For vegans and health conscious individuals alike, sourcing the best organic raw honey is no ordinary feat!
Read further to find out more on what you should look for in an organic raw vegan honey to make sure you benefit optimally, as well as find the best kind for your needs from our fantastic selection below.
The Difference Between Raw Honey & Ordinary Honey
If you didn’t already know, the difference between raw honey and ordinary honey you find in supermarkets is that raw honey has not been processed.
Raw honey is unfiltered, unrefined and remains as fresh as the day it was harvested from the bees.
Ordinary honey is taken through a process whereby it is heated to sometimes as much as 160 degrees Fahrenheit or more!
To preserve the full amount of nutrients, one should not heat honey above 104 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the temperature at which enzymes starts to denature.
Organic raw honey tastes vastly different from the usual grocery store honey, being more delicious and full of flavor!
Raw honey also looks cloudy and is an entirely different consistency to ordinary clear honey, melting on toast or in tea like thick cream.
When honey is organic, it means the bees pollinated flowers and plants that were organic too, which is a lot healthier for you.
Some of the Many Health Benefits of Raw Honey
Raw, unfiltered honey is fantastic for our health, helping our digestive systems to break down starchy foods like rice and bread.
These foods can clog up our stomachs especially if we don’t or can’t chew them properly.
This is because starch is primarily broken down in our mouths rather than in our stomachs thanks to an enzyme known as amylase in our saliva.
Raw, unfiltered honey has concentrations of this digestive enzyme and will break down starches faster.
Diabetics should be wary of this, however, as it can spike your blood sugar levels if they are unstable.
Honey has also been used for centuries to preserve food and as a wound healing medicine.
It has immune-boosting effects, helping our immune systems fight infections and soothing our stomachs when we take it.
Honey is known for its antibacterial effects, used to dress wounds and has been shown to allow wounds to heal faster.
Bees use honey to keep their hives warm, disinfected and as a nutritious food source for their larvae.
As a result, honey lasts a very long time.
Organic Raw Honey Buying Considerations
There are a few additional considerations to make before going to purchase yourself some raw organic honey.
- Glass Jar – it’s important that honey is kept inside glass because plastic will leach into the honey otherwise. Honey is very acidic, and even the slightest heat to a plastic container can leach the plastic particles out in the case of honey. A glass jar is a healthy harmless option.
- Heat – do not buy a raw organic honey that has been heated more than 104 degrees Fahrenheit. This will affect the flavor of the honey otherwise, and it will not be a true raw honey anymore. Ordinary filtered honeys that get heated up through refinement tend to taste deeper and be a darker color.
- Colour – the color of the honey also indicates the kind of plants that were used to make the honey. Tree honeys tend to be a bit darker than flowers. Raw, unfiltered honey tends to be a lighter creamier color, but will have varying shades depending on what was pollinated.
Reviews: Best Organic Raw Honey
Here we have reviewed some of the best organic raw honey in glass for sale online to make it easier for you to source it.
- This organic raw honey has a superior taste and soft as butter melting texture that is delicious in anything you use it with!
- The honey has been USDA certified organic and is free from any chemicals and harmful additives.
- People enjoyed how this honey was not too sweet.
- This honey has not been heated up or filtered and comes in a glass jar.
- Suitable for vegans, coeliacs, hypersensitive individuals, and metabolic syndrome.
- Not suitable for diabetics.
- Comes directly from the farm with as little travel time as possible between you and the source.
- Here is a sweet vegan treat for those who enjoy thick crystalized honey that spreads perfectly on fresh baked bread or in smoothies!
- No chemicals were added to this honey, and it has been shown to be free of pesticides and herbicides.
- Use this honey on your skin and hair for ravishing beauty treatment results too.
- Try using this honey to make a great lip scrub for dry or cracked lips.
- The creamy consistency and the refreshing sweet flavor of this honey make an excellent addition to any kitchen.
- This honey is unheated and was prepared with utmost care not to heat it at all when transferring directly from the bees.
- This honey has a luxurious amber colour and a deep rich taste when compared against other brands of raw unfiltered honey.
- This is completely organic honey made with GMO-free natural forest plants.
- A lot of care was taken to ensure this honey does not overheat before packaging.
- Made in the USA.
- USDA certified organic.
- Enjoy on waffles, bread, in smoothies or over breakfast!
- Return and Refund policy if you are not satisfied with this product.
- Free from chemicals, pesticides, additives and preservatives.
- The mellow taste of this thick, creamy amber honey will make you feel as though you are amidst the wildflowers on California’s coastline.
- Without any heat applied, the subtle flavors and characteristics of these wildflowers are still in tact, creating a delicious pure honey.
- Completely organic, GMO-free, raw and unprocessed.
- Use in tea, coffee, baked goods, on bread, over breakfast, in smoothies, with yogurt and so much more!
- The manufacturers claim that individuals with respiratory allergies will benefit medicinally from supplementing on this wild, raw honey.
- Packaged in glass for your health.
- This honey has a delicate flavour with a light creamy consistency that will leave you wanting to eat it by the spoonful!
- Made in the Canadian frontier, this honey is certified organic and free from any chemicals or additives.
- Enjoy honey directly from one of the purest places left on Earth.
- This honey was not heated to preserve the full enzyme count as well as keep the natural yeasts and nutrients alive.
- This honey will be beneficial to anyone with a sensitive stomach who cannot handle cane sugar (not suitable for diabetics, however).
Comparison Table: Top Organic Raw Honey
|1||YS Organic Raw Organic Honey - USDA Certified Organic Raw Honey||YS Organic||98|
|2||Honey Bee Raw Crystalized Honey - Unpasturised Unfiltered Raw Organic Honey||Honey Bee||95|
|3||Up Nature Unprocessed Organic Honey - 100% Raw Pure Organic Honey From the Hive||Up Nature||96|
|4||Honey Pacifica Coastal Wildflower Honey - Delicious Raw Organic Wild Flower Honey||Honey Pacifica||96|
|5||Tropical Traditions Organic Canadian Honey - Unfiltered Unprocessed Raw Organic Honey||Tropical Traditions||98|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- The Difference Between Raw Honey & Ordinary Honey
- Some of the Many Health Benefits of Raw Honey
- Organic Raw Honey Buying Considerations
- Reviews: Best Organic Raw Honey
- YS Organic® Raw Organic Honey USDA Certified Organic Raw Honey
- Honey Bee® Raw Crystalized Honey Unpasturised Unfiltered Raw Organic Honey
- Up Nature® Unprocessed Organic Honey 100% Raw Pure Organic Honey From the Hive
- Honey Pacifica® Coastal Wildflower Honey Delicious Raw Organic Wild Flower Honey
- Tropical Traditions® Organic Canadian Honey Unfiltered Unprocessed Raw Organic Honey
- Comparison Table: Top Organic Raw Honey