Organic essential oils are having a moment because they are the natural, safe, and cost-effective alternative for conventional medications.
They also cuts down the side effects of conventional medicinal practices, not to mention the healthcare bills.
Want to know more about the need to add organic essential oils to your cabinet? Read on!
Organic Essential Oils – Are They All Natural?
We know the essential oils are made from plants, flowers, stems, and leaves. So, technically they are natural, right? Well, not necessarily. Let us tell you why. All source materials used during the extraction have to be grown before they are used.
If there are any pesticides or chemicals used during planting or harvesting, then is the source material compromised? You might think that it would be, but here are a few reasons why it might not be the case always.
- Many plants like lavender, chamomile, and citronella are natural pest repellents. That means they do not need extra doses of pesticides.
- Steam distillation happens at high temperatures. Therefore, pesticides affect neither quality nor purity of the final product.
How to Test Organic Essential Oil
There are several natural or organic essential oil brands out there, and they come with different claims and promises. So, it’s imperative to TEST them. And, here’s how you do it.
Know the labels: First things first: Read your labels and find out the botanical name of the plant(s), origin, and purity statements. Also, check the distillation and expiration date.
Testing: Try to get batch-specific gas chromatography and mass spectrometry test reports from the vendors. Many brands provide GC/MS test reports on the website. Some others will provide them upon request.
Know the terminologies: The terms’ pure’, ‘organic,’ ‘wildcrafted,’ and ‘natural’ aren’t standardized, i.e., they can mean anything the vendor wants them to mean. Even if you find those terminologies, it doesn’t mean that they’re misleading you.
Ask around: Trust word of mouth especially, if it comes from someone you trust. Ask friends and colleagues about the brands, price, and personal experience. If possible, try a sample batch to verify the effectiveness of the oil.
Benefits of Organic Essential Oils
Irrespective of its popularity, very little information is available about the effectiveness of essential oils. Here are some science-backed benefits.
- Improves mood and reduces stress or anxiety: Scents are powerful stimuli to trigger positive emotional responses in the brain. That’s why aromatherapists ask you to inhale essential oil.
- Induces sleep: Research shows that inhaling lavender oil induces sleep in new moms and in patients with cardiac diseases.
- Ward off inflammation: Animal studies show that certain essential oils like thyme, peppermint, and tea tree oil help fight skin inflammation.
- Pain relief: Topical application of organic essential oils is shown to provide relief from lower back and muscle pain. They relieve arthritic pain, too.
- Boost immune system: When inhaled or ingested, essential oils boost the immune system. They reduce the chances of fungal or bacterial infections.
Reviews: Best Organic Essential Oils
There are roughly 100+ types of organic essential oils, and each offers a plethora of health benefits. Don’t know where and how to start your organic essential oil hunt? Pick any one of these pure essential oils and add a few more as you go. It’s as simple as that! Also, we would like to inform you we shall earn a small commission with every purchase made through the links in the article.
- For a nutrient-rich head to toe treatment, choose Viva Naturals Organic Jojoba Oil. It is 100% pure, unrefined, and GMP & USDA certified. With zero fillers and fluff, it is entirely safe for use.
- Curly hair? Overly dry skin? Eczema? Mix with any carrier oil and smooth it into your skin and hair.
- You can use it in daily makeup and skincare essentials as well. Regular usage will ensure well moisturized, soft, and wrinkle-free skin.
- The biggest bonus is that it is a cold-pressed essential oil. That means the nutrients (iodine, vitamins E & B, and essential fatty acids) remain unaltered.
- Viva Naturals jojoba oil is hexane-, allergen-, and fragrance-free. Plus, it is food-grade, too.
- It has never been tested on animals. So, it’s a perfect choice for both vegans and vegetarians.
- If you like using essential oils on your skin, you’ll want this organic lavender oil from Plant Therapy. Like their other essential oils, it’s 100% pure.
- Plant Therapy lavender essential oil is undiluted and non-GMO, besides being USDA-certified organic.
- Being a therapeutic grade oil, it acts as an analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and an antispasmodic agent. Plus, it can also relax your mood.
- It’s an excellent remedy for acne, fine lines, wrinkles, cold sores, and chapped lips. Additionally, it stimulates hair growth and wards off dandruff and scalp itchiness.
- We recommend using it right before bedtime for a good night’s sleep. Adding a few drops in the bath works is excellent to relieve sore muscles.
- Frankincense, also known as olibanum, is extracted from the resin inside the Boswellia tree. It has been used for thousands of years as folk medicine. No wonder aromatherapists consider it ‘the holy grail of essential oils.’
- Prime Natural’s organic Frankincense oil is 100% pure and has no fillers, synthetic fragrances, and additives. Also, it is GMO-free, and USDA certified for purity.
- Frankincense oil treats stress & anxiety and reduces pain & inflammation. It also builds immunity and supports health.
