Oily hair is not as common as dry hair, but that does not mean it’s less of an issue!
Many products on the shelves do not do justice for people with oily hair, often damaging oily hair or worsening the problem.
Using the best organic shampoo for oily hair will revive your locks.
Organic shampoos are known for being one of the best treatments for oily hair, improving hair with natural nourishment.
What Causes Oily Hair?
Many people are baffled over what could cause their overly oily hair. Only an organic shampoo for oily hair can fix this issue.
- Strong Shampoo – The most common cause of oily hair involves the use of very strong shampoos. Instead of using the best organic shampoo for oily hair, strong shampoos have harsh chemicals that strip all the hair’s oils.
- Lack of Oil – Unlike organic shampoo for oily scalp, your usual shampoos make the hair more oily by the lack of natural oils in follicles.
- Hormones – If your hormones are imbalanced or over productive, your hair and skin will be oily. Using a natural shampoo for oily hair may help.
- Tap Water – The last cause of oily hair can be related to washing in unfiltered tap water, which usually includes added chemicals that are not healthy for hair health. Along with the best natural shampoos for oily hair, you need filtered water to effectively clean hair.
What Natural Ingredients Inside The Best Organic Shampoo For Oily Hair?
Here are some of the best natural oils or plant extracts in the best natural shampoos for oily hair that will help to remedy oily hair naturally:
- Herbs: Bay Leaf, Burdock, Calendula, Chamomile, Horsetail, Lemongrass, Lemon Peel, Mint, Nettle, Sage, Seaweed and Thyme.
- Essential Oils: Ajowan Seed, Ylang Ylang, Basil, Peppermint, Rosemary, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Lavender, Cypress, and Bergamont. All essential oil extracts of the above herbs will also make excellent organic shampoo additions.
- Carrier Oils: These are the oils that you can use in larger quantities inside shampoos, and they usually provide a neutral base. Individuals with oily hair will benefit from using sesame, jojoba, or almond oil carriers.
- Tonic Water Bases for Oily Hair: distilled water, witch hazel infused water, orange flower water, or organic apple cider vinegar.
All of these can form part of a very gentle oily hair remedy but guard against overloading your system with too many ingredients too!
Shampoo Ingredients to Avoid For Oily Hair
Chemical compounds found in conventional industrial shampoos are not what we thought they were when they first emerged. Often these artificial extracts are damaging to our hair and form a co-dependency. If one uses a chemical shampoo that strips hair of oils, the hair will create more oils to compensate. This new excess oil secretion in your hair ultimately demands that you use more shampoo and creates a catch 22. To know what one can avoid for oily hair can help:
- Dimethicone – Irritates the scalp, skin, and eyes, as well as keeping impurities trapped inside your pores.
- Polysorbates – Disrupts hormones, the endocrine system, and the lungs.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine – This creates dermatitis and eye irritations.
- Triclosan – Another disruptive hormone compound that wreaks havoc on the endocrine system, also contributing to skin, eye, and lung irritations.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) – an infamous cancer-causing substance found in shampoo and skin lotions.
Reviews: Best Organic Shampoo for Oily Hair
Please take a look at our selection of the best organic shampoo for oily hair for more information. Also, note that the article contains affiliate links.
- Indulge in this naturally formulated tea tree organic shampoo for the oily scalp that can gently clean your scalp, remove any excess oil, and leave enough for naturally vibrant hair.
- Repair your hair using nature as your hair treatment therapy.
- Tea tree has anti-microbial and antiseptic properties, helping to keep your head clean and bright!
- Dr. Organics is a leading brand of organic products that numerous health communities have recommended.
- Made using bio-active components.
- This product is a special shampoo formulated from natural components to help aid oily hair and dry, damaged, aged or fraying hair!
- The added almond oil is not only fantastic for oily hair but (along with avocado and peach extracts), it will rehydrate your hair, reduce frizziness and decrease split ends from occurring.
- It is 100% environmentally friendly and made of entirely organic components.
- Argan oil has been used in hair restoration, regrowth, and repatriation of hair, skin, and nails for centuries.
- Paraben and allergen-free.
- No animal cruelty was carried out in the making of this natural product.
- This organic shampoo for the oily scalp is made up of active ingredients that are completely wild and natural from the rainforest.
- The combination of Rahua oil with Palo Santo oil has a therapeutic effect on scalp and hair follicles, penetrating deeply and strengthening the hair.
- The coconut oil and shea butter will lightly moisturize your scalp and add a soft, pampered feel to your hair, doing away with any excess oils while implanting beneficial nutrients.
