For vegans and health-conscious individuals alike, sourcing the best organic raw honey is no ordinary feat!
Read further to find out more about what you should look for in organic raw vegan honey to make sure you benefit optimally, as well as find the best kind for your needs from our fantastic selection below.
The Difference Between Raw Honey & Ordinary Honey
If you didn’t already know, the difference between raw honey and ordinary honey you find in supermarkets is that raw honey has not been processed.
Raw honey is unfiltered, unrefined, and remains as fresh as the day it was harvested from the bees.
Ordinary honey is taken through a process whereby it is heated to sometimes as much as 160 degrees Fahrenheit or more!
To preserve the full amount of nutrients, one should not heat honey above 104 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the temperature at which enzymes start to denature.
Organic raw honey tastes vastly different from the usual grocery store honey, being more delicious and full of flavor!
Raw honey also looks cloudy and is entirely different from ordinary clear honey, melting on toast or in a tea-like thick cream.
When honey is organic, it means the bees pollinated flowers and plants that were organic too, which is a lot healthier for you.
Some of the Many Health Benefits of Raw Honey
Raw, unfiltered honey is fantastic for our health, helping our digestive systems to break down starchy foods like rice and bread.
These foods can clog up our stomachs, especially if we don’t or can’t chew them properly.
This is because starch is primarily broken down in our mouths rather than in our stomachs, thanks to an enzyme known as amylase in our saliva.
Raw, unfiltered honey has concentrations of this digestive enzyme and will break down starches faster.
However, people with diabetes should be wary of this, as it can spike your blood sugar levels if they are unstable.
Honey has also been used for centuries to preserve food and as a wound healing medicine.
It has immune-boosting effects, helping our immune systems fight infections and soothing our stomachs when we take it.
Honey is known for its antibacterial effects, is used to address wounds, and has been shown to heal wounds fast.
Bees use honey to keep their hives warm, disinfected, and as a nutritious food source for their larvae.
As a result, honey lasts a very long time.
Organic Raw Honey Buying Considerations
There are a few additional considerations to make before going to purchase yourself some raw organic honey.
- Glass Jar – You must keep honey inside the glass because plastic will leach into the honey otherwise. Honey is very acidic, and even the slightest heat to a plastic container can leach the plastic particles out in the case of honey. A glass jar is a healthy, harmless option.
- Heat – do not buy raw organic honey that has been heated more than 104 degrees Fahrenheit. This will affect the honey’s flavor otherwise, and it will not be true raw honey anymore. Ordinary filtered honey that gets heated up through refinement tends to taste deeper and be a darker color.
- Colour – the color of the honey also indicates the kind of plants that were used to make the honey. Tree honey tends to be a bit darker than flowers. Raw, unfiltered honey tends to be a lighter creamier color but will have varying shades depending on what was pollinated.
Reviews: Best Organic Raw Honey
Here we have reviewed some of the best organic raw honey in glass for sale online to make it easier for you to source it. Also, we would like to inform you we shall earn a small commission with every purchase made through the links in the article.
- This organic raw honey has a superior taste and soft as butter melting texture that is delicious in anything you use it with!
- The honey has been USDA-certified organic and is free from any chemicals and harmful additives.
- People enjoyed how this honey was not too sweet.
- This honey has not been heated up or filtered and comes in a glass jar.
- Suitable for vegans, coeliacs, hypersensitive individuals, and metabolic syndrome.
- Not suitable for people with diabetes.
- It comes directly from the farm with as little travel time as possible between you and the source.
- Here is a sweet vegan treat for those who enjoy thick crystallized honey that spreads perfectly on fresh-baked bread or in smoothies!
- No chemicals were added to this honey, and it is free of pesticides and herbicides.
- Use this honey on your skin and hair for ravishing beauty treatment results too.
- Try using this honey to make a great lip scrub for dry or cracked lips.
- The creamy consistency and the refreshingly sweet flavor of this honey make an excellent addition to any kitchen.
- This honey is unheated and was prepared with the utmost care not to heat it at all when transferring directly from the bees.
- This honey has a rich amber color and a deep rich taste compared to other raw, unfiltered honey brands.
- This is entirely organic honey made with GMO-free natural forest plants.
- Honey Bliss took a lot of care to ensure this honey does not overheat before packaging.
- USDA certified organic.
- Enjoy waffles, bread, smoothies, or over breakfast!
- Return and Refund policy if you are not satisfied with this product.
- Free from chemicals, pesticides, additives, and preservatives.
- The mellow taste of this thick, creamy amber honey will make you feel as though you are amidst the wildflowers on California’s coastline.
- Without any heat applied, these wildflowers’ subtle flavors and characteristics are still intact, creating delicious pure honey.
- Completely organic, GMO-free, raw, and unprocessed.
- Use in tea, coffee, baked goods, on bread, over breakfast, in smoothies, with yogurt, and so much more!
- The manufacturers claim that individuals with respiratory allergies will benefit medicinally from supplementing this wild, raw honey.
- Packaged in glass for your health.
- This honey has a delicate flavor with a light creamy consistency that will leave you wanting to eat it by the spoonful!
- This honey is made in the Brazilian frontier and is certified organic and free from any chemicals or additives.
- Enjoy honey directly from one of the purest places left on Earth.
