Organic eyeliner is ideal for those with sensitive skin and allergies, but in fact, it’s perfect for everyone!
Read further below for why natural eyeliner is better than synthetics, as well as what you do and don’t want to avoid inside your eyeliner.
Why is Organic Eye Liner Better Than Synthetic Eye Liner?
Doesn’t it sound better to be treating your skin to wearing makeup rather than destroying it with chemicals inside your make up?
Organic eyeliner has little to no synthetic substances in it, and that makes all the difference!
Synthetic eyeliner has been manufactured using an amalgamation of toxic chemicals that get it to look a particular color, be waterproof in some cases and remain in excellent condition on the skin for hours.
These chemicals all cause skin damage and eventual skin cancer further down the line.
Organic eyeliner has the opposite effects on our skins.
Organic Eyeliner is made using thick natural oils and usually a natural substance such as charcoal to create the desired effect.
These natural compounds suffuse the body with nutrients that it needs to produce permanently glowing skin.
Organic ingredients tend to protect our skin from radiation while simultaneously drawing out impurities from the skin.
10 Ingredients You Want To Avoid In Your Eye Liner
These are some of the nastiest ingredients in synthetic makeup that you should avoid to preserve and nourish your beautiful skin.
- Heavy Metals – nickel and chrome have both been found in makeup and are both extremely toxic to the skin and nervous system.
- Titanium Dioxide – research suggests titanium dioxide is a potent carcinogen.
- Retinyl Acetate – also known as retinyl palmitate, both of these are two synthetic forms of vitamin A that the body has trouble metabolizing. These have shown to produce skin cancer as well as reproductive toxicity.
- Parabens – Parabens are synthetic preservatives that destroy bacteria and increase shelf life. Although parabens are toxic to us and quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, causing hormonal disruption, early puberty, reproductive toxicity, and cancer.
- Aluminium – this is another heavy metal that has been labeled a neurotoxin as well as making multiple organs toxic. Aluminum is used in makeup to give it individual color tones.
- Bencalkonium Chloride (BAK) – as odd as it is, this is a compound most commonly found in eyeliner, eye makeup and makeup remover. BAK is incredibly toxic to the cells unique to our eyes, diminishing the eye’s ability to keep dust out over time.
- Formaldehyde & Preservatives – formaldehyde is a well-known carcinogen and an incredibly harmful chemical. Other preservatives in synthetic make-up emit formaldehyde, making preservatives just as toxic, even if the product is “formaldehyde free.”
- Prime Yellow Carnauba Wax – This waterproofs eyeliner and makes it stiff, but this also clogs up the oil glands in the eyes and can lead to dry eye disease.
- Carbon Black – This is a powder found in eyeliner that gives it a black color. However, this compound creates cancer and leads to organ toxicity.
- Ethanolamine Compounds – DEA, TEA, and MEA are all compounds that share this category. These compounds have been linked to breast cancer by allowing themselves to be contaminated with carcinogenic nitrosamines.
5 Fantastic Ingredients Found in Organic Eyeliner
These are some incredible skin and eye boosting ingredients that should be included in your organic eyeliner.
- Jojoba Oil – jojoba oil gives the eyeliner a great soft spread consistency, as well as nourishes your skin, making it radiant and soft.
- Olive Oil – olive oil is antimicrobial, moisturizing, and soothing, giving your skin a healthy sheen and helping your eyes from getting infections.
- Beeswax – beeswax is a great agent for getting organic eyeliner to be waterproof, antimicrobial and thicker. Beeswax reduces inflammation and gives the skin extra antioxidants.
- Shea Butter – Shea butter has a luxurious texture, and when applied to your skin, it softens the skin and leaves it glowing in its wake.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is a highly protective master antioxidant, softening the skin as well as repairing any damage and removing scar tissue. Vitamin E is also known to improve eye health and eyesight!
The Best Organic Eyeliner Reviews
Have a look at our selection of organic eye liner below and take your pick!
- This is a good quality organic waterproof eyeliner, available in both shades of black and brown.
