Dishwasher detergent is one of those products we consider completely safe to use just because we don’t apply it to our skin.
But in fact, our hands are in regular contact with it, and most of them contain harmful chemicals that are going to contaminate your dishes.
We will explain to you why switching to an organic dishwasher detergent is the best you can do.
Life-Saving Tips to Choose the Right Dishwasher Detergent
Read the Ingredients Label – Don’t just buy any product that promises to offer natural ingredients. Always take your time to check the ingredients label because you might find harmful chemicals even if the product looks like it is 100% organic.
No Fragrance – Maybe using a dishwasher detergent that smells good may seem nice, but unless that smell comes from essential oil, it is going to dry out your hands and irritate your skin.
Avoid Toxic Chemicals – When you use harmful chemicals, they dry out your skin, and some residues can stick to your dishes, and you may ingest it, it also makes it a dangerous product at home because kids can ingest it which may be fatal.
Go for Natural Ingredients – Many natural ingredients have antibacterial and antiseptic properties that allow them to remove grease and diet. They are also gentle with your skin, so your hands are going to keep soft and moist.
Surprising Toxic Chemicals That are on your Dishwasher Detergent
Chlorine – This is a common ingredient in cleaning products and to disinfect swimming pools. Chlorine is poisonous when it is inhaled, swallowed, or touched. Some of the chlorine poisoning symptoms are vomiting, the fluid inside the lungs, stomach pain, and low blood pressure.
Benzisothiazolinone – It is commonly used in cleaning products and as a preservative. It can be irritating to the skin, eyes, and lungs. It may cause allergic reactions.
Triclosan – It is an antimicrobial agent that is present in soaps, detergents, and toothpaste. It is considered an endocrine disruptor, and it is associated with allergic reactions and dermatitis.
Ethylene Oxide – This chemical never appears on the ingredients list because it is a chemical intermediate. It is used to control insects, sterilize medical equipment, and make chemicals used in detergents. It depresses the central nervous system, irritates the eyes, skin, and lungs. It is considered a carcinogen to humans.
Formaldehyde – It is added along with preservatives in cleaning products, so they slowly release and prevent bacterial contamination. Formaldehyde is associated with itchy skin and dermatitis. It is known as a human carcinogen; long exposure to it increases the risk of developing cancer. The inhalation of formaldehyde can lead to asthma and other lung diseases. The ingestion of formaldehyde is fatal.
Sulfates – They are a cheap additive that allows cleansers to foam. They dry out your skin and strip its natural oils. They irritate the skin and are associated with allergic reactions.
Ammonia – It is a chemical that is commonly present is dish detergents. If you swallow or breathe ammonia, it reacts with water and produces ammonium hydroxide, a corrosive chemical that causes cough and nose and throat irritation. When you get exposed to high concentrations, it causes the burning of the eyes and nose, blindness, and lung damage.
Ingredients to Look for on a Good Organic Dishwasher Detergent
Lemon Essential Oil – It is an astringent that reduces and controls grease. It acts as a disinfectant. It is gentle with your skin so that it won’t dry out your hands. It has a delicious smell that will leave your dishes smelling fresh.
Lavender Oil – This oil has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. It works to disinfect the dishes. It adds a fresh and delicious scent. When it is diffused, it has calming properties.
Orange Essential Oil – It is an anti-inflammatory, improves blood flow, and relieves the swelling from allergies. It is an antiseptic that works great to kill bacteria, has impressive cleaning properties, and has a fresh, natural citrus fragrance.
< healthy>Kosher Salt – This type of salt is less processed than regular salt and has excellent cleaning properties. When combined with other ingredients such as essential oils, it gets the perfect texture to remove grease and dirt.
Aloe Vera – It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It also adds moisture, so your hands are going to feel soft after you wash the dishes.
Reviews: Best Organic Dishwasher Detergent
The below list consists of the organic dishwashing detergent products available in the market.
- Each pack contains 60 load pouches of dishwashing detergent.
- The detergent is fragrance-free and does not contain any dyes or scents.
- It comes with easy-to-use velcro closure.
- The robust natural automatic dishwashing detergent pods are pre-measured without enough quantity to tackles even the toughest loads.
- This detergent cleans effectively without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Moreover, this product is free from phosphates, phthalates, chlorine, toxins, dyes, or masking agents, as well as cruelty-free.
- The advanced plant-derived enzymes used in this detergent effectively break down stubborn food particles and strains.
- These detergent pods work without needing to pre-soak or pre-rinse the dishes.
- This formula thoroughly cleanses without leaving any spots behind.
- Puracy does not use Cocamidopropyl betaine, sulfates (SLS, SLES, SCS), bleach, perfume, dyes, petroleum-based ingredients, animal by-products, etc. other harmful materials in the making of this dishwashing detergent.
- This product is Hypoallergenic, Biodegradable, Plant-derived, Cruelty-free, and Gluten-free.
- The premium dishwashing detergent cleanses grease, removes stubborn food, and leaves the dishes with a brilliant shine.
