There is much confusion in the world today about the health effects associated with eating fats and oils!
People have become either afraid of touching them at all or are living inside outdated scientific perspectives, especially in regards to cow’s milk and butter.
The best butter to buy is organic, made with milk from grass-fed cows, and with as little refining as possible.
Health Benefits of Grass-Fed Cow’s Milk in Organic Butter vs. Grain Fed
Grass-fed cows tend to have the right balance of nutrients in their beef and milk. The grass is essentially what cows should naturally eat.
After the introduction of mass ranch operations, where cows are housed in cubicles and fed with grains, a noticeable decrease in these nutrients was observed.
Later, discoveries about the destructive metabolic properties of GMO grains surfaced, revealing them to promote internal tumor growth and inflammation inside these cows.
These bovines are commonly injected with endocrine-disrupting hormones to increase milk yields. However, these hormones get passed on to us in the milk and not without questionable side effects.
Some of the most important nutrients found in abundance inside grass-fed cows’ milk are essential fatty acids and conjugated linoleic acid, promoting ‘good cholesterol’ and decreasing triglycerides.
Fatty acids have antioxidant effects on fat deposit cells (adipocytes) and play a role in breaking down fat.
A Look at Cholesterol, Fats & Heart Health
Many people believe that fats are bad for our health in high quantities.
We were told to ingest more corn oil and safflower oil to combat cardio concerns, although this may not be the case.
Margarine has been shown to increase heart problems in the last decade of research, and there is much confusion as to what appropriate sources of fats are.
- HDL Cholesterol – this stands for high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and is also known as good cholesterol. This cholesterol is the cholesterol your body needs, protecting one against heart disease and preventing bad cholesterol from clogging up your arteries. HDL cholesterol tends to increase from eating healthy fats.
- LDL Cholesterol – this stands for low-density lipoprotein cholesterol or aka bad cholesterol. This cholesterol needs to be reduced to avoid arterial complications, hypertension, heart problems, and obesity. Some oils decrease total cholesterol, which is not as healthy as reducing only LDL cholesterol.
The best organic butter is made from grass-fed cow’s milk and helps to lower HDL cholesterol.
Organic Ghee vs Organic Butter: What’s the Difference?
Ghee is clarified butter made from extracting water and milk solids out of raw unsalted butter. It’s nearly completely dairy-free and is healthier for people with more sensitive metabolisms. Ghee has been used by Indians for thousands of years and is considered the purest of all Ayurvedic medicine foods.
Compared to butter, ghee has more fat, but because ghee is more abundant in anti-oxidants and the right fats, it counteracts clogged arteries’ effects. Ghee has a far longer shelf life than butter, lasting 6-8months without going rancid and without refrigeration, even in desert temperatures.
Further health benefits of ghee include being easily absorbable by our bodies and being alkaline. Butter, on the other hand, tends to be more acidic by nature. Ghee has a higher burning point than butter, increasing the cooking time required before it becomes carcinogenic.
Reviews: Best Organic Butter
Here below we have a list of some of the best organic butter available online.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This butter was made using milk from 100% grass-fed cows that roamed pastures without hormone injections or antibiotics.
- Pure clarified butter, this organic butter is prepared like ghee, removing all impurities and then infused with mineral-rich Himalayan salt.
- Enjoy using this in place of regular salted butter in your cooking while increasing your nutrient intake and lowering bad cholesterol.
- Paleo-friendly, lactose-free, casein-free, hormone-free, and great tasting.
- No refrigeration is required.
- Stored in Glass.
- This clarified butter (ghee) is made from milk produced by grass-fed cows and is 100% organic.
- This product is suitable for individuals with a dairy allergy and is 100% casein and lactose-free.
- GMO-free and USDA organic certified.
- Suitable for the paleo diet and a rich, natural source of vitamins A, K & E.
- It is made using sweeter, creamier all-natural grass-fed butter, leaving this organic ghee with a delicious texture and flavor.
- Enjoy the best natural organic clarified butter and feel good throughout the day.
- Stored in Glass.
- This organic butter oil is rich in antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins A, K, and E.
- Unsalted, NutraPro’s butter oil contains no preservatives, additives, or preservatives made with clean processes.
- This product is 100% Certified Organic and made with the purest non-homogenized cow’s milk from free-range grass-fed cows.
- It contains healthy Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) and fatty acids that help digestion and energy release.
- This all-natural Green Food Product is stored in Glass.
- This superior quality spreadable bread butter is made from organic sweet cream produced from grass-fed free-range cows.
