Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
The best organic eyeliner is ideal for those with sensitive skin and allergies, but in fact, it’s perfect for everyone! Moreover, these natural organic eyeliners are harmless and gentle to the eyes.
Read further below for why the best natural waterproof eyeliner is better than synthetics, as well as what you do to avoid getting it inside your eyes.
Why is Organic Eyeliner Better Than Synthetic Eye Liner?
Doesn’t it sound better to be treating your skin to wearing makeup rather than destroying it with chemicals inside your makeup?
- Non-Synthetic – The best Organic eyeliners have little to no synthetic substances in them, and that makes all the difference!
- Non-Toxic – The waterproof feature of normal eyeliners comes at the cost of being toxic. Organic eyeliner has the opposite effect on our skin by preventing skin damage.
- Natural – The best natural waterproof eyeliner has ingredients such as honey, coconut oil, and almond oil to be nourishing on application.
- Safe – The organic eyeliners are safe even for people who wear contacts or have eye sensitivities.
While you are looking for organic eyeliner, you should try as well our top organic eyeshadow as it offers you exceptional skin-softening, moisturizing and anti-aging abilities.
10 Ingredients You Want To Avoid In Your Eye Liner
These are some of the nasty ingredients in synthetic makeup that you should avoid to preserve and nourish your beautiful skin.
- Heavy Metals – nickel and chrome have both been found in makeup and are both extremely toxic to the skin and nervous system.
- Titanium Dioxide – research suggests titanium dioxide is a potent carcinogen.
- Retinyl Acetate – also known as retinyl palmitate, both of these are two synthetic forms of vitamin A that the body has trouble metabolizing. These have been shown to produce skin cancer as well as reproductive toxicity.
- Parabens – Parabens are synthetic preservatives that destroy bacteria and increase shelf life. Parabens are toxic to us and quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, causing hormonal disruption, early puberty, reproductive toxicity, and cancer.
- Aluminium – this is another heavy metal that has been labeled a neurotoxin as well as making multiple organs toxic. Aluminum is used in makeup to give it individual color tones.
- Bencalkonium Chloride (BAK) – as odd as it is, this is a compound most commonly found in eyeliner, eye makeup, and makeup remover. BAK is incredibly toxic to the cells unique to our eyes, diminishing the eye’s ability to keep dust out over time.
- Formaldehyde & Preservatives – formaldehyde is a well-known carcinogen and an incredibly harmful chemical. Other preservatives in synthetic make-up emit formaldehyde, making preservatives just as toxic, even if the product is “formaldehyde-free.”
- Prime Yellow Carnauba Wax – This waterproofs eyeliner and makes it stiff, but this also clogs up the oil glands in the eyes and can lead to dry eye disease.
- Carbon Black – This is a powder found in eyeliner that gives it a black color. However, this compound creates cancer and leads to organ toxicity.
- Ethanol Compounds – DEA, TEA, and MEA are all compounds that share this category. These compounds have been linked to breast cancer by allowing themselves to be contaminated with carcinogenic nitrosamines.
5 Fantastic Ingredients Found In The Best Organic Eyeliner
These are some incredible skin and eye-boosting ingredients that you should include in your organic eyeliner.
- Jojoba Oil – jojoba oil gives the eyeliner a great soft spread consistency, as well as nourishes your skin, making it radiant and soft.
- Olive Oil – olive oil is antimicrobial, moisturizing, and soothing, giving your skin a healthy sheen and helping your eyes from getting infections.
- Beeswax – beeswax is a great agent for getting the best natural waterproof eyeliner, antimicrobial, and thicker. Beeswax reduces inflammation and gives the skin extra antioxidants.
- Shea Butter – Shea butter has a luxurious texture, and when applied to your skin, it softens the skin and leaves it glowing in its wake.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is a highly protective master antioxidant, softening the skin as well as repairing any damage and removing scar tissue. Vitamin E is also known to improve eye health and eyesight!
The Best Organic Eyeliner Reviews
Please have a look at our selection of organic eyeliner below and take your pick!
We would also like to inform you that we will get some credit for the sale for every purchase you make through the given links.
- This is a good quality organic best natural waterproof eyeliner, available in both black and brown shades.
- The combination of shea butter and jojoba oil gives this eyeliner its waterproof feature and keeps the eyeliner in place without smudging.
- There is a built-in smudger on the back end of the eyeliner to give a soft-focus look to your eyes.
- The color intensity is superior and will make the color in your eyes stand out naturally.
- The organic ingredients in this eyeliner are full of natural antioxidants and phytochemicals, which will help improve acne and bad skin.
Benecos® Organic Plant Best Natural Eyeliner Pencil
- This is a super soft best natural waterproof eyeliner pencil from the popular global brand Benecos.
- The texture of this organic eye pencil is soft, smooth, and creamy for easier application.
- This eyeliner will benefit your eyes by being rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and other powerful skin-protective antioxidants.
- The main ingredient is rejuvenating jojoba oil, which helps create a waterproof eyeliner with a soft texture.
