Conventional ketchup is mostly made from artificial ingredients and chemicals, which might be harmful to your health. And if you’re on a diet, then regular ketchup might not be the best option for you.
On the other hand, the best organic ketchup contains higher amounts of antioxidants and natural compounds that are incredibly beneficial for health and also help you if you are on a diet and trying to lose weight.
Why Switch from Inorganic to Organic Ketchup?
- Pesticides – Tomatoes are applied with more than usual chemical spray during production due to their thick skin so to prevent intake of excessive amounts of pesticides, buy organic.
- Antioxidants – Tomato plants that are not fed nitrogenous fertilizers tend to develop increased levels of antioxidants on their own, so it’s a win-win situation for you; no pesticides yet equal or in fact, more beneficial compared to inorganic tomatoes.
- Toxicants – Since ketchup is made from loads of tomatoes to boil it down to the consistency of the texture of a sauce, the key ingredient of the product thus has to be organic for it to be suitable for consumption. Otherwise, you’re eating a large number of toxins.
Health Benefits of Organic Ketchup
Ketchup made from organic tomatoes has innumerable advantages for your health, some of which we have listed down for you below.
- Prevention of Cancer – Organic tomatoes have been proven to contain antioxidants that work well in the prevention of developing cancer. One of them is lycopene, which reduces the risk of most forms of cancer in your body. Given the limited cures of cancer, this a huge plus. Lycopene also boosts male fertility.
- Cholesterol Levels – Organic tomatoes keep your cholesterol levels in check by cutting back on low-density lipoprotein, informally known as bad cholesterol. This is backed by a study where people who consumed organic ketchup in their meals saw a significant decrease in their cholesterol levels.
- Good Vision – This is more of a spillover benefit of organic tomatoes, among many other major health benefits it brings.
Ingredients to Avoid in your Ketchup:
- Poor Quality Salts – Ketchup making companies are infamous to use the cheapest salt available in the market for production. This can potentially lead to high blood pressure and can cause other imbalances in your body.
- Natural Flavors – These companies claim they use ‘natural’ flavoring in their products, which in reality are not so natural. These flavors are often left out in the ingredient list at the back of the bottle, so make sure you get the one that tells what exact flavors they use.
- Corn Syrup – It is one of the major ingredients of the ketchup and enhances the taste as well. However, it damages your body organs and causes long-term health problems, so avoid it.
Reviews: Best Organic Ketchups
We hope you love the following organic ketchups we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- With over 500 reviews, this organic ketchup is one of the best available in the market. Tried and tested from so many customers, you can count on it.
- The taste and texture are the same as the classic Heinz ketchup, so no compromise on the quality of taste is made.
- For those of you who are conscious about their weight, it contains less than 20 calories per serving
- Their tomatoes are certified in the USA to be organic so their customers can be sure of what they’re consuming.
- Their ketchup is the most suitable for those trying to clean their diet from excessive sugars and other harmful substances as it is gluten-free, keto diet approved, soy-free, and dairy-free, so most of the harmful substances are not present.
- Ketchup is made from organic oils and organic herbs, unlike inorganic ketchup, which is produced out of unreasonable amounts of fillers like xanthan gum, tapioca starch, and gum acacia.
- Since there aren’t any artificial binders in it, making it safe to consume for children and adults.
- The texture might not be as thick as other ketchup, but that’s because unhealthy gums aren’t added in there to maintain consistency of the sauce.
- It contains no artificial sugars as raw honey, and turbinado cane sugar are used as sweeteners in the making of it.
- As I mentioned above, ketchup making companies often use low-quality salts to cut back on their costs, but this ketchup contains Himalayan pink salt, which is considered one of the best salts out there and tastes excellent.
- The flavor added to it is entirely home-made, keeping in mind the taste and preference of their customers, so they deliver the quality they promised.
- Their products can be traced back to where they are produced, so if you have any doubts about the production process, make use of this option.
- The company uses sustainable farming methods, and absolutely, no herbicides or pesticides are used while tomatoes are grown. Not only this, but they don’t grow genetically modified plants either, which is a common practice among the companies to maximize their productivity and profits.
- A unique ingredient used in this ketchup, which makes its taste so unique and full of flavor, is agave syrup, a Mexican plant, added to sweeten the ketchup.
- The best thing about this ketchup is that it doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup, which, as I discussed above, poses major damages to your body. There are hardly any bottles of ketchup in the market which don’t contain corn syrup, but this company manages to maintain their quality without this ingredient.
- A bottle only costs 7 dollars, which is below market price so it can be bought and stored in bulk as well for convenience.
- It is produced on a family farm, so commercial practices of farming are not the case in the making of this ketchup.
- Jalapeno flavor is not so common in ketchup, but this company explored this flavor and rightly so. The sourness in the ketchup due to the presence of jalapenos in there serves as a treat for your taste buds.
- This ketchup targets all people, even those with allergies. It is allergy-friendly for 8 of the most common allergies in the US, which tells a lot about how much they care about their consumers.
- The bottles are environment-friendly since they can be recycled and reused for other purposes.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Ketchups
|1||Heinz Heinz Organic Certified Tomato Ketchup - Organic Classic Heinz Ketchup||Heinz||98.1|
|2||Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup - USDA Organic Ketchup||Trader Joe's||97|
|3||Out of the Kitchen Mitch Maier's Black Garlic Ketchup - Healthy Organic Ketchup||Out of the Kitchen||96|
|4||Biona Classic Squeezy Tomato Ketchup - Thick & Rich Organic Ketchup||Biona||96|
|5||Baird Farmhouse Maple Ketchup - 100% Pure Organic Ketchup||Baird Farmhouse||95|
|6||Red Gold Mama Selita's Jalapeno Tomato Ketchup - Organic Freshest, Best Tasting Tomato Ketchup||Red Gold||94|
Table of Contents
- Why Switch from Inorganic to Organic Ketchup?
- Health Benefits of Organic Ketchup
- Ingredients to Avoid in your Ketchup:
- Reviews: Best Organic Ketchups
- Heinz® Heinz Organic Certified Tomato Ketchup Organic Classic Heinz Ketchup
- Trader Joe's® Organic Ketchup USDA Organic Ketchup
- Out of the Kitchen® Mitch Maier's Black Garlic Ketchup Healthy Organic Ketchup
- Biona® Classic Squeezy Tomato Ketchup Thick & Rich Organic Ketchup
- Baird Farmhouse® Maple Ketchup 100% Pure Organic Ketchup
- Red Gold® Mama Selita's Jalapeno Tomato Ketchup Organic Freshest, Best Tasting Tomato Ketchup
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Ketchups