- The USDA Certified Biobased formula is biodegradable and an eco-friendly alternative to petroleum-derived dishwasher detergent packs.
- This product is free of chlorine, bleach, synthetic fragrances, or dyes and cruelty-free.
- It comes in a convenient single-dose package for ease of usage.
- Presto! is an Amazon brand.
- Each pack contains one pack of dishwasher soap containing 45 individual packs.
- It comes in a resealable pouch for convenient usage.
- The dishwasher soap is naturally-derived and non-toxic.
- It rinses even the most stubborn food particles and stains and helps the dishes regain their sparkle.
- Method Lights organic dish soap cleans away even 48 hours old stuck food.
- The natural detergent pods are dual-chamber with powder and gel both.
- The dishwasher detergent pods are third-party tested for the highest quality products.
- This product is Eco-friendly and powered by natural citric extracts, making them safe for use.
- It cleanses and removes the most hardened grease, stains, and stuck food without leaving a soapy residue behind.
- This product is free of any harsh chemicals or toxins.
- It leaves the dishes with a fresh lemon scent and a bright shine.
- Seventh Generation Free and Clear Advanced dishwasher gel remove even the toughest of stains and food particles.
- It leaves the dishes clean and sparkling.
- This product is made with plant-based ingredients, making it completely safe.
- The effective formula is made with 65% USDA Certified Biobased products.
- This product is free of artificial fragrances, dyes as well as chlorine, phosphates.
- It is made in the USA with US imported ingredients.
- This Better Life is eco-friendly and safe for everyone; the planet, kids, and even pets.
- This natural, ultra-concentrated dishwasher gel powers through stubborn stains and stuck-on food, leaving no trace of film or cloudiness behind.
- It gives you clean and shining dishes, glasses, and utensils.
- This product is phosphate-free, bleach-free, fragrance-free, dye-free, preservative-free.
- It is made from 100% plant and mineral-derived cleaning agents, such as coconut, corn, and natural minerals.
- These are mineral and plant-based automatic dishwasher tabs.
- It clears away any stuck food and grease and leaves the dishes sparkling clean.
- The dishwasher tabs are made from renewable plants and mineral ingredients, so it does not harm the environment.
- Ecover dishwasher detergents are biodegradable, phosphate-free, and are never tested on animals.
- This is a highly effective spot-reducing formula.
- It is free of Phosphate, Chlorine and does not contain any added fragrances, dyes, or synthetic preservatives.
- Planet dishwasher detergent is certified biodegradable and made with ingredients from plant-based sources.
- It is not tested on animals and is Leaping Bunny approved.
- They offer a high-performance clean with built-in rinse aid.
- This is a USDA Certified Biobased Product, with over 75% biobased and organic ingredients.
- They are free of any dyes, fragrances, and chlorine bleach.
- The special built-in rinse aid technology ensures a spot-free shine.
- It comes in a biodegradable film that dissolves in the dishwasher, so you don’t need to unwrap the tablets.
Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Dishwasher Detergent
|1||Grab Green Natural - Organic Dishwasher Detergent Pods||Grab Green||98.9|
|2||Puracy Platinum - Dishwasher Detergent Pods Organic||Puracy||98.5|
|3||Presto! Biobased - Organic Dishwasher Detergent||Presto!||98.1|
|4||Method Lights Free - Organic Dishwasher Soap Packs||Method Lights||97.8|
|5||Lemi Shine Natural - Dishwasher Detergent Pods||Lemi Shine||97.3|
|6||Seventh Generation Gel - Organic Dishwasher Detergent Soap||Seventh Generation||96.9|
|7||Better Life Crumb-Crushing - Dishwasher Gel Detergent||Better Life||96.6|
|8||Ecover Automatic - Organic Dishwasher Soap Tablets||Ecover||96.2|
|9||Planet Free & Clear - Automatic Dishwasher Pacs||Planet||95.8|
|10||beyond Auto - Natural Dishwasher Tablets||beyond||95.4|
Table of Contents
- Life-Saving Tips to Choose the Right Dishwasher Detergent
- Surprising Toxic Chemicals That are on your Dishwasher Detergent
- Ingredients to Look for on a Good Organic Dishwasher Detergent
- Reviews: Best Organic Dishwasher Detergent
- Grab Green® Natural Organic Dishwasher Detergent Pods
- Puracy® Platinum Dishwasher Detergent Pods Organic
- Presto!® Biobased Organic Dishwasher Detergent
- Method Lights® Free Organic Dishwasher Soap Packs
- Lemi Shine® Natural Dishwasher Detergent Pods
- Seventh Generation® Gel Organic Dishwasher Detergent Soap
- Better Life® Crumb-Crushing Dishwasher Gel Detergent
- Ecover® Automatic Organic Dishwasher Soap Tablets
- Planet® Free & Clear Automatic Dishwasher Pacs
- beyond® Auto Natural Dishwasher Tablets
- Index Table: Top-Rated Organic Dishwasher Detergent