Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Tacos have to be the most loved Mexican snack of all-time! They offer a very authentic taste of curry and spices while being healthy at the same time. But to make a perfect taco, you need some good taco shells. And what’s better than their Organic counterpart?
Organic taco shells are the healthier version of a regular tortilla roll. The shells are filled with the goodness of natural ingredients such as organic corn flours and sunflower oils. We have prepared the perfect Organic taco shell guide for you to choose the best one for yourself.
Why Organic Taco Shells are the Best?
There are certain factors that make organic taco shells stands out from the crowd, and we have listed some of them below
- Healthier – Organic taco shells are made from 100% healthy ingredients and boasts several certifications. So you are getting a far better quality product at the same price.
- Authentic Taste – The organic taco shells are made using authentic taco making techniques and ingredient so that you can get a traditional Mexican taste in every bite.
- Hypoallergenic – Organic products are said to be free of any harmful allergy constituents. So it is unlikely that organic taco shells will disturb any of your prevailing allergies
- Versatile – Regular taco shells or mixes can only make a certain type of taco, that is crunchy or tortilla. Whereas organic taco shells are capable of doing either one with equal excellence.
Types of Organic Taco Shells
There are many types of taco shells available in the market. We have explained each kind below so that you can choose the best for yourself
- Yellow Corn – Ground yellow corn taco shells are the most common type of tortillas. They have a salty flavor, and they can be bought easily from your nearest supermarket or any e-commerce store.
- Indian Taco – Indian taco shells are a combination of fry bread and tortilla. These fall in the soft shell category and can be used to make quesadillas as an alternative to your regular bread.
- Puffy Tacos – Made from uncooked tortillas, these taco shells have a wide variety of uses due to their higher heat resistance. Many Mexican restaurants use this to make traditional pizzas.
Buying Considerations for Organic Taco Shells
There are a number of things that you need to consider before getting an organic taco shell for yourself. Below, we have shortlisted the most important factors to make your job easier.
- Ingredients Used – As their name suggests, organic taco shells should be made from natural ingredients and nothing less than that. Most used materials in an organic taco shell are corn floor and a combination of sunflower oils.
- Hard or Soft – Taco shells have two mainly two compositions, hard and soft. Hard shells are used to make your usual tacos, whereas soft shells are used in rolls and tortillas. However, some organic taco shells can pull both of these forms.
- Longetivity – Organic taco shells are said to lose their freshness early compared to any normal taco shell. So be sure to consume them before they expire.
While looking for taco shells, you may also visit organic crackers as they are also popular for their crispy texture and salty flavor. Crackers come in many different shapes and flavors.
Reviews: Best Organic Taco Shells
On the basis of our research, we have mentioned the best organic taco shells available online. However, we do receive a very minimal profit from every purchase that goes through the links mentioned below, without any kind of additional charges on you. That said, let’s get started.
- The flavour of these taco shells is very authentic, with a combination of crunch and salt.
- It is made from organic yellow corn powder, and you can feel its essence while eating.
- Certified by kosher, these taco shells are completely organic and sodium-free.
- The packaging is very sturdy, which protects the taco shells from breaking during transportation.
- It comes in a single packaging that contains 12 pieces, and it is one of the most budget-friendly taco shells available.
Ortega Store® Yellow Corn Organic Taco Shells
- Made from yellow corn, these taco bells have a very tortilla genius flavour.
- It enhances the flavors of chicken, steaks, or any vegetables that are stuffed inside it.
- The taco shells are quite durable as well, and they can last for a long period in normal conditions.
- It comes in a freshness pack, which keeps them crunchy and safe from any breakages.
- It contains no sugar and salt with a very minimal quantity of sodium.
Raw Wraps® Gluten Free Organic Taco Shells and Wraps
- These taco shells are made from vegan spinach, onion and psyllium, and are very low in carbs.
- You have the option to serve them as hard shells or soft tortillas according to your requirements.
- They are made from vegan materials, which are certified GMO and keto-friendly.
- The shelf life of these taco shells is also commendable as they can last up to a year without refrigeration.
- The lightweight and squish proof composition make them camping and travel friendly.
Mi Rancho® Organic Corn Tortila Shells
- Made from stone ground whole kernel corn, these taco shells provides a very authentic taste and smell.
- It contains no harmful ingredients as they are certified by the USDA to be completely organic.
- These taco shells are also one of the most affordable ones on our list.
