure your child is not allergic to Gluten before buying this product.
- This ultra soothing baby lotion helps calm baby down to sleep, helping both mother and child get the rest they deserve.
- The combination of Meadowsweet, Calendula, Chamomile, and Lavender makes for a very calming baby lotion that can deal effectively with nappy rash, burns, or cold sores.
- This organic lotion has been clinically tested and officially approved to be safe for babies.
- All the natural ingredients have been certified organic, along with the product as a whole.
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to give your infant the best possible start in life!
- Including just under 20 100% organic ingredients, this baby lotion is one of the best organic products to meet EWG official safety standards.
- Chamomile, Rosehip, Rosebud, and Lavender essential extracts are all anti-inflammatory, calming rashes, and even helping to reduce infantile shock or trauma.
- If your baby has dry skin, the jojoba, avocado, and oleic safflower oils all present in this baby lotion work together to eradicate dryness and soften hard-crusted skin.
- Unlike other baby lotion packaging, Nurture My Body uses blue glass to house its organic products, which is sustainable, recyclable, and UV protection against spoilage.
- Suitable for kids (or adults) of all ages.
- This all-natural baby lotion is free of fragrance and many other toxic synthetic compounds.
- Earth Mama Angel Baby products are all formulated by a herbalist with the intention for pampering babies with sensitive skin.
- The product is artificial fragrance-free with a mild organic vanilla citrus scent.
- Rooibos tea inside this baby lotion is an excellent cure for baby rash and other similar ailments.
- Calendula extract has been added to help keep the baby’s immune system healthy and to soothe and soften dry, itchy skin.
- Organic olive oil and shea butter are both excellent for deep skin penetration and moisturizing.
- Toxin-free, the product contains no phthalates, parabens, dyes, or petroleum-based products.
- This baby lotion is specially formulated with soothing organic calendula extract, derived from the marigold flower to soothe dry, sensitive skin.
- The sweet almond and sunflower oil softens and smooths your baby’s skin.
- This product is paraben-free, colorant-free, and mineral oil-free,
- It is hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested.
- This baby lotion naturally soothes dry and sensitive skin as well as Eczema and rashes, using the nourishment of organic aloe and shea butter.
- It comes in an easy pump dispenser for ease of use and minimal contamination.
- The pure honey in this baby lotion relieves itching since its rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as being anti-bacterial.
- It also contains organic aloe leaf juice, which contains 32 vitamins and minerals as well as 75 nutrients and hundreds of active enzymes to soothe and moisturize the skin.
- The organic shea butter in this baby lotion has a high concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids, ensuring this lotion provides intense nourishment to the skin.
- This natural baby lotion provides rich moisturization with nourishing aloe vera, coconut oil, chamomile, calendula, jojoba and more.
- It does not contain any sulfates, parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, or dyes.
- The soothing baby lotion ensures softer and smoother skin after one use and even works on Eczema, cradle cap, and extra dry skin.
- This quick-absorbing lotion has a lightweight texture and spreads easily.
- The organic baby lotion is NSF Organic and EWF verified as well as Gluten-free and vegan friendly.
- This baby lotion is made with 84% organic ingredients and 16% natural ones.
- It is non-greasy, quick-absorbing, and contains soothing aloe vera and organic oats.
- This product is non-GMO, soy-free, phthalate-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and does not contain any synthetic ingredients or fragrances.
- It helps relieve Eczema and other sensitive skin issues.
- This ultra-moisturizing and non-greasy baby lotion calms and soothes delicate skin and is designed for the sensitive skin of babies, kids, and adults.
- It contains a soft lavender and chamomille scent that is calming to the senses.
- This body lotion is developed with shea butter, sunflower and chamomile to relax, soothe, and facilitate more restful sleep. It comes enriched with Babo’s organic Nutri-Soothe Complex to enhance the calming effects of this lotion.
- This Plant-based lotion is formulated with naturally-derived ingredients, including meadowsweet oil, to moisturize sensitive skin.
- It does not contain any harsh chemicals or irritants and is hypoallergenic to reduce the risk of allergic reactions, as well as clinically tested under dermatological control.
- This product is Gluten, soy, dairy, peanut, almond, and walnut free and Made in the USA, as well as B Corp Certified.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Baby Lotions
Table of Contents
- Why Organic? The Story Behind Commercial Baby Lotion
- Common Baby Skin Allergies & What Works Best
- Ingredients Found in Good Organic Baby Lotion
- Reviews: Best Organic Baby Lotion
- Puracy® Soothing Lavender Baby Lotion Organic Lavender Grapefruit Baby Lotion
- Lafe’s Organic Baby® Lotion Odorless Organic Olive Hemp Baby Lotion
- Babo Botanicals® Chamomile Lavender Baby Lotion All Organic Ultra Calming Baby Lotion
- Nurture My Body® Organic Baby Lotion Rich Organic Baby Lotion For All Ages
- Earth Mama Angel Baby® Organic Baby Lotion 100% Organic Herbal Baby Lotion
- Cetaphil Baby® Daily Baby Lotion with Organic Calendula
- Mee Beauty® Moisturizing Organic Baby & Kids Body Lotion
- BareBaby Organics® Soothing Moisturizing Organic Baby Lotion
- MADE OF® Plant-Based Organic Baby Lotion Moisturizer
- Babo Botanicals® Calming Organic Baby Lotion
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Baby Lotions