Oily hair is not as common as dry hair, but that does not mean it’s less of an issue!
Many products on the shelves are not doing justice for people with oily hair, often damaging oily hair or worsening the problem.
Organic shampoos are known for being one of the best treatments for oily hair, improving oily hair with natural nourishment.
What Causes Oily Hair?
Many people are baffled over what could be the cause of their overly oily hair.
The most common cause of oily hair involves the use of very strong shampoos, which have harsh chemicals in them that strip all the oils from the hair.
Our hair follicles then react and produce more oils to compensate for the extreme lack of oils.
Other causes of oily hair include hormonal imbalances.
These imbalances are usually why teenagers get lots of acne and oily hair; as they mature, their hormones are in flux.
Eating a non-nutritious or unhealthy diet is also one of the leading factors that contribute to having oily hair.
The last cause of oily hair can be related to washing in unfiltered tap water, which usually includes added chemicals that are not healthy for hair health.
Using organic shampoo is a gentler alternative to conventional chemical shampoos.
The best organic shampoos should enrich your scalp with nutrients and stimulate your hair follicles to come back into a natural balance.
What Natural Ingredients Inside Organic Shampoo Remedy Oily Hair?
Here are some of the best natural oils or plant extracts that will help to remedy oily hair naturally:
- Herbs: Bay Leaf, Burdock, Calendula, Chamomile, Horsetail, Lemongrass, Lemon Peel, Mint, Nettle, Sage, Seaweed and Thyme.
- Essential Oils: Ajowan Seed, Ylang Ylang, Basil, Peppermint, Rosemary, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Lavender, Cypress, and Bergamont. All essential oil extracts of the above herbs will also make excellent additions to organic shampoo.
- Carrier Oils: these are the oils that can be used in larger quantities inside shampoos and they usually provide a neutral base. Individuals with oily hair will benefit from using sesame, jojoba or almond oil carriers.
- Tonic Water Bases for Oily Hair: distilled water, witch hazel infused water, orange flower water or organic apple cider vinegar.
All of these can form part of a very gentle oily hair remedy but guard against overloading your system with too many ingredients too!
Shampoo Ingredients to Avoid For Oily Hair
Chemical compounds found in conventional industrial shampoos are not what we thought they were when they first emerged.
Often these artificial extracts are damaging to our hair and form a co-dependency.
If one uses a chemical shampoo that strips hair of oils, the hair will create more oils to compensate. This new excess oil secretion in your hair ultimately demands that you use more shampoo and creates a catch 22.
To know what one can avoid for oily hair can help:
- Dimethicone – Irritates the scalp, skin, and eyes, as well as keeping impurities trapped inside your pores.
- Polysorbates – Disrupts hormones, the endocrine system, and the lungs.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine – This creates dermatitis and eye irritations.
- Triclosan – Another hormone disruptive compound that wreaks havoc on the endocrine system, also contributing to skin, eye and lung irritations.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) – an infamous cancer-causing substance found in shampoo and skin lotions.
Reviews: Best Organic Shampoo for Oily Hair
Take a look at our selection of the best organic shampoos for oily hair for more information.
- Indulge in this naturally formulated tea tree shampoo that can gently clean your scalp, removing any excess oil and leaving enough for naturally vibrant hair.
- Repair your hair using nature as your hair treatment therapy.
- Tea tree has anti-microbial and antiseptic properties, helping to keep your head clean and bright!
- Dr. Organics is a leading brand of organic products that have been recommended by numerous health communities.
- Made using bio-active components.
- This product is a superior shampoo that is formulated from natural components to help aid oily hair, as well as dry, damaged, aged or fraying hair!
- The added almond oil is not only fantastic for oily hair, but (along with avocado and peach extracts), it will rehydrate your hair, reduce frizziness and decrease split ends from occurring.
- 100% environmentally friendly and made of entirely organic components.
- Argan oil has been used in hair restoration, regrowth, and repatriation of hair, skin, and nails for centuries.
- Paraben and allergen-free.
- No animal cruelty was carried out in the making of this natural product.
- This organic shampoo is made up from active ingredients that are completely wild and natural from the rainforest.
- The combination of Rahua oil with Palo Santo oil has a therapeutic effect on scalp and hair follicles, penetrating deeply and allowing for the hair to be strengthened.
- The coconut oil and shea butter will lightly moisturize your scalp and add a soft pampered feel to your hair, doing away with any excess oils while implanting beneficial nutrients.
- Indulge in having healthy, lustrous, light, and bouncy hair!
- It contains no chemical additives and is hypoallergenic.
- 100% natural and organic conditioner made using rosemary and grapefruit extract to help excessively oily hair.
- Rosemary stimulates blood flow to the scalp and stimulates hair follicles to work optimally.
- Grapefruit is fantastic for stripping oils from hair in a natural way that does not remove the oils completely as synthetic compounds would.