- The combination of shea butter and jojoba oil gives this eyeliner its waterproof feature as well as keeping the eyeliner in place without smudging.
- On the back end of the eyeliner, there is a built-in smudger to give a soft focus look to your eyes.
- The color intensity is superior and will make the color in your eyes stand out naturally.
- The organic ingredients in this eyeliner and full of natural antioxidants and phytochemicals which will help to ameliorate acne and bad skin.
- This is a super soft eyeliner pencil from the popular global brand Benecos.
- The texture of this organic eye pencil is soft, smooth and creamy for easier application.
- Rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and other powerful skin-protective antioxidants, this eyeliner will benefit your eyes.
- The main ingredient is rejuvenating jojoba oil, which helps to create a waterproof eyeliner with a soft texture.
- Look fabulous while still being healthy with your skin!
- This organic eyeliner is perfect for those with very sensitive eyes or skin.
- This natural eye pencil is the brown counterpart from the popular bran Benecos.
- This organic brown eyeliner is incredibly smooth and spreads very easily along the eyelids.
- Many of those with sensitive skin enjoy the soothing properties of this organic based eyeliner, such as the skin-enriching jojoba oil base.
- Ingredients like mango seed oil and vitamin C rehydrates the skin and eyes, helping to keep your eyes in excellent condition.
- This organic eyeliner is also enhanced with vital mineral components which will restore vitality to your skin.
- This product is made in Italy from a top selection of organic extracts to bring you a long lasting, cutting edge liquid eyeliner.
- The applicator makes it easy to create definition or sharp edges when you are painting your eyelids.
- Wheat germ oil makes a semi-waterproof layer that stays looking fabulous for hours on end (as long as you don’t stand in the rain!)
- Contains a few natural flower extracts that will help to protect your skin, making this eyeliner ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Shake well to mix the oils with the powder components before applying on your face.
- This is a very thick and creamy organic eyeliner pencil that is made using organic shea butter and beeswax.
- The combination of these two very oily ingredients leaves a hard waterproof layer of makeup on the eye, which looks ideal for the entire day!
- Emphasize your eyes with a smoky, creamy texture that can be made to look shape or smudged for a softer effect.
- Also contains olive polyphenols, which enrich the skin and eyes positively, protecting from bacterial infections and skin blemishes.
- This product has been certified organic by Ecocert.
Comparison Table: Top Organic Eyeliner
|1||Jillian Dempsey Organic Khol Eyeliner - Natural Smoky Eye Black Khol Eyeliner||Jillian Dempsey||93|
|2||Benecos Organic Plant Eyeliner - Plant Based Natural Eyeliner Pencil||Benecos||96|
|3||Benecos Organic Brown Eyeliner - Jojoba Based All Natural Brown Eyeliner||Benecos||95|
|4||Naturalmente Organic Liquid Eyeliner - Natural Black Matt Italian Liquid Eyeliner||Naturalmente||90|
|5||Avril Certified Organic Black Eyeliner - Charcoal Black Organic Eyeliner Pencil||Avril||96|
|6||100% Pure Pure Fruit Pigmented - Black Tea Ultra Lengthening||100% Pure||96|
Table of Contents
- Why is Organic Eye Liner Better Than Synthetic Eye Liner?
- 10 Ingredients You Want To Avoid In Your Eye Liner
- 5 Fantastic Ingredients Found in Organic Eyeliner
- The Best Organic Eyeliner Reviews
- Jillian Dempsey® Organic Khol Eyeliner Natural Smoky Eye Black Khol Eyeliner
- Benecos® Organic Plant Eyeliner Plant Based Natural Eyeliner Pencil
- Benecos® Organic Brown Eyeliner Jojoba Based All Natural Brown Eyeliner
- Naturalmente® Organic Liquid Eyeliner Natural Black Matt Italian Liquid Eyeliner
- Avril® Certified Organic Black Eyeliner Charcoal Black Organic Eyeliner Pencil
- 100% Pure® Pure Fruit Pigmented Black Tea Ultra Lengthening
- Comparison Table: Top Organic Eyeliner