Are you trying to figure out whether or not to splurge on organic whey protein? Want to learn more about it and where to find some splurge-worthy natural whey protein tubs?
Just scroll down, and you’ll see an in-depth guide and a list of top 5 best organic whey protein powders to fill the pantry cabinets.
Why Organic Whey Proteins Are Important?
Irrespective of your fitness goals, going organic is always a wise choice. Here are a few benefits of choosing an organic whey protein over the conventional alternatives:
Hormone-, Pesticide-, and Antibiotic-free: Non-organic supplements may contain pesticides, antibiotics, and growth hormones that are harmful to the body.
Higher nutritional profile: Cows raised in their natural habitat contain more nutrients, antioxidants, proteins, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), and omega-3 fatty acids. When you choose organic whey protein, you get them all.
Responsible sourcing: To get organic certification, a farmer must practice GMP. For example, good land management, soil fertility preservation, preserving water and air quality, chemical-free feed, and more. That means by choosing organic whey protein, you choose nature.
How To Choose Best Organic Whey Protein?
The organic whey protein market is flooded with ten thousand brands. And, it’s quite natural to lose your way. Here are some key points to consider before buying your next tub.
- Is the whey organic protein brand certified organic? An organic seal on the tub ensures the regulatory standards are met. Plus, they ensure the protein powder doesn’t contain bovine growth hormone (BGH/BST), antibiotics, or chemical additives.
Are the cows treated well? Make sure your natural whey protein comes from grass-fed cows of sustainable family farms. Not to forget, no hormone, no steroid, no GMO feed.
Is the whey cold-processed? Heat processing denatures the proteins and makes the whey acidic. So, opt for cold-processed organic whey proteins that have all nutrients intact.
No acid processing or bleaching – Acids and bleaches are used to separate fat from whey. So, look for a natural enzyme-treated whey protein.
Say ‘No’ to whey isolate -whey isolates are the acid-treated ones. So, go for whey concentrate.
Filler-free label – Scan the labels quickly for fillers like artificial sweeteners, preservatives, and colors. As a general rule, one-ingredient is your go-to.
Benefits of Organic Whey Protein
- Builds muscles –- What better way to build muscle mass than increasing proteins in the diet? About 80-90% of whey is protein. Meaning – your body gets what it needs to build muscle.
Fat burner – If you aren’t aware, whey is an excellent fat burner. The perfect ally for your weight loss journey, huh?
Cuts cravings – Science says, ‘whey balances leptin and ghrelin secretion in the body to cut cravings. For starters, ghrelin and leptin are appetites regulating hormones.
Energy booster – Organic whey protein increases glycogen, the source of energy during exercise, or any vigorous activity. Plus, it gets digested faster. That means it is readily available to the body.
Glutathione booster – Whey protein increases glutathione production. Glutathione is the master of all antioxidants. In fact, scientists found a whopping 64% increment in Glutathione levels in subjects fed with whey diet.
Reviews: Best Organic Whey Proteins
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Fueling your day doesn’t get any simpler than this one-ingredient whey protein powder by Naked nutrition.
- With this, you’ll only get good things – glutathione, essential amino acids, and clean protein because the whey comes from grass-fed cows’ milk.
- It is a cold-processed protein powder. That means the 5LB (2.27 Kg) tub is full of whey protein that is free of contaminants, additives, or heavy metals.
- When it comes to speaking of its nutrient profile, each serving gives 25g of protein, 2g of Sugar, 3g of Carbs, 120 Calories, and 5.9g of BCAAs.
- No GMO, growth hormone, gluten, or soy, here.
- Fewer ingredients means only one ingredient – well, for Natural Force Organic Whey Protein! It has no add-ins like gluten, synthetic flavors or sweeteners.
- Besides, it is keto and paleo-friendly, Kosher, USDA organic, and whatnots.
- One more reason to love this: it is sourced from grass-fed, free-range, heritage-breed Jersey cows in Northern California.
- Each scoop gives 20 g of clean whey protein to meet 42% DV for protein. Now, that’s something interesting!
- Add this unflavored whey protein powder to shakes and smoothies to kickstart your day.
- Onto the real deal: Natural Force offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied with the results!
- Want to take a look at some other options? See our best five organic protein powders.
- Here’s another one-ingredient whey protein powder that is void of synthetic growth hormones (rBGH), antibiotics, or pesticides.
- With no fillers and additives, it is a non-GMO protein sourced from organic milk. It is quality GMP assured, Kosher with Dairy, steroid-free, and keto-friendly.
- To prevent denaturation of protein, it is processed at low temperatures. That means it is bioavailable and good for your gut.
- It is a rich source of naturally occurring branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). BCAAs are important for building muscles and reducing muscle fatigue.
- The only bummer? It is a little expensive than your conventional dairy.
- If you’ve already started counting the macros, the ProMix Grass-fed Whey Protein is most tailored to your needs.
- A favorite among weightlifters and CrossFit athletes, it is sourced from grass-fed cows. It also has 0.75% sunflower lecithin for an added punch.
- The whey protein comes free of everything you’d want to avoid – like corn, soy, gluten, synthetic colors, GMO, and hormones.
- It employs cold processing and microfiltration to prevent the denaturation of proteins. Plus, it is chemical- and bleach-free.
