There is much confusion in the world today about the health effects associated with eating fats and oils!
People have become either afraid of touching them at all or are living inside outdated scientific perspectives, especially in regards to cow’s milk and butter.
The best kinds of butter to buy are organic, made with milk from grass-fed cows and with as little refining as possible.
Health Benefits of Grass Fed Cow’s Milk in Organic Butter vs. Grain Fed
Grass-fed cows tend to have the right balance of nutrients in their beef and milk. Grass is essentially what cows should naturally eat.
After the introduction of mass ranch operations, where cows are housed in cubicles and fed with grains, a noticeable decrease in these nutrients was observed.
Later, discoveries about the destructive metabolic properties of GMO grains surfaced, revealing them to promote internal tumor growth and inflammation inside these cows.
These bovines are commonly injected with endocrine disrupting hormones to increase milk yields. However, these hormones get passed on to us in the milk and not without questionable side effects.
Some of the most important set of nutrients found in abundance inside grass-fed cows milk are essential fatty acids and conjugated linoleic acid, which promotes ‘good cholesterol’ and decreases triglycerides.
Fatty acids have antioxidant effects on fat deposit cells (adipocytes) and play a role in breaking down fat.
A Look at Cholesterol, Fats & Heart Health
Many people believe that fats are bad for our health in high quantities.
We were told to ingest more corn oil and safflower oil to combat cardio concerns, although this may not be the case.
Margarine has been shown to increase heart problems in the last decade of research, and there is much confusion as to what appropriate sources of fats are.
- HDL Cholesterol – this stands for high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and is also known as good cholesterol. This cholesterol is the cholesterol your body needs, protecting one against heart disease and preventing bad cholesterol from clogging up your arteries. HDL cholesterol tends to increase from eating healthy fats.
- LDL Cholesterol – this stands for low-density lipoprotein cholesterol or aka bad cholesterol. This cholesterol is what needs to be reduced to avoid arterial complications, hypertension, heart problems, and obesity. Some oils decrease total cholesterol, which is not as healthy as reducing only LDL cholesterol.
The best organic butter is made from grass-fed cow’s milk and helps to lower HDL cholesterol.
Organic Ghee vs Organic Butter: What’s the Difference?
Ghee is clarified butter, made from extracting water and milk solids out of raw unsalted butter. It’s nearly completely dairy-free and is healthier for people with more sensitive metabolisms. Ghee has been used by Indians for thousands of years and is considered the purest of all foods in Ayurvedic medicine.
Compared to butter, ghee has more fat, but because ghee is more abundant in anti-oxidants and the right fats, it counteracts the effects of clogged arteries. Ghee has a far longer shelf life than butter, lasting 6-8months without going rancid and without needing refrigeration, even in desert temperatures.
Further health benefits of ghee include being easily absorbable by our bodies and being alkaline. Butter, on the other hand, tends to be more acidic by nature. Ghee has a higher burning point than butter, increasing the cooking time required before it becomes carcinogenic.
Reviews: Best Organic Butter
Here below we have a list of some of the best organic butter available online.
- This clarified butter (ghee) is made from milk produced by grass-fed cows and is 100% organic.
- This product is suitable for individuals with dairy allergy and is 100% casein and lactose-free.
- GMO-free and USDA organic certified.
- Suitable for the paleo diet and a rich, natural source of vitamins A, K & E.
- Made using a sweeter creamier all natural grass-fed butter, leaving this organic ghee with a delicious texture and flavor.
- Enjoy the best natural organic clarified butter and feel good all throughout the day.
- Stored in Glass.
- This butter was made using milk from 100% grass fed cows that roamed pastures without hormone injections or antibiotics.
- Pure clarified butter, this organic butter is prepared like ghee, removing all impurities and then infused with mineral rich Himalayan salt.
- Enjoy using this in place of regular salted butter in your cooking, while increasing your nutrient intake and lowering bad cholesterol.
- Paleo-friendly, lactose-free, casein-free, hormone-free and great tasting.
- No refrigeration required.
- Stored in Glass.
- This organic butter oil is rich in anti-oxidants, polyphenols, vitamins A, K and E.
- Unsalted, NutraPro’s butter oil contains no preservatives, additives or preservatives, made with clean processes.
- This product is 100% Certified Organic and made with the purest non-homogenised cow’s milk from free range grass-fed cows.
- Contains healthy Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), as well as fatty acids that help digestion and energy release.
- This all-natural Green Food Product is stored in Glass.
- This superior quality spreadable bread butter is made from organic sweet cream, produced from grass-fed free range cows.
- Each batch is made in small batches for quality over quantity.
- The digestibility of cultured butter is one of it’s best features, having beneficial gut bacteria or microflora to aid digestion.
- An incredibly soft texture and full of vitamins and nutrients, organic valley adds no flavorants, additives or preserves to their product.
- This product needs to be refrigerated and comes wrapped in foil.
- Pesticide-free, chemical free, hormone free, antibiotic free and GMO-free in all parts of the process.
- Made from 100% organic coconuts as the sole ingredient.
- Coconut oil is very high in nutrition, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial compounds which are useful for cleansing the gut.
- This butter spread is perfect for sensitive individuals, dairy intolerance, paleo diet, coeliacs disease, diabetics, and all metabolic disorders.
- Suitable for consumption by vegans and contains no additives, preservatives, salt or animal products.
- Stored in Glass.
- Can be used to replace butter in cooking and imparts a refreshing coconut flavor to food.
- Do not refridgerate.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Organic Butter
|1||Viva Naturals Pure Organic Ghee - Natural Grass Fed Clarified Organic Butter||Viva Naturals||98|
|2||4th & Heart Organic Ghee Butter - Himalayan Salted Clarified Organic Butter||4th & Heart||97|
|3||NutraPro International Organic Oil Butter - Pasteurised Organic Grass-fed Cow’s Milk Butter Oil||NutraPro International||95|
|4||Organic Valley Cultured Organic Butter - All Natural Organic MicroFlora Butter||Organic Valley||90|
|5||Artisana Pure Coconut Butter - Vegan Dairy-free Raw Organic Coconut Butter||Artisana||97|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Grass Fed Cow’s Milk in Organic Butter vs. Grain Fed
- A Look at Cholesterol, Fats & Heart Health
- Organic Ghee vs Organic Butter: What’s the Difference?
- Reviews: Best Organic Butter
- Viva Naturals® Pure Organic Ghee Natural Grass Fed Clarified Organic Butter
- 4th & Heart® Organic Ghee Butter Himalayan Salted Clarified Organic Butter
- NutraPro International® Organic Oil Butter Pasteurised Organic Grass-fed Cow’s Milk Butter Oil
- Organic Valley® Cultured Organic Butter All Natural Organic MicroFlora Butter
- Artisana® Pure Coconut Butter Vegan Dairy-free Raw Organic Coconut Butter
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Organic Butter