Organic eyeliner is ideal for those with sensitive skin and allergies, but in fact, it’s perfect for everyone!
Read further below for why natural eyeliner is better than synthetics, as well as what you do and don’t want to avoid inside your eyeliner.
Why is Organic Eye Liner Better Than Synthetic Eye Liner?
Doesn’t it sound better to be treating your skin to wearing makeup rather than destroying it with chemicals inside your make up?
Organic eyeliner has little to no synthetic substances in it, and that makes all the difference!
Synthetic eyeliner has been manufactured using an amalgamation of toxic chemicals that get it to look a particular color, be waterproof in some cases, and remain in excellent condition on the skin for hours.
These chemicals all cause skin damage and eventual skin cancer further down the line.
Organic eyeliner has the opposite effects on our skins.
Organic Eyeliner uses thick natural oils and is usually a natural substance such as charcoal to create the desired effect.
These natural compounds suffuse the body with nutrients that it needs to produce permanently glowing skin.
Organic ingredients tend to protect our skin from radiation while simultaneously drawing out impurities from the skin.
10 Ingredients You Want To Avoid In Your Eye Liner
These are some of the nasty ingredients in synthetic makeup that you should avoid to preserve and nourish your beautiful skin.
- Heavy Metals – nickel and chrome have both been found in makeup and are both extremely toxic to the skin and nervous system.
- Titanium Dioxide – research suggests titanium dioxide is a potent carcinogen.
- Retinyl Acetate – also known as retinyl palmitate, both of these are two synthetic forms of vitamin A that the body has trouble metabolizing. These have been shown to produce skin cancer as well as reproductive toxicity.
- Parabens – Parabens are synthetic preservatives that destroy bacteria and increase shelf life. Parabens are toxic to us and quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, causing hormonal disruption, early puberty, reproductive toxicity, and cancer.
- Aluminium – this is another heavy metal that has been labeled a neurotoxin as well as making multiple organs toxic. Aluminum is used in makeup to give it individual color tones.
- Bencalkonium Chloride (BAK) – as odd as it is, this is a compound most commonly found in eyeliner, eye makeup, and makeup remover. BAK is incredibly toxic to the cells unique to our eyes, diminishing the eye’s ability to keep dust out over time.
- Formaldehyde & Preservatives – formaldehyde is a well-known carcinogen and an incredibly harmful chemical. Other preservatives in synthetic make-up emit formaldehyde, making preservatives just as toxic, even if the product is “formaldehyde-free.”
- Prime Yellow Carnauba Wax – This waterproofs eyeliner and makes it stiff, but this also clogs up the oil glands in the eyes and can lead to dry eye disease.
- Carbon Black – This is a powder found in eyeliner that gives it a black color. However, this compound creates cancer and leads to organ toxicity.
- Ethanolamine Compounds – DEA, TEA, and MEA are all compounds that share this category. These compounds have been linked to breast cancer by allowing themselves to be contaminated with carcinogenic nitrosamines.
5 Fantastic Ingredients Found in Organic Eyeliner
These are some incredible skin and eye boosting ingredients that should be included in your organic eyeliner.
- Jojoba Oil – jojoba oil gives the eyeliner a great soft spread consistency, as well as nourishes your skin, making it radiant and soft.
- Olive Oil – olive oil is antimicrobial, moisturizing, and soothing, giving your skin a healthy sheen and helping your eyes from getting infections.
- Beeswax – beeswax is a great agent for getting organic eyeliner to be waterproof, antimicrobial, and thicker. Beeswax reduces inflammation and gives the skin extra antioxidants.
- Shea Butter – Shea butter has a luxurious texture, and when applied to your skin, it softens the skin and leaves it glowing in its wake.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is a highly protective master antioxidant, softening the skin as well as repairing any damage and removing scar tissue. Vitamin E is also known to improve eye health and eyesight!
The Best Organic Eyeliner Reviews
Please have a look at our selection of organic eyeliner below and take your pick! We would also like to inform you that we are subjected to get some credit for the sale for every purchase you make through the given links.
- This is a good quality organic waterproof eyeliner, available in both shades of black and brown.
- The combination of shea butter and jojoba oil gives this eyeliner its waterproof feature and keeps the eyeliner in place without smudging.
- On the back end of the eyeliner, there is a built-in smudger to give a soft-focus look to your eyes.
- The color intensity is superior and will make the color in your eyes stand out naturally.
- The organic ingredients in this eyeliner and full of natural antioxidants and phytochemicals, which will help to improve acne and bad skin.
- This is a super soft eyeliner pencil from the popular global brand Benecos.
- The texture of this organic eye pencil is soft, smooth, and creamy for easier application.
- Rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and other powerful skin-protective antioxidants, this eyeliner will benefit your eyes.
- The main ingredient is rejuvenating jojoba oil, which helps create a waterproof eyeliner with a soft texture.
- Look fabulous while still being healthy with your skin!
- This organic eyeliner is perfect for those with very sensitive eyes or skin.
- This natural eye pencil is the brown counterpart from the popular brand Benecos.
- This organic brown eyeliner is incredibly smooth and spreads very easily along the eyelids.
