Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Granola, beloved by health freaks, busy mums, and kids, certainly is healthy. However, the regular store-bought ones are loaded with weird additives, soy, and artificial sweeteners. And that’s exactly why you should try organic granola.
When you stick to natural, sugar-free, organic granola, it can keep you healthy. Here are the five healthiest organic granola brands to prove it.
Potential Benefits Of Granola
Granola cereal bowls and bars are not only convenient and budget-friendly but also pre-portioned, which means no more overeating. In fact, some scientific studies suggest that pre-portioned foods could help with weight management.
Most Granola bars contain healthy ingredients like whole grains, especially oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit that goes well with any diet. In particular, oats contain beta-glucan, a fiber that can help decrease total and LDL cholesterol levels, two risk factors for heart disease.
Meanwhile, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits have been shown to boost heart health and control blood sugar levels.
You should also include organic cereals because it is a concentrated form of energy. Thus, it will ensure your energy levels are up, and your metabolic functions are optimal.
Organic granola has a significant amount of iron, so it helps counteract anemia symptoms .
How to Pick a Better Organic Granola Brand?
According to nutritionists, three key factors go into selecting an organic granola cereal to reap all goodness; they offer sugar, fiber, and organically grown whole grains. And don’t forget about portion sizes. Here are a few tips for choosing the healthiest granola.
- Sugar: Almost all granolas – whether organic or not – have some sugar. We agree sugar adds up to the deliciousness of granola, but if you want to avoid a sugar crash later, look for organic unsweetened granola or the ones with no more than 6 grams per ¼ cup serving.
- Calories: Most natural granolas pack around 100-150 calories per ¼ cup serving. That’s about twice what you’ll find in many kinds of cereal. So, keep serving size in mind and add a bit of granola to yogurt or ricotta with cut fruits.
- Fiber: Want to feel fuller longer? Look for at least 2-3 grams of fiber per serving. A diet high in fiber will help digestion, reduce cholesterol levels, and keep your blood sugar levels steady.
- Minimal ingredients: The keyword here is ‘organic whole grain’. Also, look for ingredients you can recognize and pronounce.
- Protein: If you want to bulk up on protein every morning, look for brands with more than 5 grams of protein per serving.
Look Out For These Ingredients
- Added sugars: They have many different names. For example, sugar, corn syrup, brown rice syrup, honey, invert sugar, molasses, tapioca syrup, barley malt extract, fructose, or dextrose.
- Artificial preservatives: Several established brands use butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)to keep the freshness of granola. If you aren’t aware, know this: the US Department of Health and Human Services has declared BHT as a potent carcinogen.
- Genetically engineered soy: Genetically engineered soy contains a good amount of glyphosate residue, a herbicide.
Reviews: Best Organic Granola Brands To Buy
- Michele’s Granola has been a leader in the category for a while now, and it all started with this ‘Original’ organic granola made with whole grain oats.
- Meeting every nutrition gold standard is a delicious blend of organic rolled oats, unsweetened coconut, sunflower seeds, expeller-pressed non-GMO canola oil, sliced almonds, and pure Madagascar vanilla.
- This oatmeal granola is handmade in small batches without fillers, additives, or GMOs. So they’re great for peeps who preach and practice ‘organic’ or ‘all-natural food.’
- Also, their packaging is 100% recyclable and comes with the Sustainable Forestry Initiative certified fiber sourcing certification.
- A 1/4 cup serving will give you 140 calories, 10 g of total fat, 2g dietary fiber, and 4% iron – perfect for keeping your energies up during drowsy mornings.
Nature's Path® Love Crunch Premium Organic Granola
- One of the best-selling organic granola brands, Nature’s Path’s Love Crunch Premium Organic Granola, packs an awesome energy punch (140 calories per serving) and has no trans fat.
- Made from whole grain rolled oats and flax seeds, it also has dark chocolate chunks, organic freeze-dried strawberries, raspberries, and dried coconut to add a yummilicious twist to your breakfast bowls.
- This granola also clocks in more carbohydrates (20g), or 7% of your daily recommended amount. With 2g dietary fiber, it is good for your digestive system, too.
- With USDA organic certification and Non-GMO verification, you can rest assured that you are getting crunchy, yummy, and healthy organic granola.
Nature's Path® Organic Pumpkin Seed + Flax Granola
- Not only is this granola zero-cholesterol, gluten-free, and non-GMO, Nature’s Path says it is a delicious and healthy way to start anyone’s day.
- This delicious granola comes from a blend of flax and pumpkin seeds and is loaded with heart-friendly Omega-3s and 6’s. Plus, it has minerals like calcium, potassium, and iron.
- The granola cereal is also high in fiber, at 5g, hard to find in chemically processed cereal. Additionally, it has a good amount of protein, 10g, which, when combined with the protein in a cup of milk, gives enough satiety until lunch.
