Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Organic Jojoba (ho-HO-bah) Oil – women love it for natural-looking hair and glowing skin, whereas men love it for softer mustache and beard. And, here at Organic Aspirations, we love organic jojoba oil for all miracles it does in between.
This article will provide you with a buying guide and things you need to consider when purchasing organic jojoba oil.
Why Use Jojoba Oil?
Jojoba oil is similar to sebum: Jojoba shares chemical and structural similarities with human sebum. Hence it is a good lubricating and waterproofing agent for your skin and hair.
Jojoba oil is safe to use: This fresh organic essential oil is non-toxic, non-allergenic, non-irritating, and non-comedogenic. It will encourage clear, healthy skin and hair with beneficial minerals such as copper, zinc, selenium, iodine, and chromium.
Jojoba oil is a storehouse of vitamins: The oil contains Vitamin E and B-complex in abundance. It fights free radicals, delays premature aging, maintains hormone balance, and protects the skin from infection.
Jojoba oil is good for your hair: Just like the organic rosehip, Jojoba oil helps minimize frizz and adds shine if you brush it through damp or dry hair. With regular application, it strengthens your cuticles and nail beds as well.
Dangers in Conventionally-produced Oils
Consumers buying organic veggies and fruits tend to concentrate on choosing fewer pesticides and no genetic modification. However, while selecting oils, they overlook pesticides and chemical additives. And, this is the single largest disparity between organic and conventional oils. Organic jojoba oil does not contain chemical additives found in its conventional counterparts.
Chemical additives include synthetic colors, flavors, fragrances, preservatives, fillers, trans-fats, stabilizers, and sweeteners. The purposes of these nasties are to enhance palatability, visual appeal and to extend shelf life.
Many of these fillers present health risks and accumulate in the system, eventually reaching toxic levels and resulting in chronic health conditions.
For those who do not consider fillers a health risk, using inorganic jojoba oils will not seem alarming or unhealthy. But if avoiding chemical additives is a priority, organic jojoba oils are the alternative.
How to Choose the Best Jojoba Oil
The oil extracted from the jojoba is always considered the purest form. However, some important factors need to be considered when buying organic jojoba oil. You are looking out for the best jojoba oil that benefits you at the end of the day.
Check out this information below to learn how to choose the best organic jojoba oil.
- Organic label: Look for certifications by USDA or other certifying authorities. This allows you to buy the oil confidently, knowing that the purity or safety isn’t compromised.
- Purity: Organic jojoba oil will be approximately 90 to 100% in its purest form. One thing that you must know is that pure organic Jojoba might be a little pricier.
- Blended: Jojoba oil has great mixability. But it’s always best to get the purest organic jojoba oil and blend it in your way.
- Fragrance-Free : Pure form of the oil has little or no fragrance. Be sure to avoid scented ones if you are buying them for cosmetic purposes.
- Dropper: Organic jojoba oils usually come in a dark Amber bottle and require a dropper to be used. This allows the consumer to get the purest product with no interference from plastic or light.
- Cold Pressed: Heating jojoba oil can damage its natural goodness during the extraction process. Cold-pressed oils are considered the most refined and purest.
Reviews: Best Organic Jojoba Essential Oil Brands
To make the purchase a breeze, we’ve included a list of our top five favorite organic jojoba oils. Read more about our favorites below!
- A bottle of Kate Blanc Cosmetics’ jojoba oil is a must-have for those looking for a bottle that houses 100% pure oil – zero fillers, zero fluff.
- Whether you’re dealing with dry skin and scalp, wrinkles, need to care for your skincare routine or treat skin conditions, this jojoba oil is a great option.
- It’s cold-pressed, unrefined, cruelty-free, and USDA certified, making it one of the purest formulas for all your beauty-related needs.
- You can even use this as a makeup remover or remove sunburn without worrying about nasties or astringent smells.
- The one bummer we found is that it’s a teeny bottle. So if you’re looking for something to moisturize the entire body, keep reading.
Cliganic® 100% Pure USDA Organic Jojoba Oil
- If you are looking out for pure, one-ingredient jojoba oil, the best thing you can do is go for the top jojoba oil brands like Cliganic.
- It helps heal acne scars, strengthen nails, defrizz hair, reduce fine lines and age spots, and remove makeup; there’s not much this organic jojoba oil can’t do.
- It is certified Organic by USDA, 100% pure, cold-pressed, and has no additives, hexane, chemicals, alcohol, and fragrance. Another plus – it is not diluted!
- The 4 oz jojoba oil comes in dark amber bottles and, it remains protected from UV light. This, in turn, slows down the oxidation process, and your oil will simply last longer.
- Bottled in the USA, this certified organic jojoba oil has not been tested on animals, perfect for vegan beauty lovers.
US Organic® Natural Cold Pressed Organic Oil
- The super-effective US Organic Jojoba oil will keep your skin moist and wrinkle-free by improving skin elasticity and cell regeneration.
- It also imparts relief to dry and ultra-sensitive skin and may even ameliorate some of the symptoms of brittle nails, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Moreover, it’s not diluted either, so you can reap full effects every time you use it. It is USDA Certified Organic and cold-pressed, too.
