Whether you are searching for the best possible apple cider vinegar or wondering what the health hype over it is about, you came to the right place!
Below we have outlined in brief how vinegar is made, what ‘Mother of Vinegar’ is and why organic apple cider vinegar is so healthy for you.
How is Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Made?
This is a concise explanation of how apple cider vinegar is made step-by-step.
- Harvest – The first step in making organic apple cider vinegar is harvesting the best organic apples. These apples have not been genetically modified or sprayed with harmful chemicals.
- Crushing & Juicing – The second step is to crush the apples and extract as much apple juice from them as possible. In large scale, non-organic operations, this is done in colossal aluminum vats, which is not the healthiest of choice. In small-scale organic farming operations, smaller equipment is used, and more care is given to any form of contamination via chemicals or metals along the way.
- Alcoholic Fermentation – Once the apple juice has been collected, yeast and other similar bacteria are used to take the sugars and transform them into alcohol. This turns the apple juice into cider or apple must. Organic fermentation techniques often use natural yeasts and bacteria that are naturally found to decompose apples, as opposed to those that are commercially available and often extracted from beer making.
- Acetobacter Fermentation – Once the apple cider has been created, there is a second fermentation process to turn alcohol to vinegar. Another name for vinegar is acetic acid, which is what gives vinegar its sour taste. Acetobacter are bacteria that turn alcohol into acetic acid, thus forming the finished product.
What is ‘Mother of Vinegar’?
When looking for the best organic apple cider vinegar, many health vendors will claim that their vinegar possesses “the mother”.
Mother of vinegar refers to the original culture of bacteria used to transform cider or wine into vinegar.
The cloudy or murky color of organic apple cider vinegar that has been unfiltered and unpasteurized occurs due to the mother of vinegar bacteria present.
Mother of vinegar is not a bad thing and in fact, contains all the health benefits everyone is seeking in culinary apple cider vinegar.
Ordinary vinegar that has been filtered and is non-organic will not have any traces of the mother and thus will not contain nearly as many health benefits.
Often vinegar that does not have the mother present in the final product has been heated up, which destroys all of the nutrients. This type of vinegar is better used in cleaning, but for health purposes, organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the mother is the best.
5 Reasons Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Should Be In Your Diet
Here are five excellent reasons why one should try to include organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar in their diet.
- Amino Acids – The best quality vinegar contains a decent amount of amino acids, which are proteins that form the building blocks for many of the nutrients your body needs to sustain itself.
- Antioxidants – Unfiltered organic vinegar was also shown to contain chlorogenic acid, a powerful antioxidant that protects the heart, lowers LDL cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease. This suggests that vinegar can be used to lose weight as well as LDL cholesterol is the ‘bad cholesterol’ that can lead to weight gain in high amounts.
- Naturally Antimicrobial – Vinegar has been used for thousands of years as a preservative and disinfectant for its antimicrobial properties. Organic apple cider vinegar that hasn’t been heated or filtered can help destroy pathogens in the body too, without unsettling gut bacteria (unless consumed in very high quantities!)
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels – The best organic vinegar varieties have been scientifically shown to reduce blood sugar levels, improve insulin sensitivity and reduce insulin response. This is an essential organic dietary inclusion for those who suffer from diabetes or who are pre-diabetic.
- Satiety & Weight Loss – Vinegar increases the feeling of being full and can reduce the calories one consumes in a meal in this regard. It was also shown to promote belly flatness and reduce bloating over time.
Reviews: Best Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Below is a top selection of the best organic apple cider vinegar, all of which are just waiting to be added to your salad dressings, vegetables, stews or stir-fries!
- Bragg’s organic apple cider vinegar is of a superior standard and quality, rich in antioxidants, enzymes, and potassium for a healthy immune system.
- Unpasteurized, unfiltered and raw, this vinegar contains the essence of the mother and has all its nutrients still intact.
- A rich potassium content helps to alleviate muscle cramping or pains after intensive exercise or nutritional deficiency.
- Can be used in cooking or watered down as a fantastic natural skin toner and acne solution.
- Packaged in glass for optimal health and free from BPA or plastic compounds.
- Aged in wood for supreme results!
- This organic apple cider vinegar will provide an ideal addition to any healthy kitchen, able to improve the immune function of the whole family.
- Apple cider vinegar can aid metabolism and improve insulin sensitivity, being ideal for those who are prone to diabetes.
- Improve digestion and reduce heartburn or cardiac problems by ingesting a tablespoon of organic vinegar per day.
- This vinegar has been made from USDA certified organic apples and has also been USDA certified organic as a whole.
- Packaged in glass, unheated and unfiltered for maximum nutritional content and value!
- This apple cider vinegar is both non-GMO and 100% organic at every step of the process, giving you vinegar of the highest quality.
- In the cider making process, all apple scraps or concentrates are avoided, and only the best apple pulp was used to produce this product.
- Contained inside an amber glass bottle for the best protection against the denaturing of nutrients or contamination.
- This organic vinegar contains more of the mother strain bacteria than any other of its kind and has got more nutritional value because of it.
- Add when sealing meat or over your salad dressing for impressive and delicious results!
- This apple cider vinegar comes in a very large size and is great for restaurants, bistros and large families who need it to last!
- Made using 100% organic and GMO-free apples and USDA certified as organic for trusted nutritional content.
- This organic cider vinegar has not been heated or filtered, leaving as much Mother of Vinegar in it as possible.
- Packaged in a container that is BPA free and that has remained unheated.
- This is a product of the USA, made with apples farmed on US soil and fermented on US grounds.
- This apple cider vinegar is made using the mother cultivar and has been unfiltered to make for the best quality.
- Slightly diluted, this vinegar is ideal for use as a health supplement to add to your favorite drink or salads on a daily basis.
- Perfect for those who want to incorporate vinegar into their diet while still wanting to keep tabs on their acidity levels.
- Contains no genetically modified apples or organisms and is 100% USDA certified organic.
- This vinegar has been packaged in glass and is free from BPA or plastic.
Index Table: Top Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
|1||Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - Raw Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar||Bragg||98|
|2||Dynamic Health 100% Pure Apple Cider Vinegar - Natural Mother Organic Apple Cider Vinegar||Dynamic Health||97|
|3||Mother Nature’s Essentials Apple Cider Vinegar - 100% Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar||Mother Nature’s Essentials||98|
|4||Kevala Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - Large Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar||Kevala||97|
|5||White House Raw Apple Cider Vinegar - Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother||White House||95|
Table of Contents
- How is Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Made?
- What is ‘Mother of Vinegar’?
- 5 Reasons Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Should Be In Your Diet
- Reviews: Best Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Bragg® Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Raw Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dynamic Health® 100% Pure Apple Cider Vinegar Natural Mother Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mother Nature’s Essentials® Apple Cider Vinegar 100% Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- Kevala® Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Large Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- White House® Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- Index Table: Top Organic Apple Cider Vinegar