Are you on the hunt for the best possible organic bread on the market?
To help others like you, we have compiled this buyer’s guide for those looking for the best quality organic bread.
Please find out more about what the best organic bread is made from, what makes it so healthy apart from ordinary bread, and have a look at our premium selection below.
Why is Organic Bread Better than Ordinary Bread?
This raises an old (yet still pertinent) question of why organic food is better than regular food in the first place.
When one looks at the ingredients found in pesticides and sprays used to grow GMO crops, one will notice that heavy toxic metals and chemical substances have been used.
Rinsing the crops will not wash all of that away; however, as the harvest has been sprayed multiple times throughout production, and all these chemicals have been absorbed through water straight into the plant’s tissues.
Organic crops have been grown without these chemicals and usually in a better environment.
Organic crops also have a better chance of being GMO-free, as GMO crops almost require the sprays to function correctly.
In bread, organic bread tends to have far less gluten and far fewer metals inside of it.
The health market for this has been expanding, and people prefer to use fewer metal additives in their bread and become more experimental with healthy sources of starch and protein.
Ingredients to Avoid in your Bread
Organic bread aside, all bread is made up of flour (starches and proteins), fat, water, a raising agent, and a binding agent. These raising agents and binding agents are usually made from unhealthy by-products of industry like heavy metals. Here are some ingredients you may never have realized would cause you to harm inside your daily bread:
- Baking Powder – baking powder is usually a string of heavy metals and E-numbers on its own. These are toxic for you and have been associated with inheriting neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases.
- Yeast – not all yeasts are bad for you; however, instant yeasts often have additional things added to them. The yeast source is also imperative, as the environment it’s grown in will dictate if it has anything else present inside of it (e.g., yeast grown in an aluminum vat will likely contain aluminum residue). Fresh yeast is better than instant yeast regarding health as well.
- Bleach – that’s right, many ordinary bread brands use BLEACH, mainly to give the white bread a white color. Bleach is incredibly harmful to us and can cause scratchy eyes, sore joints, burning chests, and more when exposed to merely the vapors. Ingesting bleach is a disaster; however, millions do it every day in small quantities in their bread! Avoid bread like this at all costs.
- E-numbers – these are little strings of numbers that frequently appear in the ingredients lists of artificially manufactured products. E-numbers are not healthy for us, and they make up additives such as flavoring, food colorants, and more. These components usually have metals to bind or some form of toxic neuro-excitatory compound (e.g., MSG, aspartame). E-numbers have been shown to correlate to outbreaks of autistic and ADHD behavioral patterns directly.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup – if you think ordinary sugar is bad, you will walk away from this knowing that it’s not the worst for you! High fructose corn syrup is by far way worse for you than actual sugar, being even higher than 100 on the Glycemic Index. Besides that, high fructose corn syrup has been directly correlated to tumor growth and cancer’s speedy progression. Don’t buy products with this dangerous sweetener anymore; the benefits are not worth it.
- Soya – many people are allergic to soya, and yet it shows up in many loaves of bread in the form of lecithin or vegetable fat.
- Mono- and Di-glycerides – these are processed fats that are not very healthy for us at all. Scientists and people say that they are alright for us because they only appear in small amounts in our daily bread for binding purposes. The problem with this logic is that these harmful fats accumulate inside of us over time. So after ten years of eating your favorite ordinary bread brand, you wonder why you have a few health problems. It’s time to switch to organic!
The Best Organic Bread Ingredients for your Health
On the other end of the line, organic enthusiasts have been experimenting with incredibly healthful ingredients to add to bread to give it a great taste and help it combine better. Here are some great ingredients you can look out for when looking for organic bread:
- Organic Rye – rye as grain has considerably less gluten in it and clogs up the stomach less. Those of you who are sensitive to ordinary bread could try switching over to rye, but remember that it’s not gluten-free.
- Gluten-free Grains – some very healthy gluten-free grains have been experimented with in bread, like quinoa, spelled, amaranth, millet, sorghum, teff, rice, and buckwheat. If your bread has any of these in it, it will have a heightened nutritional content on top of being organic and gluten-free.
- Seeds, Nuts, and Sprouts – the tastiest, healthful breads use nuts and seeds in them. Essene bread is an ancient form of bread that uses sprouts in combination with seeds and nuts, creating an energy bomb of note! Say goodbye to a fuzzy brain after eating your ordinary sandwich and stock up on essential oils and nutrients from your bread instead!
Reviews: The Best Organic Breads
For the best organic bread results, it’s recommended you bake your bread to suit your needs or find someone who is local that can make it for you fresh.
If you are limited and can’t do that, then you may want to look at our selection of the best organic bread we could find to order online.