- When mixed into skincare products, frankincense essential oil can treat dry skin and reduce signs of aging. Additionally, it helps getting rid of old wound scars and stretch marks.
- When put in a diffuser, it amazingly boosts your mental well-being — specifically during meditation or yoga.
- Dry skin and Frizzy, damaged hair? Moroccan Argan, it is. The oil works wonders to moisturize and repair skin and scalp. Rub a few drops of the oil between your palms and run through the wet hair for a one-two punch.
- Being cold-pressed, it contains plentiful vitamin E and antioxidants to nourish the skin. It can even halt the onset of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It’s been scientifically proven that Moroccan argan oil can reduce sebum levels. If you’re fighting acne, add a few drops of argan essential oil to your skin toner and moisturizers. It will work wonders. We bet.
- The topical application of argan oil can fasten skin healing thanks to its mild antibacterial nature. The best part – it seeps into the skin without making you look greasy.
- In short, Pura D’or Argan oil is a safe bet to include in your life. It is free of all nasty chemicals, including paraben, SLS, synthetic fragrances, and colorants.
- Bergamot is the unofficial essential oil of depression. It’s commonly used in black tea and has roots that trace back to ancient Chinese medicine as a digestive aid.
- Bergamot essential oil offers myriad beneficial properties for the skin: It’s antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, aids digestion, and can uplift your moods.
- Made with pure, cold-pressed bergamot, this one is USDA certified and contains no preservatives, toxins, or additives.
- As an antiseptic, analgesic, and disinfectant, it’s often used to protect skin from infections.
- As bergamot is also quite calming, you can stash a bottle in your vanity to beat things like mental fatigue, exhaustion, stress, and anxiety.
- You can wear bergamot oil as a perfume thanks to its delightfully, sweet citrusy scent.
- A Full set of essential oils that are most popular with versatile uses.
- The set includes lavender, eucalyptus, tea tree, lemongrass, and orange oils.
- They are pure natural, organic certified essential oils.
- It comes in a lovely box that makes for the ideal gift.
- Therapeutic grade certified organic natural essential oils.
- It comes in a set of eighteen 10 ml essential oil bottles with a gorgeous box.
- They are incredibly high quality and effective oils.
- Free from all additives, pesticide-free and Non-GMO.
- It is a family essentials kit of 10ml blended essential oils.
- The kit includes Lavender, lemon, peppermint, melaleuca, Oregano, and Frankincense essential oils with a Deep Blue, Breathe easy, DigestZen, and On guard blended set.
- All oils are CPTG certified therapeutic grade.
- Ideal for the whole family.
- The organic orange essential oil has a sweet and calming citric scent in its pure form.
- You can enjoy aromatherapy by diffusing the oil in hot water or a diffuser.
- It has an elevating aromatic vibe that will fill your home with freshness and fragrance.
- The oil is free from any chemicals and is cold-pressed to retain the natural oils.
- The SVA Organics clove bud oil is high in potency with its 100% pure, undiluted form.
- Clove oil can help in elevating headaches and toothaches with its therapeutic properties.
- It comes with a dropper to use the oil with accuracy, as it is powerful.
- You can also use this organic clove oil to DIY toothpaste and spicy candles.
- The Gya Labs rose geranium oil is perfect for fighting the aging lines and wrinkles on the skin.
- It has a sweet aroma that has a relaxing effect on the brain and the body.
- The oil is gentle to mix in your day cream and night cream to achieve flawless-looking skin.
- Moreover, it is moisturizing for dry skin to unveil the new skin cells.
- The Nexon Botanics is a steam-distilled pure tea tree oil with antifungal properties,
- It is also suitable for people with issues like cystic acne and blackheads.
- The oil also works wonders for itchy scalp and dandruff issues.
- You can also use tea tree oil to soothe the mosquito bites and prevent them.
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Essential Oils
Table of Contents
- Organic Essential Oils – Are They All Natural?
- How to Test Organic Essential Oil
- Benefits of Organic Essential Oils
- Reviews: Best Organic Essential Oils
- Viva Naturals® Organic Jojoba Oil
- Plant Therapy® Lavender Organic Essential Oil
- Prime Natural® Natural Frankincense Essential Oil
- PURA D'OR® Cold pressed Moroccan Argan Oil
- US Organic® Organic Pure Bergamot Essential Oil
- Cliganic® Pure Natural Organic Essential Oil Set
- Natrogix® Nirvana 18 Piece Set Organic Essential Oil
- doTERRA® Family Essentials Kit Organic Essential Oils
- Sally's Organics® Orange Pure Organic Essential Oils
- SVA Organics® Clove Bud Organic Essential Oils
- Gya Labs® Rose Geranium Blendable Organic Essential Oils
- Nexon Botanics® Tea Tree Organic Essential Oils
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Essential Oils