Everyone benefits from using lip balm, whether their lips continuously chap or not.
Find out more about why lip balm is imperative, why organic lip balm is superior to normal lip balm and what ingredients are the best for your lips.
Why Do We Need To Use Lip Balm?
The skin on our lips is not like the rest of the skin on our bodies. The skin of our lips is thinner, has no oil glands and is more sensitive than the rest of our bodies.
If we are dehydrated, stressed, or if the weather changes, our lips can chap very easily.
This is why it is important to use lip balm, as lip balm creates a layer over our lips that seals the moisture inside of them.
It also helps to protect our lips from the cold and gives them extra support through times of stress.
Our lips also lack melanin, unlike the rest of our skin.
Melanin is vital to help protect our lips from radiation like the Sun’s rays.
Many people also bite or lick their lips incessantly, which causes them to dry out, crack or peel a lot more easily.
On top of that, chapped lips are more susceptible to infections. Lip balm helps to avoid all these problems and keeps our lips moist, protected and healthy.
Why Is Organic Lip Balm Better Than Others?
Organic lip balm is a few notches up from ordinary lip balm for the following reasons:
- Free of Carcinogens – Most common lip balms use artificial ingredients that are commonly made using a petroleum base, where organic lip balms do not. If you don’t know by now, petroleum and all derivatives of it are becoming well known for causing cancer, skin irritation and other severe reactions inside the body. You do not want to put this on your lips as you will always eat a small percentage of your lip balm without being aware!
- Full of Antioxidants – Organic lip balm is full of nourishing antioxidants and phytochemicals which protect the lips without any harm. Our body benefits immensely from these compounds, and they are actually required as part of our daily diets for health, immunity and balance.
- Repairs Lips – The nutrients in organic lip balm starts to repair the skin on the lips, working at deep layers of the skin. This prevents your lips from chapping and means you have to apply the lip balm less frequently to get the desired effects.
Best Organic Lip Balm Ingredients
The best organic lip balm ingredients for gorgeous, hydrated and non-chapped lips are:
- Beeswax – Beeswax contains preservative properties and will keep your lips moisturized. It also destroys harmful bacteria, which like to infect the lips of those who bite their lips often.
- Shea Butter – Shea butter is thick, natural and full of healthy oils that help to keep lips hydrated. It is often used in lip balm to help keep a firm yet spreadable consistency without harming the person using it.
- Avocado Oil – Avocado oil is rich in gamma-linolenic acid and Vitamin E, both of which are fundamental antioxidants needed by our bodies. These ingredients will help for other antioxidants to work on deeper levels of the skin.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is brilliant in terms of moisturizing and creating an impenetrable barrier across the lips. It also repairs skin and is full of protective ingredients that will prevent sunburn.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is bursting with wholesome nutrients which will not only repair skin and promote deeper penetration of nutrients, but will also make your lips feel incredibly smooth!
Reviews: Best Organic Lip Balms
The best organic lip balms have been reviewed below, all of them containing 100% pure organic ingredients to nourish your lips!
- This luscious set of five all organic natural lip balms will make your lips feel smooth and taste great too!
- A combination of organic avocado oil, beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter all effectively keep the moisture locked into your lips.
- Organic rosehip oil and cranberry oil are both excellent sources of vitamin C, which nourishes skin and keeps it from chapping.
- The five lip balms each have a different organic essential oil flavor including tangerine, vanilla, passionfruit, and mint.
- Wear a different flavor on your lips every day and feel them transform into soft, kissable ones that never dry out.
- This pack of 4 all organic lip balms from La Lune Naturals are sure to keep your lips the only smooth ones year round!
- Each of the lip balms is 100% organic, based on the likes of beeswax, coconut oil, and sunflower oil for an enriching experience.
- Nourish your lips with the added Vitamin E to this lip balm formula, designed to help repair your lips at a lower layer of skin.
- The organic rosemary and calendula extracts will help to prevent infections, chapping and keep your lips feeling smooth as ever.
- Free from all additives, synthetic fragrances, artificial flavors, gluten, and GMOs.
- Makes 3 Organics is proud to present to you their signature organic lip balm, which only contains 3 potent ingredients!
- Organic shea butter is a rich source of Vitamin E, A, D, and F, keeping the skin well fed with a wealth of antioxidants.
- Organic coconut oil is full of medium-chain triglycerides, which are quickly absorbed by the body and help protect skin from the sun.
- The beeswax inside the lip balm will seal the deal, creating a firm layer that moisture cannot escape out from as well as repairing chapped lips.
- This lip balm is certified organic and also meets EWG’s strict natural cosmetic guidelines.
- Even those in Iceland are raving about the magical properties of this ‘Dirty Balm,’ the only organic lip balm potent enough to keep the cold at bay!
- This lip balm does not contain any artificial ingredients, but it is loaded with organic antioxidants to repair dry and damaged lips.
- Made in a 100% organic base of beeswax, coconut oil, grass-fed ghee, and cocoa butter, the lip balm has a far silkier texture than most.
- Even those with lip wounds, burns or incredibly sensitive skin can use this with ease with the help of soothing lavender and chamomile essential oils.
- Treat your lips with some pure organic dirty lip balm today!
- This lip balm with its natural peppermint flavor and deliciously smooth texture will have any chapped lips down to normal in no time!
- Crafted from a stable organic base of beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, and cocoa butter, this lip balm feels smooth and never runs.
- Peppermint oil and rosemary extract both come from the Sage family and both help to keep skin impeccable.
- Added Tocopherols from sunflower seed oil and vitamin E help to deliver all the antioxidants to where the skin can properly use them, at it’s deepest layers.
- Also, use as a great base for lipstick to protect your skin from harmful carcinogens or to keep it looking perfect all day long.
Comparison Table: Top Organic Lip Balms
|1||Candid Essentials Liplok Lip Balm - 100% Natural Organic Lip Balm||Candid Essentials||97|
|2||La Lune Naturals Lip Balm - Organic Beeswax-Based Lip Balm||La Lune Naturals||96|
|3||Makes 3 Organics Lip Balm - Pure Organic Moisturizing Lip Balm||Makes 3 Organics||98|
|4||The Dirt Organic Dirty Balm - Organic Lip Balm to 'Fix Your Face'||The Dirt||98|
|5||Beauty By Earth Organic Lip Balm - Nourishing Organic Peppermint Lip Balm||Beauty By Earth||98|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Why Do We Need To Use Lip Balm?
- Why Is Organic Lip Balm Better Than Others?
- Best Organic Lip Balm Ingredients
- Reviews: Best Organic Lip Balms
- Candid Essentials® Liplok Lip Balm 100% Natural Organic Lip Balm
- La Lune Naturals® Lip Balm Organic Beeswax-Based Lip Balm
- Makes 3 Organics® Lip Balm Pure Organic Moisturizing Lip Balm
- The Dirt® Organic Dirty Balm Organic Lip Balm to 'Fix Your Face'
- Beauty By Earth® Organic Lip Balm Nourishing Organic Peppermint Lip Balm
- Comparison Table: Top Organic Lip Balms