- Many of those with sensitive skin enjoy the soothing properties of this organic-based eyeliner, such as the skin-enriching jojoba oil base.
- Ingredients like mango seed oil and vitamin C rehydrates the skin and eyes, helping to keep your eyes in excellent condition.
- This organic eyeliner is also enhanced with vital mineral components, which will restore vitality to your skin.
- This product is made in Italy from a top selection of organic extracts to bring you a long-lasting, cutting edge liquid eyeliner.
- The applicator makes it easy to create definition or sharp edges when you are painting your eyelids.
- Wheat germ oil makes a semi-waterproof layer that stays looking fabulous for hours on end (as long as you don’t stand in the rain!)
- It contains a few natural flower extracts that will protect your skin, making this eyeliner ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Shake well to mix the oils with the powder components before applying them to your face.
- This is a very thick and creamy organic eyeliner pencil that is made using organic shea butter and beeswax.
- Combining these two very oily ingredients leaves a hard waterproof layer of makeup on the eye, which looks ideal for the entire day!
- Emphasize your eyes with a smoky, creamy texture that can be made to look shape or smudged for a softer effect.
- It also contains olive polyphenols, which positively enrich the skin and eyes, protecting from bacterial infections and skin blemishes.
- This product has been certified organic by Ecocert.
- Pigmented with Black tea leaves and not Charcoal or tar.
- Strengthens and conditions your lashes.
- It offers a natural longer length.
- Long-Lasting and smudge-proof.
- Available in three color selections to choose from.
- It is nourishing natural and organic ingredients.
- Easy and smooth application and safe for sensitive eyes and contact lenses.
- Natura Phthalate, [araben, Talc, Petrolatum, and SLS free formula.
- It is a waterproof and hypoallergenic natural eyeliner that has dense pigments for bold color.
- Natural and cruelty-free and dermatologist tested.
- It is made from natural plant-based materials that are healthy and nourishing.
- It enhances and brings out the natural beauty of your eyes.
- Available in many color options to choose from.
- A Jumbo eyeliner pencil made from natural and organic ingredients.
- Glides effortlessly on to your eyes and will not drag or pull the skin.
- Free from all chemicals and PETA certified cruelty free.
- It can be used as a brow filler as well.
- This Haus Laboratories liquid organic eyeliner can be smoothly applied to the eyes without any tugging problems.
- It provides a fantastic look to the eyes with its thick and matte color.
- It is available in two color variants, brown and black.
- The eyeliner is smudge-proof and provides a long-lasting finish to the eyes.
- It is completely made from organic substances and is free from chemicals.
- This NYX eyeliner will never fail to put a classy look in your eyes.
- It is a liquid eyeliner rich in its color and provides a stylish matte finish to the eyes.
- The tip of the eyeliner is paddle-shaped and perfectly angled to provide the best application when using.
- This eyeliner will make your eyes look gorgeous and will widen your eyelashes.
- The eyeliner is PETA certified and is free from the use of any chemicals.
- This wonderful Maybelline New York made eyeliner is gel-based and draws a perfect line in just a single stroke.
- The eyeliner is available in multiple color variants, from deep onyx to intense charcoal to striking navy, all of which are unique and stylish.
- This eyeliner is completely waterproof and will give you a stay of almost 36 hours without fading and smudging.
- It is effortless in its application, and the eyeliner glides smoothly over your skin without any stops.
- Showcase your skills with this mind-blowing Neutrogena eyeliner that will provide you a smudge-free eyeliner experience.
- The eyeliner is entirely waterproof and will stay solid and will not generate any cracks with time.
- It is formulated with a blend of coconut and honey that helps quick-drying and provides a long-lasting effect.
- The eyeliner is easy to apply, and the solid tip offers a perfect line in one stroke.
- It is also hypoallergenic and will make sure there is no harm to your skin.
Comparison Table: Top Organic Eyeliner
Table of Contents
- Why is Organic Eye Liner Better Than Synthetic Eye Liner?
- 10 Ingredients You Want To Avoid In Your Eye Liner
- 5 Fantastic Ingredients Found in Organic Eyeliner
- The Best Organic Eyeliner Reviews
- Jillian Dempsey® Organic Khol Eyeliner Natural Smoky Eye Black Khol Eyeliner
- Benecos® Organic Plant Eyeliner Plant-Based Natural Eyeliner Pencil
- Benecos® Organic Brown Eyeliner Jojoba Based All Natural Brown Eyeliner
- PuroBIO® Organic Liquid Eyeliner Natural Black Matt Italian Liquid Eyeliner
- Avril® Certified Organic Black Eyeliner Charcoal Black Organic Eyeliner Pencil
- 100% Pure® Pure Fruit Pigmented Black Tea Ultra Lengthening
- Burt’s Bees® Nourishing Organic Eyeliner
- Physicians Formula® Eye Definer Waterproof Organic Eyeliner
- Honey Bee Gardens® Effortless Organic Eyeliner
- Haus Laboratories® Liquid Best Organic Eyeliner
- NYX® Satin-Matte Organic Eyeliner
- Maybelline New York® Waterproof Pencil Eyeliner
- Neutrogena® Hypoallergenic Organic Eyeliner
- Comparison Table: Top Organic Eyeliner