- This honey was not heated to preserve the full enzyme count and keep the natural yeasts and nutrients alive.
- This honey will be beneficial to anyone with a sensitive stomach who cannot handle cane sugar (not suitable for diabetics, however).
- This honey comes from the flowers of the sweet orange tree (Citrus Sinensis).
- The honey is sourced from central Florida, which is famous for its orange groves.
- Orange Blossom honey is light amber in appearance, with a mildly sweet flavor enhanced with a hint of citrus.
- It goes well with a variety of foods such as plain yogurt or drizzled on some vanilla ice cream and baked goods.
- This product contains raw, pure, unfiltered honey.
- This certified organic honey is 100% pure, raw, unheated, and unfiltered.
- Big Island Bees honey comes with a naturally smooth crystalized texture and is easily spreadable.
- The honey has a delicate flavor and is a single-floral variety of honey.
- This product comes packed in a glass jar and manufactured in Hawaii, USA.
- This honey is 100% natural and straight from the hive.
- Tropica Honey ensures that all the naturally occurring enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals are fully preserved.
- The honey is collected without antibiotics, pesticides, additives, preservatives, harmful chemicals, or any harsh treatments.
- This honey comes from the white flowers of the aromatic Lychee flowers and has a sharp aroma.
- Tropica honey has ecologically clean area sources in Bangladesh’s remote regions, where the honeybees can forage for nectar from various flowers.
- This honey is proudly selected from the trusted Moldavian beekeepers and is 100% raw and unfiltered.
- It retains its pollen composition and acts as a source of antioxidants, protein, iron, and fiber.
- EVVA honey is free of any additives, gluten, dairy, nuts, seeds, and is Vegan-friendly and Kosher.
- The gourmet honey works equally well for sweet and savory dishes.
- It comes in a glass jar.
- It contains natural healing properties and is unpasteurized, unheated, and unprocessed.
- The Madhava honey is naturally processed with a creamy, soluble, and sweet texture.
- The product goes through rigorous tests to make sure it does not have any pesticides and insecticides.
- Moreover, it does not have any heavy chemicals like lead, arsenic, mercury, which are harmful to the body.
- You can add honey to your breakfast cereal, shakes, and smoothies to make them tastier.
- You can also use honey to nourish your skin and hair with its natural moisturizing and hydrating content.
- The Madhava honey is derived from sustainable practices from beekeepers of Argentina, Mexico, and Brazil.
- The Nature Nate’s honey is unfiltered but blended for a deep, balanced, and sweet flavored.
- It is gently strained to ensure it has the healthy pollen intact in the honey blend.
- The warm textured honey is entirely gluten-free to make sure people with allergies can enjoy it.
- It has a natural aroma and color to be a healthy addition to your diet in place of empty calories of sugar.
- Honey can help you in managing your weight without having to compromise with the taste.
- It comes in an easy pour squeeze bottle with a no-drip outlet for no mess in the kitchen.
- The Greenbow dark honey has a thick texture with the deep aroma of natural organic sweetener.
- It is a perfect addition to your pancakes, waffles, and crepes to avoid adding artificial sweeteners.
- Moreover, honey is nutritious enough to act as a natural supplement in your diet.
- You can boost your immunity and give your body the ability to fight infections with the goodness of honey.
- It has little to no processing as it is directly sourced from the hives, free from pollution.
- The glucose and fructose in the honey may crystallize depending upon the weather giving it its thick texture.
- The Wholesome Sweeteners honey is rich in natural pollen and propolis to make sure it is 100% pure.
- It does not have any pesticides, antibiotics, genetically modified organisms, and other pollutants like glyphosate.
- The brand claims not to use temperatures higher than the natural hive temperature in the honey’s derivation.
- Moreover, it is ethically sourced and partnered with beekeepers directly for fairly traded organic honey.
- The product is naturally kosher and gluten-free.
- It has multi-floral honey flavors that impart a butterscotch essence to the taste.
Comparison Table: Top Organic Raw Honey
Table of Contents
- The Difference Between Raw Honey & Ordinary Honey
- Some of the Many Health Benefits of Raw Honey
- Organic Raw Honey Buying Considerations
- Reviews: Best Organic Raw Honey
- YS Organic® Raw Organic Honey USDA Certified Organic Raw Honey
- Meluka Honey® Hemp Seed Honey Unpasteurized Unfiltered Raw Organic Honey
- Honey Bliss® Unprocessed Organic Honey 100% Raw Pure Organic Honey From the Hive
- Honey Pacifica® Coastal Wildflower Honey Delicious Raw Organic Wild Flower Honey
- Zesty Bee® Organic Brazilian Honey Unfiltered Unprocessed Raw Organic Honey
- Smiley Honey® Raw Organic Orange Blossom Honey
- Big Island Bees® Ohia Lehua Organic Hawaiian Honey
- Tropica Honey® Natural Lychee Flower Honey
- EVVA® 100% Pure Organic Polyfloral Raw Honey
- Madhava® Aromatic Sustainable Organic Honey
- Nature Nate’s® Gluten-Free Blended Organic Honey
- Greenbow® Amazon Forests Drak Organic Honey
- Wholesome Sweeteners® Non-Glyphosate Fair Trade Organic Honey
- Comparison Table: Top Organic Raw Honey