Buying the best organic oatmeal brands is like fishing in the dark, as there are hundreds of brands claiming to be the top choice. But only the healthiest oatmeal brand stands true to the promise and provides the best nutrition.
Besides, in terms of nutrient profile and benefits, organic and conventional oats are on the same page. However, organic oatmeal is safer to consume because it is not produced with chemical pesticides or fertilizers. So let’s check what are rolled oats brands that are the best.
Reasons Why Oatmeal Is The Healthiest Breakfast
Here are six good reasons to eat oatmeal every day.
- Improve tummy health: Oats are full of soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber helps to lower cholesterol and stabilize blood glucose levels. Whereas the insoluble fiber helps curtail constipation and improve tummy health.
- Heart and colon-friendly: Oats contain Avenanthramides, an antioxidant known for their anti-inflammatory and anti-itching activity. It also provides additional protection against coronary heart disease and colon cancer.
- A balanced breakfast: A cup of cooked oatmeal contains about 150 calories, four grams of fiber, and six grams of protein. When swirled with almond butter or milk, oatmeal makes a great breakfast so that you can forget those mid-morning visits to the vending machine.
- Full Of vitamins and minerals: Oatmeal contains thiamine, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, selenium, iron, and more.
- Gluten-free: Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for gluten-intolerant people. Oats are naturally gluten-free
- Aids in weight management: Oats can keep you feeling fuller longer, thereby helping you manage the ‘extra’ pounds. As with any other food, have an eye on portion sizes.
Organic Oats vs Regular Oats
Best organic oats are made from certified organic whole grains, i.e., grown without the use of pesticides or chemical fertilizers (Organic certification allows a restricted list of pesticides derived from plant sources or pure chemicals like copper or sulfur sprays). Organic oats are also grown crop rotation or may involve green manure fertilizers and natural pest control methods. Additionally, organic oatmeal is non-GMO.
Regular oatmeal is made from oats grown with legally allowed pesticides and fertilizers the farmers choose, and they may be GMO.
Another critical difference is the price. Organically grown oats are quite expensive, yet the best oatmeal to buy. Both types can be used as cereals, in baked goods, energy bars, and granola.
Choosing The Healthiest Organic Oatmeal Brands
- Whole grains are the best: Look for specific terms like ‘instant oats’ or ‘whole-grain rolled oats’ to be listed as the key ingredient. This ensures that you will receive plenty of health benefits.
- Look for fiber: Choosing low-calorie oatmeal brands with at least 3 grams of fiber is what we highly recommend. The fiber will not only help you feel fuller longer but keeps your blood sugar level stable.
- Look (out) for sugar: The dark side of conventional oatmeal brands lies in the amount of added sugar in them. So, choose an unsweetened, organic one; if needed, you may add berries, honey, or cinnamon to the morning bowl of oatmeal.
- Look (out) for sodium. Many instant oatmeal brands contain sodium (for enhancing flavor and preservative purposes). Choose organic oatmeals or natural instant oatmeals that contain less than 200 milligrams of sodium per serving.
Trending Organic Oatmeal
Just watch how easy it is to prepare with this tasty organic oatmeal.
This fresh organic oatmeal is trending on Instagram with many excellent reviews.
It offers a fast solution for those in a rush and keeps them full until it lunchtime.
Here is a Link to buy from Amazon.
Reviews: Best Organic Oatmeal
Want to know the best oatmeal brands that will help you start your day? Here are our top 5 picks. Please don’t settle for less when it comes to your breakfast! Besides, we’d like to inform you that this page includes affiliate links.
- This instant oatmeal from Bob’s Red Mill contains organic rolled oats, natural cane sugar, and organic cinnamon. It doesn’t contain artificial flavors used by other oatmeal brands.
- This organic oatmeal is gluten-free which is safe, and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
- With this organic oatmeal, you can guarantee it’s not sprayed with any fungicides or pesticides, and it’s not genetically engineered.
- High in nutrients, it pulls three grams of fiber and protein per serving.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- Nature’s Path is one of the healthiest oatmeal brands to buy, and for a good reason. It’s organic. It’s delicious and creamy.
- Made from organic rolled oats, it packs nutrients needed to keep you going: 190 calories, 3g fat, 34g carbs, 6g fiber, and 8g protein.
- Best of all, it has zero cholesterol which giving you a healthy weight loss and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- It’s non-GMO oatmeal – the only ingredients listed are organic rolled oats and sea salt.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- Great River Milling organic steel-cut oats are great when you’re in a hurry. Add frozen fruit, raisins, or berries to the oatmeal bowl, and then it is the best breakfast.
- Moreover, this isn’t the regular rolled oats! It has a nuttier and chewier texture than the regular rolled oats; this one has a toasty look.
- So, why is it on this list? It is certified organic, kosher, and has no fillers. Plus, you get 7 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber for each serving.
- Yes, it takes time to cook; however, the slow process is definitely worth the time. Why? because it is ideal for people with diabetes or blood sugar issues.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- Made from kilned, whole groats processed by steaming and flaking, Kauffman’s Fruit Farm oat flakes are proof that you can get a delightful bowl of goodness with zero sugar, cholesterol, and sodium.