- Look fabulous while still being healthy with your skin!
- This best organic eyeliner is perfect for those with susceptible eyes or skin.
Benecos® Brown Jojoba Natural Brown Eyeliner
- This natural eye pencil is the brown counterpart from the popular brand Benecos.
- This organic brown eyeliner is incredibly smooth and spreads very easily along the eyelids.
- Many of those with sensitive skin enjoy the soothing properties of this organic-based eyeliner, such as the skin-enriching jojoba oil base.
- Ingredients like mango seed oil and vitamin C rehydrate the skin and eyes, helping keep your eyes in excellent condition.
- This organic eyeliner is also enhanced with vital mineral components, which will restore vitality to your skin.
100% Pure® Silver Black Tea Ultra Lengthening
- These are the best organic eyeliners pigmented with silver shade and jojoba oil.
- It will add dimension to your eyes.
- Moreover, it offers the natural nourishment of plant butter to the skin.
- It is Long-Lasting and smudge-proof.
Burt’s Bees® Nourishing Organic Eyeliner
- Available in three color selections to choose from.
- It is nourishing natural and organic ingredients.
- Easy and smooth application and safe for sensitive eyes and contact lenses.
- Natura Phthalate, [araben, Talc, Petrolatum, and SLS free formula.
Physicians Formula® Eye Definer Waterproof Organic Eyeliner
- It is a waterproof and hypoallergenic natural eyeliner that has dense pigments for bold color.
- Natural and cruelty-free and dermatologist tested.
- The best organic eyeliners are made from natural plant-based materials that are healthy and nourishing.
- It enhances and brings out the natural beauty of your eyes.
Honey Bee Gardens® Effortless Jumbo Organic Eyeliner
- Available in many color options to choose from.
- A Jumbo eyeliner pencil made from natural and organic ingredients.
- It glides effortlessly onto your eyes and will not drag or pull the skin.
- Free from all chemicals and PETA-certified cruelty-free.
- It can be used as a brow filler as well.
Haus Laboratories® Liquid Best Organic Eyeliner
- You can smoothly apply this Haus Laboratories liquid organic eyeliner to the eyes without any tugging problems.
- It provides a fantastic look to the eyes with its thick and matte color.
- It is available in two color variants, brown and black.
- The eyeliner is smudge-proof and provides a long-lasting finish to the eyes.
- It is completely made from organic substances and is free from chemicals.
NYX® Satin-Matte Liquid Organic Eyeliner
- This NYX eyeliner will never fail to put a classy look on your eyes.
- It is a liquid eyeliner rich in its color and provides a stylish matte finish to the eyes.
- The tip of the eyeliner is paddle-shaped and perfectly angled to provide the best application when using.
- This eyeliner will make your eyes look gorgeous and will widen your eyelashes.
- The eyeliner is PETA certified and is free from the use of any chemicals.
Maybelline New York® Waterproof Pencil Organic Eyeliner
- This wonderful Maybelline New York-made eyeliner is gel-based and draws a perfect line in just a single stroke.
- The eyeliner is available in multiple color variants, from deep onyx to intense charcoal to striking navy, all of which are unique and stylish.
- This eyeliner is completely waterproof and will give you a stay of almost 36 hours without fading and smudging.
- It is effortless in its application, and the eyeliner glides smoothly over your skin without any stops.
Neutrogena® Hypoallergenic Long-Lasting Organic Eyeliner
- Showcase your skills with this mind-blowing Neutrogena eyeliner that will provide you with a smudge-free eyeliner experience.
- The eyeliner is entirely waterproof and will stay solid, and will not generate any cracks with time.
- It is formulated with a blend of coconut and honey that helps quick drying and provides a long-lasting effect.
- The eyeliner is easy to apply, and the solid tip offers a perfect line in one stroke.
- It is also hypoallergenic and will make sure there is no harm to your skin.
Comparison Table: Best Organic Eyeliner
Table of Contents
- Why is Organic Eyeliner Better Than Synthetic Eye Liner?
- 10 Ingredients You Want To Avoid In Your Eye Liner
- 5 Fantastic Ingredients Found In The Best Organic Eyeliner
- The Best Organic Eyeliner Reviews
- Jillian Dempsey® Khol Natural Organic Black Eyeliner
- Benecos® Organic Plant Best Natural Eyeliner Pencil
- Benecos® Brown Jojoba Natural Brown Eyeliner
- 100% Pure® Silver Black Tea Ultra Lengthening
- Burt’s Bees® Nourishing Organic Eyeliner
- Physicians Formula® Eye Definer Waterproof Organic Eyeliner
- Honey Bee Gardens® Effortless Jumbo Organic Eyeliner
- Haus Laboratories® Liquid Best Organic Eyeliner
- NYX® Satin-Matte Liquid Organic Eyeliner
- Maybelline New York® Waterproof Pencil Organic Eyeliner
- Neutrogena® Hypoallergenic Long-Lasting Organic Eyeliner
- Comparison Table: Best Organic Eyeliner