- Certified USDA organic, this crunchy granola is a good addition to berry smoothies and Greek yogurt bowls.
Go Raw® Sprouted Grain Free Organic Granola
- Another great option for anyone seeking certified Organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan, and kosher granola.
- This minimally processed mix of dates, sprouted buckwheat groats, raisins, and sprouted flaxseed is so delicious that you will have trouble staying away from it.
- As for the nutrients, the 1 lb carton packs an impressive 3 grams of proteins and fiber, 1 mg iron, and 174 mg potassium.
- Eat it as a crunchy snack or use it as a topper for fruit and smoothie bowl, yogurt, or oatmeal.
- A handy tip: keep the granola cereal in the fridge if you want it crunchy. At room temperature, it may become a little tougher to chew.
Goo and Gather® Blueberry Flax Organic Granola
- A mix of granola, blueberries, and flax seeds adds crunch and sweetness.
- All-natural and organically sourced ingredients are used.
- USDA organic certified ingredients.
- It comes in a pack of two.
Nature's Path® Love Crunch Premium Granola Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Nature’s Path’s granola cereal is touted as a healthy and convenient favorite, especially for a quick organic breakfast on busy mornings.
- Fans of Nature Path cereal love its real chocolate and peanut butter flavor. Not to mention, this granola not only tastes good but also maintains crunchiness in yogurt and smoothie bowls.
- Made with USDA-certified Fairtrade ingredients, each serving will provide 2 g of fiber and protein to maintain your energy through morning workouts and beyond.
- The 11.5-ounce bag of Nature’s Path Organic Love Crunch Premium Granola Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter has low sodium and trans fats – making it a healthy breakfast.
Nature’s Path® Peanut Butter Organic Granola
- All-natural and Organic Granola with peanut butter added for flavor and vitamins.
- Vitamin enriched that contains soy and peanuts for protein.
- Organic certified ingredients are used.
- It is sweetened with oat syrup.
Cascadian Farm® Lemon Blueberry Organic Granola
- Lemon and Blueberry enriched Granola mix come in packs of 2, 3, or 4 to choose from.
- All-natural and organic ingredients.
- This product is also Kosher.
- Source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
True North Granola® Bulk Organic Maple Vanilla Granola
- This organic granola is made with sea salt, cinnamon, and pure vanilla extract.
- It is suitable for freezing for up to 6 months.
- The granola contains whole grain certified rolled oats and seeds such as pumpkin, sunflower, and sesame.
- It does not contain nuts, additives, fillers, preservatives and is gluten-free and Non-GMO.
- All ingredients are 100% organics and natural.
- This granola is sweetened with pure Vermont maple syrup and is low in sugar, carbs, and sodium.
- Keto and Kosher are friendly, cholesterol-free, and contain zero trans fats.
Julian Bakery® Keto Organic Thin Granola
- This delicious crunchy granola cereal is Gluten-free, grain-free, low carb, and non-GMO.
- It is high in fiber and protein and organic prebiotics and probiotics.
- The granola cereal comes in a delicious peanut butter cinnamon taste.
- It curbs appetite without bloating.
- This product is Vegan, Paleo, and Keto friendly and contains Monk Fruit to sweeten the taste.
Luv Michael® Vegan Organic Originola Granola
- This pack contains hand-mixed and hand-packed organic granola.
- It comes in a unique flavor profile featuring Cinnamon, Vanilla, and organic cranberries.
- It is gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, whole grain, and 100% organic.
- Each order is made in small batches.
Cascadian Farm® Organic Dried Strawberry Granola
- The strawberry granola contains organic whole grain oats, dried coconut, and dried strawberries to give you the goodness of real fruit in every bite.
- It also contains cane sugar, sunflower oil, and honey.
- Cascadian farm granola is preserved using Vitamin E and has a natural flavor.
- This product is Non-GMO verified and Certified USDA Organic.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Granola
Table of Contents
- Potential Benefits Of Granola
- How to Pick a Better Organic Granola Brand?
- Look Out For These Ingredients
- Reviews: Best Organic Granola Brands To Buy
- Michele’s Granola® Handmade Organic Granola
- Nature's Path® Love Crunch Premium Organic Granola
- Nature's Path® Organic Pumpkin Seed + Flax Granola
- Go Raw® Sprouted Grain Free Organic Granola
- Goo and Gather® Blueberry Flax Organic Granola
- Nature's Path® Love Crunch Premium Granola Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Nature’s Path® Peanut Butter Organic Granola
- Cascadian Farm® Lemon Blueberry Organic Granola
- True North Granola® Bulk Organic Maple Vanilla Granola
- Julian Bakery® Keto Organic Thin Granola
- Luv Michael® Vegan Organic Originola Granola
- Cascadian Farm® Organic Dried Strawberry Granola
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Granola