Olive oil is a must-have in any healthy household, the benefits of which are endless!
Find out more below why olive oil is healthy for you, what else you can use it for, and in what form you should get it.
Also, don’t miss out on our premium selection of ready-to-order organic extra virgin olive oils in the following section.
Top 5 Health Benefits of Olive Oil
Olive oil is one of the healthiest culinary oils on the entire planet! These well-known health benefits of olive oil will elucidate why:
- Soothes Inflammation – Olive oil is incredibly high in anti-inflammatory substances from Vitamin E to Oleic Acid. Those with chronic inflammation (arthritis, gout, fibromyalgia, and many other auto-immune cases) should switch over to using organic oil such as olive and organic flaxseed oil, which are good for reducing inflammation
- Cardio Protective – Oleic acid in olive oil is incredibly heart protective. Those who consume a large amount of olive oil, such as those who abide by the Mediterranean Diet, have been shown to have a lower risk of heart disease, diabetes, and metabolic problems.
- Prevents Free Radical Damage – Olive oil protects much of our bodily tissues from damage caused by free radicals and in fact promotes tissue regeneration.
- Aids Weight Loss – A correlation has been made between losing weight and consuming olive oil! The main reasons are that olive oil prevents your arteries from clogging, helps you metabolize food better, and boosts your good cholesterol, which is essential for weight loss.
- Improves Focus and Memory – Olive oil even does good for your brain, enhancing focus, memory and mental clarity. New research shows that eating healthy fats gives us more energy than eating lots of carbohydrates. Olive oil certainly falls into this category, supplying more energy to the brain and most of the body than regular fats like butter or canola.
7 Other Uses for Organic Olive Oil
Besides having an endless list of health benefits, olive oil can be used for many more applications. Here are just 7 of them!
- Conditioner – Soaking your hair in olive oil before taking a shower and then rinsing it out with your shampoo will leave your hair feeling soft, strong, and glowing radiantly.
- Moisturizer – Olive oil is one of the few natural oils that penetrate the skin deeply without causing harm to your pores or infecting them, and causing acne. In fact, it works so well that it disinfects the skin, combats acne, and has been recommended as a way to treat multiple skin conditions.
- Lip Balm – Since olive oil moisturizes so well, it makes an exceptional lip balm, particularly when blended with beeswax or another more solid compound. Cure dry or cracked lips with olive oil!
- Massage Oil – Olive oil makes a fantastic massage oil, alleviating muscle pain, stiffness, tension and more! Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to scent it nicely, and then you will have an award-winning massage oil.
- Makeup Remover – Applying olive oil to your face before applying makeup will protect your skin from acne and other common problems associated with makeup. In the same way, olive oil can be used to take off your makeup. Dip a cotton swab in it and gently wipe your face where applicable.
- Furniture Polish – Not only does olive oil make your skin radiant, but it adds a neat shine to furniture too! Polish any faded wooden furniture items with olive oil and watch them shine like never before. The best part is that olive oil does not come with any unhealthy fumes that ordinary wood polish would otherwise release into your environment.
- Strengthening Nails – If you are growing your nails after biting them or have weaker nails for any other reason, olive oil can help. It strengthens nails and promotes healthy nail growth. It will also repair the skin around your nails, keeping them looking gorgeous.
Which Type of Olive Oil is the Best to Choose?
Not all olive oils are pure.
When you walk into the supermarket, you will encounter a few different kinds of olive oils, namely light olive oil, virgin olive oil, and extra virgin olive oil.
Never buy light olive oil or an olive oil blend. In this case, the oil has been blended with another vegetable oil or heated through the refinement process and has become rancid.
Instead, opt for extra virgin or virgin olive oil.
Virgin olive oil is where the olives have undergone a second pressing.
Extra virgin olive oil is the cream of the crop for olive oil, cold-pressed, nonheated, and refined as little as possible. This is important, as it will retain most of its benefits when not heated.
Naturally, it always opts for organic olive oil to avoid all the chemicals they spray onto non-organic crops.
Ideally, you would want your olive oil to come in a dark glass bottle to preserve the natural compounds this oil is abundant in.
Glass packaging is also superior to plastic as it stays cool and does not leach synthetic compounds into the oil, keeping it 100% pure.
Reviews: Best Organic Olive Oil
Here is our selection of the best organic olive oil available for purchase online, all of which are very high quality and standard!
- Bragg’s is one of the top health brands globally today, and this olive oil of there’s no exception when it comes to top quality.
- It is made from 100% organically grown olives straight from the Mediterranean coasts of Greece.
- Delicious for use in sautés, roasts, salad dressings, and more, adding a light flavor and delicate aroma.
- It is packaged in green-tinted glass to preserve all the natural goodness of the oil.
- Free from artificial additives, gluten, and dairy and being entirely halaal, kosher, and vegan.
- This organic Olive oil is imported from Italy and harvested from the finest groves in Europe.
- It is firstly cold-pressed, making it well balanced between fruit and spice.
- According to the International olive Council (IOC) standards, this product bears the North American olive oil Association (NAOOA) quality seal. According to the International olive Council (IOC) standards, it has been tested for both quality and authenticity.
- It is made by crushing Arbequina, Picual, and Koroneiki olives, with an acidity of less than 0.4%.
- It comes in a BPA-free plastic bottle.
- This product is cholesterol and carbohydrate-free, as well as certified OU Kosher.
- This olive oil takes cold pressing a step further by using ice to press the olives, making it 20-30 times colder than regular olive oil pressing!
- Certified organic by USDA standards, the olives used to make the oil were never subject to toxic metals or chemical sprays.