- The fast-absorbing oil can work wonders on age spots, sun damage, stretch marks, and everything in between. Use it regularly in the morning or just before bed.
- Additionally, this cruelty-free oil comes directly from US Organic’s own FDA-registered, GMP-certified, and USDA-certified facility.
Teak Naturals® 100% Pure Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil
- Among so many Jojoba oil brands, mention must be made to Teak Naturals, which sells pure, organic, and non-GMO jojoba oil for beautiful skin and gorgeous hair.
- Cold pressing is used for oil extraction; hence it provides all nutrients essential for glowing skin and lustrous hair. It is also great for
- treating chapped lips, stretch marks, beard itch, and acne.
- The oil moisturizes effectively if you’re dehydrated and has a superb anti-inflammatory effect when treating skin conditions. Furthermore, it is a great option for sensitive skin and helps to relieve itchiness and irritation.
- There are no synthetic additives in it and, many users (including us!) are thus quite loyal to this brand of organic jojoba oil.
Viva Naturals® Cold Pressed Organic Jojoba Oil
- This all-over body oil from Viva Naturals is one of the best in treating various pesky, recurring problems, like chapped lips and cracked skin.
- It’s also cold-pressed, so nutrients like Iodine, vitamins B and E, and essential fatty acids are locked into the formula, unaltered by heat or processing.
- Another reason to add this to your shopping cart – is completely free of any allergens, additives, preservatives, and fragrances. So you can use it as a massage oil, serum, or facial oil.
- Each 4-ounce bottle is made from dark glass, which gives protection from sunlight.
Rejuve Naturals® Cold Pressed Organic Jojoba Oil
- A 100% pure Golden Jojoba oil that has no artificial fillers or fragrances.
- Organically sourced Jojoba oil that is certified and all-natural.
- Ideal to use on the hair and skin.
- It is certified by USDA and ECO Cert, and no GMOs.
Garden of Life® Golden Organic Jojoba Oil
- The ideal oil for blending with your essential oils.
- Plenty of skin-loving and hair and scalp benefits.
- All-natural and 100% organic.
- Non-greasy and gives a smooth finish.
- Certified with USDA and Non-GMO project certified.
Now Solutions® Certified Organic Jojoba Oil
- USDA Certified all-natural and Organic Jojoba Oil.
- It comes in an 8-ounce plastic safe bottle.
- Natural oil for treating dry skin, scalp, and rashes.
- It improves the manageability of your hair and nourishes the skin.
- A non-Greasy and smooth formulation.
Verdana® Cold Pressed Organic Golden Jojoba Oil
- This organic Jojoba oil is the best remedy for dry and cracked elbows and heels as it naturally moisturizes the skin.
- It tames dry and frizzy hair and increases hair growth and thickness.
- It is non-allergic and chemical-free, so it is the perfect solution for razor burn.
- Verdana Organic Jojoba oil is an organic makeup remover as it deep cleanses the skin.
Leven Rose® 100% Pure Unrefined Organic Jojoba Oil
- This organic Jojoba oil has rich nutrients that heal dry skin, beard care, stretch marks, sunburn, blemishes, and acne.
- It absorbs in the skin and moisturizes it naturally without any chemicals.
- It is Kosher-friendly and fragrance-free and is tested for allergies.
- Leven Rose Organic Jojoba oil is a perfect solution to hair fall, dry, and frizzy untamed hair.
Dr. Adorable® Cold Pressed Organic Jojoba Oil
- This all-over body oil from Dr. Adorable is the best to treat cracked skin and frizzy hair.
- It is cold-pressed to preserve essential nutrients in it, including vitamins, fatty acids, and Iodine.
- It is chemical-free and tested for allergies.
- Dr. Adorable organic golden Jojoba oil can also be used as a massage oil to relax your skin and muscles.
TruSkin Naturals® Professional Organic Jojoba Oil Facial Serum
- This organic Jojoba oil is 100% plan-based, and hyaluronic acid fully hydrates and repairs damaged skin cells.
- It is rich in Vitamin C and E and prevents aging.
- It prevents clogging of skin pores and is suitable for all skin types.
- TruSkin Naturals Organic Jojoba Oil Facial Serum is proudly made in the USA and is 100% cruelty-free.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Jojoba Oil Brands
Table of Contents
- Why Use Jojoba Oil?
- Dangers in Conventionally-produced Oils
- How to Choose the Best Jojoba Oil
- Reviews: Best Organic Jojoba Essential Oil Brands
- Kate Blanc Cosmetics® USDA Certified Jojoba Oil
- Cliganic® 100% Pure USDA Organic Jojoba Oil
- US Organic® Natural Cold Pressed Organic Oil
- Teak Naturals® 100% Pure Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil
- Viva Naturals® Cold Pressed Organic Jojoba Oil
- Rejuve Naturals® Cold Pressed Organic Jojoba Oil
- Garden of Life® Golden Organic Jojoba Oil
- Now Solutions® Certified Organic Jojoba Oil
- Verdana® Cold Pressed Organic Golden Jojoba Oil
- Leven Rose® 100% Pure Unrefined Organic Jojoba Oil
- Dr. Adorable® Cold Pressed Organic Jojoba Oil
- TruSkin Naturals® Professional Organic Jojoba Oil Facial Serum
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Jojoba Oil Brands