If someone tells you that you need to take bacteria to become healthier, you’d probably think that person is crazy, but in fact, is what you are doing when you take probiotics, which are good bacteria that provide benefits for our health.
If you are curious about why you should start taking them, keep reading.
What Are Probiotics?
We have millions of bacteria living in our body, especially in our digestive system, and not all of them are bad or harmful.
Probiotics are living organisms that are good for our health.
Probiotics are naturally found in products like yogurt, cheese, or other dairy products. Still, you can also take a supplement if you consider that you are not ingesting enough amount of them from the diet.
The most common groups of helpful bacteria are lactobacillus and bifidobacterium, although there are several groups with different strains and benefits.
Health Benefits of Organic Probiotics
They Prevent and Reduce Diarrhea – Probiotics are able to reduce Diarrhea that is associated with antibiotics. They can reduce the duration of infectious Diarrhea. Certain strains of probiotics can reduce the risk of other types of Diarrhea.
Help you to Lose weight – According to certain studies, probiotics may help you to reduce belly fat and may assist you to lose weight.
Improvement of Mental Health – The intake of probiotic supplements for 1 or 2 months can reduce the symptoms of depression, anxiety, autism, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. It also reduces stress levels.
Good for your Heart Health – Certain strains of probiotics can reduce levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) and may also lower blood pressure. Probiotics break down bile, which is a fluid made of cholesterol, and they prevent it from being reabsorbed in the gut, where it can enter the blood as cholesterol.
Boosts your Immune System – Probiotics can reduce the risk of infections, and they boost the production of immunity cells like lymphocytes or natural killer cells that have an essential role in protecting our body from diseases.
Boost your Skin Health – Probiotics can reduce the severity of eczema and allergic reactions in response to dairy products.
Helps to Keep your Digestive System Healthy – Probiotics help us to keep gut bacteria in balance and improves symptoms of specific conditions like inflammatory bowel disease, Chron’s disease, and ulcerative colitis.
What to Know Before Taking Probiotics
Check What Groups of Bacteria it Has – Check the ingredients label and look for bacteria that are backup with science like lactobacillus or bifidobacterium if it comes with certain bacteria that you don’t take your time to do some research and find out if they bring benefits. So many probiotics come with bacteria that do nothing for your health.
Organic – You can’t go wrong with organic products, you are going to get a probiotic that doesn’t contain harmful chemicals, pesticides, or synthetic fertilizers.
The Probiotic Needs to Have at Least 1 Billion Colony Forming Units – This is a crucial thing to look for on a probiotic. Living microorganisms can pretty quickly die due to heat, air, or light. Hence, it is essential to make sure that the number of active ingredients that you can find in each serving of the probiotic is high enough to provide you all the benefits.
Consult With your Doctor – Probiotics are the right choice when you have digestive issues or want to improve your immune system. Still, if you are completely healthy, then you might check with your doctor about which probiotics are going to be good for you.
Take Them After Taking Antibiotics – Antibiotics take away all bacteria (harmful and useful), so taking probiotics helps to restore gut bacteria.
Side Effects – You may experience specific side effects on the first days of receiving probiotics like bloating, constipation, thirst, and gas.
You Need to Have Patience – Probiotics take around four weeks to start showing results.
Different Types of Strains – Instead of looking for a product that contains just one strain, look for one that includes the right combination of strains to provide you all the benefits you are looking for.
Expiration Date – It is essential to check the expiration date of the probiotics because if the microorganisms are dead, you won’t get any of the benefits.
Reviews: Best Organic Probiotics
The below list consists of the best Organic Probiotics available in the market. Also, we would like to inform you we shall earn a small commission with every purchase made through the links in the article.
- This 100% organic product is raw, Non-GMO, Vegan-friendly, Paleo, Ketogenic, and free of Gluten, Wheat, Corn, Soy, Nut. It is also Bariatric and Celiac friendly.
- The probiotics support immunity and help with weight maintenance programs.
- It relieves digestive problems such as constipation, diarrhea, bloating, gas, IBS, and other gastrointestinal issues.
- This product is made in a GMP approved facility.
- The probiotics are sourced from three organically grown kinds of grass.
- Also, read the component list to eliminate the risk of triggering allergies.
- This probiotic supplement is made with 50 Billion CFUs and other clinically proven ingredients.
- It promotes digestion, supports the immune system, and feminine health.
- The cranberry extract ProCan provides powerful antioxidants, as well as supporting urinary tract health.
- It can help with vaginosis and provide UTI relief.
- This product is Vegan and does not contain any dairy, soy, gluten, milk, eggs, wheat, shellfish, or peanuts.
- It includes Lactobacillus Gasseri, Acidophilus, Plantarum, Paracasei, Casei, and Bifidobacterium Lactis.
- This product is third-party tested and manufactured in an FDA, and GMP approved facility.
- This premium quality supplement has an organic blend of probiotics developed in plant-based cultures.
- It comes encapsulated in Pullulan capsules to ensure acid-resistance and survival in the gut.
- This product has from artichoke that is organic from Jerusalem. The Jerusalem artichoke is a sunflower root with natural probiotic properties.
- It feeds and stimulates the Bifidobacteria in the stomach.
- The probiotic supplement contains 16 Billion CFU per serving and has six probiotic strains, such as Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Reuteri, Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Breve, Bifidobacterium Lactis, Bifidobacterium Longum.
- These probiotics are manufactured in such a way to ensure that they arrive alive and
- stay that way until expiration.
- This supplement contains 5 Billion CFU per serving and has 14 probiotic strains.
- It comes in a chewable tablet, making it easy to eat for children.