- It contains no cholesterol or sodium; however, the fiber content in these taco shells is relatively high.
- When heated, you will also feel a slight trace of lime and sourness in these taco shells.
Del Campo® Soft Corn Authentic Taco Shells
- These taco shells are quite versatile as they can be served as wraps, burritos or quesadillas.
- Made from 100% gluten-free natural ingredients, these shells are extremely well-balanced.
- Staying true to their cultural Mexican touch. The taste of these shells is a blend of spicy and salty.
- Low in fat and high in fiber, these taco shells can prove to be an efficient alternative to your regular bread.
- Each taco shell contains around 55 calories, which is quite low and healthy comparatively.
Garden of Eating® Organic Yellow Corn Taco Shells
- These taco shells come packed in a preservative abd well-packaged box.
- The shells are made from organic yellow corn with a combination of canola oil.
- No artificial colors or preservative oils were used during the production of these shells.
- The cooking time of these taco shells is relatively less as a 5-minutes bake is enough to make them crispy.
- The pack of 12 taco shells will last you for a long time. However, other options with higher quantities are also available.
Siete Store® Grain Free Taco Shells
- This is a pack of Grain-Free Taco Shells, made by Siete Store.
- It is Dairy Free, Soy Free, Grain-Free, Paleo, and Vegan Friendly.
- The shells are Certified Gluten-free, Non-GMO, and made without any preservatives.
- It is made with high-quality Cassava Flour and comes in a pack of 12.
Mission Store® Organic Flour Tortillas
- This is a pack of Organic Flour Tortilla, brought to you by Mission Store.
- The tortillas are Certified Organic by USDA and are also Non-GMO verified.
- It comes in a 6-count pack of flour tortillas.
- The flour tortillas are flavored with sea salt and serve as a delicious addition to any recipe.
Mr. Tortilla Store® Gourmet White Tortillas
- This is a pack of Gourmet White Flour Tortillas made by Mr. Tortilla Store.
- It is made using Organic Wheat Flour and baked to perfection to give you the fresh flavor and distinct artisanal flair.
- The tortillas are Organic, Non-GMO, and free of trans-fat and cholesterol, and are low in Sodium too.
- It comes in a pack of 4, each containing 8 tortillas.
Tomatillas® 100% Fresh Tomato Corn Tortilla
- This is a pack of 100% Fresh Tomato Corn Tortillas made by Tomatillas.
- It is low in calories compared to regular tortillas, and 2 tomato tortillas only contain as many calories as one single corn tortilla.
- It is made from 100% fresh and natural tomatoes for the best flavor.
- The tortillas are Gluten-free, high-fiber, and free of any added colors, cholesterol, and is low fat.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Taco Shells
|1||365 Everyday Value - Organic Taco Shell||365||99|
|2||Ortega Store Yellow Corn - Organic Taco Shells||Ortega Store||98|
|3||Raw Wraps Gluten Free Organic - Taco Shells and Wraps||Raw Wraps||98|
|4||Mi Rancho Organic - Corn Tortila Shells||Mi Rancho||97|
|5||Del Campo Soft Corn Authentic - Taco Shells||Del Campo||98|
|6||Garden of Eating Organic Yellow Corn - Taco Shells||Garden of Eating||97.6|
|7||Siete Store Grain Free - Taco Shells||Siete Store||97.2|
|8||Mission Store Organic - Flour Tortillas||Mission Store||96.8|
|9||Mr. Tortilla Store Gourmet - White Tortillas||Mr. Tortilla Store||96.4|
|10||Tomatillas 100% Fresh - Tomato Corn Tortilla||Tomatillas||95.9|
Table of Contents
- Why Organic Taco Shells are the Best?
- Types of Organic Taco Shells
- Buying Considerations for Organic Taco Shells
- Reviews: Best Organic Taco Shells
- 365® Everyday Value Organic Taco Shell
- Ortega Store® Yellow Corn Organic Taco Shells
- Raw Wraps® Gluten Free Organic Taco Shells and Wraps
- Mi Rancho® Organic Corn Tortila Shells
- Del Campo® Soft Corn Authentic Taco Shells
- Garden of Eating® Organic Yellow Corn Taco Shells
- Siete Store® Grain Free Taco Shells
- Mission Store® Organic Flour Tortillas
- Mr. Tortilla Store® Gourmet White Tortillas
- Tomatillas® 100% Fresh Tomato Corn Tortilla
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Taco Shells