- Strengthen your hair and restore your natural glow.
- Made in Germany.
- No added parabens, chemicals, additives, synthetic derivatives, or refined mineral oils.
- Make life simple with this organic all-in-one body bar, which can be used to wash not only your hair but your entire body too.
- Rosemary and Mint both have a restorative effect on the scalp and enhance relaxation.
- This shampoo will stimulate hair regrowth, remove excess oils, and works to correct all damaged hair and hair types.
- There are also nut oils inside this body bar for even extra Vitamin E and skin enrichment.
- Made in the USA.
- 100% Natural and Organic Components.
- Portable and perfect for travel. Take your naturalness with you wherever you go!
- An all-natural and organic shampoo infused with refreshing peppermint.
- Ideal for oily hair, dandruff, and other scalp conditions.
- It is enriched with natural oils and ingredients that strengthen the hair from within.
- Wheat protein enriched and organic certified.
- An all-natural and organic shampoo for oily hair.
- It is revitalizing and refreshing with tea tree and lemon.
- Soothes and eases the scalp and prevents dandruff.
- Plant-based ingredients for natural beauty.
- An Oily Hair treating natural shampoo with Lemon and clarifying ingredients.
- All-natural and organic plant-based materials used.
- Itchy scalp relief and reduces dandruff.
- Volumizes and thickens the hair while reducing oil production.
- This delightful shampoo will enhance all hair types, especially working well for damaged hair or follicles.
- Lavender has the inherent ability to soothe and relax you, being one of nature’s most potent anti-inflammatory agents.
- Lavender will also help your hair to be less tangled, allowing for a smoother hair brushing experience.
- The sandalwood inside this shampoo aids as an anti-bacterial and anti-microbial, potentially removing causes of oily hair from the scalp.
- Both Lavender and Sandalwood have a relaxing effect on us and smell like fresh, mildly spicy perfume.
- The other natural active components, lipids, and extracts inside this shampoo all work to correct hair and give it back its natural strength.
- Made in Germany.
- This organic shampoo for oily hair is certified organic, which is sustainably harvested from Maine.
- It contains more than 65 Vitamins and minerals that make your hair healthy and strong.
- This shampoo is the best for oily hair but suits other skin types also.
- It is cruelty-free, and the packaging is 100% sustainable.
- This organic shampoo is 100% natural and safe for oily hair and other hair types.
- It is made with a certified cruelty-free vegan formula, which is also environmentally friendly.
- It is nourishing your hair without drying out and does not leave any residue on your hair.
- Christina Moss Naturals’ organic shampoo for oily hair is the perfect choice for men, women, girls, boys, and babies.
- This organic shampoo for oily hair is the best shampoo to degrease your oily hair as it removes oil, grease, and scalp residue.
- It has moisturizing ingredients and improves the health of your hair.
- It improves the blood circulation of your scalp and gives you frizz-free hair.
- Maple Holistics provides a 100% money-back guarantee to the unsatisfied customers.
- This organic shampoo for oily hair changes your hair-look with high-quality nourishment.
- It detangles, corrects, and shines your dry, damaged hair and makes them soft.
- It is perfect for daily usage.
- MagiForet organic shampoo for oily hair also has heat-protection ingredients that prevent breakage and hair damage.
Index Table: Top Organic Shampoo For Oily Hair
Table of Contents
- What Causes Oily Hair?
- What Natural Ingredients Inside Organic Shampoo Remedy Oily Hair?
- Shampoo Ingredients to Avoid For Oily Hair
- Reviews: Best Organic Shampoo for Oily Hair
- Dr Organic® Tea Tree Shampoo Anti-Microbial Organic Tea Tree Infused Shampoo
- Art Naturals® Organic Argan Shampoo Revitalising Natural Shampoo For All Hair Types
- Rahua® 100% Natural Shampoo Restorative Rainforest Organic Oily Hair Rahua Shampoo
- 'Stop the Water While Using Me'® Organic Conditioner Rosemary and Grapefruit Infused Natural Conditioner
- Whidbey Island Natural® Organic Shampoo Bar All-in-One Organic Body Wash & Shampoo Bar
- Avalon Organics® Strengthening Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Renpure® Revitalizing Refreshing Shampoo For Oily Hair
- HoneyDew® Naturals Volumizing Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Stop the Water While Using Me® Lavender Shampoo Soothing Subtle Sandalwood Shampoo for Stressed Hair
- The Seaweed Bath Co.® Balancing Bladderwrack Organic Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Christina Moss Naturals® Hand-Crafted Organic Vegan Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Maple Holistics® Degrease Organic Moisture Control Shampoo For Oily Hair
- MagiForet® Argon Oil Organic Nourishing Shampoo for Oily Hair
- Index Table: Top Organic Shampoo For Oily Hair