Organic raisins come from vineyards that have been farmed without pesticides or other harmful chemicals like many traditional farms. Moreover, these are a healthy snack that is high in fiber and utterly delicious.
So, if you’re looking for the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth without feeling guilty, you need to include the best organic raisins in your diet. Here’s all that you need to learn about this sweet snacky treat.
Are Organic Raisins Better?
Organic raisins are a healthier alternative to non-organic, processed ones. They’re good for energy and nutrients.
- Relieve Arthritis – Many people use organic raisins to help reduce arthritis pain, and a common recipe calls for gin-soaked raisins. Many studies prove that this remedy is plausible since both ingredients are beneficial in reducing inflammation.
- Source of Nutrition – Just like organic ketchup, organic raisins are a good source of nutrients like iron, antioxidants, boron, calcium, vitamin, potassium, and magnesium. As a result, it keeps you high on energy.
- Health Benefits – Besides, organic raisins are the best way to keep your digestive system healthy, according to a new study. Moreover, medical research shows that eating two servings of raisins per day can help improve colon function and even reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
What are the Different Types of Raisins?
Raisins are dried grapes, usually used in baking and cooking. They come in different varieties. Here are a few.
- Black Raisins – Black raisins are a type of dried grape that has been blackened before drying. Besides, the dark color is achieved by soaking the grapes in water with iron sulfate or potassium sulfite.
- Currants – Currants are small dried grapes while raisins are larger, sun-dried fruit.
- Red Raisins – Red raisins are small dried grapes that have been treated with sulfur dioxide to give them their distinctive coloring. Moreover, you can add to salads, pasta, or oatmeal. They’re also great in baked goods and desserts.
- Golden Raisins – Golden raisins are sweetened dried grapes that have been soaked in light sugar syrup. Besides, they’re often used as an ingredient for cookies and cakes or eaten on their own as snacks.
What are the Health Benefits of Water-Soaked Raisins?
The health benefits of water-soaked raisins are immense. They help in preventing diabetes, alleviating constipation, and promoting weight loss. Let’s take a look at them in detail.
- Weight loss – You can reduce weight by consuming water-soaked raisins. They contain natural sugar and help curb your sweet cravings. Not to mention, they are a great alternative to other sugars, and you can also snack on them.
- Improved Digestion – Soaked organic raisins can help you avoid constipation and improve the way your body digests food. This is because they’re a rich source of fiber.
- Good For Eyes – These are packed with polyphenolic phytonutrients. This helps improve the vision by causing the muscles in your eyes to degenerate more quickly over time.
- Healthy For Bones – Consuming soaked raisins is a great idea for women, especially when she hits her 30s. It helps strengthen bones and muscles that are no longer as strong due to the aging process.
Reviews: Best Organic Raisins
So, if you want to avoid those nasty chemicals but still enjoy a tasty snack, then have organic raisins. Here’re our top six picks. Also, a gentle reminder: We may earn some profit with your purchase through this page. However, you won’t be charged extra.
- Sun-Maid organic raisins dried fruits are made from the finest California sun-ripened, organic fruit.
- The high quality of their products begins with the careful selection of the highest quality fruit available.
- Moreover, Sun-Maid’s proprietary drying process retains the natural sweetness and flavor of these delicious raisins.
- These raisins are made with 100% organic ingredients, so you can rest easy knowing that no chemicals or pesticides were used in the process.
- Besides, these will give you that extra boost of energy since it is high in nutrients and antioxidants.
- Sunview Organic raisins are red, seedless and naturally sweet, and delicious.
- They are made from sun-ripened California grapes and are an excellent snack for kids, adults, and seniors alike.
- Moreover, they contain no added sugar or preservatives so that you can enjoy them guilt-free.
- Furthermore, these delicious raisins are packed with nutrients and vitamins that will keep you feeling your best.
- Newman’s Own Organics Organic California Raisins are a delicious, fat-free snack.
- Made with organic raisins and packed in 100% recycled paperboard, these tasty treats are perfect for on-the-go snacking.
- In fact, you can also use it as an ingredient in your favorite recipes.
- Moreover, Newman’s Own Organics’ products are certified USDA organic by CCOF to ensure that they contain no pesticides, herbicides, or chemical fertilizers.
- They’re also non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Kosher Pareve.
- Not to mention, these raisins are fat and cholesterol-free and have a good amount of antioxidants.
- Sunbest Natural Black Jumbo Raisins are a delicious snack that you can feel good about.
- In addition, these raisins are cholesterol-free, low in sodium, totally fat-free, and a good source of carbohydrates for energy.
- Moreover, they contain all the organic raisins nutrition since they are rich in vitamin B, iron, and potassium.
- These black jumbo raisins have the highest fiber content among all dried fruits.
- And the best part is that they do not contain any preservatives or additives and are simply sun-dried to perfection.
- 365 Raisins Organic Thompson Seedless are a delicious, chewy snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt.
- Moreover, they’re made from sun-dried organic grapes and are an excellent source of fiber, iron, and vitamin C.
- Plus, they’re vegan, certified Kosher and non-GMO Project Verified.
- Get these organic raisins bulk for an on-the-go treat, or enjoy them with your favorite yogurt or cereal.
- Besides, they do not contain any sugar or sodium that makes them even healthier.
- In addition, they are certified organic, Kosher, and GMO-Free.
- Zante Currants are dried, seedless red grapes with a sweet and tangy taste.
- Commonly referred to as Zante currants, these organic raisins are smaller than ordinary raisins and packed with flavor.
- Furthermore, these currants are high in dietary fiber and antioxidants.
- Also, they are rich in the element called boron, which supports joint function and healthy bones. Slightly tangier than raisins, Zante currants are excellent additions to trail mixes, granola bars, or any baking endeavor.
- Besides, the product has been certified organic by Pro-Cert Organic Systems Ltd.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Raisins
|1||Sun-Maid Kids - Best Organic Raisins||Sun-Maid||99|
|2||Sunview Red - Seedless Organic Raisins||Sunview||98|
|3||Newman's Own Cholesterol Free - California Organic Raisins||Newman's Own||98|
|4||SUNBEST NATURAL Nutritious - Organic Black Raisins||SUNBEST NATURAL||97|
|5||365 by WFM Vegan - Kosher Organic Raisins||365 by WFM||98|
|6||Toogood Botanics Zante Currant - California Organic Raisins||Toogood Botanics||96|
Table of Contents
- Are Organic Raisins Better?
- What are the Different Types of Raisins?
- What are the Health Benefits of Water-Soaked Raisins?
- Reviews: Best Organic Raisins
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Raisins