- This rye bread is a very clean product and has become very popular for those ordering products online.
- The best part about this organic rye bread is that it only has four ingredients: organic rye, water, sea salt, and yeast.
- This product has got a lot of fiber and little to no fat. If you are not allergic to gluten, you will put on less weight by eating this bread!
- This is a kosher product and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Everything in this product is 100% organic and contains no chemicals, preservatives, or additives at any part of the process.
- Enjoy the convenience of having a slice of organic bread when you feel like it.
- It comes in a bulk pack of 12.
- This is called Dave’s Killer Bread for an excellent reason, being completely tasty, light in texture, and healthy for you!
- Indulge in a variety of seeds for your health and have extra energy throughout the day.
- This bread is entirely GMO-free, making it superior quality.
- No artificial or refined additives were used, such as high fructose corn syrup or baking powder.
- Soft texture after defrosting with a favorable crunchy seed now and then, this could be your sandwich dreams coming true!
- 100% organic, vegetarian/vegan, and kosher.
- If you can’t tolerate gluten, dairy, soy, or nuts, then this is the bread for you!
- Free of all of the above additives and more, this bread is soft and fluffy like your ideal sandwich loaf.
- Baked in a dedicated facility to being gluten-free, you never will need to worry about contamination with this loaf of bread.
- Each slice is moist and is big enough to pack a full sandwich.
- Now being gluten-free no longer needs to be a lunchtime sacrifice!
- The only allergen this contains is egg whites.
- This loaf is a raw loaf made from predominantly vegan sunflower seeds.
- When you first put it together, this premix will give you seed crackers, which, once moistened with a bit of water, turns into raw vegan bread.
- This product is gluten-free, organic, GMO-free, and ideal for snacks.
- Other natural ingredients found in this no-bake bread include carrots‚ celery‚ flax‚ parsley‚ basil‚ dulse‚ herbs‚ caraway seeds‚ and Himalayan crystal salt.
- A dehydrator is required to make this bread come to life.
- If you don’t like any of the options above, we recommend baking your white bread with this delicious non-GMO Organic White Bread Flour.
- It is grown on the premise that it uses no chemicals at any stage of the refining process.
- It makes an incredibly dreamy, creamy consistency when baking bread.
- Taste the difference in your sandwiches every day with fresh home-baked goodness.
- Feel better and control your health choices by deciding what you add to your food and when!
- Delicious Apple Cake Flavored bread.
- USDA Certified Organic and all-natural ingredients are used.
- It does not contain any GMO’SI Pesticides, additives, or other chemicals.
- Certified Vegan ingredients, no animal derivatives.
- A Lo-Carb bread with 7 grains and high fiber content.
- its a Keto design bread for those following the diet program.
- It contains only 2g of carbs per slice.
- All-natural and organic ingredients are used.
- This is a Bread mix that includes everything you need to bake your own delicious bread.
- Pumpkin and chocolate chip flavored and ingredients.
- All-natural and organic ingredients are used.
- This organic bread is made using wheat sprouts that are freshly harvested every day.
- Alvarado St. Bakery loaves of bread are made with organic and healthy ingredients.
- This product does not contain any nuts, soy, dairy, or eggs.
- The sprouted wheat bread is Kosher Pareve by Star-K as well as Non-GMO.
- This bread is certified organic and vegan. CERTIFIED ORGANIC & CERTIFIED VEGAN
- These bread loaves are freshly baked in a small family bakery and are never frozen.
- This product is CRC Kosher as well as Non-GMO and free of any harmful chemicals or pesticides.
- Organic Bread of Heaven is free of nuts and wheat gluten.
Comparison Table: Top Organic Breads
Table of Contents
- Why is Organic Bread Better than Ordinary Bread?
- Ingredients to Avoid in your Bread
- The Best Organic Bread Ingredients for your Health
- Reviews: The Best Organic Breads
- Mestemacher® Organic Rye Additive-Free Organic Rye Bread
- Dave’s Killer Bread® Organic Seed Loaf The Best Organic Seed Loaf Online
- New Grains Gluten Free Bakery® Organic Bread 100% Gluten Free White Bread
- Mestemacher® Organic Sunflower Seed Bread
- Great River Organic Milling® White Bread Flour Premium Quality Organic White Bread Flour
- Organic Bread of Heaven® Apple Cake Organic Bread
- Sami’s® Lo Carb Organic Bread
- Foodstirs® Real Organic Organic Chocolate Chip Pumkin Bread Mix
- Alvarado St. Bakery® Sprouted California Style Bread
- Organic Bread of Heaven® Rustic Organic Sourdough Bread
- Comparison Table: Top Organic Breads