Sugar, though most common, is not a very healthy sweetener.
For this reason, a lot of people look for alternative sweeteners. This is where Agave Nectar comes in.
Please scroll down to find out all there is to know about Agave Nectar, its usage, and benefits, as well as the best organic Agave nectars available in the market.
What is Agave Nectar
- Agave Plant – Agave is a succulent plant of the cactus species, with strong and large fleshy leaves full of fluid. They are most commonly found in hot and arid regions of America. This plant is also used to make Tequila.
- Agave Nectar – The accurate term for Agave nectar is actually Agave Syrup. It is produced from many different species of the Agave plant. Commercially, Agave nectar and also organic maple syrup are used as a sweetener.
- Agave Vs. Honey – When it comes to Agave, the biggest debate is its comparison with honey. Honey contains fructose in a 40% concentration whereas, Agave nectar has a fructose content of 75-90%. Fructose can be harmful in certain health conditions such as Diabetes, Obesity, etc.
Benefits of Agave Nectar
- Natural Sugar Alternative – Agave syrup is marketed as Agave nectar which is a natural sweetener. It can be used as a natural alternative to table sugar.
- As Topping – Agave nectar can serve as a topping on salads, breakfast cereals, and even baked items. The rich sweet taste lends itself to the base food and makes everything taste delicious.
- Low Glycemic Index – Glycemic Index measures the carbohydrates’ effects in the food on your blood glucose levels. Agave nectar is high in fructose instead of glucose; therefore, it has minimal effect on blood glucose levels. Hence, it has a low Glycemic Index Value.
- Remedial Properties – Agave nectar is naturally anti-microbial and has loads of remedial properties. When applied to the skin, it works to fight against pus-producing germs and bacteria. Therefore, it is used in treating conditions such as Staph. It is also effective against Intestinal Bacteria.
Risks Associated with Agave Nectar
- High Fructose Levels – Agave Nectar contains 75-90% Fructose content, which is very high, especially compared to table sugar, which has around 50% fructose content. Fructose is shown to cause many health problems such as Diabetes, Obesity, Memory Loss, Fatty Liver, and an increase in the amount of Triglycerides in the body.
- High Calorie Content – This product is a high-calorie sweetener. It contains a whopping 21 calories per teaspoon, whereas the table sugar contains 16 calories in one teaspoon. For this reason, it is not a good substitute for people with heart conditions and diabetes.
- Tooth Decay – Frequent use of Agave Nectar can lead to rapid tooth decay because of its sweetness and the high fructose content in it.
Reviews: Best Organic Agave Nectar
The below list consists of the best organic Agave nectars available in the market.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This Agave nectar is made using 100% Weber Blue Agave.
- The Agave plants used to manufacture this product are sourced from Organic Agave farms.
- Madhava’s Organic Light Agave is continuously tested by The Clean Label Project to verify that it is free of contaminants and heavy metals, Pesticides, and Insecticides.
- The Agave is grown and harvested in partnership with Non-GMO organic blue agave farmers.
- The growing, processing and manufacturing of this Organic Agave Nectar are done while keeping in mind the people and the Earth’s well-being.
- This product is USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO Project verified, Vegan-friendly, Kosher, Gluten-free, and comes in a BPA-free bottle.
- This agave syrup can be used as a natural sugar or sweetener alternative.
- Kirkland Signature Organic Blue Agave is an all-purpose natural sweetener.
- Each package contains two bottles of Agave nectar.
- It has a low glycemic index value.
- This product is USDA Certified Organic and Gluten-free.
- The premium organic product is made with 100% organic Agave nectar from the Weber Azul.
- It is designed to be used in place of regular table sugar and any other sweetener.
- NOW Real Food Organic Light Agave Nectar is made with 100% organic Blue Agave plants.
- This versatile sweetener is minimally processed using low temperatures and has a low Glycemic index.
- It tastes similar to honey and can be used in any culinary product.
- It serves as an excellent substitute for table sugar, honey, and maple syrup.
- This product is Non-GMO Project Verified, USDA Certified Organic, Vegan and Vegetarian-friendly, Kosher, and Soy and Gluten-Free.
- This organic Blue Agave nectar is packaged and processed by a family-owned company in the USA.
- This 100% organic sweetener from Nectavé is made with premium Blue Agave nectar.
- The blue Agave plants used in this product are organically grown and processed, keeping the people and Earth in mind.
- It has a low Glycemic Index and contains a high fructose content.
- This natural sweetener is approximately 1.5 times sweeter than table sugar.
- The travel size pack of this product is perfect for traveling, without the need for refrigerators.