- The olives are also GMO-free and hand-picked, giving them a sublime, rich heirloom taste and flavor.
- This oil contains much more nutritional content than standard olive oil and is a darker, richer color.
- It was stored in a dark glass bottle to keep all nutrients intact.
- Perfect for raw vegan, paleo, and many other healthy diets.
- This award-winning olive oil has won two gold medals at the LA County Fair for its decadent flavor and natural state.
- Only made from purely organic olives in USDA-certified growing operations, this olive oil is 100% healthy for you.
- Cold-pressed and extra virgin olive oil maintains all of its natural properties.
- Made from three different olives, the flavor and nutritional content are stronger than those of usual brands.
- This olive oil is more cloudy than usual as it is unfiltered, making it entirely raw and 100% unrefined – get it straight from the oil press!
- This olive oil comes directly from the organic family-run orchid estate of Kasandrinos in Greece.
- Made from the purest organic heirloom olives possible, the olive oil is free of preservatives, additives, chemicals, or GMOs.
- Cold-pressed for an impressive 48 hours, the olive oil comes out bright in color with luxuriously peppery undertones.
- Rich in polyphenols such as oleic acid, hydroxytyrosol, and Vitamin E, add this olive oil to your diet for anti-aging benefits.
- It comes in a dark glass bottle with a screw-on cap and pourer for convenience.
- It has a shelf life of 2 years.
- La Tourangelle brings artisan excellence by providing a premium taste that is derived from the best quality ingredients.
- This 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is well-balanced, intense, and fruity, with hints of freshly cut grass, almond, fresh olive leaves, and a bright, peppery finish.
- It is great for salads, grilled meat, pasta, or a cheese plate; our oils create memorable moments around the table.
- La Tourangelle is dedicated to making carefully crafted, sustainable, and natural products.
- The olives are freshly harvested for this oil.
- This Olive oil is pure, unmixed, non-blended, or adulterated.
- It is USDA Organic, Kosher, PGI certified, and Non-GMO verified.
- It comes with a distinctive Koroneiki color, a peppery flavor, along with fruity undertones.
- The packaging includes a built-in Pour Spout for convenient use, a screw-on cap, and a dark green glass bottle to reduce light exposure.
- This is a 100% Greek Single-origin EVOO from the southern Peloponnese of Lakonia, Greece.
- KEROS is a true organic superfood made from olives freshly harvested from the 1000-year-old trees at elevation in Greece.
- This product is 100% USDA Organic Certified and unfiltered and cold-pressed within a few hours of harvest.
- It offers an incredibly low acidity of
- This high-quality oil is produced from ancient trees and is high in antioxidants, high phenolic (bisphenols > 250 mg/kg, Lignans, Flavonoids).
- As it is unfiltered, it ensures that the maximum health benefits stay with the oil.
- This extra virgin oil is rich, with a fresh herbal scent and a buttery, peppery finish.
- This 100% pure extra virgin olive oil is cold-pressed, unfiltered, and sourced from small organic farmers in Greece.
- The EVOO has been certified with a protected designation of origin seal, guaranteeing its origin and purity.
- This olive oil is unfiltered, making all the difference as it means all of the olive oil’s beneficial nutrients and vitamins are preserved.
- It is ideal for cooking, as a salad dressing, or baking, and it also makes a great carrier oil base for your favorite DIY hair and skin products.
- This oil was cold-pressed from olives grown with extra care along the coastline of the Turkish Aegean Sea.
- The olives selected are young green olives, being high in chlorophyll and many other healthy compounds.
- Certified USDA Organic, the olive oil is stored in a dark glass container for maximum health benefits.
- If kept out of direct sunlight, this oil will keep for a very long time, continuing to impress you and your loved ones with its many health benefits.
- This pure, unrefined olive oil is free of chemicals, additives, preservatives, and allergens, making it ideal for those with sensitivities.
Comparison Table: Top-Rated Organic Olive Oils
|1||Bragg Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Bragg||99.1|
|2||Colavita Pure - Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Colavita||98.1|
|3||Mary Ruth Organics Olive Oil - Ice Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Mary Ruth Organics||98.5|
|4||Paesanol Unfiltered Olive Oil - Unfiltered Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil||Paesanol||98.2|
|5||Kasandrinos Organic Olive Oil - Extra Virgin Greek Olive Oil||Kasandrinos||97.9|
|6||La Tourangelle Early Harvest - Organic Olive Oil||La Tourangelle||97.5|
|7||Kouzini Greek - Organic Olive Oil||Kouzini||97.3|
|8||Ancient Foods Keros - Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Ancient Foods||96.9|
|9||Sky Organics Extra Virgin - Organic Greek Olive Oil||Sky Organics||96.5|
|10||Wilderness Family Naturals Olive Oil - Cold Pressed Organic Olive Oil||Wilderness Family Naturals||91.8|
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Health Benefits of Olive Oil
- 7 Other Uses for Organic Olive Oil
- Which Type of Olive Oil is the Best to Choose?
- Reviews: Best Organic Olive Oil
- Bragg® Extra Virgin Olive Oil Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Colavita® Pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mary Ruth Organics® Olive Oil Ice Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Paesanol® Unfiltered Olive Oil Unfiltered Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
- Kasandrinos® Organic Olive Oil Extra Virgin Greek Olive Oil
- La Tourangelle® Early Harvest Organic Olive Oil
- Kouzini® Greek Organic Olive Oil
- Ancient Foods® Keros Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sky Organics® Extra Virgin Organic Greek Olive Oil
- Wilderness Family Naturals® Olive Oil Cold Pressed Organic Olive Oil
- Comparison Table: Top-Rated Organic Olive Oils