- Get this organic shampoo for oily scalp and indulge in having healthy, lustrous, light, and bouncy hair!
- This natural shampoo for oily hair contains no chemical additives and is hypoallergenic.
- 100% natural and organic conditioner made using rosemary and grapefruit extract to help excessively oily hair.
- Rosemary stimulates blood flow to the scalp and stimulates hair follicles to work optimally.
- Grapefruit is fantastic for stripping oils from hair naturally that do not remove the oils completely as synthetic compounds would.
- Strengthen your hair and restore your natural glow.
- This Made in Germany conditioner is ideal to use after your organic shampoo for oily hair to balance the scalp.
- No added parabens, chemicals, additives, synthetic derivatives, or refined mineral oils.
- Make life simple with this organic all-in-one body bar, which you can use to wash not only your hair but your entire body too.
- Rosemary and Mint both have a restorative effect on the scalp and enhance relaxation.
- This organic shampoo for oily scalp will stimulate hair regrowth, remove excess oils, and works to correct all damaged hair and hair types.
- Nut oils inside this body bar for even extra Vitamin E and skin enrichment.
- Made in the USA.
- 100% Natural and Organic Components.
- Portable and perfect for travel. Take your naturalness with you wherever you go!
- An all-natural and organic shampoo infused with refreshing peppermint.
- Ideal for oily hair, dandruff, and other scalp conditions.
- It is enriched with natural oils and ingredients, strengthening the hair from within.
- Wheat protein enriched and organic certified.
- An all-natural and organic shampoo for oily hair.
- It is revitalizing and refreshing with tea tree and lemon.
- It soothes and eases the scalp and prevents dandruff.
- Plant-based ingredients for natural beauty.
- An Oily Hair treating natural shampoo with Lemon and clarifying ingredients.
- All-natural and organic plant-based materials used.
- Itchy scalp relief and reduces dandruff.
- Volumizes and thickens the hair while reducing oil production.
- This organic shampoo for oily hair is certified organic, sustainably harvested from Maine.
- It contains more than 65 Vitamins and minerals that make your hair healthy and strong.
- This shampoo is the best for oily hair but suits other skin types.
- It is cruelty-free, and the packaging is 100% sustainable.
- This organic shampoo is 100% natural and safe for oily hair and other hair types.
- The best natural shampoos for oily hair are made with a certified cruelty-free vegan formula, environmentally friendly.
- It nourishes your hair without drying out and does not leave any residue on your hair.
- Christina Moss Naturals’ best organic shampoo for oily hair is the perfect choice for men, women, girls, boys, and babies.
- This organic shampoo for oily hair is the best shampoo to degrease your oily hair as it removes oil, grease, and scalp residue.
- It has moisturizing ingredients and improves the health of your hair.
- These best natural shampoos for oily hair improve your scalp’s blood circulation and give you frizz-free hair.
- Maple Holistics provides a 100% money-back guarantee to unsatisfied customers.
- The best natural shampoos for oily hair change your hair-look with high-quality nourishment.
- It detangles, corrects, and shines your dry, damaged hair and makes them soft.
- It is perfect for daily usage.
- MagiForet best natural shampoos for oily hair also have heat-protection ingredients that prevent breakage and hair damage.
Index Table: Top Best Organic Shampoo For Oily Hair
Table of Contents
- What Causes Oily Hair?
- What Natural Ingredients Inside The Best Organic Shampoo For Oily Hair?
- Shampoo Ingredients to Avoid For Oily Hair
- Reviews: Best Organic Shampoo for Oily Hair
- Dr Organic® Tea Tree Anti-Microbial Natural Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Art Naturals® Organic Argan Revitalising Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Rahua® 100% Natural Restorative Rainforest Organic Oily Hair
- 'Stop the Water While Using Me'® Organic Fruit Natural Conditioner
- Whidbey Island Natural® Solid All-in-One Organic Shampoo Bar
- Avalon Organics® Strengthening Organic Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Renpure® Revitalizing Refreshing Shampoo For Oily Hair
- HoneyDew® Natural Volumizing Organic Shampoo For Oily Hair
- The Seaweed Bath Co.® Balancing Bladderwrack Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Christina Moss® Hand-Crafted Organic Vegan Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Maple Holistics® Degrease Organic Balancing Shampoo For Oily Hair
- MagiForet® Argon Oil Organic Nourishing Shampoo for Oily Hair
- Index Table: Top Best Organic Shampoo For Oily Hair