- Nutritional Info: Each serving of this oatmeal provides 110 calories, zero milligrams of sodium, three grams of fiber, and four grams of protein.
- Add a tablespoon of almond butter, a handful of cut berries, and some toasted sliced almonds. The almonds will pump up both protein and fiber even more, and you’ll get a satisfying breakfast.
- Not only is this oatmeal non-GMO, but it is organic, too. And therefore, the best oatmeal to buy.
- Do you like trying low-calorie oatmeal brands? Then Royal Lee Organics Organic Gluten-Free Oat Groats is the perfect packet for you.
- That means it is neither cut nor rolled like most oatmeal brands out there. You can grind into flour or cook and eat as a rice substitute – the choice is yours!
- USDA Organic, gluten-free, and non-GMO, the grains come in high-pressure vacuum-sealed packages.
- You can also feel right about this one because there’s no added sodium and no added sugars. Plus, it gives 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of dietary fiber, making it an excellent food choice for your family.
- You can make a hearty and healthy breakfast with these Great River Organic Milling oats in under two minutes.
- The oats have organic whole grain that is rolled into oats for quick cooking to be meal-ready.
- They contain a high amount of fiber to improve the health of your digestive and circulatory systems.
- Moreover, the oats from this healthiest oatmeal brand are ground at cool temperatures to maintain enzyme activity and protein levels.
- Get the GF Harvest steel cut organic oats roasted and steamed to have a longer shelf life.
- They cook evenly in a few minutes to give you a healthy and hearty meal for breakfast.
- The oats are 100 whole-grain without contamination of other allergy-causing ingredients to be safe for people with allergies.
- Each oatmeal batch goes through rigorous testing for 5PPM gluten content to trust the brand’s authenticity.
- The Earnest Eats oats have a delicious maple flavor to make your morning breakfast exciting and nutritious.
- It has the goodness of protein-rich whey along with probiotics to be easy on your stomach throughout the day.
- You will feel a higher level of energy and attentiveness with this organic superfood addition to your breakfast.
- Additionally, the oats have Quinoa and puffed Amaranth in the mix to make them rich in flavonoids and antioxidants.
- You can consider the plant-based Be Still Farms oatmeal, which is low in carbs for calorie-conscious people.
- The oats are low in cholesterol and have polyphenols, antioxidants, Avenanthramides, anti-inflammatories, and beta-glucan.
- Your gut health and digestive system will have a better functioning with the oats’ high fiber content.
- It comes in eco-friendly packaging that can be recycled to reduce the carbon footprint on the environment.
- This is a 24-ounce pack of 100% Whole grains that are USDA Certified Organic.
- One of the healthiest oatmeal brands, it is rich in fiber, low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- These oats pair well with fresh or dried fruits, as well as nuts and cinnamon.
- It is Non-GMO Project Verified and does not contain any artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Oatmeal Brands
|1||Bob's Red Mill Rolled - Nutritional Organic Oatmeal||Bob's Red Mill||96.75|
|2||Nature's Path Whole Grain - Instant Organic Oatmeal||Nature's Path||95.5|
|3||Great River Milling Steel Cut - Certified Organic Oatmeal||Great River Milling||94.25|
|4||Kauffman's Fruit Farm Regular Rolled - Best Organic Oatmeal||Kauffman's Fruit Farm||97|
|5||Royal Lee Organics USDA Certified - Whole Grain Organic Oatmeal||Royal Lee Organics||97|
|6||Great River Organic Milling Whole Grain - Best Organic Oats||Great River Organic Milling||98|
|7||GF Harvest Roasted Flavor - Best Certified Organic Oatmeal||GF Harvest||97|
|8||Earnest Eats Gluten-Free - Unsweetened Oatmeal||Earnest Eats||94|
|9||Be Still Farms Plant-Based - Microwaveable Organic Oatmeal||Be Still Farms||98|
|10||Quaker Whole Grain - Organic Rolled Oatmeal||Quaker||97.6|
Table of Contents
- Reasons Why Oatmeal Is The Healthiest Breakfast
- Organic Oats vs Regular Oats
- Choosing The Healthiest Organic Oatmeal Brands
- Trending Organic Oatmeal
- Reviews: Best Organic Oatmeal
- Bob's Red Mill® Rolled Nutritional Organic Oatmeal
- Nature's Path® Whole Grain Instant Organic Oatmeal
- Great River Milling® Steel Cut Certified Organic Oatmeal
- Kauffman's Fruit Farm® Regular Rolled Best Organic Oatmeal
- Royal Lee Organics® USDA Certified Whole Grain Organic Oatmeal
- Great River Organic Milling® Whole Grain Best Organic Oats
- GF Harvest® Roasted Flavor Best Certified Organic Oatmeal
- Earnest Eats® Gluten-Free Unsweetened Oatmeal
- Be Still Farms® Plant-Based Microwaveable Organic Oatmeal
- Quaker® Whole Grain Organic Rolled Oatmeal
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Oatmeal Brands