- Each batch is made in small batches for quality over quantity.
- The digestibility of cultured butter is one of its best features, having beneficial gut bacteria or microflora to aid digestion.
- An incredibly soft texture and full of vitamins and nutrients, organic valley adds no flavorings, additives, or preserves to their product.
- This product needs to be refrigerated and comes wrapped in foil.
- Pesticide-free, chemical-free, hormone-free, antibiotic-free, and GMO-free in all parts of the process.
- Made from 100% organic coconuts as the sole ingredient.
- Coconut oil is very high in nutrition, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial compounds, useful for cleansing the gut.
- This butter spread is perfect for sensitive individuals, dairy intolerance, paleo diet, coeliacs disease, diabetics, and all metabolic disorders.
- Suitable for consumption by vegans and contains no additives, preservatives, salt, or animal products.
- Stored in Glass.
- It can be used to replace butter in cooking and imparts a refreshing coconut flavor to food.
- Do not refridgerate.
- An all-natural and organic Coconut Oil-based butter that is rich and creamy.
- USDA certified organic coconut oil that is vegan and Non-Hydrogenated.
- Completely GMO free and contains 62% MCT.
- Organic Natural Goats Milk Butter imported from England.
- Insulated packages ensure freshness and longevity.
- Traditionally made farmhouse butter with natural organic Goat’s Milk.
- Made from the Milk of Alpine Goats in England.
- A delicious and Creamy Clear Ghee Butter for every occasion.
- It spreads evenly and smoothly and has a rich and creamy consistency.
- Organic Ghee Butter that has been clarified.
- All ingredients are natural and organic, as well as USDA certified.
- This product is Vegan-friendly, Organic, preservative-free, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, and Non-GMO, verified.
- Great multi-purpose coconut butter that you can use to spread, bake, and add to smoothies or curries.
- It contains 0% cholesterol and is completely healthy.
- The coconuts used are ethically sourced in partnership with farmers from Sri Lanka.
- It is rich in lauric acid, calcium, and magnesium, as well as healthy fats.
- This is an ancient Ayurvedic healthy substitute for olive oil, coconut oil, Kerrygold butter, or lard and should be in everyone’s pantry.
- It is made using milk from grass-fed cows that are pasture-raised on farms in northern California.
- Organic Ghee is good fat and is rich in essential fatty acids (including MCT), vitamins A, D, K, and E, and antioxidants.
- This clarified butter is made using organic butter and does not contain gluten, sugar, or GMO ingredients.
- This organic cacao butter does not contain any contaminants and GMO-Free.
- It’s multi-purpose and can be used in homemade chocolate or to enrich any dessert.
- The organic cacao butter contains a large number of acids, vitamins, and trace elements.
- You can also use it to moisturize and soften the skin and hair.
- This Food to Live butter has a mild flavor and a delicate chocolate smell.
- This grass-fed ghee is free of dairy, Casein, Lactose, and Whey, as well as USDA-Certified Organic.
- It is also the highest natural CLA source (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) and significant vitamins A, D & E.
- This clarified butter is suitable for many diets, including Ayurvedic, whole 30, paleo, gluten-free, and FODMAP.
- It is perfect for cooking, sauteing as well as baking.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Organic Butter
Table of Contents
- Health Benefits of Grass-Fed Cow’s Milk in Organic Butter vs. Grain Fed
- A Look at Cholesterol, Fats & Heart Health
- Organic Ghee vs Organic Butter: What’s the Difference?
- Reviews: Best Organic Butter
- 4th & Heart® Organic Ghee Butter Himalayan Salted Clarified Organic Butter
- Natural Vedic® Pure Organic Ghee Natural Grass Fed Clarified Organic Butter
- NutraPro International® Organic Oil Butter Pasteurised Organic Grass-fed Cow’s Milk Butter Oil
- Organic Valley® Cultured Organic Butter All Natural Organic MicroFlora Butter
- Artisana® Pure Coconut Butter Vegan Dairy-free Raw Organic Coconut Butter
- Nutiva® Coconut Oil Organic Butter
- St. Helen’s Farm® Butter Organic Goat Butter
- Purity Farms® Ghee Organic Clarified Butter
- Coconut Merchant Foods® Raw Organic Coconut Butter
- Tasty Superfoods® Grass-Fed Organic Clarified Butter
- Food to Live® Bulk Organic Cacao Butter
- Carrington Farms® Ghee Organic Clarified Butter Ghee
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Organic Butter