- As the brand name suggests, Blue Green Agave’s Agave nectar comes from organically sourced Weber Blue Green Agave plants.
- The all-natural product comes with a mild, almost neutral flavor and adds sweetness without overwhelming the food.
- It is a perfect substitute for table sugar, honey, maple, or corn syrup.
- This product is USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher, Gluten-free, and Vegan-friendly.
- This low-calorie solution comes with a low Glycemic index value, making it a healthy option.
- The Blue-Green Agave Nectar is made in Mexico.
- The Organic Blue Agave Syrup is made using Wholesome Fair Trade Organic Blue Agave nectar.
- This product is a natural sweetener with a low Glycemic Index value.
- The Cup’s 100% Pure Organic Blue Agave Nectar is a Non-GMO Project verified, Fairtrade certified, Gluten-free, Kosher, and Vegan-friendly.
- It is ideal for sweetening breakfast items such as cereals, pancakes, yogurt, and baked goods.
- The wholesome natural sweetener easily dissolves in coffee, tea, milk, and hot chocolate beverages.
- The product is USDA organic and comes with a low glycemic index.
- This package contains 15 pounds of Organic Agave Nectar.
- Wellsley Farms Agave Nectar is produced in Mexico.
- It works as a natural sweetener and can be used in sugar, honey, maple syrup, and similar items.
- This organic Blue Agave syrup is natural, with a low glycemic index, and works as a multipurpose sweetener.
- It is harvested from the core of an organically grown Blue Agave plant.
- Agave does not spike blood sugar like white sugar and corn syrup, making it a perfect substitute for granulated sugar or syrup.
- This organic nectar is made without chemicals by crushing and cooking the agave plant’s core and filtering out the plant fibers to make a deliciously sweet syrup.
- This product is USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Fair Trade Certified, Kosher certified, naturally Gluten-Free, and Vegan.
- Agave sweetener is a crystallized form of agave nectar used for centuries in Mexico as a sweetener and is valued for its medicinal properties.
- It is 1.5 times sweeter than sugar, without the harmful effects of sugar.
- Agave sweetener contains fructose rather than sucrose, placing it lower on the glycemic index, and therefore does not spike blood sugar levels.
- This agave sweetener is delicious, organic, gluten-free, and kosher, with no harmful additives, artificial chemicals, or genetically modified ingredients.
- The Agave Nectar is rich in naturally-occurring nutrients and antioxidants.
- This organic Agave nectar is sweeter than white sugar, minus the harmful side effects.
- It comes with a low glycemic index, ensuring that it does not spike blood sugar levels.
- You can use the Blue Agave nectar to sweeten any drink or dessert, be it coffee, tea, or hot cereal.
- This nectar does not crystalize and easily dissolves.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Agave Nectar
|1||Madhava Pure - Organic Light Agave||Madhava||99.1|
|2||Kirkland Signature All-purpose - Organic Blue Agave Nectar||Kirkland Signature||98.7|
|3||NOW Foods Certified - Organic Light Agave Nectar||NOW Foods||98.4|
|4||Nectavé Premium - Organic Blue Agave Nectar Sticks||Nectavé||98.1|
|5||Blue Green Agave Organic - Blue Green Agave Nectar||Blue Green Agave||97.8|
|6||By The Cup Wholesome - Organic Blue Agave Nectar Syrup||By The Cup||97.5|
|7||Wellsley Farms Natural - Organic Blue Agave||Wellsley Farms||97.2|
|8||Wholesome Sweeteners Natural - Organic Blue Agave Nectar||Wholesome Sweeteners||96.7|
|9||HEALTH GARDEN Crystallized - Blue Agave Sweetener||HEALTH GARDEN||96.3|
|10||Member's Mark Blue - Organic Agave Nectar||Member's Mark||95.9|
Table of Contents
- What is Agave Nectar
- Benefits of Agave Nectar
- Risks Associated with Agave Nectar
- Reviews: Best Organic Agave Nectar
- Madhava® Pure Organic Light Agave
- Kirkland Signature® All-purpose Organic Blue Agave Nectar
- NOW Foods® Certified Organic Light Agave Nectar
- Nectavé® Premium Organic Blue Agave Nectar Sticks
- Blue Green Agave® Organic Blue Green Agave Nectar
- By The Cup® Wholesome Organic Blue Agave Nectar Syrup
- Wellsley Farms® Natural Organic Blue Agave
- Wholesome Sweeteners® Natural Organic Blue Agave Nectar
- HEALTH GARDEN® Crystallized Blue Agave Sweetener
- Member's Mark® Blue Organic Agave Nectar
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Agave Nectar