Collagen is the most abundant protein in the Human body.
It is the glue that holds everything together. The word Collagen comes from the Greek word “kólla,” which means glue.
It is the major component of connective tissue and is therefore present in bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and skin.
Collagen provides the body with structure and strength.
Keep reading to find out more about Collagen, its many benefits, and the best Organic Collagen Supplements available out there!
Types & Functions of Collagen
- Type I Collagen – Almost 90% of the body’s collagen is Type I. It is made up of tightly packed fibers. It is present in almost all connective tissues in the body and provides structure to Bones, Tendons, Fibrous Cartilage, and Skin.
- Type II Collagen – This type of Collagen is based on more loosely packed fibers. Its function is to cushion joints, and so it is present in elastic Cartilage.
- Type III Collagen – This Type III of Collagen plays its role by supporting the structure of Arteries, Organs, and Muscles.
- Type IV Collagen – Type IV Collagen aids filtration and is present inside the skin layers.
Benefits of Collagen
- Forms Fibroplast – Collagen mainly helps to form a fibrous network of cells called Fibroblasts in the Dermis, which provides a foundation upon which new cells can grow.
- Replaces and Restores Dead Skin – Collagen plays a role in replacing and restoring dead skin cells. Collagen-based membranes are used in Implant therapy to promote the growth of specific types of cells. Since the Collagen-based membranes are resorbable, they don’t need to be taken out.
- Provides Protective Covering – Collagens acts as a protective covering for delicate and vital organs in the body, such as the Kidneys, and provides structure and strength to them.
- Maintains Skin Health and Elasticity – It plays a role in strengthening skin, and may also increase Elasticity and Hydration. Studies show that Collagen peptides or supplements may help slow down skin aging by reducing wrinkles and dryness. Collagen is also used in topical treatments to improve the appearance of skin by minimizing lines and wrinkles and is also often injected as a Skin Filler.
- Boosts Muscle Mass – Almost 10% of muscle tissue is composed of Collagen. Therefore, this protein is necessary to keep the muscles strong and to function properly. A combination of Collagen peptide supplements and strength training increased muscle mass and strength in recent studies.
- Relieves Arthritis and Joint Pain – Collagen helps maintain the integrity of cartilage, which is the rubber-like tissue that protects the joints. This, in turn, helps relieve symptoms of Osteoarthritis and overall joint pain.
- Boosts Gut Health – Some health practitioners promote the use of collagen supplements, due to its many benefits, to treat intestinal permeability or Leaky Gut Syndrome.
- Promotes Hair and Nail Health – Collagen increases the strength of the nails by preventing brittleness. It also stimulates hair and nail growth.
Sources of Collagen
- Meat and Poultry – Chicken and Pork skin, Beef and Fish are excellent sources of Collagen.
- Foods Containg Gelatin – Gelatin is a protein like substance derived from Collagen after cooking. Foods containing Gelatin like Bone Broth are a great source of Collagen.
- Collagen Peptide Powder – Collagen Peptide is actually Hydrolized Collagen and is an excellent way to fulfill your Collagen requirements.
- Organic Collagen Supplements – The easiest way to make sure your body has enough Collagen is to make Collagen Supplements a part of your life. Organic, eco-friendly Collagen is better for everyone too!
Reviews: Best Organic Collagen Supplements
Reviewed down below are some of the best Organic Collagen Supplements available in the market. We would also like to inform you that for every purchase you make through the given links, we are subjected to get some credit for the sale.
- This supplement helps build natural Collagen production since it contains Collagen co nutrients such as Silica for beautiful hair, skin and nails.
- This supplement maintains and restores optimum levels of Collagen, Keratin, and Elastin for a youthful look.
- This plant-sourced Collagen supplement contains High Polyphenolic Pomegranate to protect against UV damage.
- It contains Antioxidants from organic Pomegranate, Turmeric, Amla, Green, and Rooibos tea. It also includes whole food Biotin from organic Sesbania.
- These Collagen supplement pills are USDA Organic certified, Non-GMO Project Verified, Vegan and Gluten-Free Certified, and Kosher Made.
- This Collagen supplement contains pure unflavored Collagen Hydrolysate, Protein, Type I & III Collagen, and essential Amino Acids.
- It contains Amino Acids like Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Valine, Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic acid, Glutamic acid, Glycine, Hydroxylysine, Hydroxyproline, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine.
- This Collagen supports Joint function, helps achieve healthy Hair & Nails, aids in muscle recovery, and gives radiant skin. It also boosts metabolism and improves digestion.
- It is odorless and tasteless and ready to mix.
- This is a delicious Organic, Bio-Fermented Probiotic Concentrate. It helps increase the skin’s production Of Collagen and promotes a radiant, naturally plumped complexion.
- This liquid supplement is made specially to target skin firmness, fine lines, damage done by free-radicals, and aid in Skin Maintenance.