- Each scoop gives 25 g protein, 1 g sugar, and 5.9g BCAAs. This unflavored mix is best to add to the protein ball mix or smoothies.
- Available flavors: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Peanut Butter.
- Another organic whey protein for fitness freaks out there. Featuring NSF certified ingredients and label claims it consists of natural whey isolate.
- With 24 grams of protein and 5 grams of BCAAs per serving, this is a great all-around whey protein powder, especially for gym-fanatics.
- This product is sweetened with stevia, is gluten-, lactose-, synthetic color- and synthetic flavor-free. It is also a lactose-reduced formula.
- It comes in three different sizes (1.6, 1.8, and 4 pounds) to suit your protein needs.
- Add it to brownie butter, almond milk, a smoothie to fasten muscle recovery.
- Available flavors: Caramel chocolate, decadent chocolate, unflavored, and vanilla bean.
- It contains only one ingredient, and that is pure grass-fed whey protein.
- It is made from the milk of Jersey cows that graze freely on lush green grass all year round.
- It does not contain any additives, only natural organic Whey protein.
- Sourced from sustainable and certified small farms.
- Pure Whey isolate protein shake in a vanilla or chocolate flavor.
- Gras fed Organic Non-GMO and projected verified cows milk is used.
- It is certified organic and sourced from small farms.
- Supports the immune system and makes a great sports drink.
- Pure Pasture Fed Organic Milk is used to make the Whey protein.
- It is Non-GMO and project verified, as well as USDA certified ingredients.
- Unflavored and no additives, only pure whey protein.
- Hormone-free and processes without any bleach.
- This is an organic grass-fed whey protein pacl.
- It is blended with organic Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla for a perfect combination of taste and health.
- This product is certified USDA Organic and made from locally sourced ingredients from family farms in Wisconsin, America.
- Each serving contains 21 grams of whey protein.
- It is gluten-free, rBGH/rBST, antibiotic-free, Non-GMO, low-carb and low-glycemic.
- This certified Organic grass-fed whey protein concentrate is raised and produced in the USA.
- It is hormone-free, unflavored, 100% pure, non-GMO, undenatured, cold-pressed, organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free.
- This product is pure whey without any additives.
- It comes in powder form to allow for easy and quick mixing.
- This is a grass-fed hormone-free, non-GMO, organic, acid-free, gluten-free, lechtithin-free, soy-free and raw whey protein concentrate.
- It is processed via the cold-pressed method employing ultra-micro filtration.
- This bio-active whey protein concentrate is non-denatured and comes from grade A cows milk.
- It offers the goodness of the full spectrum of Amino acids, BCAA’s, organic minerals as well as vitamins.
- This product is also free of antibiotics, rBGH or rBST, chemicals, gum guar, parabens, preservatives, steroids, synthetics, VOC’s.
- It is high in protein (80%) and provides support for optimal recovery, muscle building and retention.
- This 100% pure organic whey protein comes from happy, grass-fed cows that graze freely all year round.
- It is free of hormones, GMOs, Soy, added sugars or sweeteners, as well as any artificial additives.
- This whey protein offers a delicious creamy texture and a neutral taste when dissolved in water or any other liquid.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Whey Protein
|1||NAKED nutrition 100% Grass Fed - Organic Whey Protein Powder||NAKED nutrition||97.9|
|2||Natural Force Organic - Unflavoured Whey Protein||Natural Force||97|
|3||Now Sports Natural - Whey Protein||Now Sports||98|
|4||ProMix Nutrition Grass Fed - 100% Natural Whey Protein||ProMix Nutrition||96|
|5||Bodylogix Organic - Whey Protein||Bodylogix||98|
|6||Raw Organic Whey Happy Healthy Cows - Organic Whey Protein||Raw Organic Whey||98|
|7||Garden of Life Sport Cetified - Organic Whey Protein||Garden of Life||98|
|8||Source Organic Classic - Organic Whey Protein||Source Organic||98|
|9||teras whey Pure - Organic Whey Protein||teras whey||95.4|
|10||Z Natural Foods Grass-fed - Organic Whey Protein Powder||Z Natural Foods||94.9|
|11||Natur-Pur Raw - MyWHEY Organic Whey Protein||Natur-Pur||94.2|
|12||Ekopura Natural - Organic Whey Protein||Ekopura||93.6|
Table of Contents
- Why Organic Whey Proteins Are Important?
- How To Choose Best Organic Whey Protein?
- Benefits of Organic Whey Protein
- Reviews: Best Organic Whey Proteins
- NAKED nutrition® 100% Grass Fed Organic Whey Protein Powder
- Natural Force® Organic Unflavoured Whey Protein
- Now Sports® Natural Whey Protein
- ProMix Nutrition® Grass Fed 100% Natural Whey Protein
- Bodylogix® Organic Whey Protein
- Raw Organic Whey® Happy Healthy Cows Organic Whey Protein
- Garden of Life® Sport Cetified Organic Whey Protein
- Source Organic® Classic Organic Whey Protein
- teras whey® Pure Organic Whey Protein
- Z Natural Foods® Grass-fed Organic Whey Protein Powder
- Natur-Pur® Raw MyWHEY Organic Whey Protein
- Ekopura® Natural Organic Whey Protein
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Whey Protein