- It provides immune support and promotes overall health.
- The probiotic supplement also contains Vitamin D as well as Organic Amla and Cranberry, which provides Vitamin C.
- The supplement helps good bacteria to thrive in the gut.
- This vegetarian product is dairy, gluten, and soy-free and does not contain any added sugar.
- This maximum strength supplement is formulated by doctors.
- It contains 60 Billion CFU and ten probiotic strains that are scientifically proven to support the immune system.
- The probiotic supplement also supports digestive and intestinal health, as well as improving mental health and mood.
- This probiotic acts as food for the good bacteria in the gut.
- It relieves leaky gut, gas, bloating, constipation and even helps with weight loss, with the help of digestive enzymes.
- The digestive enzymes help break down proteins, fats, and carbs to maximize nutrient absorption.
- These capsules are covered with patented EMBO to protect them from stomach acid and bile, along with delayed-release technology.
- This product is free of gluten, dairy, eggs, wheat, peanuts, corn, soy, shellfish, as well as hormones and other antibiotics.
- It is made with 100 Billion CFU and 34 strains of probiotics per serving.
- This product is made using professional-grade Non-GMO vegan probiotics and does not contain any binders, additives, preservatives, as well as soy, gluten, wheat, egg, peanuts, and shellfish.
- The doctor approved supplement is made with raw and live probiotics and digestive enzymes, chosen based on clinical research.
- It supports the natural balance of the stomach and relieves digestive problems such as the leaky gut, IBS, bloating, gas, etc.
- This product is high-potency and suitable for use by adults.
- The high-quality supplement comes with a guaranteed shelf-stable life.
- It is made in the USA in an FDA, UL and GMP certified registered facility.
- The Llama Naturals natural probiotics are bite-size supplements with the richness of real fruits in them.
- They also contain prebiotics so that your system can get the boost of good color bacteria.
- You will enjoy the mango-peach flavor of the plant-based supplements.
- They do not contain any harmful food dyes, wax, acids, or artificial flavorings.
- You will observe an improvement in your overall health and immune system will work better to fight diseases.
- The probiotic bites are non-GMO free and are 100% vegan for your peace of mind.
- The DrFormula prebiotic and probiotic tablets are small and easy to swallow for anyone.
- It is a healthy blend of 28 fruits, vegetables, and green to make it vegan and organic.
- Moreover, it has the goodness of superfoods rich in minerals, enzymes, and vitamins.
- You can improve your intestinal health and gut health with the good bacterias that aid in the digestion of the food.
- It also has fiber to help your body release of toxic substances regularly.
- These tablets are perfect for anyone who has gluten allergies as they are entirely gluten-free
- The Regular Girl probiotic comes in a powder form that you can add to smoothies, soups, and shakes.
- It is low in calories to not increase your calorie intake in any way while supplementing.
- You can get rid of any digestive issues and constipation with these probiotics.
- One serving has 4gm fiber to help with digestion and about 8 billion active probiotics in it.
- Moreover, one pack will give you 30 servings and can last you a whole month.
- The powder mixes to a clear consistency with no thickness or alteration in the taste of the liquid.
- The Sunergetic organic probiotics come in an easy to eat gummies in a yummy strawberry flavor.
- It is effective in establishing a healthy microflora in the gut to prevent any bloating in the body.
- The brand caters to people with allergies, and the formula is free from soy, dairy, gluten, nuts, or shellfish.
- A healthy gut will give you a boost of energy and help in uplifting your mood in general.
- It is a healthy life improvement with about 5 billion CFU to keep your stomach and gut happy in just two doses.
- The gummies are soft and chewable without having to swallow anything with water.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Probiotics
|1||MaryRuth Organics Liquid - Organic Plant-Based Probiotics||MaryRuth Organics||98.9|
|2||Physician’s CHOICE Women’s - Organic Prebiotics and Probiotics||Physician’s CHOICE||98.1|
|3||Ora Organic Vegan - Pre and Probiotic Organic Supplement||Ora Organic||97.3|
|4||Garden of Life Kids - Dr. Formulated Organic Probiotics||Garden of Life||96.6|
|5||PURELY OPTIMAL Shelf Stable - Premium Organic Probiotics and Probiotics||PURELY OPTIMAL||95.8|
|6||Wholesome Wellness Dr. Approved - Organic Prebiotic and Probiotic Supplement||Wholesome Wellness||94.5|
|7||Llama Naturals Real Fruit - Natural Organic Probiotics||Llama Naturals||95|
|8||DrFormulas Nexabiotic - Organic Probiotics Tablets||DrFormulas||99|
|9||Regular Girl Powder - Dissolvable Organic Probiotics||Regular Girl||95|
|10||Sunergetic Gummies - Organic Probiotics||Sunergetic||98|
Table of Contents
- What Are Probiotics?
- Health Benefits of Organic Probiotics
- What to Know Before Taking Probiotics
- Reviews: Best Organic Probiotics
- MaryRuth Organics® Liquid Organic Plant-Based Probiotics
- Physician’s CHOICE® Women’s Organic Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Ora Organic® Vegan Pre and Probiotic Organic Supplement
- Garden of Life® Kids Dr. Formulated Organic Probiotics
- PURELY OPTIMAL® Shelf Stable Premium Organic Probiotics and Probiotics
- Wholesome Wellness® Dr. Approved Organic Prebiotic and Probiotic Supplement
- Llama Naturals® Real Fruit Natural Organic Probiotics
- DrFormulas® Nexabiotic Organic Probiotics Tablets
- Regular Girl® Powder Dissolvable Organic Probiotics
- Sunergetic® Gummies Organic Probiotics
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Probiotics