- This contains more than six billion naturally occurring Prebiotics and Probiotics. It helps with gut health and skin maintenance.
- This supplement is Sugar, Dairy, and Gluten-free. It does contain any artificial color, flavor, or preservatives.
- This Collagen powder provides your body with the building blocks required to build Collagen.
- This Collagen powder contains Pea protein for a full amino acid profile and gets the organic Vitamin C required to regulate the production of Collagen from Acerola cherry. It also has Vitamin E from Sunflowers, which protects against wrinkles, and Silica from Bamboo, which helps support structural components in Skin, Hair, and Nails.
- This collagen powder supports Collagen production, which aids in hair and nail growth, muscle recovery, skin elasticity, and provides support to the joints.
- It is suitable for adding to smoothies and coffee because of its versatile Vanilla flavor and salted caramel and coconut-like smell.
- It is eco-friendly and sustainably produced. It is also USDA Organic Certified, Vegan, and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- It does not contain any artificial flavors or fillers. It is also free from Gluten, Dairy, and Soy.
- This is a powerful elixir composed of Adaptogenic, Mineralizing and Beautifying herbs.
- It boosts your body’s natural collagen production and helps strengthen skin, hair, and nails from within.
- This elixir is packed with He Shou Wu, Horsetail, Gynostemma, Nettle leaf, Calendula, Mangosteen pericarp, and Comfrey leaf.
- It is Biodynamic and Vegan, containing Organic and wildcrafted ingredients.
- This Anima Mundi Apothecary product is Non-GMO, gluten-free, and is made using fair trade practices.
- It is formulated by clinical herbalists. It is extracted with high plant ratios with organic spirits and contains a small percentage of Glycerine.
- This product is Gluten and Soy Free, and Non-GMO.
- It contains Monk fruit extract for sweetness.
- It is easily mixed in hot or cold liquids.
- This Collagen powder is created with the highest quality Certified Organic Beef bone broth concentrate powder, which comes from grass-fed, organically raised Cows.
- The Amazing Grass plant-based collagen powder is a one-step towards achieving clean beauty and glowy skin.
- It has the benefits of biotin, which helps in nails and hair growth in a naturally healthy way.
- The vanilla honeysuckle flavor makes it easy for you to ingest the collagen powder.
- It is rich in antioxidants to prevent aging and remove any free radicals from your body.
- With the regular use, you will observe a healthier skin with nourished hair in a few days.
- Collagen For Her supplement offers a high value of collagen with the rich benefits of Japanese matcha.
- Matcha is rich in L-Theanine and natural caffeine to give you a boost of energy and alertness.
- It has no added flavors, so you can add the powder to your juice, smoothies, and food without detecting its taste.
- Also, it is free from added sugar and dairy constituents to be suitable for people with allergies.
- The powder is smooth and blendable so you can whip out your favorite beverage in no time effortlessly.
- The Left Coast Performance collagen capsules have grass-fed and free-range chicken and cattle broth.
- The extraction process uses low heat to retain all the nutrients that are important for joint health.
- You will see an improvement in the elasticity of your skin with the regular consumption of these capsules.
- There is no addition of herbs and fillers in the ingredients that will affect the purity of the product.
- By supplementing your diet with collagen, your bone health and muscular mobility will significantly improve.
- Get this Purity Products veg collagen supplement tablets for a vegan and clean option for your bone and skin health.
- It has grape seed extracts along with blueberry, cranberry, strawberry, and broccoli powder.
- Additionally, it has FloraGlo Lutein, which is useful in restoring vision and improving optic nerve health.
- The tablet is easy to swallow with an organic coating on top of it without any repulsive taste.
- With the vegan choice of plant-sourced collagen, you can have a clear conscience and peace of mind.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Collagen Supplements
Table of Contents
- Types & Functions of Collagen
- Benefits of Collagen
- Sources of Collagen
- Reviews: Best Organic Collagen Supplements
- Garden of Life® mykind Organic Plant Collagen Builder Vegan Collagen Builder for Hair, Skin and Nail Health
- Orgain® Collagen Peptides Grass Fed Hydrolyzed Protein Powder
- The Beauty Chef® Organic Collagen Inner Beauty Boost
- Ora Organic® Vegan Collagen Powder Collagen Booster with Plant-Based Protein
- Anima Mundi Apothecary® Collagen Booster Elixir Adaptogenic Beauty Boosting Herbal Supplement
- Dr. Mercola® Organic Collagen Powder Chocolate Collagen Powder from Grass Fed Beef Bone Broth
- Amazing Grass® Vanilla Plant Collagen Powder
- Collagen For Her® Matcha Collagen Powder
- Left Coast Performance® Chicken Collagen Capsules
- Purity Products® Lutein Veg Collagen Tablets
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Collagen Supplements